NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor

Unread 2 December 17, 08:06   #1
gtr2fans0330

Default Hotkey for "Rescue" or "Reset car" ?

When the car is out of track or can not move because of blocking by objects, we can press "E" to put the car back to the track side.
But I can not find similar hotkey in rfactor.
Anybody know how to rescue when my car cannot move in rfactor?
Thank you~
gtr2fans0330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 December 17, 16:07   #2
jgf

I just "ESC" and restart. "Reset" in all sims of my experience puts you back on track with cold tires and the fuel amount specified in your setup anyway, so the only difference is starting back in the pits rather than near where you were on the track.
jgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 December 17, 22:51   #3
gtr2fans0330

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgf View Post
I just "ESC" and restart. "Reset" in all sims of my experience puts you back on track with cold tires and the fuel amount specified in your setup anyway, so the only difference is starting back in the pits rather than near where you were on the track.
OK, thank you.
Unread 4 December 17, 17:02   #4
Emery

You jogged my memory... there's a "hand of god" feature which turns cars upright and/or puts your car back on the ground if it falls off the edge of the world. That's turned on by default, but maybe yours got turned off?

Anyway, in your .PLR file, you'll see the following lines which can be edited to change the behavior as you wish:
QUICK CrashRecovery="3" // 0=none, 1=artificially keep cars on track, 2=flip cars upright, 3=both
MULTI CrashRecovery="3"

However, if you've found yourself walled in by fences... well, no, ESC is the only way out.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 December 17, 13:25   #5
gtr2fans0330

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
You jogged my memory... there's a "hand of god" feature which turns cars upright and/or puts your car back on the ground if it falls off the edge of the world. That's turned on by default, but maybe yours got turned off?

Anyway, in your .PLR file, you'll see the following lines which can be edited to change the behavior as you wish:
QUICK CrashRecovery="3" // 0=none, 1=artificially keep cars on track, 2=flip cars upright, 3=both
MULTI CrashRecovery="3"

However, if you've found yourself walled in by fences... well, no, ESC is the only way out.
"The hand of God" is turned on, but God never save me from walling by fences. So the ESC is exactly the only thing I can do.
Thanks for your reply.