NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor

Unread 17 July 17, 14:20   #1
Mattie941

Default rFactor Spa-Francorchamps

Hello everyone,

Has anyone found a version of Spa that works with the AI. I have tried every version I can find but they either can't run with 32 cars or the AI crash into the wall entering the pit-lane or don't work well.

The versions I have tried:
Spa Francorchamp 1.00 by (Euro)Danny
Spa Francorchamps 2005 1.00 by TheLarry1993
Spa Francorchamps 2016 1.00 by WCP series
Spa-Francorchamps 2009 1.01 by I.P.M
MMG Spa 2007 1.0
Spa 2010 by LMT
Xtremefactor FS2010/FS2011/2007/2007NB

Any other suggestions or download links? It's the only track I'm desperate to get?

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited by Mattie941; 29 July 17 at 21:38.
Mattie941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 July 17, 20:54   #2
jamesst99

Google xtremefactor.
jamesst99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 July 17, 20:10   #3
Slobbeman

or http://trippteamdownload.servegame.c...-Z/?search=Spa
Slobbeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 July 17, 21:28   #4
Mattie941

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesst99 View Post
Google xtremefactor.
I've downloaded their versions but I can't get them to show in game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobbeman View Post
Unfortunately this link doesn't work for me
Unread 24 July 17, 02:45   #5
jamesst99

Link works for me. Tracks go in locations folder.
jamesst99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 July 17, 06:25   #6
Guimengo
Uploader

Can always look up gtr2 tracks converted by delphi. And some mods come with subfolders that aren't explained in readme's, so if you see an extra layer of folders to go through, then it likely means that track is part of a set.
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 July 17, 10:46   #7
Mattie941

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesst99 View Post
Link works for me. Tracks go in locations folder.
For some reason, I've got an issue where one track doesn't show. It seem to be the last track in the locations folder alphabetically. I changed xtremefactor to atremefactor and it worked but I lost watkins glen. Weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
Can always look up gtr2 tracks converted by delphi. And some mods come with subfolders that aren't explained in readme's, so if you see an extra layer of folders to go through, then it likely means that track is part of a set.
I can't find a conversion he has done? I've found a GP4 conversion which worked well apart from one car make kept missing the corner at the top of the kemmel straight and hit the wall.
Unread 27 July 17, 00:16   #8
Bukow80

Unfortunally,i have often your same problem,cause i play only offline and i know how difficult (and rare,in the end) is to find a circuit where the AI works fine (in race,in PitLane and under safetycar).

But,speaking about Spa,i have 39 versions,from 1988 until 2016 (not counting the old '67 longer course). I have no tested already all of them with the right accuracy,honestly,cause i will run this GP later in my championship,but i have already noticed that a lot of versions,apparently perfect (or fine,at least,in the end),are sharing the same problem: when AI try to enter in PitLane,often crashes in the left wall in the start of PitLane.
So..if you can't find a version with a better AI and if you don't want to create a new AI line (or,at least,the PitIn Path),the easiest way it could be to search,in the .scn file, the .gmt file of that part of wall and to change the "CollTarget=True" with "CollTarget=False". I know is not the "right" way to solve this kind of problem,but sometimes is the easiest way to solve it and,at least,you can have a race.

So said,now i can't remember if i have already solved this..but i remember i have noticed the problem and,checking the various .scn files,i have see it's possible to solve it in this way. So..if you have the patience to search and find the right file..you have a solution.

I hope this can help you.
Salud.
Bukow80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 July 17, 02:24   #9
Guimengo
Uploader

The issue is most conversions are quick jobs for a guy to build up his name with a ton of rehashed releases. They are often from the same original source and often times ripped from each other's ripped releases.
Unread 27 July 17, 15:03   #10
Mattie941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukow80 View Post
...So said,now i can't remember if i have already solved this..but i remember i have noticed the problem and,checking the various .scn files,i have see it's possible to solve it in this way. So..if you have the patience to search and find the right file..you have a solution.

I hope this can help you.
Salud.
I'm a total noob when it comes to modding, I just race really. I don't even know how I would go about finding the correct part of the wall to make non collidable. Have got any hint in how I would find the correct part of wall to edit?

