NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > Leagues > Sunday Night Racing

Unread 1 December 17, 17:51   #1
cap7
Premium Member

Default SNR - Sun 3rd Dec - GTL BMW M1 Gr5 + Pantera Gr5 + Mustang GTX @ Johor

SNR - Sunday 3rd December - GT Legends BMW M1 Gr5 + DeTomaso Pantera Gr5 & GTX + Ford Mustang Cobra GTX @ Johor

Track: Johor

Cars: BMW M1 Gr5 (all) + DeTomaso Pantera Gr5 (#35) & GTX + Ford Mustang Cobra GTX

Car and track pack here.

Qualifying: 19:00 GMT (60 mins)
Race: 20:00 GMT (32 laps)

Password: Malaysia

Server: * NG SNR

Thanks to DerDumeklemmer & Zero-G for the track and Brickyard Legends Team for the cars.

Last edited by cap7; 3 December 17 at 11:02.
cap7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 December 17, 22:50   #2
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

Oh dear, load cell has failed, will need to get one on order and install before getting online again.....
rookiedaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 December 17, 11:26   #3
cap7
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiedaz View Post
Oh dear, load cell has failed, will need to get one on order and install before getting online again.....

Don't go getting the Fanatec one though, you can get them for a few quid off ebay, John can let you know what sort you need and how to replace.
Hasn't this happened before though? I seem to remember this from a few years ago.
cap7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 December 17, 11:33   #4
johnw

The ebay ones tend to last me about a year. A little bit of soldering required to put the right connector on them. I'll try to find the listing I used last time, or I can quite easily put one in the post - I've got a box full!
johnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 December 17, 15:07   #5
seniordan

Wondered what a load cell would be. Wikipedea helped me out :
Quote:
A load cell is a transducer that is used to create an electrical signal whose magnitude is directly proportional to the force being measured. The various types of load cells include hydraulic load cells, pneumatic load cells and strain gauge load cells.
......eeehhh? crystal clear of course but how does this relate to a pc steeringwheel? Take mine apart and you'll see ?
seniordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 December 17, 15:10   #6
Nappe1
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by seniordan View Post
Wondered what a load cell would be. Wikipedea helped me out :......eeehhh? crystal clear of course but how does this relate to a pc steeringwheel? Take mine apart and you'll see ?
Pedals. You apply pressure to the pedals, which is then turned to the voltage that steering wheel electronics then turn to the Usb signals.
Nappe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 December 17, 15:59   #7
seniordan

Are we talking about the pot. meters or is it the electronics behind them ? or neither ? ( a fool can ask more questions in a minute than a wise man can answer in a life time !)

I sense this going to be an interesting thread..... any contributions, either sensible or completely lunatic will be highly appreciated

ps. I love the prospect of the upcoming championship, Lasse........
Unread 4 December 17, 16:15   #8
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

There is no pot on the Clubsports brake pedal to give the braking signal Dan, there is a load cell that translates the pressure applied and the signal is given that way instead of a mechanical potentiometer. The pedals connect to the pc via their own USB cable and have their own setup functionality etc, so have very little to do with the wheel voltages....To be fair, it is the original one that came with the pedals and has therefore lasted 9 years, so I can't really complain.

I did try to order a couple from Fanatec last night immediately upon realising it was failed, but the webstore would not let me for some reason unknown to man, woman, child or binary code. Therefore, if you do know where to purchase said item from with or without connector John that would be fantastic. I'm quietly hoping this goes some way to explaining my utterly abject performance in recent weeks....
Unread 4 December 17, 16:48   #9
johnw

Here you go:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IP65-YZC-1...-/272104729532

You can get the original one out without having to take the pedals apart - Undo one of the grub screws and lever the metal bar up inside the housing with a flathead screwdriver so that it's not touching the load sensor (can take quite a bit of effort), then you'll be able to pull it out.

Be careful when unplugging it from the circuit board - the connector on mine was quite fragile and I had to ease it out gently with a screwdriver and a pair of needle nose pliers.
Unread 4 December 17, 21:23   #10
seniordan

Guys I can't thank you enough for this thread and boosting my moral. For years I have felt a mediocre failure always leaping behind you insanly fast aliens , until now I found the greater part of your successes depended merely on superior material ! Haven't felt so happy in years. You wait till Dom and I decide to do a solid investment into some superior pedal- and wheelstuff too. That 'll stir some drivers' minds I can tell you!

Anyway interesting read about the pedals etc, a territory unknmown to me. Good luck with the operation Daz.
And John, as a non native speaker I was intrigued by the "needle nose pliers" - a device to pick hair out of your nose? Nah...I know what they are but all the same....

Cheers, Dan
Unread 4 December 17, 21:30   #11
Geoffers
Premium Member

Did you try my Mustang setup Dan? Was it any help?
Geoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 December 17, 22:20   #12
johnw

Quote:
a device to pick hair out of your nose?
I'm fast approaching the age where I need some of those as well Dan
Unread 5 December 17, 02:59   #13
Dominiek

Quote:
Guys I can't thank you enough for this thread and boosting my moral. For years I have felt a mediocre failure always leaping behind you insanly fast aliens , until now I found the greater part of your successes depended merely on superior material ! Haven't felt so happy in years. You wait till Dom and I decide to do a solid investment into some superior pedal- and wheelstuff too. That 'll stir some drivers' minds I can tell you!
Oi! When did I get involved in this? Speak for yourself! AS if I'm at the back every week...

Oh wait....

Scrap that. Load Cell Privilege it is!
Dominiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 December 17, 17:05   #14
seniordan

Geoffers, I going to try your set up Wednesday and I am sure it'll help improve my laptimes by some tenths. In all honesty I know my limitations and I am quite happy with the hierarchy within our small band of drivers. But it feels so good to kick up some dust from time to time.
Thanks for letting me have it ,Geoff.

See you all on Wednesday.

ok, one last one: Maybe not the the Panterra beast this time Dom
Unread 6 December 17, 09:17   #15
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

Thanks John, have ordered but looks like they are going to take over a week to get it from Walsall to Cheltenham, must be walking it down the M5.....