NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Project CARS

Unread 8 July 17, 23:30   #101
The1
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
It looks like 2 wheels off. Not braking but off throttle. Can't see any issue with it myself.

I don't really see the point in trying to judge driving physics from YouTube videos, especially if you have already decided you won't like pCARs2.
+1 David, thank you!
All of this bashing for a version that hasn't been released because of the faults in the first I just don't understand....
--I enjoy pcars1 and fully expect to enjoy the 2nd iteration...I for one have no issues with a title continuing to improve and learn from it's mistakes..
...just my .02 cents..
The1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 July 17, 05:31   #102
Emery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
The AI won't be making that many mistakes in the final version. There is still some tweaking being done.
That's one I'll believe when I see it. SMS has had 3-4 years to make the AI credible and I have seen zero evidence of improvement, so believing they'll fix it in the few months before release requires a huge leap of faith akin to divebombing an LMP1 at Mulsanne corner with a 427 Cobra.

It's not a matter of "tweaking", the code needs to be modified (*) and SMS would already be showing off video evidence if there had been any improvement in the AI. SMS is not shy about advertising their positive achievements (graphics, new tire model, etc). At this point, there's no time to get new AI code through any sort of review when they need to have the software in final stages for signoff before publishing. Lack of promotional material regarding AI improvements means either they don't believe they've been successful in their efforts or they're flat out not trying to make improvements.

(*) See what R3E, AMS, rF2, & AC have gone through to get their improvements in AI. Each have had 3-5 rounds of public testing with a couple failures en route to their current state. SMS has only shown a failure in original pCARS with no subsequent public attempts at improvements.

Last edited by Emery; 9 July 17 at 05:49.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 July 17, 10:43   #103
pistoncup
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
It looks like 2 wheels off. Not braking but off throttle. Can't see any issue with it myself.

I don't really see the point in trying to judge driving physics from YouTube videos, especially if you have already decided you won't like pCARs2.
you're kidding aren't you ? take your rose coloured glasses off
such a lame comeback David. I can say what ever I feel about the game . Just because I have doubts about the PCARS2 doesn't mean I can't debate it or share what I see or be belittled by the high and mighty .

it's a Ford Sierra just hit 4th gear on boost, the car should of spun to the left as soon as it touched the grass . At the minimum the car should of at least hit the wall and slid along it . considering it had just stopped raining . many have done the same in the dry at Mount Panorama and the car goes back to the pits on a flat bed .

Last edited by pistoncup; 9 July 17 at 11:02.
pistoncup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 July 17, 14:13   #104
Mahjik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
That's one I'll believe when I see it.
No doubt.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 July 17, 17:52   #105
Mahjik

Track list has been published:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-tracks.html?lang=pt
Unread 11 July 17, 06:33   #106
marianf1

I am disappointment so much because of project cars. I bought this game because I believed that it could be the best sim ever. But from alpha-version till now game has ton of unfinished work, raw career mode, bad AI, etc... and SMS is not going to fix unfinished project cars but instead of it they want to get more money and announced project cars 2 to make money like simbin with his Raceroom makes money using naive players I am not going to pay them anything more
marianf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 July 17, 14:39   #107
Mahjik

Unread 17 July 17, 03:25   #108
Mahjik

Unread 22 July 17, 19:02   #109
Mahjik

Unread 22 July 17, 20:56   #110
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistoncup View Post
you're kidding aren't you ? take your rose coloured glasses off
such a lame comeback David. I can say what ever I feel about the game . Just because I have doubts about the PCARS2 doesn't mean I can't debate it or share what I see or be belittled by the high and mighty .

it's a Ford Sierra just hit 4th gear on boost, the car should of spun to the left as soon as it touched the grass . At the minimum the car should of at least hit the wall and slid along it . considering it had just stopped raining . many have done the same in the dry at Mount Panorama and the car goes back to the pits on a flat bed .

Even a 105hp F3 Eve will spin on grass

But you not allowed to be subjective or critical in this thread

I can tell much in videos from the incar wheel input

Not like rFactor2 that got written off a few months after release here by the majority throwing words around like cartoon by people never even brought it

David said from one early beta ( Lime Rock - Corvette ) that it was undriveable and impossible to setup ............
DurgeDriven is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 July 17, 16:38   #111
Mahjik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
Even a 105hp F3 Eve will spin on grass
Unread 23 July 17, 16:45   #112
Mahjik

Unread 23 July 17, 19:48   #113
Emery

Mahjik, I think you misunderstood Durge. In both those clips you posted above, the cars don't spin because the drivers are not using the throttle when they go off. If they had used the throttle, they would most likely spin (because bumps)... I'm sure you know that!