Matt
Unread 27 July 17, 16:04   #11
Bukow80

I can try. Just,tell me the Spa version that you think is the best for your needs. And i will try to tell you the .gmt file you need to change from True to False.

This is a great,great game..and the AI can be funny and competitive..i have got a lot of great races and challenges,until now. But,unfortunally,if you want to enjoy the AI,you can't just to press Start and race...but you need to search &learn &try &fail a lot of things..a lot of time..and this for almost every circuit you want to race.

So said..if i can help you,i'll be glad to do it.
Let me know the name of the circuit. I'll check the .scn file for you.
Unread 27 July 17, 16:29   #12
Bukow80

@guimengo : yeah..you're absolutely right. I have said nothing before,about this point,simply cause i've take it for an assumed,obvious fact: I have 39 versions of Spa,is true,but they're foundamentally a copy of a copy,with only some minor change (and often NOT a good change..),in the graphic or in the AIW.
For example,i still have to check all of them,but i suppose that the AIW files made from scratch,they will be maybe 4 or 5..pretty sure they're less then 7.

But..you know a weird fact? I found the same situation in Monaco. A lot of versions (31,if i remember well) but a total of only 4-5 AIW files made from scratch.
But when i tried all of them,looking for the best to use in my championship offline,i noticed how a circuit with absolutely the same AIW file of others 2-3 versions,works way better then the others,specially about the behavior in PitLane and,mostly,in SafetyCar. I can't explain why..i know simply that to find the "perfect" circuit,sometimes i need even a dozen of days.
Unread 27 July 17, 16:47   #13
Bukow80

@mattie941 : ah..and about your problem with the last circuit disappearing in your list of circuits,maybe you could have my same problem: i play with the windowed mode,using a different UI (graphic appearance)and for some reason (related with my resolution,i think) it "hides" a little part of the screen bottom,so i can't find the last circuit of the list,but if i point the clear space just in the end of the list and click normally,the last (and lost) circuit magically reappears. I'm not sure you have my same issue,but your problem sounds familiar to me so..try it.
Unread 27 July 17, 19:12   #14
DurgeDriven

Quote:
AI crash into the wall entering the pit-lane or don't work well
What is wrong with default, I do races there no cars hit walls

GTR2 + Anniversary + HQ AI v2.0 + TRACK UPDATE GTR2 ORIGINAL TRACKS v1.1

I just tested again set 7x fuel 4 GT never made it 2 laps but the other 55 pitted lap1 or 2 with no incidents .so I dunno

If you using F1 mod maybe that's the problem ?

Speak of the devil Spa qual just started on utube lol

edit: I guess you don't drive pre 2007 either never thought of that sorry p

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 27 July 17 at 20:56.
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 July 17, 22:38   #15
Bukow80

@durgedriven : honestly,i drive only open wheels and AI hit the left wall of the PitLane with the IndyCarMod 2012 (not the PagodaDW12),every GP2 mod and a couple of F1 mods i have tested. But,if i remember well,this problem appears only in the Spa versions post 2006,the ones with the chicane pre-PitLane modified (the ex Bus Stop). And the 2 versions from GTR2 are pre 2006,so you're right,i think.

@matt : i forgot to tell you before,but durgedriven says well,and if you don't want to run only the new layout (from 2007 to present day),or if you don't want to change .scn file, the GTR2 version is a really good one. You can't find it quite easily,but my advice is to search for all the "delphi82 GTR2 TrackPack",cause every track is a quality one.

Otherwise,i'll search the .gmt file of the version you desire to run.

EDIT

p.s.: most important thing,the GTR2 version of Spa host easily 32 cars,if i remember correctly.

