NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > Files > Downloads

Unread 19 May 17, 22:39   #51
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee Scot View Post
I have a fresh install of GTR2 and applied the update v1.1.

I also replaced the resulting GTR2.exe with the No CD version. Is that right and proper and assumed by you? You don't mention that explicitly in your otherwise careful and thorough instructions, and I DON'T want to screw this up!

Page7:

For demonstration I will use a never run pasted Steam version + v1.1 update + GTR2.exe 4GB patched ........
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 17, 23:06   #52
Wee Scot

OK, so is "GTR2.exe 4GB patched" the same as "GTR2 No CD" uploaded to nogripracing on January 10, 2007 by Reloaded??? Because that's what I'm using now as my GTR2.exe, but it didn't say ANYTHING about being "4GB patched"
Wee Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 17, 01:52   #53
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:
OK, so is "GTR2.exe 4GB patched" the same as "GTR2 No CD" uploaded to nogripracing on January 10, 2007 by Reloaded??? Because that's what I'm using now as my GTR2.exe, but it didn't say ANYTHING about being "4GB patched"
Look in folder GTR2 TRACKS or GTR2 TRACKS 3RD PARTY

There is 4GB patched Exe in both

That is because to run Track Linker " outside" of a GTR2 folder you need
to have GTR2.exe in the folder.

Most people run Track Linker from an existing GTR2 folder so obviously GTR2.exe is already present.

I think that is messy though and prefer to have 2 Track linker folders isolated from GTR2 folders. One specifically for default tracks / FIA GT mods and another for 3rd Party Tracks
Unread 20 May 17, 02:54   #54
Wee Scot

My question has nothing to do with the functionality of Track Linker.

Can you simply tell me whether or not I MADE A MISTAKE, by replacing--in my Fresh install of GTR2, the only one currently on my "newer" hard drive--the version 1.1-patched GTR2.exe with the No CD GTR2.exe, THAT WILL PREVENT GTR2 ESSENTIALS and/or JSGME FROM WORKING PROPERLY?

Last edited by Wee Scot; 20 May 17 at 03:09.
Unread 20 May 17, 03:30   #55
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Sorry no it won't, either Steam, patched, NO-CD or 4GB patched Exe it does not matter as long as the folder works.

Just back up the exe in your working folder and try the 4GB patchd one up to you

The 4GB patched exe will let you use 4GB of Memory rather then 2GB is all
Unread 20 May 17, 03:49   #56
Wee Scot

Oh, so the game was designed to only use 2GB of RAM, but someone modified GTR2.exe to make use of 4GB of RAM? I remember a discussion of this issue when the Targa Florio track was converted for GTR2, but didn't follow it closely.

So, can I assume the 4GB version of GTR2.exe ALSO includes the No CD functionality?

Last edited by Wee Scot; 20 May 17 at 04:18.
Unread 20 May 17, 04:17   #57
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:
Oh, so the game was designed to only use 2GB of RAM, but someone modified GTR2.exe to make use of 4GB of RAM? I remember a discussion of this issue when the Targa Florio track was converted for GTR2, but didn't follow it closely.
Yes both GTR2.exe I put in the package have already been patched

Here is tool and site

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
Unread 20 May 17, 04:37   #58
Wee Scot

Oh, so the 4GB vs 2GB has to do with how much of your hard disk is allowed to be used as "virtual" memory to temporarily store data that exceeds the capacity of your RAM, correct? With 8GB of RAM, do I still potentially need another 4GB of virtual memory instead of "just" 2?

And can I assume the 4GB patched version of GTR2.exe ALSO includes the No CD functionality? Again, that was the purpose of my original question: to make sure I had not "spoiled" the GTR2.exe in my fresh install of GTR2 for use of GTR2 ESSENTIALS by using the 2007 No CD version!

You see, I asked my question in post #50 because your tutorial instructions said nothing about the "No CD" version of GTR2, use of which I thought I understood was essential in order to use mods and add tracks and carsets, etc.

Last edited by Wee Scot; 20 May 17 at 04:58.
Unread 20 May 17, 05:06   #59
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Physical Ram

GTR2 can normally use only 1.8GB of MEMORY

The patch will let GTR2 use 4GB of MEMORY allowing you to run faster, better

Install one of the GTR.exe in my package
THEY are PATCHED for 4GB they are NO-CD
You don't have to do a thing just drop it in your GTR2

GTR2.exe , No-CD and 4GB patched exe are all the same thing ......GTR2.exe

P.S. You right though I wrongly assumed people that try this know what 4GB patched exe was

If you want a job, do the full tutorial so you get the gist then edit my PDF anyway you see fit.
I give you credit
Unread 20 May 17, 12:09   #60
Wee Scot

LOL

Thanks for your patience with me, and for acknowledging the source of my uncertainty!

I'm excited to learn that the 4GB patched GTR2.exe will more than double the amount of my RAM the game can use! I can't help adding that the discussion of "virtual memory" on the ntcore page you linked has me a bit confused again, if in fact the GTR2.exe you provide in ESSENTIALS affects only RAM, but no problem! I am now reassured and know that's the GTR2.exe I want to use!
Unread 21 May 17, 04:02   #61
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Doh I made a error, well 2 actually

#11 GTR2 HQ CARS & TRACKS - 10TH ANNIVERSARY v5.0
#11 GTR2 HQ CARS ONLY - 10TH ANNIVERSARY v5.0 FOR TRACK LINKER

Delete all 6 files in both mods GameData ( GDB and txt )

They will cause a overwrite warning for #_04 GDB 10TH ANNIVERSARY ....doh

2. All mods numbered #60 with name AL RAIN FX renumber to #58

P.S. neither will cause a problem

1. Anniversary will overwrite and backup the same files

2. Mods you can name and number any way you see fit but it's messy 2 mods sharing same number

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 21 May 17 at 21:48.
Unread 22 May 17, 11:30   #62
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Just another heads up nothing important .......

Sometimes when you first install a custom gdb like Anniversary modded and boot GTR2 you may find it wont display the full series selection in menu.

If it ever does that don't de-activate any MODS just restart GTR2, it will come good.

It is the same thing you see sometimes adding mods to a manual folder, when you boot GTR2 and scroll series it gets stuck on one till you restart.
Unread 23 May 17, 17:20   #63
Wee Scot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
I would extract to a temp archive

If you wanted to do "Basic" you only need copy the MOD folder and JSGME.exe into GTR2

Optional:
You can remove all languages you don't need
You can remove all the Advanced MODS I outlined RED in pic above

Then yes, run JSGME and click OK
OK, so in GTR2 ESSENTIALS v2.0, you have folders for:

EXTRAS
GTR2 ESSENTIALS
GTR2 TRACKS
GTR2 TRACKS 3RD PARTY
PUT YOUR FRESH GTR2 HERE
TEMPLATES

If I just want to use "Basic," I should just copy the MODS folder and JSGME application from the GTR2 ESSENTIALS folder into the root folder of my fresh install of GTR2 (C: GTR2). Correct?

Then I want to replace the GTR2.exe I currently have in the root folder with the 4GB patched one you included in the GTR2 TRACKS folder. Correct?

What about the MODS INFO folder? Don't I want access to that? Or do those docs and images only "come into play" if I'm using Advanced?

If I'm using just "Basic," can I copy/paste 3rd party tracks (67_Machwerk, 75Nordschleife, LeMans_Virtua_LM, etc.) into Locations and mods (F1_79, 1970, ChampCarLola, Fabcar, etc.) into Teams without "shortcircuiting" any of the functions of ESSENTIALS and JSGME?

Thanks for answering these stupid questions!

Unread 23 May 17, 21:41   #64
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Someone needs to redo that tutorial for me............

I deleted the orginal post it will confuse you more

Your questions..........

1. YES

2. YES

3. MODS INFO is for all readmes for all mods for easy reference

Example: When you install 20 manual mods to a GTR2 some of the mods have files called readme and 50% get overwritten

Install it anywhere you want or leave it in your archives it is totally up to you

4. YES you could copy any Tracks and Car Mods to a JSGME folder.

For the most part that will be okay just look for file overwrites as you copy them over.

The thing is the way I did JSGME it is designed to use a template so it catches ALL overwrites and backups but does not give you unneeded warnings like Folder overwrites

EITHER way if you install JSGME after you install the Mods and Tracks you want what can go wrong ?
IF the folder does not work correct all you need do is click once on the double left arrow
and de-activate all mods it will replace overwritten files and your folder will be as it was

---------------

Don't forget I use a EXTREME method I never went into in the Tutorial

I pack everything for JSGME , mods, tracks packs not just misc addons
Then I have to make a blank template from all that
Then I have to solve all conflicts with 100 car mods and make additional mods
Then I make a 13GB sound template that fixes all audio overwrites
IE: I remove all audio from all car mods.

