NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > NASCAR Racing 2003 Season

Unread 2 April 18, 09:23   #101
katawaran

If i can, i will be on my server about 20:00 CEST (UTC +2)

---
Frank
katawaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 April 18, 19:05   #102
Guimengo
Uploader

I'll be going online a couple of times this week, thank you .

By the way, I've uploaded a new pack of all sound updates. You can find it here with information inside. I went through every single sample, hopefully it is of use to others . Thanks for the assistance, Frank.
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 April 18, 19:37   #103
Guimengo
Uploader

Sadly I wasn't able to dedicate more time to driving and I'll have to just go with my 1:10.488 with the Jaguar. On the plus side, when I did have free time, I spent plenty of it going over circuits and other GTP-related things so expect next round to have a very fun choice .

Unread 9 April 18, 02:35   #104
Guimengo
Uploader

So round 2 at the Hermanos Rodrigues circuit, 2007 layout, came to an end. Thank you all who participated! It was nice to see growing engagement . Laptimes below:

Jaguar XJR-9
Marmagas - 1:09.825
Katawaran - 1:10.251
Nezeiges - 1:10.438
Gui - 1:10.488
Uncle Fester - 1:16.441
Hezemans - 1.19.849

Mazda 787B
Katawaran - 1:10.748
Gui - 1:11.535

Onto the next round! Before we start branching off into other circuits, we will revisit some crowd favorites. As usual, the content can be found in the first post.

Round 3: Canadian Tire Mosport
Cars: Toyota 88C-V, Mazda 787B
Deadline: May 5th

Last edited by Guimengo; 16 May 18 at 01:47.
Unread 9 April 18, 08:12   #105
marmagas

1.08.323-Toyota
Default setup,tricky blind corners,elevation changes,laptimes will come down a lot!

Last edited by marmagas; 11 April 18 at 19:19.
marmagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 April 18, 07:23   #106
Guimengo
Uploader

Yeah, it's all about balance. I tried a few laps on both cars and am over 1s slower than my laps last year. With both 787B and 88C-V I have done 1:07.7xx, having edited my existing setups (both found in the download). I'll follow up with a screenshot or video later on, when I am able to drive more laps and am satisfied with a setup to try and push for better and consistent times.
Unread 11 April 18, 13:25   #107
marmagas

1.07.765-Toyota

Last edited by marmagas; 11 April 18 at 19:18.
marmagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 April 18, 19:06   #108
Guimengo
Uploader

Guys, I can identify the cars but please do post which one it is, for ease of gathering the info when I am rounding up the rounds (yay for not planning my words and reusing one twice ).
Unread 11 April 18, 19:14   #109
Guimengo
Uploader

ps: katawaran, as always, thank you for the server! I updated the IP in my game and connected flawlessly . I do have a question, what are the tire/grip settings for the circuit you have hosted? I got a mismatch and the server updated it.

I lapped the 88C-V at 1:06.8, and the 787B at 1:07.4. Still searching for the best gears but at least the cars are feeling stable and very fun to drive. I'll upload my new test setups by the end of the week, though the old existing setups from last year are able to lap in the 1:06's, if 2016/2017 Gui was not lying .

Last edited by Guimengo; 12 April 18 at 03:13.
Unread 12 April 18, 03:14   #110
Guimengo
Uploader

I've been lapping exclusively in katawaran's server, this is a screenshot from just now. I feel I have a couple more MPH to pull from the car before I am happy with sharing this current setup, but it's getting there! 1:07.0 with the Mazda.

Last edited by Guimengo; 17 April 18 at 14:24.
Unread 13 April 18, 05:33   #111
Guimengo
Uploader

So far a 1:06.597 with the 88C-V. As you can see, I couldn't nail the lap yet but I feel super close to getting the setup very consistent! I'll be gone for a few days but next week will resume here and should have both updated setups uploaded for anyone interested.

Unread 15 April 18, 10:03   #112
katawaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
ps: katawaran, as always, thank you for the server! I updated the IP in my game and connected flawlessly . I do have a question, what are the tire/grip settings for the circuit you have hosted? I got a mismatch and the server updated it.
Hi Gui, i only downloaded and installed the track files from FSB without any other action

Sorry for my late post.

