NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2

Unread 14 February 17, 15:21   #101
bobwilliams

Thumbs up No more Viper Competition Coupe genstring/CAS madness... Time to go forth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsofast View Post
Ive been following this with interest ever since I joined nogrip recently and this is one of the first threads I clicked on in the forum. Love the attention to detail and the effort you go to. Can't wait to see the final product whenever that is, half the fun is the journey itself.
Thanks, you're so right.

(And I would really love to give you the best possible car - it's perhaps my favourite racing car, of which I have the fondest memories )

-------------------------------

EDIT: Ok guys, yesterday attempts brought no success in spite of my efforts, I think I will need to change my "operational plans":

I either:

1- Modify the base 360 GT rear wing according to the 360 GT 2001-2002 design;

2- modify the Japanese GT 360 GT rear wing (as suggested by my modding friend 'LeGhoul').

In both cases I will have NO problems with the CAS, which is driving me mad at the moment (I modified the 360 CAS file so much that not a single 360 GT will now be shown in-game ), so I fear I will have to restart modeling the object from 'scratch' (a partially false assertion, as you can guess, since de facto I am starting from a base ).

I think I will choose the option #2, since it's the option which:

a. require less modeling time (dat wing's already curvilinear )
b. comes with the dedicated genstring

Of course this means I will need to get the authorisation of use from its creator (a NoGrip member of the JGTC/SGT MOD for GTR2 I suppose) otherwise I couldn't modify it/release it.

I'm confident this is the way to go.
Let's see what future will brings...

-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT #2: Juice Bottle, the 3D artist behind the famous Supah GT mod for GTR2 (the same folk who realised the curved SGT 360 GT rear wing) is nowhere to be found neither in NG forums nor thru his mod page (even in Youtube any contact has proved unsuccessful): the only option left is going for the original Simbin 360 GT rear wing. I don't think that if I add some polygons to the model I will have so many problems in reshaping it

Remember: the biggest luck comes from not having to mess with the .CAS file and genstrings...

Last edited by bobwilliams; 23 February 17 at 11:15. Reason: To 'Edit #2' was necessary.
bobwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 March 17, 10:58   #102
bobwilliams

Exclamation Attention please... Project status updated.

Hello dear Nogrippers,

just a little update which deemed necessary: I'm sorry to inform you that our project must have its 'restart' delayed due to my current job research which is becoming a ... job per se.

I'm sorry but there is simply no free time to allocate for the project in my current situation, after all I've a family to care for.

I thank you for your understanding and... as soon as my research is over I think I will start to apply one or two tricks I've collected over the 'web' on how to add vertices to a 3d object... That will be my next objective: enriching and modifying (accordingly) the Simbin 360 GT rear wing model.
Unread 7 March 17, 16:59   #103
O-ZERO_Racing

Personal life always comes first, take your time
O-ZERO_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 March 17, 11:16   #104
bobwilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-ZERO_Racing View Post
Personal life always comes first, take your time
Thanks for your understanding, O-zero.
Unread 30 March 17, 08:54   #105
bobwilliams

Arrow Just a quick notice.

Goodmorning dear Ferraristi!

it seems I will soon have to "un-pause" my mod and get back to work on it; the reason is I think it would be wiser to slip into my weekly schedule a bit of 'JMB-Michelotto' , I'm discovering that finding a proper job in Italy (= which is right for your studies and/or fits your passion) in these years it's like winning at the lottery - but this shouldn't impede progresses in my favourite free-time exercise (heck, that's even a way to fight stress, don't you agree? ).

Expect an update next week.

And yes, the work on the rear wing will be left as the final touch: I will definately be in need of an external help by then...

Last edited by bobwilliams; 30 March 17 at 10:04.
Unread 3 April 17, 11:15   #106
bobwilliams

Arrow Let's give a spin to the wheel...

It's just an evening work:

These are the JMB Compétition driver suits of the year 2000. The drivers have their respectives OMP gloves (sadly I accidentally covered the logo on the "Terrien right hand", but I assure you - that's the truth )
That means I will try to find a way to fix the Wildman 3d model in the future, because the front and rear track are wrong and currently reflects the standard 360 GT measures. The only problem would then be:
- Get the permission from Wildman;
- Have somebody to fix the CAS file and get the modified model inside GTR2;
- Do this. In 3D. That will require time. . . .

