NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2

Unread 14 February 17, 15:21   #101
bobwilliams

Thumbs up No more Viper Competition Coupe genstring/CAS madness... Time to go forth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsofast View Post
Ive been following this with interest ever since I joined nogrip recently and this is one of the first threads I clicked on in the forum. Love the attention to detail and the effort you go to. Can't wait to see the final product whenever that is, half the fun is the journey itself.
Thanks, you're so right.

(And I would really love to give you the best possible car - it's perhaps my favourite racing car, of which I have the fondest memories )

-------------------------------

EDIT: Ok guys, yesterday attempts brought no success in spite of my efforts, I think I will need to change my "operational plans":

I either:

1- Modify the base 360 GT rear wing according to the 360 GT 2001-2002 design;

2- modify the Japanese GT 360 GT rear wing (as suggested by my modding friend 'LeGhoul').

In both cases I will have NO problems with the CAS, which is driving me mad at the moment (I modified the 360 CAS file so much that not a single 360 GT will now be shown in-game ), so I fear I will have to restart modeling the object from 'scratch' (a partially false assertion, as you can guess, since de facto I am starting from a base ).

I think I will choose the option #2, since it's the option which:

a. require less modeling time (dat wing's already curvilinear )
b. comes with the dedicated genstring

Of course this means I will need to get the authorisation of use from its creator (a NoGrip member of the JGTC/SGT MOD for GTR2 I suppose) otherwise I couldn't modify it/release it.

I'm confident this is the way to go.
Let's see what future will brings...

-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT #2: Juice Bottle, the 3D artist behind the famous Supah GT mod for GTR2 (the same folk who realised the curved SGT 360 GT rear wing) is nowhere to be found neither in NG forums nor thru his mod page (even in Youtube any contact has proved unsuccessful): the only option left is going for the original Simbin 360 GT rear wing. I don't think that if I add some polygons to the model I will have so many problems in reshaping it

Remember: the biggest luck comes from not having to mess with the .CAS file and genstrings...

Last edited by bobwilliams; 23 February 17 at 11:15. Reason: To 'Edit #2' was necessary.
bobwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 March 17, 10:58   #102
bobwilliams

Exclamation Attention please... Project status updated.

Hello dear Nogrippers,

just a little update which deemed necessary: I'm sorry to inform you that our project must have its 'restart' delayed due to my current job research which is becoming a ... job per se.

I'm sorry but there is simply no free time to allocate for the project in my current situation, after all I've a family to care for.

I thank you for your understanding and... as soon as my research is over I think I will start to apply one or two tricks I've collected over the 'web' on how to add vertices to a 3d object... That will be my next objective: enriching and modifying (accordingly) the Simbin 360 GT rear wing model.
Unread 7 March 17, 16:59   #103
O-ZERO_Racing

Personal life always comes first, take your time
O-ZERO_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 March 17, 11:16   #104
bobwilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-ZERO_Racing View Post
Personal life always comes first, take your time
Thanks for your understanding, O-zero.
Unread 30 March 17, 08:54   #105
bobwilliams

Arrow Just a quick notice.

Goodmorning dear Ferraristi!

it seems I will soon have to "un-pause" my mod and get back to work on it; the reason is I think it would be wiser to slip into my weekly schedule a bit of 'JMB-Michelotto' , I'm discovering that finding a proper job in Italy (= which is right for your studies and/or fits your passion) in these years it's like winning at the lottery - but this shouldn't impede progresses in my favourite free-time exercise (heck, that's even a way to fight stress, don't you agree? ).

Expect an update next week.

And yes, the work on the rear wing will be left as the final touch: I will definately be in need of an external help by then...

Last edited by bobwilliams; 30 March 17 at 10:04.
Unread 3 April 17, 11:15   #106
bobwilliams

Arrow Let's give a spin to the wheel...

It's just an evening work:

These are the JMB Compétition driver suits of the year 2000. The drivers have their respectives OMP gloves (sadly I accidentally covered the logo on the "Terrien right hand", but I assure you - that's the truth )
That means I will try to find a way to fix the Wildman 3d model in the future, because the front and rear track are wrong and currently reflects the standard 360 GT measures. The only problem would then be:
- Get the permission from Wildman;
- Have somebody to fix the CAS file and get the modified model inside GTR2;
- Do this. In 3D. That will require time. . . .

The best option might be purchasing a 360 Challenge model on-line - and proceed modifying it accordingly. But that will require a fully working model (an expressed authorisation of use) and a... new job !

I'm off to repaint the white 360 GT this weekend.

Saludos!
Unread 20 April 17, 10:48   #107
bobwilliams

Arrow Small progresses over time - and more...

Good morning fellow racers,

Just some snapshots of the work done until now, so, behold...
  • One week ago:
  • Yesterday night:

...Behold how slow my progresses are!
I'm not an artist of "pencil and stencil", but I promise I will do my best in getting the white and the black 360 GTs right with their updated 'skins'. Then it will be the turn of the coloured JMB Ferraris of the year 2001 (this while ChopChop volunteered with us to paint the GTs 2002 liveries - unless his personal life takes precedence, of course: we GTR2 fans are all starting to have that specific age in which hobbies must be momentaneously have to be put aside in favour of real life matters after all...).

So, "en regard" of the 360 Challenge project, I fear it might be seriously delayed in the medium term (not in the long, "'cause we will be then all dead" A. Smith. dixit) because of potential personal matter which might require all my future time (heh, I've a family to care for after all ... ).

Speaking about the project deadline, I swapped many PMs with my colleague 'LeGhoul' (my modding-friend!) about not wanting to set a determined timeframe for our project, this because I think 'sim-racing and sim-modding' is a 'joyful and necessary waste of time for a racer', but now I find mandatory to set a date: that is 31/12/2017.

Why so distant in the future?

For two reasons:
  1. I am anyway very busy with my real life obligations;
  2. I might be taking a (slightly ) life-changing decision about my personal career in the new year, which takes precedence over modding (of course). This would mean I could not put time into sim-racing at all (and I am not that happy, but it's done for 'major justice').

So, should things go really bad, you would end up anyway with an 80% complete mod. After all it's especially a matter of physic: that's the most important point, you see.

Expect updates next week!

I wish you all the best and safe journeys, fellow racers!
Unread 20 April 17, 20:31   #108
O-ZERO_Racing

are the white and black round specific? I can help if you want.
Unread 21 April 17, 10:30   #109
bobwilliams

Quote:
are the white and black round specific? I can help if you want.
Thanks O-ZERO, right now my biggest doubt comes from finding a way to realise the realistic opaque-looking 360 JMB GT front lights.

I mean, check these shots and look at the 'phares' area:

https://barchetta.mediacenter.pro/?i...537&fd=1987028

https://barchetta.mediacenter.pro/?i...537&fd=1987028

https://barchetta.mediacenter.pro/?i...537&fd=1987029

now check the latest front light style (year 2002), which sported transparent plastics:

https://barchetta.mediacenter.pro/?i...537&fd=1987034

Interesting, uh?

Now, perhaps you know where I might put my hands on to give to the plastic that opaque look?
Perhaps colouring the area of the front lights in the 360GT body file with a 50% transparent tint will be sufficient? In the meanwhile I'm off experimenting!

P.s.: still no news from Wildman. Will this work be ever authorised?
Unread 21 April 17, 10:41   #110
alexmezza
Premium Member

For transparent texture, "play" with grey value of alpha chanel...
alexmezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 April 17, 10:45   #111
O-ZERO_Racing

I can try if I can get that result. Btw. I've the right benini logo, but there are more logo's that could use an update. (TAG, tubi, FirstAssure,.. to name a few.)
Unread 21 April 17, 11:16   #112
bobwilliams

Quote:
I can try if I can get that result. Btw. I've the right benini logo, but there are more logo's that could use an update. (TAG, tubi, FirstAssure,.. to name a few.)
FirstAssure, TAG, Tubi : I have these logos, at least as pictures (FirstAssure, TAG).

