NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > iRacing

Unread 22 January 18, 02:11   #1
newbert

Default A Couple of Newbie iRacing Questions?

I'm a brand-new iRacing rookie. After testing the Mazda on-track and turning better and better laps, I decided to try my hand at my first Time Trial session (8 laps - all clean). Just wondering....

1. When does my Safety Rating start to adjust ? - only after my 4th TT? Or does it gradually adjust from TT to TT? (Note: It didn't change at all after this first TT.)

2. Where can I see my best lap times for each car/track combo that I run? Both from informal Testing sessions and from actual TT's?

I'm sure I'll have lots more questions as I continue on, but that's all for now.

Thanks!
newbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 January 18, 06:14   #2
MickeyMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbert View Post
1. When does my Safety Rating start to adjust ? - only after my 4th TT? Or does it gradually adjust from TT to TT? (Note: It didn't change at all after this first TT.)
It should change every time, but TT gives you significantly less safety points than racing, so you may not have earned enough to increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbert View Post
2. Where can I see my best lap times for each car/track combo that I run? Both from informal Testing sessions and from actual TT's?
Under Account/My Profile at the bottom it'll show your best times with each car, track and session type. The site doesn't track your unofficial testing times, but you can see it when you start a test session and open the splits tab.
MickeyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 January 18, 15:10   #3
newbert

OK, Thanks!
Unread 22 January 18, 15:31   #4
newbert

Thanks - but I checked my profile and it doesn't indicate that I've completed anything! And it shows that I still need to run 4 TT's and 2 races to (hopefully) advance to Class D. Shouldn't it show that I only need 3 more TT's after having already run one?

I figure that it should show some record of the TT that I ran, right? Or perhaps I needed to save the TT session somehow? It could be that I missed a step somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated.
Unread 22 January 18, 17:00   #5
BrunoB

If you succesfully have completed a TT session then you should both have a result report + be able to check your position and time inside the socalled Official Series something.
I cant remember anymore what this crappy "sim" are calling the different menues. Sorry
If you cant find the results yourself you better ask inside iceRacings forum where you will get competent help.
BrunoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 January 18, 17:28   #6
newbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoB View Post
If you succesfully have completed a TT session then you should both have a result report + be able to check your position and time inside the socalled Official Series something.
I cant remember anymore what this crappy "sim" are calling the different menues. Sorry
If you cant find the results yourself you better ask inside iceRacings forum where you will get competent help.
Will do.

Thanks!
Unread 22 January 18, 17:33   #7
BrunoB

Its not because I dont want to help you - but honestly Im both old and cant really remember precisely what the different menus/reports are called.
And beside of that I think iceRacing have introduced a new socalled HUD on their site
Unread 22 January 18, 18:58   #8
newbert

Quote:
Its not because I dont want to help you - but honestly Im both old and cant really remember precisely what the different menus/reports are called.
And beside of that I think iceRacing have introduced a new socalled HUD on their site
Understood - No Problem. I posted my questions at the iRacing site.
Unread 24 January 18, 12:46   #9
RICKYBOOBY

Quote:
I am also old, BrunoB, but no one has forgotten how sour you are on the topic of "iceRacing". I actually miss your regular rants, please come back. Did you try Rally Cross?
Regards,
RICKYBOOBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 January 18, 13:34   #10
BrunoB

Beside some more ‎rare and declining rants Im actually pretty released that I dont "have to" start iceRacing up regularly(because I felt obliged to "consume" my hard earned payment ).

Beside the religious fanboyism inside iceRacing my main critisism have allways been the lousy tire model.
And I am so fortunate that I have found a TM that more or less fully satisfy my wishes for a believeable car behaviour both when the car slide "on the edge" - but also a TM that is able to regain grip a proper way if the driver succed in saving the car.

As said iceRacing is completely unable to do that while both rF2 and pCars2 are able to do it reasonably good.

But the racing sim that manages this crucial regaining part extremely good (IMO) is Raceroom.
Honestly Im in need for words to describe how good and "realistic" the Raceroom cars I have tested are able to behave on the track regaining grip.
So I have a declining need to rant a "sim" that does some things rather good - but fails completely on the most urgent part: the tire model.
Unread 29 January 18, 22:32   #11
MickeyMouse

Quote:
but also a TM that is able to regain grip a proper way if the driver succed in saving the car.

As said iceRacing is completely unable to do that while both rF2 and pCars2 are able to do it reasonably good.
Not hard to do when it's literally impossible to lose the car to begin with... Seriously, I can't think of one time where I actually spun in pC2. You can go max front df, min rear df all the time, no spinning. It's a fun game for sure, it's one of the many games I play, but to say it's realistic, well...
Unread 30 January 18, 12:36   #12
BrunoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMouse View Post
It's a fun game for sure, it's one of the many games I play, but to say it's realistic, well...
I think such an "argumentation" is called a "strawman".
Your "argumentation" is aimed at something I does not say or mean.