Then repack it all again all the car mods you see in Pic are repacked to work
100% or as close as possible

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 23 May 17 at 22:55.
Unread 24 May 17, 01:06   #65
Wee Scot

I DID read the original version of your latest post, and it DID confuse me a LITTLE, though I certainly appreciated most of what you wrote, and completely understand and appreciate your efforts to keep files associated with various mods from overwriting existing files. I also understand your frustration at having spent so much time and effort to write a good tutorial, and still have an ostensibly well-educated person (me) ask for personal answers to questions, the answers to which most NG readers probably understood from reading your tutorial, if not before!

My own experience with unsolicited change due to unexpected overwriting came a few years ago when my HUD was suddenly displayed in German, which I didn't really mind that much because I speak passable German and drive lots of Porsches and BMWs!

But your latest post--as revised--does systematically and directly address my questions, and for that I am very, and humbly, grateful!

In looking through your MANY carset mods shown in the graphic, the only ones I saw that I KNOW I want to include in my GTR2 are V8 Supercar and WSC 1970. What is the HISTORIC GP v1.01? I didn't see the F1_79, ChampCarLola, Fabcar, or F3000 mods I've enjoyed so much over the years. Are they there, but renamed by you for simplicity and consistency?

One question I had that got lost last week in the shuffle is: Can I (should I?) still use Vince Klortho's carset manager to select (and exclude) specific cars, or is this an example of where I should use your Advanced Template to create my own mods of limited sets of cars?

Now I'm going to go back and read EVERY WORD of the tutorial as it describes the purposes and procedures for using your "Advanced" method, and probably use that instead of "Basic."

Thanks AGAIN for your extraordinary patience with me!

Unread 24 May 17, 01:59   #66
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:
I DID read the original version of your latest post, and it DID confuse me a LITTLE, though I certainly appreciated most of what you wrote, and completely understand and appreciate your efforts to keep files associated with various mods from overwriting existing files. I also understand your frustration at having spent so much time and effort to write a good tutorial, and still have an ostensibly well-educated person (me) ask for personal answers to questions, the answers to which most NG readers probably understood from reading your tutorial, if not before!

My own experience with unsolicited change due to unexpected overwriting came a few years ago when my HUD was suddenly displayed in German, which I didn't really mind that much because I speak passable German and drive lots of Porsches and BMWs!

But your latest post--as revised--does systematically and directly address my questions, and for that I am very, and humbly, grateful!

In looking through your MANY carset mods shown in the graphic, the only ones I saw that I KNOW I want to include in my GTR2 are V8 Supercar and WSC 1970. What is the HISTORIC GP v1.01? I didn't see the F1_79, ChampCarLola, Fabcar, or F3000 mods I've enjoyed so much over the years. Are they there, but renamed by you for simplicity and consistency?

One question I had that got lost last week in the shuffle is: Can I (should I?) still use Vince Klortho's carset manager to select (and exclude) specific cars, or is this an example of where I should use your Advanced Template to create my own mods of limited sets of cars?

Now I'm going to go back and read EVERY WORD of the tutorial as it describes the purposes and procedures for using your "Advanced" method, and probably use that instead of "Basic."

Fabcar is in the loosely worded RADICALS SR8 mod, it has 4 mods in it ( have not got around to finishing / renaming )

HISTORIC is 1960 open wheel mods

1979 and all my other open wheel mods are not in that folder as I have not got around to testing and repacking all proper yet ( about 30 mods )

Really I am still testing multi combos of what you see there and have oinks to go yet

MODS like Chevrolet, Ford , Dodge, Lotus and others have all relative makes and mods with GDB and classes redone to be a single list for each

Japanese Supercars has around 20 mods in it 1 click activate/ de-activate
all files backed up and restored

====================

What I would like is to get permission from every painter on No Grip
to repack 1000 skins into Community Pack ( already done it )
I have re-classed to single vehicles and I also removed any class in 1,000 skins
that points to the default classes GT / NGT etc

Not a single add-on skin appears / infects any GTR2 class or any Mod !

Well actually they can because in 2 clicks I can change them back to their original classes
authors made with another MOD

With that a base you could then easy make specific skins packs for various mods in a click.

Everyone could share them as JGSME MODS, they would be tiny as they only need to contain the car file and GDBs

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 24 May 17 at 02:19.
Unread 24 May 17, 04:15   #67
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:

Thanks for the interest either way

See that is why I would like someone to redo the Tutorial ....... psycho babble , explaining procedure is not a strong point lool

I say first thing underscored MODS are for advanced using GTR2 as a standalone MOD with template

That is not correct 100% anymore since GTR233 convinced me to put Basic and Advanced together in 1 mod.

