NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2 > GTR2 Cars/Skins

Unread 6 December 17, 11:19   #451
99dk

A tip of conversation with 3dsmax -> 3dsimed.
I was used to using the obj format
Why becuse its simple, dosent destroy any qaulity and keeps the smoothing in 3dsmax as it is in 3dsimed.

But then you have to make sure in 3dsimed that you delete the additional extra vertices..
Sometimes 3dsmax handles obj conversation abit wired and makes 1 set of vertices count as 2.. This will end up making the mesh being alot larger and heavier in its file size.

3dsimed as a option that allow you to delete/remove doubles without destroying quality.

I used to use zmodelr to ship the obj to gmt and into 3dsimed. But i dont do it anymore cause you can jsut fix the misalignment and rotation by yourself. (3dsimed can open obj.)

It will look wired and fliped in its origin axle.. But you cange some parameters and rotate the model into its correct direction.
99dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 December 17, 19:33   #452
bobwilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dk View Post
A tip of conversation with 3dsmax -> 3dsimed.
I was used to using the obj format
Why becuse its simple, dosent destroy any qaulity and keeps the smoothing in 3dsmax as it is in 3dsimed.

But then you have to make sure in 3dsimed that you delete the additional extra vertices..
Sometimes 3dsmax handles obj conversation abit wired and makes 1 set of vertices count as 2.. This will end up making the mesh being alot larger and heavier in its file size.

3dsimed as a option that allow you to delete/remove doubles without destroying quality.

I used to use zmodelr to ship the obj to gmt and into 3dsimed. But i dont do it anymore cause you can jsut fix the misalignment and rotation by yourself. (3dsimed can open obj.)

It will look wired and fliped in its origin axle.. But you cange some parameters and rotate the model into its correct direction.
Really? I can't remember if I tried converting the .3ds file into an .obj to work with it. I tried so many ways with 3DS Max '15 while progressing with the Project I simply cannot remember anymore!

I will try this experiment of yours... In January, definately yes. Just take into account I have the version of 2015. I hope it will do the trick.

Am I wrong or the .obj format is particularly "low on weight" (MBs) ?

I would like to help in the FiA GT 1998 mod once my effort is done (but it will be probably too late and everything already released before next June )

P.s.: many thanks dk99. I don't know if you just solved my problem with the 3D, but should it be so... I would be verrrry grateful.
bobwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 December 17, 23:33   #453
SilverSYlph

Skin progress has slowed down due to me trying to learn all this stuff on the side, which will probably lead to me changing stuff with some cars down the road, how long thatll be, I dont know. Most of the work gets done during weekends, only about an hour or 2 during weekdays.

There will be work to do though in the future that I'll need help with. 2 big to do lists that im contemplating doing is
1. Actually making the new Bitter GT1 front and rear clips using F302's model as a base since the main chassis in the middle is identical to the Lotus.
2. Finding a better S14 model, modifying it and converting it. The more I look at the Trackaholics one the more dissatisfied i am with it and dont want to use it.

S14 will probably come first as i'll mainly be using it as my Frankenstein learning model which will hopefully get me enough knowledge to try a proper shot at the Bitter. Which then leads into UV mapping which leads into templates and the lists goes on.....Gotta start somewhere I guess

I use Photoshop CC 2014 btw bob, i have no idea what paint shop pro even is lol.

Anyways a very rough WIP, tempted in the design with 3D and now i gotta go back and touch it all up.

Last edited by SilverSYlph; 7 December 17 at 01:57.
SilverSYlph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 December 17, 17:22   #454
Maxellero

Nice, my only attempt in more serious 3d modelling was when I tried to make proper widebody for Maserati Quattroporte Evo but lack of time and motivation made me leave this project.
Maxellero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 December 17, 16:42   #455
JERACERX

I spied this 964 at Hungaroring, what are we gonna do about it?
JERACERX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 December 17, 16:50   #456
SilverSYlph

That is the Bovi Motorsports car which is actually labeled wrong on the rsc website so good catch, the BPR mod has a 964 in it so that will do. So far it looks like it only has Bovi logos on it in the front and back so it'll be very easy to do.

I contacted Bovi's FB page so we will see if anything comes from it. I have terrible luck when it comes to contacting teams and them actually replying lol.

Last edited by SilverSYlph; 10 December 17 at 17:40.
Unread 10 December 17, 19:23   #457
JERACERX

Here's a back view of the car, you're right about it just saying Bovi
Unread 10 December 17, 21:08   #458
Maxellero

For BOVI you can check 1999 Monza race, there are some good shots and it looks similar.
Unread 10 December 17, 23:34   #459
JERACERX

I also got this in car view of the car from behind
Unread Yesterday, 00:19   #460
JERACERX

I'd say this version of the 964 in BPR looks like it'd work the best, genstring 11071220
Unread Yesterday, 06:28   #461
alexmezza
Premium Member

Except rearwing...
alexmezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 10:35   #462
SilverSYlph

Bovi came through and sent me a picture and there is a few more logos on it. So this is a first for me haha.
Unread Yesterday, 11:45   #463
Maxellero

Porsche 964 Bi-Turbo has correct rear wing
Unread Today, 00:06   #464
SilverSYlph

Here is the pic Bovi sent me. I need a font for the Olkeramik and whatever those red and white logo's are, or i can leave those off since it didnt actually race with them. I already have the old bovi logo and the Hajdu logo.

Btw does anyone have the 964 Template anywhere? The trippteam server has been down for awhile and that was my goto.

Unread Today, 06:31   #465
alexmezza
Premium Member

Hungaroring '98 :

alexmezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 08:51   #466
Crimson764

Maxellero is right. The correct wing is on the Bi-Turbo 964, but it would need different physics. As I don’t believe the BOVI car is a Bi-Turbo. Also I think esports racing has the BPR mod but I don’t know if it has the templates with it.
Crimson764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 17:00   #467
SilverSYlph

I have the RSR with the correct wing and made a new shading layer for the car I just don't wanna make another template again lol.

I might leave the Facom and red and black logos off because clearly in the race they arnt on there.