NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2

Unread 19 December 17, 22:04   #1
kunc

Default NVidia Inspector with GTR2, GTL, and Race-On

I went back to GTR2 today and found that my NVidia Inspector settings are no longer taking affect. When started, all three sims went to the Configuration/ Video Setup screen as typically happens when a new driver is installed.

I haven't updated either NVidia Inspector or my Video Drivers. However, I suspect NVidia pushed something through about a month or so ago as I now have "3D Vision Photo Viewer" installed on my system. Note that I do not have my video drivers set to auto-install.

I tried deleting my GTR2 profile and rebuilding it in NVidia Inspector, but the setting aren't taking affect, resulting in terrible "jaggies".

Help?!
kunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 December 17, 22:31   #2
DurgeDriven

If you use W10 it will replace drivers and stuff every config.ini in all sims ( even if you tick that box never download drivers ) It only started doing this recently

Why I use OVGME to activate
So you don't have to change 30 config.ini each driver update, instead all sims use the same config.ini
Tell me that don't save time ! (assuming you have many gmotor installs that is )

I use 4 resolutions in all my gmotor ( GTL GTR2 rFactor Automobilista )
1366 ( for working on mods with tools open so no alt-tab bs )
1920 Fullscreen
2560 and 3840 for Nvidia DSR

Not only that the config.ini mods also adjusts Mapplugin and XD automatically to match size and position to each resolution ! More time saved !

edit:

After you set up new driver

1.Open Nvidia Inspector and import my settings

https://mega.nz/#!a05XzB6Z!-1QFqXk4I...TotH44UAAXT8UM

All gmotor should be smooth as

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 19 December 17 at 23:07.
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 December 17, 01:22   #3
kunc

Thanks DurgeDriven ... I'll look at it tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.
Unread 20 December 17, 06:41   #4
DurgeDriven

If you see no jags in showroom along fine lines like wing you know you on right track

Some think my negative LOD is too high ( - 1.000 )

That is 1366x768 screen above and nothing looks blurry does it ?
I think less sharp is better with ENB/sweetfx but I don't know why

@ 4K res it looks lol

DSR

edit:

Oh yeah original reason I posted lol

If you have Automobilista remove the AMS profile set AA now in AMS Config

Click on AMS profile then click on Nvidia logo " restore current profile to NVIDIA defaults "
Unread 20 December 17, 08:01   #5
JB57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
If you see no jags in showroom along fine lines like wing you know you on right track

Some think my negative LOD is too high ( - 1.000 )

That is 1366x768 screen above and nothing looks blurry does it ?
I think less sharp is better with ENB/sweetfx but I don't know why

@ 4K res it looks lol

DSR

edit:

Oh yeah original reason I posted lol

If you have Automobilista remove the AMS profile set AA now in AMS Config

Click on AMS profile then click on Nvidia logo " restore current profile to NVIDIA defaults "
Hello,

Thanks for posting your NVI profile.
What is your in game settings for AA in Gtr2 in config.ini.

Best regards
JB57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 December 17, 11:53   #6
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB57 View Post
Hello,

Thanks for posting your NVI profile.
What is your in game settings for AA in Gtr2 in config.ini.

Best regards
Hi

Using Nvidia Inspector to set AA you disable AA in GTR2 menu

Unread 20 December 17, 15:31   #7
kunc

The problem for me, is that NVidia Inspector is not applying the settings to those 3 gmotor games. Terrible jaggies even with your profiles added.

It is working for GPL, NR2003, and NR2003/GTP

I downloaded and installed the latest version (2.1.3.10) to see if that was the problem. No luck!
Unread 21 December 17, 13:44   #8
kunc

Okay DurgeDriven,
Using the DSR setting in the NVidia Control Panel that you explained in your previous post, I'm able to run GTR2 at a resolution of 3840x2160. Along with the 4x AA from the GTR2 Configuration, GTR2 looks acceptable (though not as good as with the NVidia Inspector Profile) and yields a good frame rate. So I can live with that. Thanks for that tip

I'm still puzzled as to why the NVidia Profile Inspector settings aren't taking affect. Perhaps the next step is to try a refresh of the video driver?
Unread 21 December 17, 15:22   #9
Pete Gaimari

I have the same Nvidia problem of AA not being fully applied. Every sim has jaggies that drive me crazy. It's not like AA isn't being applied at all. It's just not being applied fully.

All I can run with no jaggies is GPL with original Papy physics and no GEM. If I try any mod with GEM I get jaggies. It has something to do with what exe I use. If I use the gpl.exe I get jaggies. If I use the gpl67c.exe it's perfect without a hint of a jaggie.

Something happen with either Win 10 or Nvidia to cause this. So, I can't run anything but GPL and the original 67 F1 cars. No problem, because that's pretty much what I run in GPL anyway, but not being able to run any other sim bothers me. I have 20 sims on Steam I can't use anymore. I have an up to date gaming system going to waste on 36fps GPL.

Before anybody says anything. I've tried every manageable graphics setting in sims and Nvidia control panel. Nothing works.
Pete Gaimari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 December 17, 15:47   #10
Zipdrive

I feel for you guys. A friend just started having these same issues with his DX9 games and we've been looking for a solution as well.

