NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > Files > Downloads

Unread 12 November 06, 12:29   #1
System
Automated Poster

Default geditor.zip 0.35 for GTR2 by inconnu

geditor.zip 0.35

A utility for packing and unpacking GTL and GTR files.
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 November 06, 12:35   #2
System
Automated Poster

Default A new version is uploaded

Version 0.35 of "geditor.zip 0.35" is uploaded. You can view the download page for it here
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 December 06, 21:01   #3
boostin2g

Can someone help me out here. What does this do? No I have not downloaded it yet.
boostin2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 July 07, 14:21   #4
richiespeed13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostin2g View Post
Can someone help me out here. What does this do? No I have not downloaded it yet.
i think it lets you edit car skins or something. Yuou've been waiting an answer for 8 months! Now you have a possibly correct answer.
richiespeed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 July 07, 16:14   #5
Horus
Uploader

Default Lol

That's what I like to see someone answering a question, poor b***er must have had no sleep since asking the unanswered. I think if they were waiting though they would be long dead and have run up a huge broadband/electricity bill.
Good on you though, I hate it when nobody answers my questions, I'm sure this must be the longest time someone has waited for an answer. A medal is in the post.
Horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 October 07, 22:50   #6
richiespeed13

LOL, you have been waiting 3 months for my reply to your reply to my reply...*grins*
Unread 11 October 07, 09:09   #7
Horus
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiespeed13 View Post
LOL, you have been waiting 3 months for my reply to your reply to my reply...*grins*
I reply to your reply on a reply you replied to as soon as I could reply. I hope this reply will stop any more replies about your initial reply to the reply. Reply soon.
Unread 11 October 07, 11:46   #8
richiespeed13

well, as you replied to the reply i replied to a reply that had no reply, i guess i should reply to your reply to my reply to your reply to my reply to the first reply. Good to know you replied to my reply to your reply to my reply to that reply the next day i wasnt expecting that! Reply to my reply to your reply to my reply to your reply to my reply to that reply soon! lol.
Unread 11 October 07, 15:53   #9
Horus
Uploader

Default In reply to your reply...

Replying to your reply has ended in responding to your reply which replied to many replies, therefore I must still reply to your reply about the reply that was replied to in your reply replying to the reply that was replied. I hope my reply has not caused you to reply to your reply that was replying to a reply that I sent. I have now replied enough and have enjoyed our replies and hope this reply will be sufficient and suffice to cover your reply. Take care buddy I hope to hear your reply soon. :p
Unread 25 October 07, 15:32   #10
Citizen_Insane

Can anyone tell me how to extract the *.gtr files into their .gmt components? When I open a gtr file from GTR2 in geditor I get an error when I try to extract the GMTs. Any help here?
Citizen_Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 08, 23:05   #11
richiespeed13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post
Replying to your reply has ended in responding to your reply which replied to many replies, therefore I must still reply to your reply about the reply that was replied to in your reply replying to the reply that was replied. I hope my reply has not caused you to reply to your reply that was replying to a reply that I sent. I have now replied enough and have enjoyed our replies and hope this reply will be sufficient and suffice to cover your reply. Take care buddy I hope to hear your reply soon. :p

Going by the fact i have not replied to your reply to my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply, for about 6 months, i decided i would reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply, to let you know i have not gorgotten about replying to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply! Ihope you reply to my reply your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply very soon!!!
Unread 15 May 08, 08:04   #12
sunalp2
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Going by the fact i have not replied to your reply to my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply, for about 6 months, i decided i would reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply, to let you know i have not gorgotten about replying to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply! Ihope you reply to my reply your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply my reply to your reply very soon!!!
I just saw your reply and in doing so I'm going to reply to Citizen_Insane who has been waiting for a reply for six months. I hope he sees my reply as boostin2g has not returned to see if anyone replied to his initial question.

I hope all these people are still alive and in good health.

And actually the first reply was sort of right but not quite right.

It doesn't let you edit skins, it lets you put them in and out of the GTL & GTR files that you see in the cars folders. It is a way of packaging large 3d files so they take up less space on your hard drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane
Can anyone tell me how to extract the *.gtr files into their .gmt components? When I open a gtr file from GTR2 in geditor I get an error when I try to extract the GMTs. Any help here?
Just ignore the error message and keep on going. After two error messages in a row it opens.

Then, if you don't get the EXTRACT arrow (blue), just use the INPUT arrow (green) then cancel that, and all options will become available.

I will now press SUBMIT REPLY.
sunalp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 June 08, 14:39   #13
Slowman

Any description?

(Description added - sunalp2)

Last edited by sunalp2; 26 June 08 at 12:40. Reason: Description added
Slowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 June 08, 12:27   #14
The_Baker

i like all the replies, cos it is annoying when no one replies, i have just dled this thing and will use it i hope i dont have any questions as waiting 8 months for a reply will make me cry for 8 months, i suppose i cud use my time machine to go forwards and check if i get any replies, but as yet i dont need any cos i aint used it yet. thnx for your reply, it took 3 months for me to get a reply to the question i post up next month.
Unread 20 September 08, 13:37   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunalp2 View Post

I just saw your reply and in doing so I'm going to reply to Citizen_Insane who has been waiting for a reply for six months. I hope he sees my reply as boostin2g has not returned to see if anyone replied to his initial question.

I hope all these people are still alive and in good health.

And actually the first reply was sort of right but not quite right.

It doesn't let you edit skins, it lets you put them in and out of the GTL & GTR files that you see in the cars folders. It is a way of packaging large 3d files so they take up less space on your hard drive.

Just ignore the error message and keep on going. After two error messages in a row it opens.

Then, if you don't get the EXTRACT arrow (blue), just use the INPUT arrow (green) then cancel that, and all options will become available.

I will now press SUBMIT REPLY.
Hi Sunalp2 - I hope you see this response - its only been 5 months or so since it was posted.
GEditor allows viewing of the **.DDS AND **.TGA files but **.GMT files still remain closed.
Additionally, I do not see either the blue or green arrows, the only blue and green arrows are associated with "Open GTR file" and "Import a File" - which I have tried opening and cancelling, but the results still do not allow opening any **.GMT files.
All **.DDS, **.TGA , **.GMT files are gMotor MultiTriStrip "Type" files in the editor, but again I cannot open the **.GMT "Name" files.
What am I missing here?

Unread 20 September 08, 13:53   #16
sunalp2
Grease Monkey

You need 3dSimED to open up the GMT files.

Geditor is only for GTL & GTR files.
Unread 20 September 08, 17:36   #17
freddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunalp2 View Post
You need 3dSimED to open up the GMT files.

Geditor is only for GTL & GTR files.

Thanks for the clarification and the timely response
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 December 08, 20:50   #18
LeadFoot2U

I can only assume this is the funnest thread on the forum!!!!! Any more like this one and I'll fall out of my chair.

Kudos to Sunalp2 for the information, at least someone gets down to the proper answer!!

No reply necessary.
LeadFoot2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 December 08, 23:28   #19
sunalp2
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot2U View Post
I can only assume this is the funnest thread on the forum!!!!! Any more like this one and I'll fall out of my chair.

Kudos to Sunalp2 for the information, at least someone gets down to the proper answer!!

No reply necessary.
How could I not reply to this?
Unread 4 February 09, 08:32   #20
altimeters

do i still need 3dSimED just for skinning?
thanks
altimeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 February 09, 08:48   #21
Humpfester
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by altimeters View Post
thanks
no
Humpfester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 February 09, 09:39   #22
tarkus07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpfester View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by altimeters View Post
thanks
no
That was a short reply!
tarkus07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 09, 19:09   #23
dadada1

Once you've unpacked this from winrar what do you do with the dll files ? Is it okay to leave them on the desktop or should they be placed somewhere?
dadada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 09, 00:26   #24
sunalp2
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadada1 View Post
Once you've unpacked this from winrar what do you do with the dll files ? Is it okay to leave them on the desktop or should they be placed somewhere?
Just make a folder called Geditor and leave it wherever you want.