---
Frank
Unread 15 April 18, 15:41   #113
Guimengo
Uploader

No problem . I think fsb may have had some files obtained not from the original sources, I noticed on a few tracks have given me a mismatch in the past. I know some leagues would alter grip or the wear rate, and given how they were not necessarily diligent in the past (as their focus was always Nascar/Trucks), I could certainly see that being the case. That's why I mentioned downloading the tracks from the Mega link in the first post.

Last edited by Guimengo; 15 April 18 at 23:33.
Unread 17 April 18, 14:39   #114
Guimengo
Uploader

1:06.478 with the Mazda . I feel both cars are extremely pleasant to drive and though I'm not as fast as 1-2 years ago, the balance of the cars is excellent through the track so I've uploaded my updated setups here.

Unread 22 April 18, 11:18   #115
katawaran

Quote:
No problem . I think fsb may have had some files obtained not from the original sources, I noticed on a few tracks have given me a mismatch in the past. I know some leagues would alter grip or the wear rate, and given how they were not necessarily diligent in the past (as their focus was always Nascar/Trucks), I could certainly see that being the case. That's why I mentioned downloading the tracks from the Mega link in the first post.
Thanks Gui,
i will replace the tracks with the files from your track base.
---
Frank
Unread 22 April 18, 11:41   #116
katawaran

My time with the Toyota 1:06.330

My time with the Mazda 1:06.521

I like the Mazda
Unread 23 April 18, 15:49   #117
Guimengo
Uploader

Nice. Did anyone try my setups, old or new, at all?
Unread 28 April 18, 11:59   #118
katawaran

same as Mexico, only gear ratio edited
Unread 28 April 18, 14:01   #119
Guimengo
Uploader

We have about a week left, I wonder if it was the track or cars that made it less enticing to people?
Unread 28 April 18, 19:19   #120
katawaran

I like Mosport (an old GPL track) also the Mazda is my favorite GTP car.
Maybe the spring keeps the drivers away from the computer?
Unread 30 April 18, 09:36   #121
BrunoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucFreak View Post

BTW, I see somewhere else that you use an Intel i7 920 processor.
If so, that means you have an X58 motherboard (socket 1366).
My point is that you can get a used Intel Xeon X5650 or X5660 (6 cores/12 threads) for silly cheap price, then overclock it to 4.0+ Ghz.
Even an affordable/decent cooler like a CM Hyper212X is good enough for that (in my experience).
-
The i7 920 is still pretty good today when overclocked (mine rocked everything and anything at 3.6Ghz), but it's a tad too hot, it's a total pig on Wattage (more so when overclocked), and these Xeons (X5650 or X5660) are a LOT faster -when overclocked- for everything that needs CPU muscle.
For you to make an idea, not even a GTX1080Ti is bottlenecked. For 30,00 euros now, these Xeons must be the best hardware upgrade I've ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoB View Post
@Duc
Hehe I have just ordered a Xeon 5670 from Hongkong for $59.88 incl shipping.
So now I just have to wait 1 month before I can grab this monster.
@Duc
I just want to thank you for the best advice I have ever got for an almost free CPU upgrade.
This Xeon X5670 is a cool monster.
Undervolted(1.02v/2.9Ghz) it runs extremely cool(49C gaming) even with my laughtable Intel standard cooler.
Still undervolted but slightly oc(2.22v/3.4Ghz) = (58C Gaming) with the same cooler!
Best $59.88 investment for my old puter.

I could easily oc the X5670 higher but for both Raceroom and pCars2 Im able to run with highest settings and still have 70-150fps so there is no reason to.
So thank youuu Duc.
BrunoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 April 18, 14:14   #122
ti2blegrr

I have GTP running on my Win10, but I'm lost in this thread, something about running on a server?
ti2blegrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 April 18, 15:46   #123
Guimengo
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti2blegrr View Post
I have GTP running on my Win10, but I'm lost in this thread, something about running on a server?

So there are two ways to participate:
  • Download the track from the link in the first post and drive offline
  • Connect to the server setup by katawaran

The server has an IP that changes every now and then. I linked to the page where you can double check the address, it should all be included in the first post of the topic. To go online you have to select the multiplayer option from the launcher and it will take you to the IP address, etc, area before you connect .
Unread 30 April 18, 20:33   #124
ti2blegrr

I just did this for my home website, so here's the hot lap video.
Unread 30 April 18, 20:55   #125
DucFreak

Quote:
@Duc
I just want to thank you for the best advice I have ever got for an almost free CPU upgrade.
This Xeon X5670 is a cool monster.
Undervolted(1.02v/2.9Ghz) it runs extremely cool(49C gaming) even with my laughtable Intel standard cooler.
Still undervolted but slightly oc(2.22v/3.4Ghz) = (58C Gaming) with the same cooler!
Best $59.88 investment for my old puter.

