NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2

Unread 17 July 12, 20:27   #1
Luisito963

Unhappy GTR2 Mods wont show up. Help!!!

EDIT: SOLVED Thanks Tkrau, secarnot and TICTOC (Also you Quertreiber)

Title says it all but here some info of my mods

FIA GT3 2010 mod for GTR2
Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 GTR2

NO more mods I install them all on the folder that fia gt3 mod creates
(../GTR2/Gamedata/Teams/FIAGT32010 (Including the lambo))

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!

Last edited by Luisito963; 18 July 12 at 15:44. Reason: SOLVED!!!
Luisito963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 July 12, 20:35   #2
Tkrau

This might help...taken from a GTL thread here some time ago (not my work, I just copied it then), but it applies to GTR as well except for the 'rolling video' bit; in GTR2, if you can't see the car in the showroom something's wrong with the install -

-----------------------------------

I’ve noticed quite a few people have a Crash To Desktop on track load up. Usually this is the result of problems associated with installing add-on cars. The cause of this is when the incorrectly installed car is chosen for an AI opponent. This can make the CTD random and even more confusing.

Different modders pack their cars differently, and some include files like TALENT files. These talent files are usually the ones which cause problems if they are in the wrong place.

The best way to install a car is to create a TEMP folder in your main GTL directory. When you download a new car, put the zip file into the TEMP folder and select: EXTRACT HERE. Now you can see the contents of the zipped file that you have just downloaded.

Read the Read Me if there is one. :p

Now it’s time to look at the unpacked folders, and see what files you have. If there is no Talent folder, open the Car folder and check for an .rcd file (this is a talent file, with a Drivers name.) If there is an .rcd file in the car folder, cut and paste it into the TALENT folder in your main GTL directory. If there is a talent folder do the same with the contents of that folder (cut and paste contents into TALENT).

This is the directory structure: GTL/GameData/Talent

Now just Cut and Paste the car folder (Car Number) into the correct folder for your chosen add-on car. As an example for the directory structure we will use an Austin Healey.

This is the directory structure: GTL/GameData/Teams/GTC-65/Austin Healey 3000

Now you can clean up any unwanted folders or files in the TEMP folder, ready for your next install.

The best way to check that the car is installed correctly is to start up your game, go into Single Player, go into Car Dealer, and select the Car that you have just installed. If it shows up in the rolling Video, it's installed correctly, if it doesn’t, go back and check the car folder for any errors, or added files. If you do this each time you install a group of add-on cars you will only have a few cars to check at any one time.
Tkrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 July 12, 20:59   #3
Luisito963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkrau View Post
This might help...taken from a GTL thread here some time ago (not my work, I just copied it then), but it applies to GTR as well except for the 'rolling video' bit; in GTR2, if you can't see the car in the showroom something's wrong with the install -

-----------------------------------

Iíve noticed quite a few people have a Crash To Desktop on track load up. Usually this is the result of problems associated with installing add-on cars. The cause of this is when the incorrectly installed car is chosen for an AI opponent. This can make the CTD random and even more confusing.

Different modders pack their cars differently, and some include files like TALENT files. These talent files are usually the ones which cause problems if they are in the wrong place.

The best way to install a car is to create a TEMP folder in your main GTL directory. When you download a new car, put the zip file into the TEMP folder and select: EXTRACT HERE. Now you can see the contents of the zipped file that you have just downloaded.

Read the Read Me if there is one. :p

Now itís time to look at the unpacked folders, and see what files you have. If there is no Talent folder, open the Car folder and check for an .rcd file (this is a talent file, with a Drivers name.) If there is an .rcd file in the car folder, cut and paste it into the TALENT folder in your main GTL directory. If there is a talent folder do the same with the contents of that folder (cut and paste contents into TALENT).

This is the directory structure: GTL/GameData/Talent

Now just Cut and Paste the car folder (Car Number) into the correct folder for your chosen add-on car. As an example for the directory structure we will use an Austin Healey.

This is the directory structure: GTL/GameData/Teams/GTC-65/Austin Healey 3000

Now you can clean up any unwanted folders or files in the TEMP folder, ready for your next install.

The best way to check that the car is installed correctly is to start up your game, go into Single Player, go into Car Dealer, and select the Car that you have just installed. If it shows up in the rolling Video, it's installed correctly, if it doesnít, go back and check the car folder for any errors, or added files. If you do this each time you install a group of add-on cars you will only have a few cars to check at any one time.
The problem is... not of my mods have an rcd
Unread 17 July 12, 21:14   #4
Quertreiber

The rcds have nothing to do with that. You don't need rcds as long the original GTR2 rcds are in the talent folder.
Take a look at your gamedata folder. There should be a file called FIA GT3 2010.gdb (maybe the name is slightly different). Without a .gdb a mod doesn't show up.
Quertreiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 July 12, 21:21   #5
Luisito963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quertreiber View Post
The rcds have nothing to do with that. You don't need rcds as long the original GTR2 rcds are in the talent folder.
Take a look at your gamedata folder. There should be a file called FIA GT3 2010.gdb (maybe the name is slightly different). Without a .gdb a mod doesn't show up.
It is there
HELP!
Unread 17 July 12, 21:48   #6
Luisito963

Also I forgot to say i got gtr2 1.1
Unread 17 July 12, 23:15   #7
Tkrau

Tell us what you have done...that way we won't have to guess at what may be wrong. Be specific.
Unread 18 July 12, 00:14   #8
Luisito963

ok the FIA GT MOD was like this I unzipped

Then the gallardo

And the game looks like this PD:I moved all the other cars to an folder, so I still have them
PDD:The ferrari is the 1.1 patch vehicle

Unread 18 July 12, 01:33   #9
secarnot

Just tested this mod on my install and it runs fine

Regarding the pictures you send there was an error when installing the lambo extension, you should have extracted it into "FIAGT3 2010\Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 Teams" and you extracted in the root "FIAGT3 2010"

More on that I'm not sure it's the same lambo (the lambo GT3 seems to be for standalone gallardo GT3 mod and the FIA mod may use different stuff)

The problem is : none of theese issues should normally prevent you from selecting a car in the showroom

Do you select the right classes ? I noticed that there is a typo mismatch in the classes selector, you must select "WorldGT.org FIA GT3 2008" to have the cars showed up

You may try to reset your selected car : open your .PLR file ( <gtr2path>\UserData\<your player name>\<your player name>.plr )

clear the following entries in order to have this on beginning

[ TRACK ]
Track File=""
Track Description=""
AI Database File=""

[ DRIVER ]
Profile Vehicle File=""
Vehicle File=""
Reserved Vehicle File=""

then save the .plr file and retry

if you still have issue, setup a debug link on your gtr2.exe
create shortcut and modify it to add args like this :
<gtr2 path>\GTR2.exe -trace=9
then run the game, try to select a car, and after this : exit the game and open following file :
<gtr2 path>\UserData\LOG\trace.txt
usually it prints the reason of error, copy us the end of the file (let's say 25 last lines) so we can have a look.

but first, try to test clearing the PLR

Last edited by secarnot; 18 July 12 at 01:53.
secarnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 July 12, 05:30   #10
Tkrau

Quote:
Originally Posted by secarnot View Post
Do you select the right classes ?
Good point there - it took me AWHILE to realize that there were class selection tabs/buttons/click-on thingies on the initial selection page...I was sure that I had borked my mod installs also until I realized what those were for.

And definitely set up a trace/debug on your launcher...if you don't need it now, you may need it later on and it will already be in place.
Unread 18 July 12, 10:14   #11
TICTOC
Uploader

I think you're having this problem.....

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...11&postcount=2
TICTOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 July 12, 12:21   #12
Luisito963

Quote:
Do you select the right classes ? I noticed that there is a typo mismatch in the classes selector, you must select "WorldGT.org FIA GT3 2008" to have the cars showed up
Quote:
Good point there - it took me AWHILE to realize that there were class selection tabs/buttons/click-on thingies on the initial selection page...I was sure that I had borked my mod installs also until I realized what those were for. Me 2 boy
Quote:
I think you're having this problem.....

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...11&postcount=2
Thats it boys here it is

Wrong class selection XDDD
Unread 18 July 12, 15:37   #13
Tkrau

There ya go!
Unread 5 December 17, 17:47   #14
vallespir

I also have a problem with a GTR2 mod by speedster63: Porsche 924 Carrera GTS

Link: http://speedster63.blogspot.de/search/label/Porsche

The car does not show up in the menu although I installed it correctly. Here the path:
Gamedata/Teams/Youngtimer-Race-Weekend/Porsche 924 Carrera GTS

The 2 patch files for graphic fix, I also installed correctly in the Porsche 924 Carrera GTS folder (just overwriting)

But the problem stays. I have even required the verifying process under my Steam account.

But the Porsche 924 cars won't show up under the own title "Youngtimer-Race-Weekend" or in any other selected classes. Other mods in the "Youngtimer-Race-Weekend" class show up. Can somebody help?

Last edited by vallespir; 5 December 17 at 18:31.
vallespir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 December 17, 22:54   #15
jgf

My first thought is to check the .car files for those cars to see if the proper classes are listed.
jgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 December 17, 08:40   #16
blackskull101

I've just downloaded and installed this car. It works - it shows up under "Youngtimer-Race-Weekend" class, it shows up in the showroom. I've made several laps on one track - everything is working ok.

If the car doesn't show up under the "Youngtimer-Race-Weekend" class maybe the problem is in the "SIM_Youngtimer_Race_Weekend.gdb" file in your GameData folder. Did you extract this file from "Porsche_924_Carrera_GTS_V1_0_GTR2_by_speedster63. 7z" archive, or you have older version from other car mod?
If you have older version of that file from older mod the porsche 924 might not be included in it.
blackskull101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 December 17, 14:36   #17
vallespir

Thank you for your time.

Yes, I downloaded it from origin (Mediafire; Link by speedster63) 5 days ago.

"SIM_Youngtimer_Race_Weekend.gdb" (picture attached)
https://ibb.co/hbcSVG

"81021_P924C_GTS.car" (picture attached)
https://ibb.co/h3FLjb

Other mods by speedster63 appear in the "Youngtimer-Race-Weekend" class but not this Porsche 924. This Porsche 924 does also not appear in any other class.
Unread 6 December 17, 17:23   #18
blackskull101

Well, gdb and car files look ok. Strange that the car doesn't show up.

Edit: I've just noticed something - in gdb file there is a mistake in class name - "Game Name = Youndtimer Race Weekend". It's not very likely, but this might be the reason car doesn't show up with other cars in the same class.

Last edited by blackskull101; 6 December 17 at 19:12.
Unread 6 December 17, 20:41   #19
vallespir

Regarding "Youndtimer Race Weekend"... Yes, one spelling mistake by the author. But it doesn't matter. I changed it to g. It doesn't change the situation. The problem stays. As I said, other mods by speedster63 are shown in the "Youngtimer-Race-Weekend" class. Very strange. But one day..
Unread 7 December 17, 11:19   #20
pistoncup
Uploader

I just tested the mod and it works fine .
You say steam GTR2 install . do have Ferrari's and Porsche's enabled .
pistoncup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 December 17, 14:35   #21
vallespir

Yes, I have Steam GTR2

What do you mean exactly with Ferrari and Porsche enabled? Do you mean to enable them in a specific file? But which one?

Very good point with Ferraris and Porsches...: I installed the Ferrari 308 GTB by this author speedster63 in the requested class: "Youngtimer-Race-Weekend"

And you have right: This Ferrari also doesn't appear in this class! (Shotscreen attached) . ..and it doesn't appear in any other class if someone is suggesting to verify other classes.

Other cars, as I mentioned, show up.

Where I have to enable Ferraris and Porsche?

https://ibb.co/bAta0G

https://ibb.co/kZQoLG Line78: the specified classes are OK in my view

Last edited by vallespir; 7 December 17 at 14:47.
Unread 7 December 17, 14:47   #22
blackskull101

Look at this thread:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh....php?p=1772480
Unread 7 December 17, 17:07   #23
vallespir

@blackskull101 This was the decisive hint/link! Those 2 extra files need to be installed. It works now! Thanks a lot!
@pistoncup: Thanks a lot for the decisive hint to install a Ferrari to verify the process.
@Ferrari fans: now you know I did not have installed Ferrari before. Now you can relax: There are 3 in the garage

Great guys here
Unread 7 December 17, 22:38   #24
harvestmouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistoncup View Post
I just tested the mod and it works fine .
You say steam GTR2 install . do have Ferrari's and Porsche's enabled .
Good shout.
harvestmouse is offline   Reply With Quote