Hypothetically you could put Essentials in a already working Folder and use the advanced mods

From your existing GTR2 you would delete the default GDBs, txt, talent and cut and paste anything you need from your Player into the PLAYER MOD ....just like it says to do preparing a fresh GTR2 for a Standalone MOD ..........doh

Then you can use the advanced mods to activate any Player, Talent and .gdb MODS you want for any particular install just like advanced.

That is why in advanced section of tutorial it tells you to remove all those files doh

It just never dawned on me you could do the same thing with any GTR2 folder till now lol

Then you can use all the player, gdb and talent MODS and Reborn as you see fit

doh........

CONS:
1. Without the Blank template and GTR2 activated as first Mod you won't get any stock files overwrite warnings
2. You will get endless warnings of folder over-writes

They sent me around the bend making you click yes to almost every mod.

That is what stopped me developing it for over a year until I came up with the template and standalone GTR2 MOD idea which totally solved the problem lol

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 24 May 17 at 04:34.
Unread 25 May 17, 23:59   #68
Wee Scot

OK, so I decided to just use Basic for now, to try out the JSGME functions.

I copied the GTR2 ESSENTIALS folder containing the MODS folder, MOD INFO folder, and JSGME application into my freshly installed GTR2 root folder (C:\SIMRACING\GTR2).

Then I ran JSGME, and activated only #01 NO INTRO and #02 UNLOCK TRACKS by moving them into the Activated Mods window. Then I closed the Generic Mod Enabler (without performing any Tasks).

I double clicked on my desktop GTR2 icon and...

nothing

I used File Explorer to get to GTR2.exe, double clicked on it and...

nothing

I went back into JSGME, clicked the button ( << ) to disable all mods

Tried starting the game again and...

nothing

Then I deleted the (now corrupted?) 4 GB patched GTR2.exe and double-clicked on the (renamed) GTR2.exe (v1.1 updated, NoCD patched) I had in my original fresh install, and...

The game started right up with the Intro

What did I do wrong in JSGME? Do you have to perform a "task" to put the selected mods into effect?

I'm frustrated all over again.

EDIT: The very NEXT time I tried to start GTR2 from my "original" updated and patched GTR2.exe, it wouldn't start from that one, either. I think where I screwed up was in moving the entire GTR2 folder from its originally installed location (C:\GTR2) to a location under my newly created SIMRACING subfolder (C:\SIMRACING\GTR2). Somewhere in the back of my addled brain, I seem to remember that that's a bad idea. Something about the registry? Ah, crap. I'm guessing the only solution now is to do ANOTHER fresh install, this time pointing it to the C:\SIMRACING location from the start.

Last edited by Wee Scot; 26 May 17 at 01:14.
Unread 26 May 17, 02:06   #69
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Okay ...........

1. you installed a fresh GTR2 into C:\SIMRACING\GTR2

2. you then tested it and it booted okay

3. you then activated only those 2 MODS ... #01 NO INTRO and #02 UNLOCK TRACKS
and GTR2 would not boot

I can't see how that is possible in any event

===========

You can leave JSGME open when you use GTR2

That is why I make a windowed mode config.ini MOD, so I can use GTR2 and JSGME and explorer window side by side when testing
Unread 26 May 17, 02:15   #70
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

You can see the MODS I have activated

The fact I used a Standalone ( advanced ) GTR2 makes no difference

Took 1 minute to activate and boot

Modded ui and GDB and windowed mode so you can test and see everything

Getting better all the time

Like I said for that combo ( there is a test MOD in there too ) you will have to boot , close and boot again, that fixes glitches in series menu and unlocking tracks.

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 26 May 17 at 02:27.
Unread 26 May 17, 03:01   #71
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Here is Standard Basic example
I have taken out all advanced mods but left all languages

1. I take a copy of my archived GTR2 and put in a new folder "TEST for WEE SCOTT"

This archived copy of GTR2 is set to run without JSGME so it has player, all menu setup wheel and config already done

Okay, so it boots and works.

2. add MODS, MODS INFO and JSGME.exe into it

3. RUN JSGME and select the highlighted Mods

GTR2 boots 100% , don't know how else to help mate

P.S.

Only other thing I can think of is when you copy and paste a archived GTR2 the admin and compatibility changes will reset to default........so naturally in W10 GTR2 would loop.