I could easily oc the X5670 higher but for both Raceroom and pCars2 Im able to run with highest settings and still have 70-150fps so there is no reason to.
So thank youuu Duc.
Nice, happy for ya man!
Wait, what? ...undervolt??? noooooooo!!
Sure you don't need no expensive super fancy cooler but... stock intel cooler?? *yikes*

Just get a CM Hyper212 Turbo and be done with it (best bang for the least buck).

Are you in Germany? ...if so, then check this link (29.99 Euros!):
https://www.alternate.de/Cooler-Mast...9?event=search

Cheap and effective cooler (basically, it's the famous Hyper212, but with two fans, for "push-pull" effect).
Fairly easy to install, it's very silent, no RAM clearance issues. Performance wise, it's pretty darn good. (FYI, I got an Hyper212X with two fans on my OC'ed X5660@4.2Ghz 1.334v, I've never seen more than low 50s (ÂșC) while gaming)

As always for these 160mm height coolers, just make sure the case has space for it. If not sure, you can pick a ruler and open your PC case, and then, counting vertically from somewhere flat in the motherboard untill space ends (where the case side cover would figuratively be), see if there's at least 170 mm (17 cm) of space for the cooler height (i.e, so that it isn't hit by the side cover of the case when you close it).
If that's assured, so long there's at least some air ventilation going on inside the PC case (such as one fan intake and one fan outtake in the PC case), even atempting to overclock a Xeon X56xx (like yours), that cooler will perform well.

EDIT: If unfortunately you don't have the space for it, then perhaps check the CM Hyper H412R
(140mm height CPU cooler, should fit in any regular PC case, even older ones)

Just get it done, and happy days!

Last edited by DucFreak; 1 May 18 at 17:22. Reason: added link
DucFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 April 18, 23:54   #126
Guimengo
Uploader

BrunoB, please stop sidetracking the topic again .
Unread 1 May 18, 16:42   #127
nezeiges
Uploader

This is not my track. I just can not get around without mistake

nezeiges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 18, 10:07   #128
BrunoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucFreak View Post
Just get it done, and happy days!
Thank you for your new thoughtfull cooler advices - multo appreciated.
I will probably follow your advice conserning the CM Hyper212 Turbo - because after my longlasting compact watercooler NQ-3580 died I have not much knowledge about aircoolers.
Your link to Alternate also look promissing because they have an online shop in Denmark too - I think

I just wanted to give you some thankfull feedback on your advices ealier in this thread - but I can see that because of the overwhelming participation in Guis urgent hotlap thingy we are not really allowed to post here.
Unread 2 May 18, 13:43   #129
nezeiges
Uploader

Quote:
Thank you for your new thoughtfull cooler advices - multo appreciated.
I will probably follow your advice conserning the CM Hyper212 Turbo - because after my longlasting compact watercooler NQ-3580 died I have not much knowledge about aircoolers.
Your link to Alternate also look promissing because they have an online shop in Denmark too - I think

I just wanted to give you some thankfull feedback on your advices ealier in this thread - but I can see that because of the overwhelming participation in Guis urgent hotlap thingy we are not really allowed to post here.
I understand what Guimengo means, you are poluting this topic with a hardware discussion.
Hardware can be discussed in the COMPUTECH topic
Unread 2 May 18, 16:12   #130
Guimengo
Uploader

PM is more efficient for this, there's a hardware forum, and other posts about it have had nothing to do with this - including guys not participating.

Anyway, I really want to try a few more laps in this track. Not sure if I can do much more with the Mazda given my limited time, but I definitely want to do a cleaner lap with the Toyota .
Unread 2 May 18, 18:09   #131
BrunoB

Unread 2 May 18, 18:17   #132
Highbank
Premium Member

^^^ as fascinating as it is, there is a place...please continue it there, stuff I'd like to learn there!
Highbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 18, 15:33   #133
Guimengo
Uploader

Round 3 at Mosports ends. Thank you all who participated! Sadly I wasn't able to turn more laps being so busy but absolutely loved it. Laptimes below:

Toyota 88C-V
Katawaran - 1:06.330
Gui - 1:06.597
Marmagas - 1.07.765
Nezeiges - 1:10.679

Mazda 787B
Gui - 1:06.478
Katawaran - 1:06.521
ti2blegrr- 1:19.717

I must say that revisiting circuits and trying different cars has been very helpful to help me try and develop new setups. Hopefully that will give me a good base for every new track I may come across as well as help build my database to give everyone a decent base to go off (which also includes posted setups by some big names of the past).

