NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Need For Speed: SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Unread 16 July 11, 11:31   #101
shaystarwars98

I have an Apple Wireless Keyboard; it doesn't have a number pad. Is there a way to change the controls for adjusting FOV?

This might be an extremely stupid question, but how do I install it? Do I just drop the .exe into my Shift 2 install folder? And then launch it when I play the game?
shaystarwars98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 July 11, 11:53   #102
ceth
Banned

No need to put it in shift folder, you can extract it where you want and launch it from there. You can see at the bottom it detects when the game is running, when your're in menus, and when you are on track.

To adjust FOV, just alt tab when you are on track, edit the value, and then alt-tab back to the game (you can do the same for any value editing, camera position etc.)
ceth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 July 11, 13:18   #103
shaystarwars98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceth View Post
To adjust FOV, just alt tab when you are on track, edit the value, and then alt-tab back to the game (you can do the same for any value editing, camera position etc.)
No, I know HOW to adjust FOV, it's just that my Apple Wireless Keyboard doesn't have the numeric keypad. And the Camera Control needs those keys to change the view. So I was asking if there is a way to change the keys needed to change the value. Kind of confusing, I know.
Unread 16 July 11, 13:42   #104
ceth
Banned

I understood your question, just thought you may also not know you can alt-tab to edit values.

About keys, some freeware will let your remap your keyboard keys. There's maybe a more userfriendly solution but at least that one will work. Grab one with which you can save profiles.
Unread 18 July 11, 15:59   #105
DayGlow

Do we know what value the fov are changing? I'd like to make a permanent change to the camera file for my fov as Camera Control really makes my game unstable.
DayGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 July 11, 07:26   #106
shaystarwars98

I'd like that too, actually.

But I still haven't even tried out Camera Control because I've been on vacation away from my computer; so I don't know how stable it will be for my install.
Unread 6 August 11, 22:00   #107
ravenmorpheus2k
Banned

Works great here. Many thanks for this app. Don't know how easy it was to do but it's certainly very handy.

Especially if like me all you want to do is move the seat back a bit so your not right on top of the steering wheel.

(And if it was easy to do then it's rather shameful SMS couldn't/wouldn't put such an option into the game).
ravenmorpheus2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 August 11, 23:00   #108
bubsterdoofus

Seems to hit framerate by about 10 - 15%. Anyone confirm?
bubsterdoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 August 11, 01:58   #109
shaystarwars98

It's amazing! Threw out all my camera mods! Thanks so much, Racer_S!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsterdoofus View Post
Seems to hit framerate by about 10 - 15%. Anyone confirm?
I didn't notice any difference in the frame rate.
Unread 14 August 11, 22:00   #110
CyCh0

Ok I had to register here to see if anyone found anything else out about the CTD happening. I can't get this to work despite setting it as administrator, starting it from within the game, within the cockpit. I've followed all the startup sequence instructions and sequences. It's so frustrating because I really want to use TrackIR. I'm using a Nvidia card too, so if anyone knows of any Nvidia control panel settings that they changed to help let me know. Also using a G27 wheel. I'm dying to use this mod but it just keeps crashing.

Another piece of information, I'm not running Shift 2 on drive C, my system drive is a small SSD and stuff is on a hard drive set as D:. Maybe it's not accounting for that?

Also, I'm running the steam version. I tried running it straight from the exe, but it doesn't make a difference. In fact the steam shell still starts with it.

UPDATE: Ok, try deleting the presets.dat file that comes with S2U CC and then just starting CC without it. I went about uninstalling a bunch of peripheral related software and unplugging things so I'm not sure but I think I found the solution. The presets.dat file may be the problem. It makes a new one for you when you start CC and seems to fill it fine.

Last edited by CyCh0; 15 August 11 at 01:08.
CyCh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 August 11, 08:04   #111
bandina

Hi, I have a question about Camera control, if I change and save new setting of the point of view in the cockpit, how can I replace the original setting view?

thank a lot.
bandina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 August 11, 08:07   #112
bandina

Hi, I have a question about Camera control, if I change and save new setting of the point of view in the cockpit, how can I restore (sorry no replace I have mistake) the original setting view?

thank a lot.
Unread 26 August 11, 01:04   #113
shaystarwars98

There's an edit button.
Unread 26 August 11, 08:02   #114
bandina

Thank, what is the button restrore? and also when I play the game, how can I see the screen of the c.c. because when I swich F1 I can't see nothing and I have to swich alt-tab for exit the game but this make a wrong screen (haze) when I return in the game. I remember that with NFS 1 I used the c.c. and was possible saw the c.c. screen in the game...
I use win. vista 32 bit.