That does not happen activating a Standlone GTR2 in JSGME it retains the admin changes

ANOTHER AFTERTHOUGHT:

Don't rename GTR2.exes or leave 2 in GTR2

In SIM PATCHES\GTR2 make folder EXE ( whatever ) an in that make 3 folders

ORG EXE
NO-CD
NO-CD 4GB PATCHED

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 26 May 17 at 04:20.
Unread 26 May 17, 09:51   #72
Wee Scot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
Okay ...........

1. you installed a fresh GTR2 into C:\SIMRACING\GTR2
Well... no. What I did was, I MOVED the "fresh" GTR2 I installed last week from its original location (C:\GTR2) to a location under my newly-created SIMRACING folder (C:\SIMRACING\GTR2). Then I renamed the GTR2.exe to "GTR2 (v1.1 updated NoCD patched).exe" and copied the 4 GB patched GTR2.exe from your GTR2 TRACKS folder into my GTR2 root folder.

Then, like the fool I am, before checking first to make sure it would run from that new location, I copied the GTR2 ESSENTIALS folder (containing MODS, MOD INFO, and JSGME) into the GTR2 root folder and tried my test of activating only the first two Basic mods.

What's puzzling to me is that, if the problem is my having moved my "fresh" GTR2 install to a new subfolder under C:, why, after the presumably "modded" GTR2.exe failed to start the game, did double-clicking on my "original" GTR2.exe start the game?

I'm going to move the GTR2 folder back to its originally installed location (C:GTR2), uninstall it from there, and start over.
Unread 26 May 17, 10:12   #73
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:
Well... no. What I did was, I MOVED the "fresh" GTR2 I installed last week from its original location (C:\GTR2) to a location under my newly-created SIMRACING folder (C:\SIMRACING\GTR2). Then I renamed the GTR2.exe to "GTR2 (v1.1 updated NoCD patched).exe" and copied the 4 GB patched GTR2.exe from your GTR2 TRACKS folder into my GTR2 root folder.

Then, like the fool I am, before checking first to make sure it would run from that new location, I copied the GTR2 ESSENTIALS folder (containing MODS, MOD INFO, and JSGME) into the GTR2 root folder and tried my test of activating only the first two Basic mods.

What's puzzling to me is that, if the problem is my having moved my "fresh" GTR2 install to a new subfolder under C:, why, after the presumably "modded" GTR2.exe failed to start the game, did double-clicking on my "original" GTR2.exe start the game?

I'm going to move the GTR2 folder back to its originally installed location (C:GTR2), uninstall it from there, and start over.

Okay if you start over .......... forget 4Gb patch just for now you can make changes to your "SAVED STANDALONE GTR2" you going to archive

1. Run GTR2 setup anywhere you like
2. Install the patch
3. Install NO-CD
4. In W10 I set admin and compatibilty mode to W7 and save

DON'T START GTR2

5. Run GTR2config.exe and set resolution

6. Run GTR2

7. Create a Player

8. Boots to main menu, setup ALL MENUS and CONTROLLER

9. Close GTR2

NOW STOP !!

10. COPY and PASTE the ENTIRE folder to your SIM ARCHIVES and never touch or alter it again

11. Go into programs add/remove and uninstall GTR2
Which will remove the first copy and you left with your
already setup and running Standalone

12 NOW .......... Use a copy of the folder in SIM ARCHIVES to make
any new ready to run GTR2 folder

So after you archive it copy and paste it anywhere , check the admin and compatibility settings
again and click GTR2 it will run

So that copy will do the exact same thing once you add MODS and MODS info and run JSGME ........it's got to, it must

REMEMBER: You install GTR2 once then make your Standalone GTR2, archive it then uninstall GTR2 , you will never have to "install" GTR2 again....as long as that backed-up archive never gets touched

For any copy you make using the standalone say GTR-LEMANS with Lemans cars
make a new shortcut. GTR-F1 , GTR-TOURING etc etc etc

Now if you did all that successfully you should be able to drop GTR2.exe 4GB patched from Essentials into a COPY not the SAVED ARCHIVE(just yet)
That will overwrite the NO-CD and it should run the same but now be using 4GB of ram

Once you see it works overwrite the GTR2.exe in your SAVED ARCHIVE as well

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 26 May 17 at 10:32.
Unread 26 May 17, 12:12   #74
Wee Scot

OK, I'll follow your step-by-step instructions when I get home in 2 hours. Thanks

QUESTIONS:

1) Does it matter where I create my SIM ARCHIVE folder? I created a SIMRACING folder under C: (C:\SIMRACING), but ebrich at Race Department told me he installed his BTB Pro and BTB Evo under Documents. Is there a difference? What "folder architecture" do you think I should use?