The best option might be purchasing a 360 Challenge model on-line - and proceed modifying it accordingly. But that will require a fully working model (an expressed authorisation of use) and a... new job !

I'm off to repaint the white 360 GT this weekend.

Saludos!
Unread 20 April 17, 10:48   #107
bobwilliams

Arrow Small progresses over time - and more...

Good morning fellow racers,

Just some snapshots of the work done until now, so, behold...
  • One week ago:
  • Yesterday night:

...Behold how slow my progresses are!
I'm not an artist of "pencil and stencil", but I promise I will do my best in getting the white and the black 360 GTs right with their updated 'skins'. Then it will be the turn of the coloured JMB Ferraris of the year 2001 (this while ChopChop volunteered with us to paint the GTs 2002 liveries - unless his personal life takes precedence, of course: we GTR2 fans are all starting to have that specific age in which hobbies must be momentaneously have to be put aside in favour of real life matters after all...).

So, "en regard" of the 360 Challenge project, I fear it might be seriously delayed in the medium term (not in the long, "'cause we will be then all dead" A. Smith. dixit) because of potential personal matter which might require all my future time (heh, I've a family to care for after all ... ).

Speaking about the project deadline, I swapped many PMs with my colleague 'LeGhoul' (my modding-friend!) about not wanting to set a determined timeframe for our project, this because I think 'sim-racing and sim-modding' is a 'joyful and necessary waste of time for a racer', but now I find mandatory to set a date: that is 31/12/2017.

Why so distant in the future?

For two reasons:
  1. I am anyway very busy with my real life obligations;
  2. I might be taking a (slightly ) life-changing decision about my personal career in the new year, which takes precedence over modding (of course). This would mean I could not put time into sim-racing at all (and I am not that happy, but it's done for 'major justice').

So, should things go really bad, you would end up anyway with an 80% complete mod. After all it's especially a matter of physic: that's the most important point, you see.

Expect updates next week!

I wish you all the best and safe journeys, fellow racers!
Unread 20 April 17, 20:31   #108
O-ZERO_Racing

are the white and black round specific? I can help if you want.
Unread 21 April 17, 10:30   #109
bobwilliams

Quote:
are the white and black round specific? I can help if you want.
Thanks O-ZERO, right now my biggest doubt comes from finding a way to realise the realistic opaque-looking 360 JMB GT front lights.

I mean, check these shots and look at the 'phares' area:

https://barchetta.mediacenter.pro/?i...537&fd=1987028

https://barchetta.mediacenter.pro/?i...537&fd=1987028

https://barchetta.mediacenter.pro/?i...537&fd=1987029

now check the latest front light style (year 2002), which sported transparent plastics:

https://barchetta.mediacenter.pro/?i...537&fd=1987034

Interesting, uh?

Now, perhaps you know where I might put my hands on to give to the plastic that opaque look?
Perhaps colouring the area of the front lights in the 360GT body file with a 50% transparent tint will be sufficient? In the meanwhile I'm off experimenting!

P.s.: still no news from Wildman. Will this work be ever authorised?
Unread 21 April 17, 10:41   #110
alexmezza
Premium Member

For transparent texture, "play" with grey value of alpha chanel...
alexmezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 April 17, 10:45   #111
O-ZERO_Racing

I can try if I can get that result. Btw. I've the right benini logo, but there are more logo's that could use an update. (TAG, tubi, FirstAssure,.. to name a few.)
Unread 21 April 17, 11:16   #112
bobwilliams

Quote:
I can try if I can get that result. Btw. I've the right benini logo, but there are more logo's that could use an update. (TAG, tubi, FirstAssure,.. to name a few.)
FirstAssure, TAG, Tubi : I have these logos, at least as pictures (FirstAssure, TAG).

Would you like to paint the black 360 GT yourself? That was driven by the two Ferrari aces Christian Pescatori and David Terrien.

If you want... let me know! I have all the logo available in my JMB-Michelotto folder on C:/(btw I have to buy a new HD in which to save HD images ).

Have a good week-end,

BW

P.s.: thanks Alexmezza!
Unread 21 April 17, 12:00   #113
O-ZERO_Racing

for the lights this is the result when you make a selection of the headlights in the alpha layer and put the brightness to 100. (so it needs to be more to get closer to the real deal). feel free to send them to me, I can look if I've time to make it.

