NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor

Unread 7 February 18, 19:40   #1
dakoetaw238

Default Supercharger/Turbo sounds

I have been toying with my own modding of RFactor for years now,self-taught to the point , I can change sounds,hdv,tyr,eng,gear files tweak and such and now I am currently exploring the PMC Mod,first I will say it is a great mod,if you like uniformity. It comes with one type of eng,gear and tyr file distributed throughout the 20 or so models. I have found ways to give each vehicle their own eng,their own vehicle sounds and such. I was thinking more along the lines of it being a "factory stock" mod with Aftermarket capabilities. I am running a 1970 chevelle SS with a 5spd off a JAGUARXJ220 and a stock c6z06 engine, I've gotten it to 170mph on Dijon-Prenois straightway. Very well balanced but missing something.....
This engine has a supercharger,it is a factory option. I love the sound Ive got but with any supercharger there is a whine,noticibly so,particularly loud as rpm's top out.. I for the life of me cannot find any soundfiles in any forum,even cross-checking Asseto-Corsa,GTR-2,Rfactor 2,etc, that portrays this sound. I've even switched the trans-power on to a turbo hiss,trans-power off to a blow-off valve,It's as close to the real thing I could get,and it worked. It truly sounds like a supercharger winding up and dumping,but sc's don't "dump" just turbos. How can I get the "wind-down" noise? Maybe using a lower volume turbo hiss perhaps? If anyone has files for turbos and superchargers please send me a link or at sculley1976@gmail.com.

I will upload videos of the sounds and vehicles I create.
I am not taking credit for anything,this is all other's work,all I'm doing is portraying the awesome capability of modding this still perfect platform they've given us to improve upon. I am only combining eng's,sounds and physics to PMC mod to show it's potential, No releasing of anything I do until I receive permission. Also I've created my own rfm championships for PMC Mod,it doesn't come with any,I'm still learning myself so it's kinda touch n go but the AI is good and the competition is quite realistic. I've found myself in a real battle for first near the end of 6 laps and 2nd place was .003 secs behind me! Love you guys! Keep it up! Someone out there still loves this game!!!!
dakoetaw238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 February 18, 07:58   #2
Slobbeman

you can lower sounds in rfactor by take a look in the SFX files and edit for example ENGINE VOLUME MIX lower to 0.7 or higher 1.2
edit or chance sound s files get no missmatch on online servers you can also edit the sound files that is in tha sounds folder add echo or what you want

if i not like the sound that comes with a mod i do my own SFX files and add the sound files i wanna hear and use and edit the SFX file so the car load the sounds right
Slobbeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 February 18, 16:00   #3
dakoetaw238

I want to share a video from a replay,I know where theyre located but in what format would I upload it as,say to youtube so I can then attach a shortcut to it in a post? I messed with the trans-on high and the trans-off low files and found a pretty good whine w/o out the loud blow-off but as with any supercharger there is a definite "pop" and wind down when you let off the accelerator I can add extra engine noises that match rpms if I add it to the "secondary trans audio files" and they overlap the actual eng sound so you get two distinct sounds at the same time. Interesting I'd love to share it here but have no clue as to how I get it from the game to a video you can watch .lol
Unread 12 February 18, 17:55   #4
dakoetaw238

Here is something I've done to a 502 Bigblock Chevelle.https://youtu.be/QAMAkHPq0Sc
https://youtu.be/cJCEch88Djk