NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > RaceRoom Racing Experience

Unread 12 February 18, 14:20   #1
BrunoB

Default Racerooms LeaderBoards

I just discovered what Racerooms LeaderBoard is.
Hehe and I also discovered that the fastest drivers on that board isnt that fast.
Maybe the first or the first 5 is some kind of semi-aliens but because I could squeeze old myself into #15 then I does consider them to be fast but not that fast.

Its funny because until now I have only competed against myself trying to find that ideal setup for the same DMD P20 as Gui and I had our lil competition in.
But now where I can see on the leaderboard that there are real human beings behind the laptimes then ones personal urge to set an even faster laptime become much bigger.

Bytheway: The track is changed from LagunaSeca to Bathurst.
BrunoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 February 18, 16:33   #2
Guimengo
Uploader

When I was loading that to see about where you drove your laps, to pick up any differences, I also noticed the top times for that DP car and Laguna was very slow. I assume that mode is only used by guys pursuing more popular content, or they drive that one thing where you can get prizes.
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 February 18, 17:20   #3
BrunoB

What??
You evil man!!

Are you saying that precicely these guys Im measuring myself against are more or less slow?
Dohh

And here I was rather satisfied with myself - being able to compete rather reasonable with the fastest guys in Raceroom.
Where is my gun?
Unread 12 February 18, 17:24   #4
BrunoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
When I was loading that to see about where you drove your laps, to pick up any differences, I also noticed the top times for that DP car and Laguna was very slow.
And furthermore I can suddenly see that you have been spying on me by loading my extremely good driving lines as a ghost.
Hehe I havent figured out how to load another driver as a ghost
Unread 12 February 18, 20:36   #5
Guimengo
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoB View Post
And furthermore I can suddenly see that you have been spying on me by loading my extremely good driving lines as a ghost.
Hehe I havent figured out how to load another driver as a ghost
Haha, I actually have no idea about that. I remember looking up through the game's leaderboard to see what the laptimes were for the DP at Laguna, and I think I saw something like 1:15 and was horrified . I tried driving a couple of laps through there so I'd not have to do screenshots but I was annoyed by seeing my car's ghost interfering with my view, so I quit . I think that mode takes away fuel load and tire wear too.
Unread 13 February 18, 11:19   #6
BrunoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
I tried driving a couple of laps through there so I'd not have to do screenshots but I was annoyed by seeing my car's ghost interfering with my view, so I quit . I think that mode takes away fuel load and tire wear too.
OK Gui I just thought that you had found a way getting my car (and racing line) as ghosting on your puter.
But rethinking then that would only have been possible if I have uploaded my time to the leaderboard and you then had "stolen" my laptime as your personal ghost
Hehe I was just joking about the spying issue because I would probably have been proud if you have used my line for that.

Conserning the leaderboard mode then you are right about the no fuel and tire wear.
You are running your leaderboard times with constant 75L fuel an no wear.
The reason is obvious to minimize any possibility of cheating and simulate race fuel.
What irritated most was that it was difficult for me to get rid of the fu**ng iluminated racing line.
I have NEVER used such kind of stupid aid - hehe eventhough I can remember that a lot of fast FSB drivers used it permanently.
Unread 13 February 18, 15:18   #7
Guimengo
Uploader

Oh gosh, FSB... so many idiosyncrasies at that place.
Unread 14 February 18, 11:17   #8
BrunoB

come on Gui.
I have only good memories about those mainly great guys.
I do only consider 2 persons as idiots.
And the one was an eastern european with severe mental problems(!) - seriously - who got banned because he used a whole race to hunt my car to crash it.

Hehe even while pitting where its impossible to crash other cars

The other idiot you know allready.
Unread 22 February 18, 22:15   #9
Eddie_E

To load someone's ghost car, click challenge next to their name on the leaderboard.

If you want to turn off ghosts, one of the F buttons will toggle it on and off. I changed mine to a different button, but I think it may have been F6 by default. Race line is either F4 or F5.
Eddie_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 February 18, 03:31   #10
Guimengo
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_E View Post
To load someone's ghost car, click challenge next to their name on the leaderboard.

If you want to turn off ghosts, one of the F buttons will toggle it on and off. I changed mine to a different button, but I think it may have been F6 by default. Race line is either F4 or F5.
Ah, thanks! I'd prefer running laps there so it's saved somewhere and I don't have to do a thing, and not having that ghost will be much appreciated.