NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > General Discussion > Real Life Motorsport

Unread 6 June 17, 21:21   #1
snookey

Default Robert Kubacia' Heell be Back.

Its official a ex F1 driver by the name of Robert Kubacia who has the tag heel be back on his Facebook account. Is planing a return to F1.

His status as a driver was on the rise tell a tragic accident in a rally car he was driving in the off season. He went over the crest of a steep ledge and in a attempt to get back on the track he had a guard rail T bone the back of his car severing into his inside arm.

A medical attempt to fix his arm went wrong and now when it seems like it would never happen he is working on a return.

He will drive a old Lotus Renault used by the Renault team for promotional work as Lotus and Renault are owned by Tony Fernandez. And the Lotus team is now a factory Renault team.

I wish him all the luck and look out for a book about his ordeal that nearly ended his F1 career.
snookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 June 17, 21:55   #2
DurgeDriven

Renault confirmed Kubica completed 115 laps in Spain

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBp3_UtXYAAOrJo.jpg lol

Seen weirder things happen
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 June 17, 13:26   #3
Roger
TT/3

I love to hear this - little steps, he is getting closer and closer. The guy has a massive positive mindset - love it
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 June 17, 10:18   #4
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
I love to hear this - little steps, he is getting closer and closer. The guy has a massive positive mindset - love it
I bet he could do as decent a job as some I could name......

Pascal, Stoffel, Lance, Jolyon I would toss the lot
Give spots to drivers that are hungry, that can get the most from machinery without breaking it .........and don't worry about their hairdo
Unread 11 June 17, 11:31   #5
Pete Conway

To be honest I feel that there are two youngsters if F1 that should not really be there, Lance Stroll and Jolyon Palmer, neither of those drivers have showed any ability for F1, Pascal Wehrlein is a fair wheelman albeit not on the same level as some of the hot young stars like Vettel and Hamilton were when they came to F1, Ericsson?... jury's out there, he's getting his butt handed to him by the German at the moment.
Robert Kubica is one of those rare birds who has that 'extra' something when in an F1 car, I'd love to see him back in a winning car 'Winning' but I fear if he returns in a Renault wins are less likely.
Pete Conway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 July 17, 20:16   #6
erwin greven

When Gilles Villeneuve would have debuted this season, and had the same behaviour he had in his debute season, he would be slammed the same way as Palmer and Stroll.

Now we know that Stroll has taken one podium. Give the lad some time. He is better than many think he is.
erwin greven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 July 17, 21:18   #7
Pete Conway

Yup, all fair dues to him, he got that podium and deserved it, he also didn't lob it off the track under pressure from Bottas... I humbly remove him from my previous assessment.
BUT lest we forget, Maldonado Won Williams's last race under pressure from Alonso and look what happened there!

I still don't reckon Palmer though
Unread 3 July 17, 21:23   #8
MickeyMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwin greven View Post
Now we know that Stroll has taken one podium. Give the lad some time. He is better than many think he is.
It's hard to say how good he actually is, he's always had by far the best equipment in any series he competed in thanks to his dad's money. He clearly has less experience than a typical rookie, so he certainly has room to improve. As far as Williams is concerned, I don't think they could care less where he finishes as long as the check clears (if the rumors are true, Lawrence is covering 80 million of their 140 million dollar yearly budget).

Last edited by MickeyMouse; 3 July 17 at 21:40.
MickeyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 July 17, 23:36   #9
DurgeDriven

Jury still out on Lance for mine, one good finish does not make the F1 driver

He inherited it when other drivers failed to deliver, it is always the way every now and then someone will get on the podium which in normal circumstances would not be possible.

The years are littered by drivers that took a few podiums and not much more.
Unread 5 July 17, 19:05   #10
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

Olivier Panis in Monaco.....
rookiedaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 July 17, 04:14   #11
DurgeDriven

Yes 3 cars declared finish was it ? ( Frentzen was 4th he retired in the pits )
Pascal, Stoffel, Lance, Jolyon could win that one too lol

What interests me is how many current F1 drivers do people think could have won 2015-2016 in a Mercedes
Unread 6 July 17, 09:41   #12
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

Would depend who the team mate was , being as that was the only realistic competition for the last couple of years...
rookiedaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 July 17, 15:53   #13
dartguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
Yes 3 cars declared finish was it ? ( Frentzen was 4th he retired in the pits )
Pascal, Stoffel, Lance, Jolyon could win that one too lol

What interests me is how many current F1 drivers do people think could have won 2015-2016 in a Mercedes
All of them. Danica would have won races in a Merc.
dartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 July 17, 00:34   #14
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartguy View Post
All of them. Danica would have won races in a Merc.
Most likely
Unread 8 September 17, 13:47   #15
snookey

Quote:
When Gilles Villeneuve would have debuted this season, and had the same behaviour he had in his debute season, he would be slammed the same way as Palmer and Stroll.

Yes but the Race Officials would slam him today. No one cared how the drivers behaved back then. It was entertainment.
There is a thing called the gentleman's code. It died and some of the old men who run the sport miss it.
Unread 8 September 17, 13:54   #16
snookey

We all know why Joylon Palmer is in F1. His dad Johnathan is a ex driver and knows how to navigate politics with those inside the sport. At spa there was a talk to a Mick Schumacher. The surname will get him into F1 as well.
Unread 11 September 17, 10:53   #17
wombat6969

As Sainz appears to be favoured by Renault (at the moment) I think Kubica is on the outer.
wombat6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 September 17, 18:45   #18
Roger
TT/3

Quote:

I will eat my words from earlier in the season - he has shown good solid promise, the lad could be pretty good
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 September 17, 13:55   #19
Pete Conway

According to the BBC F1 website

"If the Kubica plan does not work out, Williams' favoured option is to retain veteran Felipe Massa, with reserve driver Paul Di Resta an outside bet. Sources at the team say they are not interested in Palmer".

I think that Williams Sponsors 'Martini' would get a lot of extra press coverage and TV coverage if Kubica should fill that seat... they gotta have someone over 25 to satisfy the Sponsor so it ain't gonna be another young hot shoe...

The reality this time could be different but, De Resta didn't really set the world alight in the Force India, and Palmer has had two years of getting his butt handed to him at Renault, Massa hasn't really shone this year but has been steady.

Kubica was a hot shoe and during his two race length stint testing the 2017 car matched Palmer's best lap of the race weekend... albeit starting slow and building up, not bad for a bloke who hasn't driven an F1 car for 7 years, the important thing is though, he has the experience and will improve on his fitness and performance and like I said earlier He'll most certainly get coverage.

Good Luck Robert!