Last edited by O-ZERO_Racing; 21 April 17 at 12:18.
Unread 24 April 17, 10:42   #114
bobwilliams

Arrow A thank you and... next steps!

Quote:

for the lights this is the result when you make a selection of the headlights in the alpha layer and put the brightness to 100. (so it needs to be more to get closer to the real deal). feel free to send them to me, I can look if I've time to make it.

*O-Zero hits bobwilliams for 9999 hp!*

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*bobwilliams fainted!*

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really, it results as an excellent view even with its clothes off.
And the new front lights covering makes it even more exotic.
It's a wonderful car: and it really deserved a better livery!

Thakns O-Zero! This evening I'll RAR the files and send it to you via PM this wednesday, O-ZERO (don't mind to tell me you cannot for a matter of free time; I perfectly understand real life matters take precedence; the black 360 GT will be found worth of upgrading anyway - although I'm slow... ).

I will complete the white Ferrari, instead, and then update the model with the interior graphics produced by LeGhoul (hey, mate, where are you? Don't worry to mess this topic up! ).

In details, these are the implementations that will be applied to the protype on the 'works' (and which will feature all the JMB Ferraris of the years 2001-2002):

- New OMP seat;
- New 360 JMB '01-'02 dash;
- New 360 GT '01-'02 steering wheel.

I repeat, all these new arts are product of the LeGhoul undoubted artistry. (so don't thank me in the future pictures ).

...Gotcha soon!

Last edited by bobwilliams; 24 April 17 at 11:06.
Unread 24 April 17, 18:17   #115
O-ZERO_Racing

that's ok mate!
Unread 24 April 17, 19:31   #116
LeGhoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilliams View Post

[...]and then update the model with the interior graphics produced by LeGhoul (hey, mate, where are you? Don't worry to mess this topic up! )[...]

New OMP seat;
- New 360 JMB '01-'02 dash;
- New 360 GT '01-'02 steering wheel.

I repeat, all these new arts are product of the LeGhoul undoubted artistry. (so don't thank me in the future pictures )[...]
G'day folx!

*LOL* ..hehehe ..I'm here, the quiet stalker in the background
..err, please don't blow the trumpet too loud mate, coz I have stopped all my pixelpushing stuff for this project 12 month (!) ago ..and atm all parts are zipped somewhere on my plate, so I need some time to find em & a new PC to go on ..because of that don't thank to early ma friend!

..but nevertheless a nice thread & a fun to read ..and I think that project will be good in the end!

Cheerio, J.

PS@ozero: yep, now it'll fit! thx!
LeGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 09:52   #117
bobwilliams

Exclamation I'm in a Paintshop (Pro)! And a sorry... :-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGhoul View Post
G'day folx!

*LOL* ..hehehe ..I'm here, the quiet stalker in the background
..err, please don't blow the trumpet too loud mate, coz I have stopped all my pixelpushing stuff for this project 12 month (!) ago ..and atm all parts are zipped somewhere on my plate, so I need some time to find em & a new PC to go on ..because of that don't thank to early ma friend!

..but nevertheless a nice thread & a fun to read ..and I think that project will be good in the end!

Cheerio, J.

PS@ozero: yep, now it'll fit! thx!
Hem, I'm sorry LeGhoul... you're right, it's your work after all; it had always been my weakest point being precipitous, especially when a project restarts... My mistake, I didn't want to annoy you. (this to say: "feel free to set to fire my hair - I didn't have that many, anyway" )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

...And this is the result of a evening spent in a Paintshop (Pro):

Isn't she lovely? [quote]

I would say the livery is 90% ready, it only lacks the major Giesse GSG sponsorship on the rear windshield, a logo relocation (a matter of minor entity) and it's necessary to finalise then the JMB banner on the two sides (you see, the 3d model of the car compresses the design, which is home-made, and it's not the perfect recreation of the original, I know ).

I think in this weekend I might as well end my work on it (humour ).

Then, it will be time for me to (study) and paint the JMB-Giesse 2001 coloured liveries. And to enhance the F1 shifter failures. And then, I've to see the Project checklist. () (my favourite smiley btw )

Until next time, partners!...

P.s.: O-Zero, PM sent

Last edited by bobwilliams; Yesterday at 09:55. Reason: My failing memory.