Bye
Unread 30 August 11, 01:05   #115
izukon

I haven't actually tried this yet, but is there a way to make the swingman view not to move afar when accelerating at highspeed? It was like on the first SHIFT which it didn't really do this.
izukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 August 11, 16:50   #116
masterxino

i used the app and works like it should, but i was looking to get a personalized FOV for the cam and can't get it right writting the values.

I play with 3 monitors and res is 5040x1050.

My "problem" is the image in the side monitors, the games stretches the image to much in normal values.
Any one has ideias how to change that.

thanks for the app btw

Last edited by masterxino; 31 August 11 at 16:52. Reason: typo's ^^
masterxino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 September 11, 17:03   #117
Jonzy

Is there any instructions with this .exe? The readme file is just about the changes and I don't know what most settings do.

I desperately want an accelerated camera move, num key takes so much time alone.
Jonzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 September 11, 15:27   #118
ceth
Banned

Good question. I'm not sure you can do that. If someone know how, I'm interested in that too
Unread 25 September 11, 20:16   #119
Jonzy

this is weird, I am now having those CTD issues people talked about. The weird thing is it was working perfectly before and now everytime I try to use it, it CTD as soon the car is about to move. I tried to delete the profile and all and start as admin, no effects. Zero problem before yesterday.

EDIT:
Think I've fixed it. Unhook and plug back the g27 wheel and resave config seems to have done the trick.

Last edited by Jonzy; 25 September 11 at 20:29.
Jonzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 October 11, 06:53   #120
shoichikarasuma
Racing Merchandiser

CC 1.3.1 not working on me. Already running as Admin, pressing F1 and F2 to activate, making sure it shows "In Game". Tried pressing hotkeys and nothing works. Already browsing here and I didn't get any answers. Please help.

**UPDATE**

I just finally made the CC works on the game. I just run the game first, put in on the race, then execute CC either running normally or running as Admin, and I can finally modify the camera angles.

Last edited by shoichikarasuma; 20 October 11 at 02:01. Reason: Updated info
shoichikarasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 December 11, 22:56   #121
RareHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by izukon View Post
I haven't actually tried this yet, but is there a way to make the swingman view not to move afar when accelerating at highspeed? It was like on the first SHIFT which it didn't really do this.
Yeap!!

In the FOV tab, FOVMaxSpeedMPH.... choose: chase/swing camera in game, alt/tab and set the nmbr what you like in the corresponding field.

Using here 360,0000.

I liked the app, but here decreased performance by at least 10fps .

I'll try to venture into the edit camera.xml

srry the english

cheers
RareHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 March 12, 13:34   #122
zannatti

Can someone plz upload Camera Control 1.3.1? I cant download from original source ... Tnx !
zannatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 March 12, 16:10   #123
SolexRI

Found it on google:

http://www.gamew0rld.com/wp-content/...rol-v1.3.1.zip
SolexRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 April 12, 19:52   #124
Grandshift

this is really really stupid but can someone enlighten me how to use this preferably in stupid terms, it seems that no matter what i do i cant get it to work.

Grandshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 April 12, 20:46   #125
ermo

Actually, you might want to think twice about using it -- it causes S2U crashes according to darkcyde.

Search the old UCP thread for his findings. He attached a UCP compatible repack of a camera mod that just tweaks the in-game cameras.xml camera definition file, which shouldn't cause crashes AFAIK.
ermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 April 12, 22:15   #126
Grandshift

yeah i was getting crashes too causing me to think it was something i was doing. never mind, i think i can accomplish what i want without it.
Grandshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 August 12, 06:59   #127
clud

Thanks Racer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
clud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 September 12, 17:07   #128
ljusa

Does anybody know how to remove this "mud" from screen. What J need to edit in camera folder. J have unpacked game. J completely disable blur on impact. But dont now ho to remove this on screen.

J know its easy to disable damage, but J want to disable this in third person camera.

