NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Need For Speed: SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Unread 16 May 18, 00:27   #1
dathyr1

Default Question on MODS with STEAM-Shift1&Shift2

This is just a curious question since I am a STEAM user and have both Shift 1 and Shift 2 games. I havent done any MODS yet and have just found the NoGripRacing website.

STEAM has a feature where you can Validate the local files to check to see if I have the latest and greatest for each game program. I think is more for checking for official updates or installations.

Now if I start unpacking or changing things around in each game, does STEAM throw up a red flag and say the game is not valid? You are probably going to say dont do the Validate.

Again just curious how these MODS effect STEAM gaming features-especially the unpacking. This also applies to my other games I have which you have mods for on this website.

thank you,
Dave
dathyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 18, 23:23   #2
syhlif32
Premium Member

If you validate local files (your computer) any file not original will be overwritten.
It can be a nice feature if you got a corrupt file.

If you install Mods make a copy of the folders that gets changed so you can copy back in if games get updated.
My guess is that nether Shift 1 nor Shift 2 will receive more updates?
syhlif32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 18, 00:04   #3
dathyr1

Thank you for the info syhlif32. Yes, if I do make changes with new MODS, I will save original folder and files of Shift1 or Shift2 onto an external hard drive. I agree with you about any new updates for these two programs since they have been out for a while.
dathyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote