NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor 2

Unread 7 September 17, 19:06   #1
pawgy7

Default All the free complete RF2 downloads ???

I see many free complete downloads of RF2 on the internet. Are these Any good ,legal or worth while if you would like to run RF2 without Steam?
pawgy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 September 17, 20:31   #2
DurgeDriven

All BS pawgy and as you browse those links your PC is getting infected
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 September 17, 20:48   #3
pawgy7

Thanks Durge. I dont go there. was only seeing what was out there.
Unread 7 September 17, 21:21   #4
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawgy7 View Post
Thanks Durge. I dont go there. was only seeing what was out there.
Yeah they are all scams

I know the way workshop is set up is a bloody hassle and steam is virtually pointless if you don't want to online .... "still wish I could con you into a session of F3" .............mumble mumble .........

For the life of me can't understand why Studio397 upgrades dropped the ISI_ from name and never replaced it with say S397_

All studio397 are indistinguishable from other content unless you read info box

Why not use a prefix_
Unread 8 September 17, 12:19   #5
BrunoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
I know the way workshop is set up is a bloody hassle and steam is virtually pointless if you don't want to online
Im still running a lovely compact rF2 install without Steam(Build 1098) - but as I understand it there has been some S397 tire model updates that is not available if you dont want to mess with the Steam thingie.
Build 1098 latest non-Steam.
Build 1108 first exclusively Steam.

And I just checked and it looks like its still possible to download the official 1098.
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.p...ailable.52718/

To kind of safeguarding me I have reciewed my rF2 Steam key but have (ofcourse ) not downloaded and installed all the rubbish from Steam. Mainly because that will destroy my non-Steam install and fill my HD up.

Hehe I thought I was lucky and could soon get a more modern racing sim with a comparabel advanced TM as rF2 by buying pCars 2.
But discovered lately that Steam is also mandatory here.

Cruel world
BrunoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 September 17, 15:10   #6
Guimengo
Uploader

Maybe try this?

http://onlineracingchampionship.com/page?id=1
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 September 17, 20:24   #7
syhlif32
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
I tried OCR. The above link!
Not sure it will take a lot of players away from RF,2 but none the less good to see somebody trying to make a race sim.
Graphics are not bad.
Only one track Beltoy but with multiply track lay outs.
Also only one car a openwheeler with plenty of grip
Nice find. Had never heard about it before?
Are there any open source race sims for windows?

I was very much against steam too. Still have some resentment towards Reiza going Steam only after donate $100 to the crowd funding.
But it really isn't that bad and you can get downloaded what you want and then keep steam off line. Do not have to be online to use steam apps.
syhlif32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 September 17, 22:04   #8
Guimengo
Uploader

I've been following it for 3 years. No idea how or when it will progress but I know one of the people who is or was developing it.

About the Reiza fundraiser... No words . Haha.
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 September 17, 10:46   #9
BrunoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
Thanks for the link Gui - never heard of this game.
I dont know if I will install it at the moment but I will sure follow it from now on.

Conserning the Steam thingie then it will depend of the reception of pCars2 if I join.
Because if it can be considered as a more or less fullblown sim (with a rF2 level TM) then I will probably accept the Steam rubbish.
Thats my way of reasoning because at the moment Im more or less satisfied to have a non-online rF2 sim to fall back to when my iRacing membership runs out in a few months.

Hehe after about 5 years membership I really have got a fullblown hate relationship to iRacings TM because you cant use anything from real world driving to assist you in controlling Kaemmers virtual "funny cars".
Unread 11 September 17, 14:00   #10
syhlif32
Premium Member

[QUOTEConserning the Steam thingie then it will depend of the reception of pCars2 if I join.
Because if it can be considered as a more or less fullblown sim (with a rF2 level TM) then I will probably accept the Steam rubbish.][/QUOTE]

I guess you will not go with Steam then? LOL

Quote:
About the Reiza fundraiser... No words . Haha.
Not regretted it. I was really into GSCE at the time special the FVee. Wish that one would come to RF2.
I got a free AMS which I donated to a friend that used a hacked version.
Got the DLC that has come out since + will get a copy of the next game when ever that comes out.
And as a foreign living in Brazil thought I would support a Brazilian company.

But I have no use for broken promises, Steam, VR and animated drivers!
Unread 11 September 17, 14:22   #11
pawgy7

And I just checked and it looks like its still possible to download the official 1098.
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.p...ailable.52718/

Thanks "BrunoB. I am trying this now. Maybe i will just be able to just uninstall the steam version. I assume all the downloads (Packages) will work with this. how do you use the packages? they do not show up in the mod manager that is installed with this with this demo.

Last edited by pawgy7; 11 September 17 at 15:35.
Unread 11 September 17, 17:43   #12
BrunoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawgy7 View Post
Thanks "BrunoB. I am trying this now. Maybe i will just be able to just uninstall the steam version. I assume all the downloads (Packages) will work with this. how do you use the packages? they do not show up in the mod manager that is installed with this with this demo.
Be aware pawgy that Im absolutely!!! no expert in the rF2 - Steam combination.
But be also aware that at least if you (as me) have the old ISI rF2 installed (build 1098 as example) and then install an rF2 Steam version - then the Steam install in some way "destroy" your old rF2 non-Steam install.
Thats the reason I have recieved BUT NOT ACTIVATED my rF2 Steam key.
So without knowing it I think you have to completely clean your puter for any Steam remains (files + registry keys) before trying to get the good old non-Steam rF2 1098 installed.

@syhlif32
Hehe conserning the comming pCar 2 then I dont really know what to hope for in relation to the urgent car behaving (read TM).
Im following the crazy guy behind the pretendracecars.net site and if he can be taken as a somewhat "serious" witness then pCar 2 could be some kind of racing sim.
But I will absolutely not spring aboard before I read a lot of reviews of the final product.
NOTE: Something inside me are ironically whisteling: This comming pCar thing cannot be worse than the laughtable iRacing thingie.
Unread 11 September 17, 20:44   #13
pawgy7

Very good answer BrunoB. I installed both the demo and the light and the demo only worked with2 cars . The lite did not run at all saying I had to install the demo with it. I am leaving ti alone as i already had the big Steam installed with all the cars and tracks. Thanks for the info.
Regards
Pawg7
Unread 12 September 17, 12:14   #14
BrunoB

Hey pawgy the question about a possible parallel install with both a rF2+Steam and a non-Steam build 1098 rF2 is a rather tricky one.
In my situation that is the normal one with an allready functioning non-Steam rF2 the answer is obvious. > NO!
Because ISI and S397 admits(warning) that the Steam/rF2 install will make the non-Steam install unuseable.

But in your situation it is the opposite - you have a functioning Steam+rF2 install but are wondering if you could install a simple non-Steam rF2 install without messing the Steam one up.

None of us knows - and if I were you I would probably not test it out - but maybe a simple non-Steam rF2 install would NOT(!!) touch your functioning Steam+rF2 install.

Rethinking: If I was in your situation I would probably test it out. But only if I could make a 100% mirror backup of both my C: and the partition where the Steam+rF2 install remained before the test.
Using as example Acronis genuine backup thingie.
But thats just me. For you I would not advice you to test it out.
Unread 12 September 17, 14:02   #15
BrunoB

By the way.
Conserning pCars 2 whether it can be considered a sim then here is the latest socalled development gameplay.
Pretty impressive if you ask me - eventhough it is only running on a standard PS4.

If only rF2 and iRacing did look half as good graphically and sound half as good as this then I had only iRacings TM to criticize.

Hehe maybe Ill never have to install the Steam version of rF2
https://youtu.be/lSt1HdKHIQo
Unread 12 September 17, 17:59   #16
syhlif32
Premium Member

Was kind of joking with Pcars2 not an a sim. I got PCars 1 and while it is pretty buggy and for me unfinished? It also got some good tracks and mods. And can also be good fun and that is really what it is about!
I just wonder if PCar2 comes out before the preorder for Pcars3 ?
Unread 12 September 17, 21:24   #17
DurgeDriven

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoB View Post
Rethinking: If I was in your situation I would probably test it out. But only if I could make a 100% mirror backup of both my C: and the partition where the Steam+rF2 install remained before the test.
Using as example Acronis genuine backup thingie.
But thats just me. For you I would not advice you to test it out.
Existing steam folder and content will run from any fresh OS

Personally I am not a fan of Steam but I would not go back to non-steam even if I could

You miss out on car updates, new models, tracks..... yadda yadda
Unread 13 September 17, 10:51   #18
BrunoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
Was kind of joking with Pcars2 not an a sim. I got PCars 1 and while it is pretty buggy and for me unfinished? It also got some good tracks and mods. And can also be good fun and that is really what it is about!
I just wonder if PCar2 comes out before the preorder for Pcars3 ?
I think I got your humorously ment point - and I fully agree that the main thing conserning a racing sim (or game) is the fun you get out of it.
It is probably obvious that I have NOT tried pCars 1 but taken from all the videos the 1 version allready had a very competent graphical engine.
The reason Im eagerly looking forward for this version 2 is mainly to hear if the cars are behaving with some kind of "realism" - hehe which is the reason I ā€ˇscrap my 5 years "investment" in iRacing.

Conserning a pCars3 - haha come on isnt the version 2 published in 1 or 2 weeks?