NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2

Unread 13 February 18, 05:08   #1
SpinDoctor1

Default Back to GTR2! Some 10th Anniversary Questions

I'm using a fresh GTR2 install. I have, so far, only installed 1 mod: the 10th anniversary patch but I also downloaded HQ Collection Mods

I just checked the readme files of the RP cars in the HQ mods and 10th ann. folders and they say their physics have been slightly modified from the original RP cars. So there are three versions?
a) RP
b) RP slightly modified
c) HQ

???

Last edited by SpinDoctor1; 13 February 18 at 10:46.
SpinDoctor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 February 18, 10:50   #2
GTR233
Uploader

1) you can select HQ cars in menu (there is a huge HQ LOGO so you cannot miss it), cars are named with HQ and they have got blue lcd
2) stock cars are not modified so you can still play with vanilla cars (if you don't see HQ then it is stock car)
3) there are no HQ-RP AI : the mod is called HQ-RP but inside you can choose 3 kind of AI:
stock, HQ or RP. Which is the best ? Well, as HQ is my baby I will tell you HQ is best...but to be honest, the best is to try the 3 versions and choose the one which suits you best
4) All cars have new sound files with fixes and added : brake sound, horn sound, external tranny but WAV files are not modified in 10th Anniversary Patch. There is an option in HQ MODS COLLECTION to install F360 reworked WAV files : I have removed the vibration noise you can hear in left channel of default F360.
5) RP is based on GTR2 Reborn Project by IRG but I have fixed the refueling bug, some sounds location like 350z (left>right), and behaviour on wet conditions (now cars pass eau rouge at spa without crashing)
6) if you have got a fresh install then you don't have saved setup so skip this step.
7) just copy-paste-overwrite files with the ones in HQ MODS COLLECTION and at anytime you can re-install 10th anniversary Patch over your install.

As I am only the author of HQ MODS COLLECTION and 10th Anniversary Patch, I can't answer about GTR2 ESSENTIALS for JSGME as it is not my work (DD has repacked my mods with his own ideas) so ask DurgeDriven in his GTR2 ESSENTIALS thread. JSGME is more complicated to use for newbies and people who understand very little to PC.
GTR233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 February 18, 10:53   #3
SpinDoctor1

Thanks GTR233. What I'm wondering with the "fixed" version of RP is how much easier/manageable the wet physics have become compared to the original RP cars' physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR233 View Post
JSGME is more complicated to use for newbies and people who understand very little to PC.
I've used JSGME for GTL and know computers very well (except programming like C++, etc.) I just am confused about different mods, different versions, modified versions, etc. etc.

Last edited by SpinDoctor1; 13 February 18 at 11:04.
Unread 13 February 18, 11:11   #4
GTR233
Uploader

you can still install the default GTR2 Reborn available here :
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=34358
but do not install the Talents folder from this default Reborn and use RP AI talent instead

And you can install my slightly reworked version called 10th anniversary RP with RP AI (I did not modified Reborn AI but only renamed the Talent files to match the stock names and avoid conflicts).

So you can compare by yourself default Reborn (the mod modifies default cars) and new RP version (the mod is standalone by selecting RP in menu, it doesn't modify default cars) by installing both versions

Yep I can understand that it is a little bit confusing
Unread 13 February 18, 11:26   #5
SpinDoctor1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR233 View Post
you can still install the default GTR2 Reborn available here :
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=34358
but do not install the Talents folder from this default Reborn and use RP AI talent instead

And you can install my slightly reworked version called 10th anniversary RP with RP AI (I did not modified Reborn AI but only renamed the Talent files to match the stock names and avoid conflicts).

So you can compare by yourself default Reborn (the mod modifies default cars) and new RP version (the mod is standalone by selecting RP in menu, it doesn't modify default cars) by installing both versions

Yep I can understand that it is a little bit confusing
Sorry, I'm still not understanding...

If you have fixed issues with the default Reborn AI then I would like to use your new version.

What I am wondering about is default Reborn physics VS your new version Reborn physics VS HQ mod physics...
Unread 13 February 18, 11:49   #6
GTR233
Uploader

just answered same question here :
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...&postcount=243