NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor

Unread 16 June 17, 13:06   #1
Bukow80

Default Unusual questions for AI experts

Hi Guys,sorry if i start a new thread,but i really can't find anything useful about my problems and please trust me...i'have searched deeply. And everywhere. So i'm pretty curious (and full of hope,yeah!) to see if anyone can helps me.

Premise..i play only offline and,after a lot of time spended (three years) and an unbelievable number of researches,learnings and tries&fails,i'm now really really happy about the AI behaviour in my season. (I play an IndyCar mode 2012,deeply modified,cause AI was pretty useless) (It's not the Pagoda Mod,but a 2010 unauthorized modified,i found out subsequently),but after various attempts,now i think my problems could be the sames for eveyone in every Mod.

1) I noticed soon how the AI,during every Safery Car,in every circuit and with EVERY Mod i tried,it keeps ALWAYS the right. And this,mostly in street circuits,it causes contacts with walls and fences in a way that keeps impossible a realistic race. (I have in mind for example the beautiful Wellington,but first of all Monaco. I tried almost 20 different Monaco circuits (from '67 to 2016) and during Safety Car i always have problems at the Rascasse and/or at the Anthony Noghés. Sometimes even at the Massenet. But they are a lot of circuits with this problem). I know,i could use FALSE fences in the.scn,but this is for me an extreme ratio,cause is unfair & unrealistic. Not counting the fact that Wellington,for example,have a .scn without names for the various .gtm files so i couldn't change it in every case (without hundreds of tries...). So,someone of you knows if there's a way to menage the AI line during a Safety Car?

2) During the Safety,even if only in certain circuits,if AI pits,it keeps a line different instead the usual,that causes collisions with cars already pitting in PitPos. I think this problem can be connected with the first,but like the first,i can't solve it.

3) The AI has a different behaviour in every circuit during the Safety. In some circuit no one pits if it's not necessary,in others circuits every car pits during Safety (even if everyone made the pit few laps before the entry of the Safety car). In some circuit AI pits all together (even if there's not PitPos available for everyone),in some they pits in different laps and respecting the number of PitPos availables. And in some circuit (for example at Curitiba,for the GameStockCar mod,this guys have made an outstanding work with the AI,i really wish to thanks they for their work,try it out and you'll see what i mean),the AI "simulates" differentiated strategies. So,regarding all this three probems,my final question is: there's a way to influence the AI behaviour during a Safety Car,or this is something hardcoded and absolutely not manageable? Anyone?

4) Pretty different question. In some circuit (the first that i have in mind is the first Baku from WCP Team),even if in the .scn a CollTarget of a Wall is referred as TRUE,for the AI seems to be FALSE,causing incidents and AI line problems. Is this solveable of is something hardcoded?

Sorry for my english and for being so prolix,but i think that to have an help was important to be clear and to explane everything with examples etc. Thanks for everyone who'll try to help me to solve even a single problem.
Bukow80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 June 17, 13:27   #2
ajrf

I can only just answer the 4th one.

Check this:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...94&postcount=8

And the three maybe can be related to car damages or the strategies assigned on the .gdb file of the track

Hope it helps
ajrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 June 17, 13:44   #3
Bukow80

Thank you,really,i have AIW Cam Editor and it helps a lot,but in this case,i can't understand how it can help me..Or maybe my explanation of fourth point was not so clear to understand. I mean that AI passes between some wall with no contact or damage at all,even if the CollTarget Wall is referred as True. The AI line in Baku seems to be OK,but in bagarre with other cars,AI passes trough the walls like that walls simply are clear space. My car,at the same time,in the same wall crashes like normally have to happens.

Regarding first three points,in my .gdb files,i always delete every strategies,cause they made more problems that solutions,in race.

I can check the car damage files,but i can't find lines that sounds to be useful. Can you be more specific?

Anyway,i'm also wish to know is someone else noticed that the AI line in Safety keeps the right..or if it's only a my problem. Cause if it's a problem of my Rfactor..then i think it have to be solveable,no? In some way,i have to change something that causes this problem.