2) Should I copy the GTR2 ESSENTIALS folder, containing the MODS and MOD INFO folders and JSGME, into the GTR2 root folder, or just copy the MODS folder and JSGME directly into the GTR2 root folder?

3) In JSGME, after I've moved the mods I want to use over into the activation box, do I simply Close the box, or do I need to perform one of the Tasks to activate the mods I've selected?
Unread 26 May 17, 18:05   #75
Wee Scot

OKAY!!! THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!!!

Did exactly as you instructed, and now I have three (so far) desktop shortcuts to separate copies of GTR2, all in C:\SIMRACING, with my Standalone copy tucked safely away and ready to make the NEXT instance (copy) of GTR2 for the NEXT set of cars/tracks I want access to without having to load every damn one I've collected over the past 10 years!

And the 4 GB patch GTR2.exe and JSGME also are working flawlessly.

Thank you, thank you, thank you
Unread 27 May 17, 01:56   #76
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:
OKAY!!! THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!!!

Did exactly as you instructed, and now I have three (so far) desktop shortcuts to separate copies of GTR2, all in C:\SIMRACING, with my Standalone copy tucked safely away and ready to make the NEXT instance (copy) of GTR2 for the NEXT set of cars/tracks I want access to without having to load every damn one I've collected over the past 10 years!

And the 4 GB patch GTR2.exe and JSGME also are working flawlessly.

Thank you, thank you, thank you
Thank you too for being patient with my repetitive and convoluted instruction
I being serious about wanting someone to redo my tutorial lol

So you have from #01 down and did you do the edits for Map plugin and XD ?
( my fav. combo mod )

Okay so now you want to do a standalone GTR2 mod with template this will show you all overwrites and become very helpful

With template and standalone Mod you can right click any overwritten mod
for info on which mods need removing, heaps better then Basic which only
gives you info on overwrites to mods

1. Keep the Essentials folder as it came, tutorial uses the full paths

2. Copy your now archived GTR2 into the folder in GTR2 Essentials
" PUT YOUR FRESH GTR2 HERE " so you can edit and finish

3. Do the tutorial as far as making the first GTR2 Standalone mod
ie: #_00 GTR2 STANDALONE

Make a new folder use the template and activate #_00 GTR2 STANDALONE
you really start to see whats what
Unread 27 May 17, 02:46   #77
Wee Scot

I'll dig deeper and try that tomorrow. Right now I just want to make sure I took the right steps earlier today in achieving such satisfying success!

Each time I made a new copy of GTR2, I right-clicked on GTR2.exe and GTR2Config.exe, selected Properties, then the Compatibility tab, and under Compatibility Mode, I checked the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and selected Windows 7. Below that, under Settings, I checked the box for "Run this program as an administrator." Correct?

Then I created desktop shortcuts to each copy's GTR2.exe. Now, when I double-click on those shortcuts, a dialog box pops up titled "User Account Control" asking if I want to "allow this app...to make changes to your device?" Correct? Or did I do something wrong, here?

Also, when I ran GTR2Config.exe for my Standalone (then Archive) copy, the Refresh Rate was set at 59 Hz. Is that a "default" rate? Or did my computer know that my Radeon 5850 runs best with that setting? Or should I have known what rate to change it to?

When I was setting up my game Menus and Controller, under OPTIONS\ADVANCED, there are two check boxes under a Warning:

High Resolution Car Livery
High Resolution Cockpit

Should I select those? Do the original and/or 3rd party cars use high resolution graphics that I've been missing out on?

Also, under OPTIONS\VIDEO, there are three factors set to Medium:

Headlight Effect
Shadows
Shadow Quality

I'm assuming the game set these at Medium after assessing the capabilities of my GPU, but should I experiment with higher settings? What's been your experience with these?
Unread 27 May 17, 03:51   #78
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

YES but use the tab " Change settings for all users" and save

WELL I disable all user warnings, UAC, etc. in any OS

In User Accounts click Change User Account Control settings and change slider to Never Notify

You should be doing admin changes to the shortcuts as well, check them

Refresh rate is set to your monitor redo GTR2config you should be able to select 59Hz or 60Hz in a drop-down box if so select 60Hz

Yes select all options in advanced graphics you want 5850 should have no trouble

Run frame-rate on screen to check differences and find best numbers of cars in various car mods

Run Fraps and record to log, do a full lap of race from standing to finish line and stop Fraps
and check the log

Change everything to high and Repeat that will give you some idea of the fps spread and help find the sweet spot.