Would you like to paint the black 360 GT yourself? That was driven by the two Ferrari aces Christian Pescatori and David Terrien.

If you want... let me know! I have all the logo available in my JMB-Michelotto folder on C:/(btw I have to buy a new HD in which to save HD images ).

Have a good week-end,

BW

P.s.: thanks Alexmezza!
Unread 21 April 17, 12:00   #113
O-ZERO_Racing

for the lights this is the result when you make a selection of the headlights in the alpha layer and put the brightness to 100. (so it needs to be more to get closer to the real deal). feel free to send them to me, I can look if I've time to make it.

Last edited by O-ZERO_Racing; 21 April 17 at 12:18.
Unread 24 April 17, 10:42   #114
bobwilliams

Arrow A thank you and... next steps!

Quote:

for the lights this is the result when you make a selection of the headlights in the alpha layer and put the brightness to 100. (so it needs to be more to get closer to the real deal). feel free to send them to me, I can look if I've time to make it.

*O-Zero hits bobwilliams for 9999 hp!*

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*bobwilliams fainted!*

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really, it results as an excellent view even with its clothes off.
And the new front lights covering makes it even more exotic.
It's a wonderful car: and it really deserved a better livery!

Thakns O-Zero! This evening I'll RAR the files and send it to you via PM this wednesday, O-ZERO (don't mind to tell me you cannot for a matter of free time; I perfectly understand real life matters take precedence; the black 360 GT will be found worth of upgrading anyway - although I'm slow... ).

I will complete the white Ferrari, instead, and then update the model with the interior graphics produced by LeGhoul (hey, mate, where are you? Don't worry to mess this topic up! ).

In details, these are the implementations that will be applied to the protype on the 'works' (and which will feature all the JMB Ferraris of the years 2001-2002):

- New OMP seat;
- New 360 JMB '01-'02 dash;
- New 360 GT '01-'02 steering wheel.

I repeat, all these new arts are product of the LeGhoul undoubted artistry. (so don't thank me in the future pictures ).

...Gotcha soon!

Last edited by bobwilliams; 24 April 17 at 11:06.
Unread 24 April 17, 18:17   #115
O-ZERO_Racing

that's ok mate!
Unread 24 April 17, 19:31   #116
LeGhoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilliams View Post

[...]and then update the model with the interior graphics produced by LeGhoul (hey, mate, where are you? Don't worry to mess this topic up! )[...]

New OMP seat;
- New 360 JMB '01-'02 dash;
- New 360 GT '01-'02 steering wheel.

I repeat, all these new arts are product of the LeGhoul undoubted artistry. (so don't thank me in the future pictures )[...]
G'day folx!

*LOL* ..hehehe ..I'm here, the quiet stalker in the background
..err, please don't blow the trumpet too loud mate, coz I have stopped all my pixelpushing stuff for this project 12 month (!) ago ..and atm all parts are zipped somewhere on my plate, so I need some time to find em & a new PC to go on ..because of that don't thank to early ma friend!

..but nevertheless a nice thread & a fun to read ..and I think that project will be good in the end!

Cheerio, J.

PS@ozero: yep, now it'll fit! thx!
LeGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 April 17, 09:52   #117
bobwilliams

Exclamation I'm in a Paintshop (Pro)! And a sorry... :-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGhoul View Post
G'day folx!

*LOL* ..hehehe ..I'm here, the quiet stalker in the background
..err, please don't blow the trumpet too loud mate, coz I have stopped all my pixelpushing stuff for this project 12 month (!) ago ..and atm all parts are zipped somewhere on my plate, so I need some time to find em & a new PC to go on ..because of that don't thank to early ma friend!

..but nevertheless a nice thread & a fun to read ..and I think that project will be good in the end!

Cheerio, J.