Thank you,anyway.
Unread 16 June 17, 13:55   #4
EricMoinet

I would say your issues are related to AIW files badly done. Most of the modders do tracks for online purpose and don't bother to fine tune their AI paths apart the fast path which is the racing line. You'll have to redo the left path, because this is the one which generates the right one, and check if the right one is where you want it to be.
EricMoinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 June 17, 14:09   #5
Bukow80

@EricMoinet : this was my first thought,but this happens to me in EVERY circuit. Obviously,in the majority of cases,the AI keeping the right during Safety Cars is not a big problem..but in street circuits this can be a huge one. But you,for example,have ever noticed this beahviour? (Thanks for your reply!)
Unread 16 June 17, 14:40   #6
Bukow80

@EricMonet : And,simply to be sure,i just try race in Montreal & Barcelona,two ISI tracks,but the result is the same: Safety Car run a "normal" line,AI keeps the right,exactly just in every other place. So,i think that or this is a problem that affects everyone,or at a certain point i have changed something i have not to touch. So..i'm pretty courious now to know the behaviour of AI in Safety of other players.
Unread 16 June 17, 17:02   #7
ajrf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukow80 View Post
Thank you,really,i have AIW Cam Editor and it helps a lot,but in this case,i can't understand how it can help me..Or maybe my explanation of fourth point was not so clear to understand. I mean that AI passes between some wall with no contact or damage at all,even if the CollTarget Wall is referred as True. The AI line in Baku seems to be OK,but in bagarre with other cars,AI passes trough the walls like that walls simply are clear space. My car,at the same time,in the same wall crashes like normally have to happens.

Regarding first three points,in my .gdb files,i always delete every strategies,cause they made more problems that solutions,in race.

I can check the car damage files,but i can't find lines that sounds to be useful. Can you be more specific?

Anyway,i'm also wish to know is someone else noticed that the AI line in Safety keeps the right..or if it's only a my problem. Cause if it's a problem of my Rfactor..then i think it have to be solveable,no? In some way,i have to change something that causes this problem.

Thank you,anyway.
Just press "find corridors" and save the AIW (Don't forget to make a backup before doing this). After this, the corridors will be limited to the contact walls, preventing that the AI-controlled car tresspasses it.
Unread 16 June 17, 20:12   #8
Bukow80

@ajrf : So,if i do this,the problem will be solved and if the AI made some mistake and hit the wall,it will report damages as usual? I'll try tonight. Really thanks for your answer,i really appreciate your help.
Unread 17 June 17, 07:31   #9
ajrf

Quote:
@ajrf : So,if i do this,the problem will be solved and if the AI made some mistake and hit the wall,it will report damages as usual? I'll try tonight. Really thanks for your answer,i really appreciate your help.
Yes, you should report damages to the AI car.
Unread 19 June 17, 08:17   #10
EricMoinet

Quote:
@EricMoinet : this was my first thought,but this happens to me in EVERY circuit. Obviously,in the majority of cases,the AI keeping the right during Safety Cars is not a big problem..but in street circuits this can be a huge one. But you,for example,have ever noticed this beahviour? (Thanks for your reply!)
Quote:
@EricMonet : And,simply to be sure,i just try race in Montreal & Barcelona,two ISI tracks,but the result is the same: Safety Car run a "normal" line,AI keeps the right,exactly just in every other place. So,i think that or this is a problem that affects everyone,or at a certain point i have changed something i have not to touch. So..i'm pretty courious now to know the behaviour of AI in Safety of other players.
The AI behaviour in Full Course Yellow replicates the one of the oval races where the cars are lined single file on the right part of the track. This is an issue for every other track because they don't line up that way but that's the way ISI did it and I don't think it can be changed.

The ajrf tip on Corridors is a good option too.
EricMoinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 June 17, 13:57   #11
Bukow80

@EricMoinet yeah,it's a great one!! It solved easily my 4th point. And now i want to try at Monaco your suggestion about the left path. If to change that line will solve my biggest problem (the first) (but,i suppose,it could solve the second too) i'll be really happy to tell you .

Anyway..Again,thanks a lot for your support,guys!!