NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Simbin Race Series

Unread 13 August 13, 16:40   #1
Diktaator

Default Race 07 Championship Manager / creation tool

Hey guys. Anyone interested to make a tool for creating custom championships?
The idea would be to cover some areas that you can't change in-game when making championships like choosing individual cars and drivers, skins etc that you want to put together and setting a specific distance for each race.

There's a tool similar to that made for GTR2: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=33009

It looks complicated but I don't think it would need to be that versatile. So the tool should be able to read cars and tracks from your Race07 / Race On / Race Injection directory and create a .bch file from your options. It should ofcourse allow to change rules, points, penalties and other stuff that is available in game.
I would gladly start working on it myself but when it comes to programming, I'm a complete idiot so if I can help with anything I'd be happy to but I need a wiseguy here...

And PS! I know I can create championships with a notepad. Not everyone can.

Last edited by Diktaator; 14 August 13 at 08:37.
Diktaator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 August 13, 07:23   #2
Vortlas

i'm one of those people who can't make a championship with notepad

could you tell me how to do it? or reply with a link to a tutorial?
Thanx
Vortlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 September 13, 13:34   #3
Diktaator

See my post here: http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=312298
I hope this will help. If you have questions, post back here
Unread 18 September 13, 00:46   #4
jbjs40

That would be a great idea to help with the points system if possible. And the ability to create a championship where the laps and times are dependent on the length of the track. Longer tracks=less laps, Shorter tracks=more laps. I guess I can create more of what I want with just using the time option rather than laps. Anyway the points would be a great place to start.
jbjs40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 November 13, 07:57   #5
Spencer42

I could probably do it but I won't have time just yet!

Also Diktaator, I was wondering if you know a way of increasing the number of point-scoring positions? I was messing in the .bch file and added a 'NinthPlace' under Scoring Info, but the game doesn't read it in, just skips over it, so is there a value I'm missing on the .bch file to do this?

Thanks
Spencer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 November 13, 18:23   #6
Diktaator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer42 View Post
I could probably do it but I won't have time just yet!

Also Diktaator, I was wondering if you know a way of increasing the number of point-scoring positions? I was messing in the .bch file and added a 'NinthPlace' under Scoring Info, but the game doesn't read it in, just skips over it, so is there a value I'm missing on the .bch file to do this?

Thanks
Ok PM me if you find time, maybe I can help with something? But about the point-scoring positions, yeah... it should work as you describe, because I've added NinthPlace and TenthPlace and got it to work ONCE. Never managed again, so I'm not sure what keeps overwriting that value but It should be the right way to do it.
Unread 26 January 14, 14:35   #7
artao

Has anything come of this? GREAT idea, and I hope something happens.
artao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 April 14, 20:17   #8
Diktaator

*bump

Anyone has a clue where to start?
Unread 15 May 18, 08:23   #9
kendo1978

Bumping a very old thread here but I have managed to get this working as it was something that was really annoying me before....like why the F... had Simbin done something like this to a game which is so mod-friendly???. What was really dumb was I've downloaded the STCC'10 content which uses a different scoring system....the game still tries to implement the usual default WTCC07 scoring system for that also.

When I googled this before, it seemed people were saying this was basically hard-coded into the game for it to use the default points system for all types of Championship in Race07 so only drivers 1-8 being placed.

Anyway, what I have come to find is that although the game UI still seems to be ignoring 9th and 10th place when you see the results of a race, it is still adding points to those drivers in the background but it's only visible when it shows the full driver list points with weight penalties.

When I looked in the bch file for my championship it had deleted the entries I had added for NinthPlace = 2, TenthPlace =1 but I think it had managed to grab the point values for 9th and 10th which I had tried to add into SIM_OFFICIAL.gdb in the Gamedata folder.

When I checked through the .bch file for a full breakdown of different drivers, I could see it had been awarding points for 9th and 10th. I think what it's doing is taking the values for 1st-8th from the .bch file and then 9th and 10th from Sim_Official.gdb

Last edited by kendo1978; 15 May 18 at 08:35.
kendo1978 is offline   Reply With Quote