PS@ozero: yep, now it'll fit! thx!
Hem, I'm sorry LeGhoul... you're right, it's your work after all; it had always been my weakest point being precipitous, especially when a project restarts... My mistake, I didn't want to annoy you. (this to say: "feel free to set to fire my hair - I didn't have that many, anyway" )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

...And this is the result of a evening spent in a Paintshop (Pro):

Isn't she lovely? [quote]

I would say the livery is 90% ready, it only lacks the major Giesse GSG sponsorship on the rear windshield, a logo relocation (a matter of minor entity) and it's necessary to finalise then the JMB banner on the two sides (you see, the 3d model of the car compresses the design, which is home-made, and it's not the perfect recreation of the original, I know ).

I think in this weekend I might as well end my work on it (humour ).

Then, it will be time for me to (study) and paint the JMB-Giesse 2001 coloured liveries. And to enhance the F1 shifter failures. And then, I've to see the Project checklist. () (my favourite smiley btw )

Until next time, partners!...

P.s.: O-Zero, PM sent

Last edited by bobwilliams; 26 April 17 at 09:55. Reason: My failing memory.
Unread 8 May 17, 10:31   #118
bobwilliams

Arrow Less resources, same solutions!

Goodmorning my dear 360 GT fans!

I'm sorry for if the 'radio' kept its 'silence' for that much (well, that's just few days of delay anyway...) it's just that I've lost connection to the net, and I'm now writing straight from a public library pc (don't mind because I will be back on-line in a matter of weeks) !

My objective, anyhow, is try to keep the most regular possible update basis on our 'lovely waste of time'.

So, get this:

http://www.nogripracing.com/gallery/...p?photo=181411

(Sorry for I couldn't post the picture right in this page, didn't find a way, I've a time-limit here you see, and no-way to upload the picture on a specific image server, so no 'HI-RES'... )

As you can see there's a problem in the transparent glasses which aren't transparent, er... anymore. It seems as long as I don't open the file with my editor the file keep their transparency. I will find a solution to this.

Next step: realising/modifying a JMB-Giesse base livery in which creating the marvellous 'glimmering' green-blue effects, and realising the new coloured paintschemes.

Anybody can advise me on a good 2001 JMB-Giesse livery in which starting my experiments? I find the Wildman original schemes to be somewhat distorted.

I will get you updated! Gotcha later.
Unread 8 May 17, 12:50   #119
alexmezza
Premium Member

Quote:
Anybody can advise me on a good 2001 JMB-Giesse livery in which starting my experiments?
This one ?

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-04-01-062.jpg
Unread 9 May 17, 09:20   #120
bobwilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmezza View Post
Er, thanks alexmezza, though I meant a post-'prototype' 360 JMB-Giesse skin already done for GTR2, just to get it as a reference for our new liveries, not a real life libery picture.

I'm off to check the NoGrip database... let's see: I've some idea on how to realise the 'glimmering' tint of the 2001 360 GT liveries.
Unread 9 May 17, 12:24   #121
alexmezza
Premium Member

Sorry for the misunderstanding...

Quote:
Next step: realising/modifying a JMB-Giesse base livery in which creating the marvellous 'glimmering' green-blue effects, and realising the new coloured paintschemes.
Can you explain what you mean ?
Unread 10 May 17, 16:59   #122
O-ZERO_Racing

Looks good, will have to find some time to paint.
Unread 12 May 17, 09:43   #123
bobwilliams

Quote:
Sorry for the misunderstanding...

Can you explain what you mean ?
Lol, I know I may sound like a little girlie , it's just that, if you check with patience and with an eye to fine detail some pictures of the cars, you will see that the JMB 360 GTs didn't simply have a plain green and blue colours in their respectives liveries...

(Sure the people at the JMB Compétition knew how to make people turn their heads )

Anyway, I haven't found anything related to a classic JMB livery here in the NoGrip database, I think I'll make a search somewhere else (of course I need the respective author's OK to release it publicly after I modified it).