Some report that the Windows 10 Fall update did something and running the older DX9 games in windowed mode allows everything to work again. We've yet to try this as it's only a band-aid fix.

Have any of you fellas tried it ?
Zipdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 December 17, 17:00   #11
kunc

Thanks Zipdrive.
I did a quick test in GTR2, and it does appear that my NVidia Inspector settings are applied while in windowed mode (selected from the GTR2 Configuration.exe). One problem that I found is that in windowed mode, the "Load Last Saved" button in the lower right corner cannot be accessed. It the windows header at the top nudges the content screen down, and the window can't be resized to fit the monitor. Never really used that feature anyway, so I guess I'll have to live with it.

Just using DurgeDriven's DSR setting, the "jaggies" for me are still quite evident in the white lines along the margins of the track. Not a good look at all. Boo to Microsoft if this is due to one of their updates!
Unread 21 December 17, 17:08   #12
kunc

I just tested with DSR in Windowed Mode. Doesn't work as the in-game resolution now doesn't fit the monitor. Rather, the "window" is now HUGE ... 3840x2160 I'd guess.

For the record: Windows 10, NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (driver version: 388.13)

Last edited by kunc; 21 December 17 at 18:28.
Unread 21 December 17, 17:27   #13
Zipdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunc View Post
I did a quick test in GTR2, and it does appear that my NVidia Inspector settings are applied while in windowed mode (selected from the GTR2 Configuration.exe).
Thanks for testing the windowed mode Kunc. I'm still on good old Win 7 using the 385.69 drivers and all is fine with my system so when my friend gets back after the holidays we'll try the windowed mode on his Windows 10 rig and in the meantime hopefully either Microsoft or Nvidia will get this sorted out.

Boy would that be a piss-off if all DX9 titles had to suffer this because of no real fix.

There is a borderless window utility that either Durge or Duckfreak mentioned some time back. You may be able to use that to help GTR2 display the menu properly without cutting things off.
Unread 21 December 17, 18:24   #14
Pete Gaimari

It's not just DX9 for me. PC2, AC all of them have the problem. The same for flight sims. DCS, IL2 BOS etc.
Pete Gaimari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 December 17, 18:30   #15
kunc

I'd be interested in the borderless window utility that DurgeDriven or Duckfreak recommended.
Unread 21 December 17, 19:02   #16
Zipdrive

Found an older copy (v9.1) on my external HDD. I think this is the one mentioned.

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming

Older and Newer versions.

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases
Unread 21 December 17, 19:07   #17
kunc

Yes, here's the nogrip thread:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...derless+window

Tried it, and it works ... I'm much happier. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by kunc; 21 December 17 at 20:08.
Unread 21 December 17, 20:25   #18
Zipdrive

Yep, that's the thread.

Apologies to syhlif32 who was the one who originally shared that info. With both Durge and Ducfreak posting in that thread I couldn't remember who started it.

Glad it's working Kunc. The flippin' things we have to do just to fix up the big boys screw ups.
Unread 21 December 17, 21:49   #19
kunc

Just FYI, I cannot get Race On (not the Steam version) to run in windowed mode. I check the box in the Config.exe, but when I start the game, it's not in a window. When I go back to the Config.exe, the box is back to being unchecked.
I've also changed the parameter in the Config.ini to "WINDOWEDMODE=1". Still doesn't work.
I'm Running Compatibility as Administrator (tried Windows XP, 7, and 10). Unlike GTR2 and GTL, the Configuration files are located in "My Documents". Seems like that caused problems with GTR2/GTL when they were installed under Windows 10.

I did Control/Alt/Delete to minimize the game, then added it to "Borderless Windows". But the NVidia settings aren't taking affect. Hideous!!!

Tried searching for a solution, but not much coming up.
Unread 22 December 17, 02:41   #20
Zipdrive

I don't have Race On or Win 10 so I can't offer any first hand advise.

Do you have that UAC security setting turned off in Windows. Maybe it's causing the Config.ini file to not accept your changes.
Unread 22 December 17, 05:22   #21
DurgeDriven

No Inspector .... lol

Inspector

Play around with settings as results will change with drivers etc

If you use W10 and you do all updates it will overwrite your driver and reset inspector at least mine did and that was with box ticked not to download drivers

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 22 December 17 at 05:40.
Unread 22 December 17, 05:43   #22
DurgeDriven

Never got this to work ..............

Quote:
You can use this patcher to clamp negative LOD bias - Nvidia Display Driver Patcher.exe
Patcher should work with 275-337 series driver.

Download it in folder "C:\123\"
Copy file - nvd3dum.dll from "Windows\SysWOW64\" in "C:\123"
Run patcher and click "Patch"
Copy patched nvd3dum.dll from "C:\123" in game folder where you want to get clamped negative LOD bias.