AA/AF is next thing you should probably set in ATi Control Panel but ask Duc he knows these cards better

If it is anything like Nvidia inspector you get better frames and quality at higher settings
then setting AA in config.ini and/or in game

If you do suffer low framerate YES shadows and quality in one of the first thing to reduce

Just don't believe what config.ini tells GTR2 if you open your config.ini
you will find reported video ram and system memory most liekly be wrong
then GTR2 will set basic detail levels according to config results

config.ini in GTR2 reports my GTX1070 as having - (negative) Vram lol

Thing is it will then set TEX and OBJ levels in config.ini lower 1 or 2 instead of 3
which makes some of the menu in GTR2 graphics section go Red when you slide higher

That is why I edit them before I put in my config.ini mods

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 27 May 17 at 04:04.
Unread 2 June 17, 21:42   #79
rcbill28

thanks dd great stuff
rcbill28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 June 17, 22:10   #80
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbill28 View Post
thanks dd great stuff

Just remember if you use advanced / GTR2 standalone remove the GDB from the 2 Anniversary mods, I forgot

This has presented another problem combining Basic and Advanced

No standalone or mod should have GDB files in it or advanced won't work properly.

So anyone could select Anniversary GDB first then Anniversary which would overwrite main mod and leave it greyed out

Which means if you wanted to change to another custom GDB you would have to first de-activate Anniversary and defeat the purpose of Essentials

P.S. What Essentials really needs is someone to look at it from a new perspective and come up with a better MOD order for complete list

Even I can admit they are somewhat higgledy–piggledy lol

For instance all environment, weather mods together, etc.
Unread 2 June 17, 22:20   #81
rcbill28

Thanks again!!!
rcbill28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 June 17, 19:55   #82
Wee Scot

Hi, me again...

I'd like to try the MapPlugin, but, despite your direction on page 5 of the tutorial to...

"edit the default PLR ( see Advanced )"

...I don't see any instructions anywhere in the tutorial as to what, exactly, to edit, and how!

Please clarify, and don't hesitate to call me out as a numbskull if it's there and I just can't see it.

Last edited by Wee Scot; 23 June 17 at 02:20.
Unread 22 June 17, 21:32   #83
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Edit:

Doh you right mate, I left out making the #60 MOD

In Player File find this line ........

Write Shared Memory="0" // Write game data to shared memory area

( click FIND and put "Shared" in search box)

Change "0" to "1"

I think I will remove that MOD anyways it is useless

Next version will have Saved Player Mods for edits for HQ AI v2.0

So every time you edited a saved player MOD you would have to edit
#60 Write Shared Memory=0 (GTR2 Default) as well or enabling it would reset Player

Delete that mod and set all your players to =1

P.S. In the MODS INFO folder you will find GTR2 Map plugin read me explains it

Quote:
INSTALL
========

With Notepad Edit [your driver].plr and set:
Write Shared Memory="1"
Also in that read me is keystrokes to move and zoom the Map

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 22 June 17 at 22:25.
Unread 23 June 17, 02:19   #84
Wee Scot

Thanks! MODS INFO folder, GTR2 Map Plugin Readme. Of course. See, I KNEW I must be overlooking something obvious!
Unread 23 June 17, 03:47   #85
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:
Thanks! MODS INFO folder, GTR2 Map Plugin Readme. Of course. See, I KNEW I must be overlooking something obvious!

Also GTR2MapPlugin - KEYS.text in MODS INFO

I have to update the Tutorial.PDF for new mods but thanks I still would have missed that.

Next release will have 5 Player MODS and be something like this......

#_03 PLAYER NEW - DEFAULT - To reset settings anytime ( saves creating new player)
#_03 PLAYER NEW - HQ AI - Edited PLR file for using HQ AI v2.0 * DON'T EDIT*
#_03 PLAYER OLD - save old Player/s here
#_03 PLAYER SAVED - DEFAULT - save modified default here
#_03 PLAYER SAVED - HQ AI - save modified HQ AI here

So

Cut and Paste any Player/s from your existing GTR2 folder/s into #_03 PLAYER OLD

IE: If you have more then one saved player make another MOD

eg: #_03 PLAYER OLD GT , etc.