Let's see.
Unread 12 May 17, 12:20   #124
alexmezza
Premium Member

I checked the (real) pics at racingsportscars.com and I didn't notice the glimmering effect... Maybe a metallic paint on some of them ?

http://www.fchgt.com/wp-content/uplo...42848230_o.jpg

I think it depends of the light !!!
Unread 15 May 17, 08:57   #125
bobwilliams

Quote:
I checked the (real) pics at racingsportscars.com and I didn't notice the glimmering effect... Maybe a metallic paint on some of them ?

Perhaps you're right, Alex.

'En regard' of the JMB-Giesse skin, I haven't found any 2001-2002 base livery in which focus my new work, I think I'll have either to paint a new one JMB-Giesse livery from scratch or... take contact with one of my friends.

I will keep you informed.
Unread 15 May 17, 12:38   #126
alexmezza
Premium Member

A nice shot from FB :

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31....2b&oe=597E872F
Unread 16 May 17, 00:17   #127
notsofast

Quote:

What are those lines across the headlights? Ive never seen them before on a 360GT
notsofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 17, 09:12   #128
bobwilliams

Quote:
What are those lines across the headlights? Ive never seen them before on a 360GT
It's the early 360 GT version headlights... I guess the units were covered and 'textured' in that manner because the car didn't need to blast the rival Porsches with its wipers.

Speed has been judged enough...
Unread 24 May 17, 14:10   #129
bobwilliams

Red face

Hey LeGhoul, you have a new personal message...

EDIT - Next update in the very first day of July (should I actually got back a decent internet connection).

EDIT #2 - I'm finally back online! News later...

Last edited by bobwilliams; 5 June 17 at 09:47. Reason: News news news...
Unread 6 June 17, 09:51   #130
bobwilliams

Wink From a diary of a wanderer

Dear 'tifosi',

this is the reason I have been so busy in the last week!

Basically some days ago I finally managed to go to the Italian Temple of Motor Racing (r) (a.k.a. 'Maranello') to present a project to the ‘men in red’. A project about … you guessed right, racing simulations.

Although I have been treated exceptionally well, and I had a unique chance to meet a Ferrari HR and speak with him of my profile and idea for fifteen minutes, in all honesty I don’t think this project (yes, this was the famous project which I managed to realise thanks to my university new ‘wind of change’ toward occupational chances of younger professionals in Italy… I am sure some of you still recall my reference to this fact in one of my previous written ‘entries’) will ever receive the decisive ‘green light’; reason is my lack of competence in the engineering field and/or business administration (it’s a marketing project after all). Field I decided to specialise myself on with a specific course.

Certainly, I would have loved to work with them, nonetheless, I judge this occasion a unique event, a splendid day of my lived (loved? ) life. This was also an important moment to analyse my weak points in terms of preparation to a brief project introduction. Now the F. D. Roosevelt words sounds profounder than ever: “by failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail!"

What follows is just a series of snapshots to show you briefly this little city which proudly lives around the ingenious of motor racing enthusiasts. These are not the best in terms of artistic tastes, I am sure you will understand and forgive my concern on thay day.

Take this post as a brief interruption from our JMB-Michelotto Project (btw, few nights ago I had some insights – just before falling asleep – on fixing the damned curved rear wing, but this is another matter which finds no room here, but we'll talk of it, no doubt ).

That's an arrival. And, the name of my favourite berlinetta as well.

TubiStyle, a famous manifolds producer here in Italy (it also supplied the JMB team in 2001-2003)

Just figure a lovely grassy town with a permanent scent of burnt friction and cooked tires...

Gift of a family which lost his son to the skies of the first WW, the 'ace aviator' Francesco Baracca personal biplane logo would have done wonders to Enzo's creativity... and creatures

A bit of history has never hurt anybody!

This was attached to a wall. Ars postmodernae.

Life is all about details.

And this was supposed to be a business oriented appointment...

A detail of a 'driver-cave'.

Hey! I see I'm not the only one having problem with rear wings here!

Back view. Notice the details (if possible).

