NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Assetto Corsa

Unread 8 January 18, 17:49   #1
pawgy7

Default AI_hints.Ini question.

What does AI_hints.ini do? is anyone using this in track data?
pawgy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 January 18, 22:16   #2
pawgy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawgy7 View Post
What does AI_hints.ini do? is anyone using this in track data?
I am not sure anyone races Assetto corsa and posts on this web site. I also think many of you race with the Original AC and not he one that is on Steam right now. completely different sims.
Unread 10 January 18, 06:24   #3
Guimengo
Uploader

AC was never able to hold my interest for more than a few days at a time, and that interest was fully driven by certain cars being released. I never bothered to delve deeper into any game files beyond in-game testing to see how far off they were with downforce/aero levels on Group C or F1 cars.

Like you wrote, you won't find much help detailed Assetto help here, you'd have to venture to other forums. And there's no such thing as original and current Assetto.
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 January 18, 06:48   #4
DurgeDriven

Quote:
I am not sure anyone races Assetto corsa and posts on this web site. I also think many of you race with the Original AC and not he one that is on Steam right now. completely different sims.
I thought AC has always been on Steam and you are notified of all pending updates, everyone gets the same
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 January 18, 07:30   #5
pistoncup
Uploader

AI_hints.Ini if adjusted can only make AI faster by 10% max . some tracks wont take 10% because of tight turns , high speed braking to a near stop like Longford .

click the panel with the circled box to adjust. check the track grip and set slider to optimum adjust temp temperature . 22 - 24 degrees celcius .

realism box click it turn on heated tyre blankets .

Turn on the tyre temp app . do this on track , mouse to the right look for the TT circle near the bottom . click so it's lit up .

what car track combo are you driving ?

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by pistoncup; 10 January 18 at 09:08.
pistoncup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 January 18, 15:10   #6
Guimengo
Uploader

pistoncup, I thought lower temperatures were always the ideal? Those hotlappers priding themselves on super fast laptimes wouldn't run anything higher than ~10º C.
Unread 10 January 18, 15:13   #7
pawgy7

I'm sorry but the Apps being part of the on track game is about the Dumbest thing i have ever seen in a so called sim. You need to remember 100 things and if you try to use them in the game you either wreck or get way behind. So i am just about ready to give up on AC. Thanks for your post. Automobilista and rf2 and even Race room are so much easier to have a good competitive race. And I still have very little traction in Ac and nothing much in the way of adjusting it.
This is defiantly a game for the guys with $350 wheels and all the latest race game goodies and the 20 to 30 year olds. All that leaves me out.

Those hotlappers priding themselves on super fast laptimes
Unread 10 January 18, 15:44   #8
Guimengo
Uploader

I wish you hadn't wasted your $$ on it but instead on hardware. You could try reaching out to Steam asking for a refund, saying you tried everything to make the game work for you but was unable to.
Unread 10 January 18, 16:50   #9
pawgy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
I wish you hadn't wasted your $$ on it but instead on hardware. You could try reaching out to Steam asking for a refund, saying you tried everything to make the game work for you but was unable to.

Thanks for the encouraging words Guimengo but my wife says i am just getting to be an old Grouch, I could save a few dollars but I really do not have that much invested in Ac. And I really do not intend on investing in $250 in a new wheel at my age. I will just keep griping and struggeling with what i have. I probably am getting my moneys worth in any case.
Unread 10 January 18, 17:00   #10
pawgy7

[QUOTE=pistoncup;1956349]AI_hints.Ini if adjusted can only make AI faster by 10% max . some tracks wont take 10% because of tight turns , high speed braking to a near stop like Longford .

What if i make the bottom number below 1 instead of higher.
Unread 10 January 18, 19:19   #11
Guimengo
Uploader

Quote:
Thanks for the encouraging words Guimengo but my wife says i am just getting to be an old Grouch, I could save a few dollars but I really do not have that much invested in Ac. And I really do not intend on investing in $250 in a new wheel at my age. I will just keep griping and struggeling with what i have. I probably am getting my moneys worth in any case.
Don't worry about a new wheel yet, main thing is GPU and CPU. With another $350 or so, benefiting from promotions, you can get yourself playing with very nice graphics (vs now) and FPS on your current games, and still be ok for the near future.
Unread 11 January 18, 04:40   #12
pistoncup
Uploader

[QUOTE=pawgy7;1956368]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistoncup View Post
AI_hints.Ini if adjusted can only make AI faster by 10% max . some tracks wont take 10% because of tight turns , high speed braking to a near stop like Longford .

What if i make the bottom number below 1 instead of higher.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downlo...-tracks.14758/
VALUE=XXX is how much faster the AI shall drive (0=0%; 1=100%; 0.5=50%).

I checked a couple of my downloaded tracks and I cant find a AI_hints.Ini file .
From my Googling "What does AI_hints.ini do" that file is a mod that makes ai faster .
move or delete that file and see what happens . Ai should slow down .

Last edited by pistoncup; 11 January 18 at 04:54.
Unread 11 January 18, 06:02   #13
pistoncup
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
pistoncup, I thought lower temperatures were always the ideal? Those hotlappers priding themselves on super fast laptimes wouldn't run anything higher than ~10º C.
I'm Australian . 20 's is the norm except winters in Canberra and Tasmania . I've only come across low temps online in public servers and the tracks are slippery and tires don't warm up . I've never done serious hot laps, only races .
Unread 11 January 18, 14:41   #14
Guimengo
Uploader

I've done my laps in my videos between 20º-30º but I read the guys who'd go for world records ran 11º or less.