For next round, we're going very high speed in a free for all! All four cars at the 1990 Watkins Glen Classic, the short layout without the chicane. So drive just your favorite or all of the cars, and let's see how fast we can go!

Round 4: Watkins Glen SDT (1990) - Classic layout
Cars: Toyota 88C-V, Jaguar XJR-9, Sauber C9, Mazda 787B
Deadline: June 2nd

Last edited by Guimengo; 16 May 18 at 01:47.
Unread 6 May 18, 16:31   #134
Guimengo
Uploader

Just to kick things off, I drove a couple of laps with the Sauber. I pulled my setup from the regular Watkins GTP and it transferred great. Did laps in the high 57s right away, so I believe we'll be going low 56s on this one

It will be nice to see the difference between cars too, and I hope a well known and classic track makes it more enticing for everyone to participate.
Unread 6 May 18, 18:54   #135
katawaran

I added the track, but i get always "Could not load track"
I copied the "shared" folder from my local installation (here it works), but i got the same result.
Don't know what's the reason!

---
Frank
Unread 7 May 18, 01:42   #136
ti2blegrr

Yup, track won't load even after putting setups in.
Unread 7 May 18, 01:59   #137
Guimengo
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by katawaran View Post
I added the track, but i get always "Could not load track"
I copied the "shared" folder from my local installation (here it works), but i got the same result.
Don't know what's the reason!
---
Frank
Can you try downloading it again? I've re-edited the .ini, reinserted the files (missing arcade.cup and .gtp.sim), and reuploaded the package. Everyone else, please redownload it if you acquired it before the timestamp of this post. Thanks everyone, and thank you katawaran for the server.

Watkins Glen SDT 1990

My GTP installation is standalone and I didn't have any problems, I even tried going off a fresh install to rule out any "benefit" of the NR 2003 profile having run the circuit. However, if you folks aren't able to make this track work, I shall pick another one. Let me know how it goes.

Last edited by Guimengo; 7 May 18 at 02:59.
Unread 7 May 18, 04:34   #138
ti2blegrr

That version loaded, thanks, I'll give it a run tomorrow.
Unread 10 May 18, 11:03   #139
nezeiges
Uploader

My first try at Watkins Glen in a Toyota 59.890

[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 10 May 18, 12:45   #140
katawaran

Quote:
Can you try downloading it again? I've re-edited the .ini, reinserted the files (missing arcade.cup and .gtp.sim), and reuploaded the package. Everyone else, please redownload it if you acquired it before the timestamp of this post. Thanks everyone, and thank you katawaran for the server.

Watkins Glen SDT 1990

My GTP installation is standalone and I didn't have any problems, I even tried going off a fresh install to rule out any "benefit" of the NR 2003 profile having run the circuit. However, if you folks aren't able to make this track work, I shall pick another one. Let me know how it goes.
It works now!
Thanks Gui !!!

---
Frank
Unread 11 May 18, 00:22   #141
Guimengo
Uploader

Thanks for putting it up, Frank! I went on and was tweaking the setup, got a 57.4s that still wasn't smooth... But the game crashed suddenly. Couldn't record replay or save the setup. Oh well.

Edit: Drove again, brought it down quite a bit with the Sauber C9 - 57.268s!

Last edited by Guimengo; 12 May 18 at 04:26.
Unread 12 May 18, 04:28   #142
Guimengo
Uploader

I spent quite a while trying to build a Jaguar setup but seem to have got stuck on a 57.440s with the XJR-9, when I feel it's going to be faster there's either understeer at the loop or last corner, and it goes away. Just took the 88C-V out for a few laps to test a base set and got a 58.455. Definitely need to take more time next week to feel fully comfortable with the setups, and also take the 787B for a spin.

Last edited by Guimengo; 24 May 18 at 03:45.
Unread 12 May 18, 12:34   #143
katawaran

fast shot (pictures are coming later)
Maz 58.574
Toy 58.238
Jag 57.582
Sau 57.574

---
Frank
Unread 12 May 18, 17:04   #144