-------------------------------------------------------

About our project, instead, I will proceed in the nexy days recreating the 2001 JMB liveries; of course this will take time because I would love to make a best possible debut for our newly made 360 GTs.

Will keep you informed!

Last edited by bobwilliams; 6 June 17 at 10:00. Reason: Meh.
Unread 7 June 17, 10:16   #131
GTR233

nice trip
GTR233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 June 17, 13:25   #132
bobwilliams

Arrow A new livery, a correction, a new plan.

...It's just and update, really.

1- LeGhoul's "Spa 2001 24 Hours" Ferrari 360 GT JMB-Giesse livery. I believe he has done a great hi-quality work!

Check the new rear bumper Giesse logo and the high definition lights. Fantastic, isn't it?

2- He has provided me with an evolved lexan window DDS file, so to solve the transparency issue I previously had with my white JMB-Giesse 360 GT livery.

Sea side time...

He also has (verrrry kindly) provided me with a template where to realise the coloured liveries of the 2001 JMB 360 GTs. 'Seems like it's time for me to come back to the project after this bit of rest.

Keep up with the radio signal, boys!
Unread 27 June 17, 16:05   #133
GTR233

really nice work LeGhoul and you
Unread 27 June 17, 21:17   #134
Maxellero

Wow great work I'd love to see someone put so much effort into Murciélago R-GT
I just have 2 questions:
- I don't see it on a Spa livery, but is it a chance to have those liveries in a "clean" style, without this fake dirt?
- what is the resolution of those skins?
Maxellero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 July 17, 20:59   #135
bobwilliams

Arrow 2001 #62 360 GT on the works

Hail to thee o simracers!

Just a picture to show you my progressess on the #62 2001 360 GT car. Compare the new quality template (made by our Grafik Berg Meister LeGhoul) with the old one made by Wildman. Kudos to the french modder, anyhow, because without his efforts we would have had no 2001 FiA GT season...

And thumbs up to my modding colleague which has greatly helped me with my duty by realising a very HQ template.

And I also completed the white 360 GT in its last details; now it's 100% complete.

With some luck in ten days this livery should be finished; I will then focus on the #63.

---------------

@Maxellero:

- The white and black 360 GT will feature the 'fake dirt', while the coloured 360 GTs of 2001 will feature a 'flawless skin'. Chop Chop already realised the 2002 JMB Racing/Competition Ferraris, and I guess these will feature a realistic racelike liveries (dirty ones). I am not 100% sure anyhow, since I didn't have no news from ChopChop - although you can already see a preview of said liveries in his personal details (he uploaded a picture with four 2002 360 GTs).

The reason behind the idea of making only the white and black 2001 GTs dirty is double:

1- these new skins are made on the basis of the old Wildman liveries, updated fully in their details though;
2- the white and black #62-#63 were famous for their unreliability. I guess with a bit o' dust one might immediately realise their prophetical prowess to suffer mechanical failures.

- LeGhoul made available his 'oeuvres' with the resolution of 2048 x 1024: pretty standard, what makes the difference it's the absence of the imprecise 'pixel interpolation' made by exported DDS files. A Master work.

P.s.: You should send a PM to Chronus on subject of the R-GT Lambo, it is in fact his favourite GT. Personally I can tell you it's not in my plans... If I had to update something after the JMB-Michelotto, that would be making a proper 360 Challenge model (I would have to add new wheel arches, first of all though I would need to shorten the track width, especially on the front, and make a new front and rear bumper... and then by creating the correct BBS wheels forging... a new high fidelity sound!).
Unread 5 July 17, 21:55   #136
Maxellero

Thanks for clarification
About HQ template, wow this is huge improvement
Unread 5 July 17, 23:12   #137
Chopchop
Uploader

Hmm, maybe I should drop by because I see I was mentioned. There hasn't been updates from me because I have not had anything new to report. The painting of the 2002 liveries is basically done. I might be missing some small logos, but I'm not sure. That needs to be checked. It's surprisingly hard to find good photos from 15 years ago.