64-bit driver uses other dll - nvd3dumx.dll
So you need another patcher for this file - Nvidia Display Driver Patcher x64.exe
• Download it in folder "C:\123\"
• Copy file - nvd3dumx.dll from "Windows\System32\" in "C:\123"
• Run patcher and click "Patch"
• Copy patched nvd3dumx.dll from "C:\123" in game folder where you want to get clamped negative LOD bias.

For rFactor2 x64, patched nvd3dumx.dll should be placed in "rFactor2\Bin64" folder.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downlo...x64-guzz.7083/
Unread 22 December 17, 13:28   #23
Zipdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
Never got this to work ..............
Wonder if it's a Win 10 thing or that the current released Nvidia drivers just ignore the patched code.

I have used it with Win 7 and the older 385.69 drivers and have noticed a slight difference when I place the patched files in the game folders. More so with the DX9 version. I was going to go back further to the 337 series drivers to see if their was any difference but thought to heck with it, all looks fine as it is.
Unread 28 December 17, 20:08   #24
kunc

Okay ... I fiddled around with Race On and got it to open in a window. With the Borderless Window Utility, I can now run it with the same quality as GTR2 and GTL, albeit not with the same graphic quality as with the NVidia Inspector settings.

I changed the compatibility to Windows 7, and I allowed additional permissions, specifically:
Right Click on Icon/Properties/Security Tab/SYSTEM/Edit/Allow Full Control. Full control was unchecked. I did this for both the Config.exe and the Race07.exe. Not sure if it was the change to compatibility or security, and don't care to experiment any further.

Works for me. One reason why I stick with the older titles (GPL, NR2003/GTP, GTR2, GTL, Race On) is an appreciation for all of the work the modders have done, and all of the effort that I've done to implement the add-ons, ai, graphics etc. Amazing stuff really.

I do subscribe to iRacing and have a lot of content, but I'm too slow to have much fun And I find the constant bashing of anyone who makes a mistake both intimidating and off-putting.
Unread 10 January 18, 17:28   #25
kunc

So I went back to GTR2 after about two weeks, and now that program won't run in "Windowed Mode" as accessed through the GTR2Config.exe.

I check "Windowed Mode", start GTR2 and notice right away the the nVidia Profile hasn't taken affect as evidenced by the extreme "jaggies".

Go back to the GTR2Config.exe and the "Windowed Mode" is unchecked! I've tried setting permissions, tried changing the config.ini to read only, and tried running in Windows 7 compatibility (which apparently worked for Race On). But it won't work for GTR2!

GTL and Race On still hold their settings ... it's only GTR2!

I know something has changed as all of my SimBin Configurations had reset to their defaults. Video Driver is the same, but I have installed two new simulations via Steam ... that's the only thing that I have changed.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Unread 10 January 18, 17:52   #26
kunc

SOLVED: I accidentally chose 1920 x 1090 16 bit instead of 32 bit.

Found the solution in a nogripracing forum post. Thanks nogripracing!
Unread 11 February 18, 23:28   #27
NEChris

In Windows 10 you can run GTR2 full screen with AA working (so without jaggies). After searching around I found this thread: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threa...s-update.2646/

I have set the Antialiasing Compatibility for my GTX 1060 in nvidiaProfileInspector to "0x0000F0C1 (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl)"

Perfect image quality now...

Last edited by NEChris; 12 February 18 at 16:18.
NEChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 February 18, 15:57   #28
kunc

Which post number NEChris?
The last post in the referenced thread still talks about having to run in a border-less windowed mode. That's what I'm still doing.
Thanks.
Unread 12 February 18, 16:17   #29
NEChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunc View Post
Which post number NEChris?
The last post in the referenced thread still talks about having to run in a border-less windowed mode. That's what I'm still doing.
Thanks.
Post #14:
A user on the NVIDIA forum has found a workaround to fix this issue (first post edited to mention this), and have AA working in fullscreen mode. Quoting his message below. I can confirm that using NvidiaProfileInspector to set AA Compatibility bits to 4412C1 (Diablo 3) fixes the problem (0xC1 also works). Hope this can help to understand and if possible fix this issue programmatically with the NVIDIA API for setting the proper flags.

EDIT Oct 31th: each time you install a new NVIDIA driver, it will reset the AA flag in NVIDIA Inspector, so you will have to set the correct value again.

"
I've had the same problem with CFS3.

I tried new video drives, reinstalling DX9c, and a wide range of other control panel settings changes both in the game and in the NVCP all to no effect. What I finally found to work was using NvidiaProfileInspector to set the AA Compatibility bits. In the past this was not needed, and the value could remain at the default 0x00000000. Now it needs one of several that end with 40, 41, or C1.

F0C1
100C1
4412C1

There are subtle effect differences between each one, but generally they fall into the three main groups defined by the last two digits. Right now I've settled on the last one, as it's biased toward darkening the edges its aliasing.

I'm running rFactor and multiple GTR2 installs full screen in 1920 x 1080 with working AA. Verry good IQ, even better than I had with my GTX 760 in Windows 7, no need to go to 4K.
As said, I'm using 0x0000F0C1 as Antialiasing Compatibility setting in nvidiaProfileInspector

Last edited by NEChris; 12 February 18 at 16:32.
NEChris is offline   Reply With Quote