Im not saying pCars2, rF2 or Raceroom are realistic!
I said that "rF2 and pCars2 are able to do it reasonably good".
And Raceroom manages this extremely good (IMO) - and I therefore consider the behaviour of Raceroom cars "realistic".

NOTE: Most people consider "realistic" as quite different from plain 1:1 realistic.
Unread 30 January 18, 21:14   #13
MickeyMouse

Quote:
I think such an "argumentation" is called a "strawman".
Your "argumentation" is aimed at something I does not say or mean.

Im not saying pCars2, rF2 or Raceroom are realistic!
I said that "rF2 and pCars2 are able to do it reasonably good".
It's a fun game for sure, it's one of the many games I play, but to say it's 'reasonably good', well...
Unread 12 February 18, 18:35   #14
AllanGP

It's a long time since iRacing had the so called "ice" issue.

Some flaws remain of course but the fabled NTMv7 is now being talked about again by staff so I guess we will see a development maybe in S2 18. We will see.

I'm hoping after two years development work we will finally see a resolution to the over the limit and heat issues, both of these have been significantly improved with the compound development work in the meantime. As I only drive the Skip these days, I can't really comment on the other cars. The LMP1 will tempt me back no doubt to a slick tyred car.

There is a certain irony in the fact I'm now one of the few people mentioning the (slow) development timescale these days!
AllanGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 February 18, 19:44   #15
maeckie

I am fighting to spend money for just a month renewal of my iracing account, even i am curious about the actual state and i have a lot of content just sitting there collecting dust.

Last time i used the service was ~2 years ago, i will never understand why their police forbids offline racing the content you paid for. I can understand taking a fee for the Multiplayer part (if it would work all the time..), but a customer should never be restricted from using the software at all. It´s the most customer-unfriendly business-model for software ever invented by mankind.
I would at least think of giving old users 2 hours free-ride after another iteration of their tire-model, instead of having to buy in for a month and finding out its still not on par.

They argue the subscription money is not only for maintenance of the service and online-servers, it´s as well for further development, but thats just another camo-wording for distributing an unfinished product. Modern developers call it Early Access
maeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 February 18, 11:43   #16
BrunoB

Default 2017: iRacings tire model is close to correct now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanGP View Post
Some flaws remain of course but the fabled NTMv7 is now being talked about again by staff so I guess we will see a development maybe in S2 18. We will see.

I'm hoping after two years development work we will finally see a resolution to the over the limit and heat issues...
2017: iRacings tire model is close to correct now!
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=374446
Unread 17 February 18, 10:39   #17
AllanGP

Quote:
2017: iRacings tire model is close to correct now!
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=374446
I've not seen that post by Dave do you have a proper link to it from the Forum.

I usually see all Dave's post's so I'm surprised I missed that one.
Unread 17 February 18, 10:46   #18
AllanGP

Actually one of the nice things about the iRacing Forum is you can cross check posts by Dave, he did not in 2017 (2 posts in that year) or 2016 (7 posts that year) state what you claim there.

Edit: That post was by David Tucker, so not confirmed by Dave as you said.

The model may have all the correct components, that doesn't mean it is giving the correct result! Something I think we can agree on (for once).
Unread 17 February 18, 13:27   #19
BrunoB

Quote:
I usually see all Dave's post's so I'm surprised I missed that one.
Hahaha yes I guess you "see all" King Daves posts
Quote:
Great finding - because in my link Im quoting "David iRacing Staff". And surprise surprise his real name is David Tucker.

Quote:
Actually one of the nice things about the iRacing Forum is you can cross check posts by Dave, he did not in 2017 (2 posts in that year) or 2016 (7 posts that year) state what you claim there.

The following 2 condensed comments from you is a good example of your mandatory quite laughtable way of "argumenting" against oppinions you dont like. You use "a Strawman" by postulating something that I have never said - hehe and then proudly show that the strawmans oppinion is wrong.

Where have I "claimed" that this is a quotation of King Dave?
Where have I claimed that the spokesman from iceRacings staff, David Tucker, have been confirmed by the King?
Quote:
"The did not in 2017() or 2016() state what you claim there.
()so not confirmed by Dave as you said."
Haha the closest I have come is that I say that Tuckers oppinion "probably" also is King Daves opinion
Quote:
The model may have all the correct components, that doesn't mean it is giving the correct result!
Oh I just thought that iceRacings TM have been giving close to correct results for years now
Unread 17 February 18, 17:07   #20
AllanGP

That's why I put the Edit in to correct my remarks, you really should not get so wound up on here, you'd come across much better. Using laughing emoji's doesn't cover your tracks.

No strawman arguments I prefer just sticking to the facts. Give it a go, you may surprise yourself.
Unread 17 February 18, 19:00   #21
BrunoB