I don't remember anymore where I've gotten my templates from, but they do have dirt layers and all. However, the dirt isn't really very visible on red surface, so it desn't show on the Ferraris that much.
Chopchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 July 17, 09:40   #138
bobwilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopchop View Post
Hmm, maybe I should drop by because I see I was mentioned. There hasn't been updates from me because I have not had anything new to report. The painting of the 2002 liveries is basically done. I might be missing some small logos, but I'm not sure. That needs to be checked. It's surprisingly hard to find good photos from 15 years ago.

I don't remember anymore where I've gotten my templates from, but they do have dirt layers and all. However, the dirt isn't really very visible on red surface, so it desn't show on the Ferraris that much.
Hey ChopChop! It's good hearing from you! ... And thanks for the good news! It's good to know your 'bunch of french Ferraris' are ok! I can send you perhaps some of your missing logo files if you would let me know what's left in the livery! If you would show a snapshot of the real car with the missing logo highlighted I might help you furthering your research!
Unread 10 July 17, 14:57   #139
bobwilliams

Arrow The #62 of 2001 - unleashed!

...It's showtime!

This livery represents the JMB #62 Ferrari which officialy ran (and won) in the Magny Cours round of the 2001 FiA GT championship. That was when the RWS Motorsport team started to seriously fear the mighty Berlinetta made in Maranello...

Take into account the logos on the left lower side of the car have been put in their respective place afterwards the shots were taken. Ehh, my memory..

... And now I only have to implement its proper driver helmet and suit (whoa, the same must be done on the Spa #62 360 GT as well ) and the work on the #63 will start. After that I will look after that rear bonnet 'block' 360 GT problem you see highlighted in the picture.

My thanks goes once again to LeGhoul for having supplied some logos I missed (and an excellent template as said previously); I'm lucky because he is probably the Ace I missed on the Project. Thanks pal.

Stay connected, updates will follows.

Last edited by bobwilliams; 19 July 17 at 15:02.
Unread 10 July 17, 17:01   #140
GTR233

Unread 28 July 17, 12:48   #141
bobwilliams

Thumbs up Peter Kutemann and Iradj Alexander favorite horse

... It's this!

http://imgur.com/a/EiaqR
Err, just don't mind Andrea Garbagnati racing there, it's a mistake I corrected after I took the snapshot...(the car is driven by Kutemann and Alexander)

I also took time to fix many little mistakes done in my previous liveries.

#63 2001 Berlinetta finished, next steps, new cockpit and wheel installation... And then there's the black Ferrari to convert to a higher quality graphic (O-Zero Racing, did you find time to paint the 360 or, maybe, you prefer me to start working on that?)

edit: I can't seem to make the picture preview appear here, I have some connection problem since yesterday. Just click on the link to view the news on a new page (don't fear it's IMGUR not some dangerous urls )
Unread 29 July 17, 13:46   #142
O-ZERO_Racing

ah, yeah I'm quite busy with other projects and work. But will take a look after watching Spa this weekend.
Unread 31 July 17, 16:02   #143
O-ZERO_Racing

I'm struggling with the triangle inside the numberplate, it's used in Monza, Brno, Magny-Cours by most of the FIA GT 2001 cars. Could it be something with the Super Racing weekend? It's also on the BBR models.
Unread 1 August 17, 08:49   #144
notsofast

Quote:
...It's showtime!

This livery represents the JMB #62 Ferrari which officialy ran (and won) in the Magny Cours round of the 2001 FiA GT championship. That was when the RWS Motorsport team started to seriously fear the mighty Berlinetta made in Maranello...

Take into account the logos on the left lower side of the car have been put in their respective place afterwards the shots were taken. Ehh, my memory..

... And now I only have to implement its proper driver helmet and suit (whoa, the same must be done on the Spa #62 360 GT as well ) and the work on the #63 will start. After that I will look after that rear bonnet 'block' 360 GT problem you see highlighted in the picture.

My thanks goes once again to LeGhoul for having supplied some logos I missed (and an excellent template as said previously); I'm lucky because he is probably the Ace I missed on the Project. Thanks pal.

Stay connected, updates will follows.
Fantastic! Love the headline in the pic. So true

I got into FIA GT because of EVO magazine, they had a minor sponsorship deal with Veloqx who came along after JMB and ran the 360 in FIA GT so the 360 has a special place in my heart. Ive got the first copy of the mag I ever brought and it had a race report from Barcelona, its at my parents place about 2000km south of where I am at the moment (why is Australia so damn big), I wish I could read it right now. Theres a EVO pic of a 360 going up the inside of a Saleen at the Parabolica at Monza, what year I dont remember. That was a good pic. Maybe its online.

Good on you for taking so much time and effort to recreate the JMB car. I admire that passion.
notsofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 August 17, 21:51   #145
TheNewBob
Uploader

Quote:
I got into FIA GT because of EVO magazine, they had a minor sponsorship deal with Veloqx who came along after JMB and ran the 360 in FIA GT so the 360 has a special place in my heart. Ive got the first copy of the mag I ever brought and it had a race report from Barcelona, its at my parents place about 2000km south of where I am at the moment (why is Australia so damn big), I wish I could read it right now. Theres a EVO pic of a 360 going up the inside of a Saleen at the Parabolica at Monza, what year I dont remember. That was a good pic. Maybe its online.
Veloqx 360 with a Saleen - sounds like 2003. Was also the first year I attended an FIA GT race, at Donington. Also used to adore the 360s from that era (to be fair I adore every car from that era!), there was always one car from JMB that used to make a 'fart-like' sound on every gear change. Could never understand how that happened, didn't ever really hear it again afterwards...
TheNewBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 August 17, 22:26   #146
Maxellero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
there was always one car from JMB that used to make a 'fart-like' sound on every gear change. Could never understand how that happened, didn't ever really hear it again afterwards...
Like this sound?
https://youtu.be/nwoVp_xBnyk?t=5m1s
Unread 2 August 17, 08:43   #147
TheNewBob
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxellero View Post
A bit more like the sound here, at 31 seconds:

https://youtu.be/NVs8nllPwRw?t=25s
TheNewBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 August 17, 12:20   #148
Maxellero

Hmm very interesting sound
Unread 12 August 17, 11:19   #149
bobwilliams

Arrow Project paused - restarts in September

Dear Nogrippers,

I'm happy of the souvenirs I've read in the topic, it's good to see some of you shared good life episodes on this particular car.

Just a quick update:

The project is now paused until September (luckily I finally found a real job, and that's in the automotive sector with the Renault offices here in Rome.. that's just an technical help desk but that's a start at least... )

When I will take back my work on the JMB-Michelotto I will finalise the sound department of the car, especially thanks to GTR223 and his HQ released files for the 360 GT, I will also realise the standalone Spa JMB-Giesse car (until now it has been a mere skin applied to the #62).

Then I will focus on the 2000 JMB-Giesse 360 Challenges. That will be the last part of the mod development. I will upgrade the 3D model, but unfortunately that 3D work will not immediately available in the release but instead as a mere 3d model available only for those dedicated 3d modelers capable and interested in putting the model itself INSIDE the car model (I really hope they will care and share their work with the 'audience') - until now all my efforts in such a direction have been unfruitful; the same philosophy will be applied to the curved rear wing of the 2001 JMB 360 GTs (it will be available as 3d models not installed in our HQ Ferraris).

Last but not least: passion it's very important to me, it's perhaps the only perpetual energy I can share in this world! And not because I'm italiano (I've met scandinavian people far more living than many "southerners" ) but because I find fighting for a love is always repaying! And, I found following one's path can make a person more mature than one might have ever figured. Cars: what a story!

All the best (sorry for grammars, mispelling, I'm going on with haste )
Unread 12 August 17, 17:26   #150
GTR233

hope your new job will be fine, it is definitely not the same level as Ferrari but at least since this month Renault-Nissan has become the world number one car manufacturer