In the 2 PLAYER NEW mods:
Rename the MY NAME folders and MY NAME players to your name

DON'T edit them in any other way

This is important for PLAYER NEW - HQ AI as it's supplied already edited

activate #_03 PLAYER NEW - DEFAULT
Start GTR2
Do all GTR2 menus, wheel settings, etc etc
Close GTR2
Copy the *.PLR file from GTR2 into #_03 PLAYER SAVED - DEFAULT
De-activate #_03 PLAYER NEW - DEFAULT

Repeat identical procedure to #_03 PLAYER NEW - HQ AI

P.S. To use plugins always edit Shared memory=1 in every Player MOD

Make sure any manually edited player file you copy back into the
corresponding Player MOD or you will lose your changes next time
you de-activate the mod.

Best way I think, make a GTR2 JSGME TEST folder
Template + Fresh Standalone + default MODS
Do all manual edits in there
update the MODS and test in there

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 23 June 17 at 04:13.
Unread 11 July 17, 17:46   #86
Jaspers Bart

How come i need to give a password when extracting the folder? Where can i find the password?
Jaspers Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 July 17, 21:07   #87
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspers Bart View Post
How come i need to give a password when extracting the folder?
There is no password

You may need to use newer version of winrar / 7zip
Unread 20 July 17, 20:33   #88
System
Automated Poster

Default A new version is uploaded

Version 2.1 of "GTR2 ESSENTIALS - PART 1" is uploaded. View the file details
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 July 17, 20:34   #89
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Sorry missed latest Essentials , I have to updated this again today
Unread 20 July 17, 21:54   #90
System
Automated Poster

Version 2.2 of "GTR2 ESSENTIALS - PART 1" is uploaded. View the file details
Unread 21 July 17, 07:26   #91
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Lightbulb Nvidia DSR and XD in Essentials

You notice when using DSR that XD motec hud and standings scale and position is set auto for monitor resolution and windows are too far down

I use 3840, 2560, 1920 + 1366 ( windowed) mods

So far I used these settings for DSR 4x (3840 x 2160)

Open XD.ini in notepad and update your XD Essentials mods after testing

; MoTeC HUD postion:
; Default: X = auto, Y = auto
MotecPosX=20
MotecPosY=20

; Standings HUD postion:
StandingsPosX=3400
StandingsPosY=20

; MoTeC HUD Scale
; Note: Only the MoTeC-Display can manually be scaled.
; Everything else is scaled automatically according to your screen resolution
; If the MoTeC display is set to tab-mode, the other info is also scaled (Session-Info/Standings)
; Value given in percentage
; 100(%) Scale = 1024x768 = 1:1 = No Transformation
; 0 = Disable scaling
Scale=200

Result: Screen is re-sampled from 3840 to 1920

I was thinking of making a set of XD.ini to go into my 4 Config.ini mods

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 21 July 17 at 07:38.
Unread 22 July 17, 07:16   #92
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Default New config.ini mods

Forget the last settings for XD, sorry never realized I had driver laptimes off screen ... doh

Made even better mods that keep XD and GTR2Map exactly where I want even changing resolutions.

Saved XD.ini and Mapconf.txt to all config.ini mods
Removed XD.ini and Mapconf.txt from #60 XD/Map mods

Works great whether you have XD and Map enabled does not matter but when you
do always have your preferred hud positions saved for each resolution

Results: You can see Framerate in top right corner, all screens are full size

27" 1920x1080

1366 x 768 ( Windowed Mode )

; MoTeC HUD postion:
MotecPosX=10
MotecPosY=10

; Standings HUD postion:
StandingsPosX=1070
StandingsPosY=10

; Session-Info HUD postion:
SessionPosX= auto
SessionPosY= auto

.; MoTeC HUD Scale
Scale=80

1920 x 1080 ( Fullscreen )

; MoTeC HUD postion:
MotecPosX=10
MotecPosY=10

; Standings HUD postion:
StandingsPosX=1500
StandingsPosY=10

SessionPosX= auto
SessionPosY= auto

.; MoTeC HUD Scale
Scale=100

2560 x 1440 (Nvidia DSR)

; MoTeC HUD postion:
MotecPosX=10
MotecPosY=10

; Standings HUD postion:
StandingsPosX=2000
StandingsPosY=10

SessionPosX= auto
SessionPosY= auto

.; MoTeC HUD Scale
Scale=150

3840 x 2160 (Nvidia DSR)

; MoTeC HUD postion:
MotecPosX=10
MotecPosY=10

; Standings HUD postion:
StandingsPosX=3000
StandingsPosY=10

SessionPosX= auto
SessionPosY= auto

.; MoTeC HUD Scale
Scale=200

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 22 July 17 at 20:44.
Unread 11 August 17, 21:40   #93
System
Automated Poster

Version 2.3 of "GTR2 ESSENTIALS - PART 1" is uploaded. View the file details