NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > RaceRoom Racing Experience

Unread 11 May 18, 13:30   #1
BrunoB

Default Help: Finding a fast and funny GT3 car.

I have 616 of Racerooms goofy monopoly money laying in the store and Im slowly becomming a bit bored of Racerooms fastest formula car(X17) - so Im looking to buy one of the popular GT3 cars.
The X17 was great fun in the beginning but because of the power and specially the downforce the car is too easy to drive(IMO).

But I dont want to test all the GT3 cars and checking the GT3 leaderboards it looks like the fastest guys are driving Corvettes, McLarens, Mustangs and Audis and a single Nissan(#1).
I want a mix of car control challenge and by all means speed
But I do NOT want a cronically understeering brick of wood

I was interrested in the Porsche R but can see a lot of people are saying that the sound is too poo - and I can also see that the first Porsches are way down on the LB list.

So gimme some inputs guys

Note: I dont understand why Raceroom are naming the GT3 class GTR3
BrunoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 18, 18:59   #2
Ak1504

My favourites are the new Audi, Corvette and AMG...
Ak1504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 18, 20:00   #3
BrunoB

I will probably have to test some of the more groovy sounding cars out to see if they also does behave to my liking.
Because after impairing my ears with the X17 hysterical siren sound I want a car with a deeper more growling sound.

In RL I have seen the F1 driver Kevin Magnussens father Jan in a Corvette and that car did sound pretty groovy.
But on the other side I dont want to become the mandatory ā€ˇsternlight when I begin racing online - just because I have chosen the slowest car in the field.
Unread 11 May 18, 20:32   #4
boomn
Premium Member

I saw the AMG at a PWC race last year. It was a very cool, mean sounding car that you always knew was coming before you could see it because the deep growl stood out above every other car. At the same time it was kind of dull, because no matter how much throttle they gave it the sound never seemed to change pitch... just the same deep growl. Made me wonder if it had a redline of 3000rpm or something?

It's a rather heavy car. I think it is the heaviest GT3 car, heavier even than the Bentley! But it seems to make up for it with a lot of engine
boomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 18, 05:00   #5
pistoncup
Uploader

RRE have seemed to of changed the class format. I thought when I first bought the GTR3 pack it was just called the GTR pack back then as it only had the older GTR2 model (Simbin) cars . You had to buy the ADAC pack to get the current model (at the time) GT3 cars.

Last edited by pistoncup; 12 May 18 at 05:41.
pistoncup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 18, 10:20   #6
BrunoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistoncup View Post
RRE have seemed to of changed the class format. I thought when I first bought the GTR3 pack it was just called the GTR pack back then as it only had the older GTR2 model (Simbin) cars . You had to buy the ADAC pack to get the current model (at the time) GT3 cars.
Could you elaborate this a bit?
I mean as mentioned I only want to buy 1(one) single GT3 car to be used in Racerooms socalled GTR3 class.
I dont want to buy a "Pack".
So what do you mean with "You had to buy the ADAC pack to get the current model (at the time) GT3 cars".
Unread 12 May 18, 11:03   #7
Ak1504

Some cars and their weight:

R8 2015: 1340kg
AMG: 1320kg
Bentley: 1300kg
Porsche: 1255kg
Callaway C7: 1290kg
M6: 1300kg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak1504 View Post
My favourites are the new Audi, Corvette and AMG...
And the M6...

And the Porsche when it gets new sounds
Ak1504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 18, 12:10   #8
Berger R - 74

hello bruno,

if you pick the new porsche gt3 car, you do nothing wrong.
car is one of the fastest cars in GT3 pack.
i would it call together with the new audi the fastest car (and probably with the new mercedes too).
car is very easy to handle, average in top speed, faster as audi, but slower as mercedes.

if you will drive for a league you make nothing wrong, same as hotlapping too, porsche should be in each track good, not best in each track, but top3 in each track.

audi is better in tracks with fast speed corners and not so high top speed tracks,
mercedes is opposite, better in top speed tracks and not so good in fast corners.

new mclaren is good too, but for me, not so easy to drive and little slower as porsche in top speed.
new c7 corvette is for me, a little little slower then the top cars, but i like the cockpit view in this car.

old GT3 i do not know so exactly, but i do not think there is a "over" car in old cars, in past it was the ford and then later it was B6 car, but both did get a "slow down" in performance in past updates, so that they are not good anymore.

if i would only can buy one car i would be porsche
Berger R - 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 18, 16:53   #9
BrunoB

Thank you very very much Berger.
Such personal advice (and experience) is exactly what I had hoped for.

Hehe but I can feel that the advices and hints from this thread has made me more interrested in testing some of the different GT3 cars out myself.
And one of the advantages of this sim is exactly that I can test any new car out for free.
Unread 14 May 18, 06:45   #10
pistoncup
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoB View Post
Could you elaborate this a bit?
I mean as mentioned I only want to buy 1(one) single GT3 car to be used in Racerooms socalled GTR3 class.
I dont want to buy a "Pack".

So what do you mean with "You had to buy the ADAC pack to get the current model (at the time) GT3 cars".
just buy one car then ? I didn't want just one, I bought the ADAC and GTR packs .
I think bought the BMW M6 GT3 DLC . Thats the only single car I have bought . I briefly remember driving it . I like the SLS and Bentley GT3 ... V8's

Last edited by pistoncup; 14 May 18 at 07:09.
pistoncup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 18, 09:29   #11
BrunoB

Thank you
The reason I only want one(1) GT3 car is that I only have 616 of Racerooms VRP money left - and dont want to invest more.
Because I have more or less the tracks and cars I want to buy - mainly because I have realised that beside the extremely good tire model and graphical quality(IMO) the Raceroom team will never be able to build a fullblown racing sim.
A racing sim where you like iRacing can find participation 24/7 and use a professionel telemetry tool like MoteC to tune setups.
Hehe and paint your own cars and show them online

There are so many lacking and annoying things in this "sim" that I have invested my last monopoly currency in their store.
Hehe so the selected GT3 car will be the last car I buy.
Unread Yesterday, 14:52   #12
BrunoB

My final decision can be found in this other thread.
Hehe falsely created by irritation because Raceroom presented me for a complete unknown track when I asked for a free test session including the existing GT3 cars.
I didnt understand (in the beginning) that this track was Racerooms fictional Bridge version of the also fictional Raceroom Raceway.

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...80#post1963980