I've got mine on the C: drive.

I must have a different version because it was already in a folder.
Unread 12 May 09, 11:11   #25
dadada1

Thanks, thats what I did already but accidently on purpose if you get my meaning.
dadada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 09, 11:45   #26
Horus
Uploader

Default Dear Replier

Quote:
I retort as your reply is just too many replies. Replying to a reply without mentioning the reply that was replied to has left me confused about which reply you are replying to. I hope my reply finds you well take care my friend.

P.S. If you race in GTR Evo I found a great site email me and I will introduce you take care bud.
Unread 10 July 11, 15:42   #27
baz82
Banned at own request

how the hell do you use this? there no read me telling how to use it
baz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 July 11, 04:16   #28
sunalp2
Grease Monkey

Create a folder named Geditor wherever you want.

Unpack the file in there. And run the .exe.

Then you can open the gmotor (GTL & GTR) files.
Unread 25 July 11, 09:08   #29
Horus
Uploader

Not sure if this helps or makes it more difficult to understand, but if you are skinning GT Legend cars you need to change .GTL file extentions to .GTR so for example you would change the name from '90418_ULTRA_TEX.gtl' to '90418_ULTRA_TEX.gtr' and vice versa when saving them.

The quickest way is to make sure you can see file extensions, either via the 'Tools' 'Folder Options' in explorer or by going 'Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Folder Options\View' then untick 'Hide extentions for known file types'. Then you can see all file extensions and be able to change them at will.

More confusion creates more learning.
Unread 11 September 11, 09:18   #30
Sipespeed

Thank you ...
Sipespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 July 12, 12:43   #31
bmwz4gt3

canīt install Geditor, becaus I get an "Warning",that Geditor has a problem and must be stopped!

sorry for that bad english, Iīm german...
bmwz4gt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 July 14, 06:45   #32
Dfight

how to use it ?
Dfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 July 14, 06:53   #33
SilverSYlph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfight View Post
how to use it ?
Extract the geditor folder and run the geditor.exe then find you gtr file and extract it so you can look at the raw .dds file.
SilverSYlph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 September 14, 21:04   #34
autodelta

Thanks
autodelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 January 15, 21:38   #35
RACECAR

So I recently downloaded this and it works on my laptop. When I looked at the skins, they're all this greyish color (For instance, I looked at the Old Viper skins and instead of seeing that Red with white stripes, I just see a grey car). How do I get the livery itself to show up more clearly?
RACECAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 November 17, 10:10   #36
mirko017

I think this is a very old version...(0.35)....!!!
It doesn't work wit all .gtr files.
I can open only those .gtr files which contain only .dds objects.
But if I try to open a .gtr file containing .gmt objects I always get the error message:
"GMT 1.00 decoder error: Range check error"
and then:
"Access violation at address 0050507D in module 'GEditor.exe'. Read of address 00000020."
mirko017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 November 17, 12:50   #37
nezeiges
Uploader

This is perfectly normal.
Geditor is used to add, remove or change files wich are present in the GTR files, it can not open GMT files it can only show you DDS files.

If you want to open GMT files you will need the 3DSimed program.

If you read post 15 and 16 there this was already mentioned
nezeiges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 November 17, 13:58   #38
fisheracing
Ancient Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirko017 View Post
I can open only those .gtr files which contain only .dds objects.
But if I try to open a .gtr file containing .gmt objects I always get the error message:
GMT 1.00 decoder error: Range check error.
And then:
Access violation at address 0050507D in module 'GEditor.exe'. Read of address 00000020
If you want to add or replace .gmt files in the .GTR or .GTL MASFiles and the MASFile has only .gmt files packed in it, add a .TGA or .DDS file to it and save. Only then can you access the .gmt files from within.

I just add a black.dds file to the .GTR or .GTL MASFile, save, and there you have it.
fisheracing is offline   Reply With Quote