Last edited by Bukow80; 27 July 17 at 22:44. Reason: (clarification)
Unread 27 July 17, 23:27   #16
DurgeDriven

Yes Spa 2004 is 44 cars

I just did 30 minute race again with "Full Essentials" and thought to myself how much Jimmy Broadbent was missing out on............. hehehe

Seriously though @4K it looks really nice

@ 1:00 he runs Spa 2003 with 2004 fantasy grid p
Unread 28 July 17, 02:25   #17
Guimengo
Uploader

Monaco is a desirable track but for years only two games had it: Grand Prix 4 and F1C. Sadly most conversions are the ISI based ones, which have been grossly inaccurate everywhere. But nobody wants to model all the surroundings, so rehashes always take place.
Unread 28 July 17, 02:55   #18
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
Monaco is a desirable track but for years only two games had it: Grand Prix 4 and F1C. Sadly most conversions are the ISI based ones, which have been grossly inaccurate everywhere. But nobody wants to model all the surroundings, so rehashes always take place.
........and that is where it comes down to one developer one series ergo no rehashes

Like I said in GTR3 thread ...hypothetically mind you

FiA and GT3 associated series could buy out any developer/s
They could ban everyone
Licence costs would be funneled back into the simulation

Pre-season release would include pre-season testing with cars and teams added as they are unveiled realtime lol

Each round skins could be updated on time

They would have more access then any sim developer gets, that is why we wait for new GT3 cars

Codemasters are behind the 8 ball with F1 releases , simmers and fans deserve better

No reason why a Liberty/FIA owned company could not have proper pre-season testing released on time

Then Leagues and fans would have the real deal

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 28 July 17 at 03:07.
Unread 28 July 17, 13:59   #19
Mattie941

Quote:
I can try. Just,tell me the Spa version that you think is the best for your needs. And i will try to tell you the .gmt file you need to change from True to False.
Unfortunately I can't find a version of Spa where the pit wall is the sole issue. After a lot of testing I have found numerous testing with most of the tracks.

Spa Francorchamp 1.00 by (Euro)Danny
  • poor graphics, unrealistic track
Spa Francorchamps 2005 1.00 by TheLarry1993 +2007 update
  • cars dont not pull into their pit boxes and do not follow pitlane speed limit
Spa Francorchamps 2015 + 2016 by WCP series
  • AI crash into each other and take poor lines
Spa-Francorchamps 2010 by LMT
  • green flag fails to drop at start of the race
2009 1.01 by I.P.M
  • not enough garage spots
MMG Spa 2007 1.0
  • cars spin out at the first turn every lap
Xtremefactor 2007 NB/FS2010/FS2011
  • not enough pit boxes
Xtremefactor 2007 sportcar pits
  • ai spin every time they cross the new start line

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
What is wrong with default, I do races there no cars hit walls

GTR2 + Anniversary + HQ AI v2.0 + TRACK UPDATE GTR2 ORIGINAL TRACKS v1.1
Quote:
...the GTR2 version is a really good one. You can't find it quite easily,but my advice is to search for all the "delphi82 GTR2 TrackPack",cause every track is a quality one.
Where do I download this, I cannot find a working conversion anywhere. I am using Simtek WES mod.

I don't mind which version of Spa I drive but I want it to ideally be after 2000 (not a classic version). Either version of the bus stop chicane would work

PS. The track disappearing was a UI issue

Last edited by Mattie941; 29 July 17 at 21:36.
Unread 29 July 17, 05:35   #20
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie941 View Post

Where do I download this, I cannot find a working conversion anywhere. I am using Simtek WES mod.

I don't mind which version of Spa I drive but I want it to ideally be after 2000 (not a classic version). Either version of the bus stop chicane would work

PS. The track disappearing was a UI issue

If you mean me I was talking of the default Spa 2004 with bus-stop
and using "mods" in GTR2 Essentials

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=44376

Most of the mods in GTR2 Essentials come from HQ collections
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=44374

With the mods provided ( you can read lists in both readme ) the default tracks look great and drive well to race AI especially in rain / night

Of course that is GT cars
Unread 29 July 17, 21:33   #21
Mattie941

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
If you mean me I was talking of the default Spa 2004 with bus-stop
and using "mods" in GTR2 Essentials

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=44376

Most of the mods in GTR2 Essentials come from HQ collections
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=44374

With the mods provided ( you can read lists in both readme ) the default tracks look great and drive well to race AI especially in rain / night

Of course that is GT cars
I don't understand? Does rFactor and GTR mods work together then? All the stuff you've posted looks to be for GTR or GTR2 but I'm using rFactor

Last edited by Mattie941; 29 July 17 at 21:45.
Unread 29 July 17, 22:35   #22
DurgeDriven

Very sorry, no wonder you can't have a decent Ai race

no offence intended