What we've seen in pCARS and pCARS 2 are cars putting wheels into the grass and still being able to stay on the throttle as if all wheels were firmly planted on tarmac.
Unread 23 July 17, 20:41   #114
Mahjik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Mahjik, I think you misunderstood Durge. In both those clips you posted above, the cars don't spin because the drivers are not using the throttle when they go off. If they had used the throttle, they would most likely spin (because bumps)... I'm sure you know that!

What we've seen in pCARS and pCARS 2 are cars putting wheels into the grass and still being able to stay on the throttle as if all wheels were firmly planted on tarmac.
That is just simply not true. Example above. You can be sure he stayed in it the whole time. Now, you can't run down an entire straight doing that but that's not because of the grass being slippery. That's because the ground will not be as flat and stable as the tarmac.

This is different than what pistoncup was referring to.. He's suggesting that in the wet, with a turbo-based car, the unpredictability of the turbo kicking in on a car with a less sophisticated differential, would cause more instability when hitting wet grass.

That may or may not be true, but I want to state that simply putting the car half on the grass does not equal an insta-crash. I do race and I have several friend who will do that in a heartbeat (and have done it many times) when dry. In the wet, that's a whole different ball game.
Unread 23 July 17, 20:52   #115
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

If he does not understand ...

pCars AC when you run onto grass you can virtually nail the throttle

In rF2 you have egg shell the throttle or you likely doomed

Same as braking

Outlon Park run onto grass around the fast left and you can pull up before the next right hander

In rF2 you won't stop and just jump across the track out of control maybe hitting another car

It is like chalk and chesse ....................IMHO anyways

Just go try it run onto the grass dead straight and see hows fast you can stop in each sim
Unread 23 July 17, 22:30   #116
Mahjik

Why are you comparing sims? Compare real life.. I could care less what each sim does.. What I care about is what happens in real life, then I'll go back and look at the sims.
Unread 23 July 17, 22:34   #117
rafnix

DonQuijote Driven
rafnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 July 17, 23:13   #118
Mahjik

Stopped pretty good...
Unread 23 July 17, 23:24   #119
Mahjik

One more for fun... noob goes into the grass and doesn't spontaneously crash...
Unread 24 July 17, 16:20   #120
Emery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post

Stopped pretty good...
Sideways from only 60 mph.
Unread Yesterday, 03:09   #121
Guimengo
Accuracy is Important

Gunning it through the grass shouldn't be a problem. However ........... braking is different. I've seen footage of heavy braking with two tires off and no loss of stability, more than once. rFactor doesn't have good off-road behavior to use as example.
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 06:31   #122
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Running onto grass in F3 ( say 132 mph exit at Ascari ) can be easy or hard and that is low power not F1 Eve .
Seems outcomes get good stream from the data , angle, speed , power, tyres ..... whether is canned for not in rF2 never feels quite the same twice.

In AC same corner in F1 Lotus 79 whatever I can drive on grass at Ascari and swerve off to other side grass and back again like madman and next lap you do almost carbon copy move and they feel very much the same it is like for every degree of latitude in rF2
in AC is maybe 1.5

.and I know I go on... pCars , AC I can invoke that soap on a rope feeling in a lot of cars I try at Parabolica whether they are high down-force or not
Unread Yesterday, 17:09   #123
Guimengo
Accuracy is Important

Why should grass or gravel trips be different just 80s apart, if the way they begin is the same? In any game. Real life can have sand shift, grass be plowed to dirt, or Astroturf rip out and thus change things, but not in a game.

In AC I have gotten to the grass on the exit a couple of times but driving the higher powered vehicles, usually turbo. Sometimes it is tough to keep from rubbing the wall or turning into major damage. The 98T and C9 are very temperamental and I think you'll only never have issues if you're not pushing. But I'm talking modern Ascari. Old one I've rarely gone wide, usually I backed off or adjusted ok enough to keep going, maybe only once had a rear snap.

I don't remember pCars behavior as I rarely put laps down in that garbage. Can't say I struggled with going off-track.
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote