NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > Files > Downloads

Unread 2 November 17, 15:26   #1
System
Automated Poster

Default GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH for GTR2 by GTR233 and friends

GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH v8.1 by GTR233 and friends
------------------------------------------------------

This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v16.04 (update your archiver if it tells you that archive is damaged)
Control integrity of the archive with md5 checksum = D1065E58E6772E28D0A37EA7C575F289

Description :
-------------
This GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH contains ALL-in-1 MODS/PATCHES for GTR2 (no options here except language) :
- OFFICIAL SIMBIN update v1.1
- MS Dx9 last update from 2010 package
- NO-CD by RELOADED with 4GB PATCH by Daniel Pistelli : GTR2 is more than 10 years old now and keep on using this old precious DVD of GTR2 in the DVD tray may possibly get it scratched/damaged. Moreover, it is been more than 10 years now that this NO-CD is available at nogrip so I suppose that SIMBIN tolerates its usage (otherwise they would have forced admins/moderators to remove it long time ago). So for both reasons, I decided to include it in order to make a full single patch with 4GB RAM enabled (1.8 GB by default) which helps to load HQ MODS
- GTR2 HQ MODS COLLECTION v8.0 by GTR233 (note that neither ENBseries by B.Vorontsov, nor HQ F360 WAV SOUNDS are included here so download GTR2 HQ MODS COLLECTION if you want them)
- GTR2 New Gfx v1.6 by syhlif32 (patch for Dx9 shaders, see included txt readme)
- GTR2 UI MOD by DucFreak (16/9 - 10th Anniversary edition, see included pdf readme)

Disk space requirement : 1.16 Go

ATTENTION: GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH will overwrite stock files so make a backup first or make a second GTR2 install (recommended) on your hard disk (see install process below)

No online mismatch (stock cars/tracks files are not modified and still available)
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 November 17, 15:35   #2
System
Automated Poster

Default A new version is uploaded

Version 8.0 of "GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH" is uploaded. View the file details
Unread 4 November 17, 12:52   #3
streckensau

Thank you very much for such commitment. Thanks indeed to all you car guys involved - this is amazing stuff. There are not so many apps available with a ten years success coming with it.

So GTR2 and the Simbim engine can´t be that wrong even today with all these blingbling race games around
streckensau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 17, 13:19   #4
JoelRR

Awesome patch!! Many thanks for it
JoelRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 17, 13:19   #5
saistalab

Gigantic
saistalab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 17, 14:28   #6
rcbill28

Thanks to all!
rcbill28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 17, 14:40   #7
greenp
Premium Member

greenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 17, 14:55   #8
gtr7

Thank you very much.
gtr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 17, 16:12   #9
bobwilliams

An act of love toward THE simulator and the community.

Thanks a lot!!!!! I wish you can get x10 times in life of what you uploaded in this site.

P.S.: Personally this is the only sim I am using today, except for GTL, so... I believe you truly deserve my words, I just read a PCARS2 review and I can say I am more than happy of sticking with GTR2!)
bobwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 17, 16:21   #10
vcorp

vcorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 17, 17:00   #11
NukeFPE

Hard to believe GTR2 is 10 year old. I remember when the original GTR was ground breaking. Thanx so much for your dedication, hard work & sharing this with the community! Long Live GTR2!
NukeFPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 17, 17:20   #12
DucFreak

I'm not really a fan of some choices for the new modified files, but that's part of the idiossincracies with mods, I suppose.

To be more precise, the cubemaps that were chosen (the one for paint in particular) make for some very strange contrast in certain situations (bright colors are ok but dark colors are not, f.ex., blacks are no longer blacks). There are dozens of paint cubemaps around but, for example, the one by 6e66o (in particular the one used in P&G v3) is still the most perfectly balanced you can find, thoroughly tested/proven in all conditions and with all colors.

Also, I'm confused by the exclusion of the darkened showroom floors, which were designed to be combined with the new showroom background of the GTR2 UI Mod(??).
Keeping the original bright showroom floors (with the cardboard cut shadows) make things look cartoony (ugly, IMHO) in the showroom.

But, anyway, these are small (personal) nitpicks.

I think this is the best compilation of mods that users will find for GTR2.
The newcomers (and returners) have now most of the work cut for them - it doesn't get better or easier than this. A must have, it's that good.

Last edited by DucFreak; 5 November 17 at 02:35.
DucFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 17, 21:32   #13
DurgeDriven

thanks
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 November 17, 08:39   #14
GTR233

thanks for comments

No problem DucFreak, I will make some changes :
- about cube maps, I included high reflective version so agree that it is nicer on clear color than dark ones, it is a balance to find. I will include a mix with less reflective version for 8.1 update. Keep in mind that I have made them with enbseries enabled which increases contrast so I set cube maps to keep max details : we can see the difference between clean/dust on dark area (whereas these same dark areas are all black without details with some other cube maps) and white are not burnt... Meanwhile I will test 6e66o version as you recommend : do you have a link or are they all included in PnG3 ? (I have sent pm to 6e66o for asking permission in case I find them better)
- about showroom floor, to make short, I have extracted yours in order to add a 10th anniversary logo... but in the end I did not like what I have made... and I have totally forgotten to re-add an expo floor, so yes we can see white lines with stock expo floor on the border my bad so It will be fixed in 8.1. Do you authorize me to add the expo floor from PnG3 ?

Last edited by GTR233; 5 November 17 at 09:05.
GTR233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 November 17, 09:27   #15
Ira_Takamachi

Gonna make a second install to use this mod
Ira_Takamachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 November 17, 13:24   #16
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR233 View Post
thanks for comments

No problem DucFreak, I will make some changes :
- about cube maps, I included high reflective version so agree that it is nicer on clear color than dark ones, it is a balance to find. I will include a mix with less reflective version for 8.1 update. Keep in mind that I have made them with enbseries enabled which increases contrast so I set cube maps to keep max details : we can see the difference between clean/dust on dark area (whereas these same dark areas are all black without details with some other cube maps) and white are not burnt... Meanwhile I will test 6e66o version as you recommend : do you have a link or are they all included in PnG3 ? (I have sent pm to 6e66o for asking permission in case I find them better)
- about showroom floor, to make short, I have extracted yours in order to add a 10th anniversary logo... but in the end I did not like what I have made... and I have totally forgotten to re-add an expo floor, so yes we can see white lines with stock expo floor on the border my bad so It will be fixed in 8.1. Do you authorize me to add the expo floor from PnG3 ?
Hey, no worries.
Notice that me nitpicking have nothing to do with permissions.
You have my authorization to use and modify everything and anything you need from the GTR2 UI Mod for this, as you wish.

About the files, check your PM.
DucFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 November 17, 10:11   #17
System
Automated Poster

Default A new version is uploaded

Version 8.1 of "GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH" is uploaded. View the file details
Unread 6 November 17, 14:06   #18
vcorp

vcorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 November 17, 20:59   #19
DurgeDriven

Thank you
Unread 7 November 17, 05:06   #20
Darien

Shoutout to the people still playing this awesome game
Darien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 November 17, 18:51   #21
Tauroto

Bonjour et merci bien...

et salut Ă  tous ))
Tauroto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 November 17, 23:53   #22
tolarewein

Beautifull... thanks!!
tolarewein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 November 17, 17:49   #23
bobwilliams

Um, one question: does this release contain the GTR2 Reborn Project advanced physics, or one has to swap the .hdc/.eng/.car files by himself?
bobwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 November 17, 18:49   #24
marmagas

I dont think this patch has to do with physics changes bobwilliams.
marmagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 November 17, 02:45   #25
MAR1

Question: does it work for 2GB ram?
-How to put in Spanish.
-You have an explanatory and detailed video.
MAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 November 17, 10:17   #26
GTR233

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilliams View Post
Um, one question: does this release contain the GTR2 Reborn Project advanced physics, or one has to swap the .hdc/.eng/.car files by himself?
No GTR2 reborn included, otherwise it would have been quoted in credits list
Just because some people do prefer NAP mod (question of taste), so I prefer to let default cars and tracks as stock (and to avoid online mismatch).
You can easily apply Reborn or NAPmod over 10th Anniv Patch/HQ MODS COLLECTION without any problem because HQ cars and tracks are renamed as HQxxxx, so you will only overwrite stock cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmagas View Post
I dont think this patch has to do with physics changes bobwilliams.
I have modified physics of HQ cars and tracks : I would say something between Reborn and NAPmod. It is a complete set of modifications and not only visual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR1 View Post
Question: does it work for 2GB ram?
-How to put in Spanish.
-You have an explanatory and detailed video.
what can do more can do less, so of course it will work with only 2Gb RAM (my old pc has got only 2Gb FYI). The problem is for people who have 4Gb and more : without 4Gb Patch the game will use 1.8Gb max whatever amount of RAM available.
To use Spanish, go to -Extra lang- folder then enter SPANISH folder : select all files, copy-paste inside GTR2 folder (windows should ask you to overwrite existing files so click yes for all).
Explanation is the included readme.txt

Last edited by GTR233; 11 November 17 at 10:43.
Unread 11 November 17, 22:36   #27
analogkid66
Artist & Sim Track Maker

Beautiful!!
analogkid66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 November 17, 23:45   #28
george4203

Absolutely awesome...thanks so much
george4203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 November 17, 12:42   #29
celestin

celestin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 November 17, 23:26   #30
tdacon

Hi, folks -

I just did a clean install of GTR2 from the DVD, downloaded and unzipped the GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH and, following the COPY-PASTE-OVERWRITE instructions, copied the unzipped directory tree over the GTR2 directory. Afterwards, still following the instructions, set compability and granted Administrator permissions to specified exe files. (also ran GTR2config.exe as instructed).

When I start up the modded GTR2, i get the splash cutscene, and then error dialogs start popping up one after another. Here are the first two:

Options frame add error
could not load 'BCKGRND_2004maser960x600.bmp'

Options frame add error
could not load 'BCKGRND_emptytrack_960x600.bmp'

I searched both the GTR2 directory tree, the backup I'd made of the clean install, and the patch directory tree and there are no files with names similar to this anywhere.

I'm not on a gaming machine but it's got fairly high-end specs:
Intel i7-6700K cpu @ 4.00GHz
24 GB of memory
Win 10 X64
Nvidia GTX 970, 4096 MB GDDR5, driver 387.92

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
tdacon is online now Report Post
tdacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 November 17, 08:54   #31
DurgeDriven

Not sure, I use Anniversary + HQ Collection but just tested patch for you

Here is stock GTR2 + patch, seems fine

Unread 13 November 17, 08:58   #32
GTR233

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdacon View Post
Hi, folks -

I just did a clean install of GTR2 from the DVD, downloaded and unzipped the GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH and, following the COPY-PASTE-OVERWRITE instructions, copied the unzipped directory tree over the GTR2 directory. Afterwards, still following the instructions, set compability and granted Administrator permissions to specified exe files. (also ran GTR2config.exe as instructed).

When I start up the modded GTR2, i get the splash cutscene, and then error dialogs start popping up one after another. Here are the first two:

Options frame add error
could not load 'BCKGRND_2004maser960x600.bmp'

Options frame add error
could not load 'BCKGRND_emptytrack_960x600.bmp'

I searched both the GTR2 directory tree, the backup I'd made of the clean install, and the patch directory tree and there are no files with names similar to this anywhere.
You certainly not have overwritten all files IMO but only language files and this is why the new ui cannot find the new files.
when you unzip the downloaded archive with 7zip/winrar, you should get a folder named <GTR2 10TH ANNIVERSARY PATCH BY GTR233 AND FRIENDS> so double click on it to enter this folder, SELECT ALL FILES + FOLDERS (ctrl+A) then COPY (ctrl+c) and go to your own GTR2 install (should be in STEAMAPPS\COMMON\GTR2 directory if you have bought it via steam) in order to paste files/folders (ctrl+V) : at this step windows MUST ask you if you want to overwrite existing files and you must click YES FOR ALL. If windows doesn't ask you that then you paste files in the wrong folder.
Only after copy-paste all files, you can apply language patch :
enter -GTR2 LANG. OPTION- then double click on your own language (French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish), SELECT ALL FILES+FOLDER and copy-paste in your GTR2 game directory : agan windows must ask you if you want to overwrite files/folder so answer YES FOR ALL.
Hope it helps

Last edited by GTR233; 13 November 17 at 14:59.
Unread 14 November 17, 00:22   #33
tdacon

GTR233, I repeated the patch and made sure that I copied everything. It worked this time, and thanks.
tdacon is offline   Reply With Quote