Last edited by ljusa; 3 September 12 at 17:17.
ljusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 September 12, 09:19   #129
T0MMY3688

@ljusa you can find it in the download section but this remove all dirt and mud splat from all camera views.

here: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=31774
T0MMY3688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 September 12, 11:12   #130
ljusa

Thanks. How J missed that.
ljusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 October 12, 13:25   #131
vectorslide

Hi guys. I'd like to know if it's possible to unlock / unblock the drivers head pitch that in Shift 1 was caused by acceleration / braking and bumps. I know we can adjust pitch through camera control but I can't find anything that would increase or enable the pitching of the drivers head.

Sorry for my English - any idea what I'm talking about ?
vectorslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 December 12, 12:52   #132
kolbac

Please help !
Anyone know what settings to change in the CC so that the camera behind the car will not move significantly during cornering, so it was like a tightly tied to the machine ... ??
kolbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 January 13, 13:05   #133
CMCSSC

How can I adjust the single car's camera position,not all car's?
CMCSSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 January 13, 23:30   #134
Kazumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolbac View Post
Please help !
Anyone know what settings to change in the CC so that the camera behind the car will not move significantly during cornering, so it was like a tightly tied to the machine ... ??
Look for these entries

<prop name="VelocityOriRatio" data="0.1" />
Will rotate the camera, so you can see the inner front wheel in cornering and drifting. 0 will completely prevent that, so that sounds like what you want to achieve

After that you can control it with the second entry

<prop name="OriRate" data="2.5;10;0" />

Lower then 10 would make it a bit looser and not almost completely stuck.

<prop name="TargetPertubationScale" data="1" />
Will randomly move the camera a bit. I'd recommend it at 0 because it has no real purpose unless you like the effect.

(code is from the cameraconfig.xml so once you have everything changed you could make the changes directly in that file as well)
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 January 13, 13:41   #135
MEFF1091

i edited cameraconfig for my custom chase cam but when i race on hockenheim historic, my custom cams are not working. all other tracks are fine. any solutions ?
MEFF1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 April 13, 12:24   #136
momogatto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljusa View Post
Does anybody know how to remove this "mud" from screen. What J need to edit in camera folder. J have unpacked game. J completely disable blur on impact. But dont now ho to remove this on screen.

J know its easy to disable damage, but J want to disable this in third person camera.
sorry of my english.
1 hi I want to know, if there is a mod that moves more right Speedometer?
2 what use this mod?

Last edited by momogatto; 23 April 13 at 12:41.
momogatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 December 13, 15:09   #137
tonaz

awesome app man, thanks a lot!!!!!
tonaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 14, 16:34   #138
theColeHardTruth

Anyone know how to edit the in-car camera so that it takes less than two millennia to rotate? It takes so long in this game that checking blind spots when overtaking becomes a challenge, because your view is off the road ahead of you for such a long time.
theColeHardTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 15, 18:27   #139
tonaz

This is one of the best app ever made and i used a lot ith SHIFT2.
Now I badly need the same thing for Project Cars
Unread 21 May 15, 08:59   #140
tonaz

I think Racer_S retired from development, i cannot contact him
bytheway thank you for your awesome works.
Unread 1 August 17, 15:37   #141
blitzkrieg44

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...GV0OVVTS1Z0LVk

you can get here guys
blitzkrieg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 18, 20:09   #142
dathyr1

Default Camera control for Shift 2 unleashed-trackir 5 problems

Hello,
It is now May 15 2018 and I am trying to get the Camera Control software to work with Shift 2 Unleashed. So far I have had no luck getting any camera responses with the num lock keys.

I hit the num lock enable key, I then hit *, and i try any of the other keys-no response or changes. Trackir is enabled with it = 1

What i have installed is 1 .dll file and a Folder with config and a couple other files in the folder put into the main Shift 2 racing folder. The camera control software has no .exe files. I have Shift 2.exe program setup for running in Admin.

Just trying to get my Trackir 5 device to work in Shift 2. Or get anything to work. Shift 2 has no other Mods installed, just a downloaded copy from STEAM.

My Computer System is Window 10, CPU Intel I7, GTX 1050, 16 Gig of Ram, Thrustmaster TMX wheel, and my Trackir 5 device. Maybe the camera software does not like Windows 10.

There have been no crashes, but there have been no camera control changes.

Thanks for the software, but any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

take care,
Dave
dathyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 18, 04:03   #143
dathyr1

I havent tried it yet but from my previous post, I think I am using the wrong camera software for Shift 2. The one I have installed is for the "NFS The Run". So in the next day or so I will try the correct software for Shift 2 and see how it goes. I got the download software from the blitzkrieg44 post.
dathyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote