NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > General Discussion > Cockpits and Controllers

Unread 16 May 18, 14:46   #1
DomB

Default Fanatec Community Manager introduction

Hi everyone!

My name is Dom, and I’m the new Community Manager for Fanatec. I’ve been a sim enthusiast for many years, since the old Grand Prix Legends days! Previously, I was editor of Sim Racer Magazine in the UK, and more recently a writer for RoadtoVR.com, and I’ve always kept a close eye on developments in this outstanding hobby of ours.

I’ll be keenly following all relevant online communities, with the aim to promote positive discussion about our sim hardware, and to point people to our product site if they’re looking for more detailed information. For existing customers, I’ll try to answer their questions as quickly as I can, or to direct them to our support department if the query requires a more specific response. I hope to bring Fanatec and the broader sim racing community closer together by being the first point of contact whenever possible.

Happy sim racing!
DomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 18, 16:53   #2
Jim Sikora

Default Good news...

Hi Dom!

I'm in the process of ordering a Fanatec Club Sport v2.5 wheelbase with the BMW wheel and Club Sport v3 pedals. I have a Thrustmaster TH8RS gated shifter already. My main sim is PCars 2.

My question is this: Do you know if this combination will work (in PCars 2), or will I need to also get the Fanatec SQ v1.5 shifter? Maybe this is more of a PCars 2 question...

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer me!

Jim
Jim Sikora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 18, 06:34   #3
DomB

Hi Jim!

Nice choice! I assume you are using a PC, in which case your suggested combination of hardware should work perfectly with PCARS2. In fact I've used a similar combo for a couple of years.

I should note that the Fanatec shifter has some advantages in terms of performance and convenience - it's a more realistic feeling mechanism, and it's far easier to switch between sequential and H-pattern. It would also connect directly into the V2.5 base, rather than taking up another USB port (and this also means everything shows up on the same driver page in the control panel).
DomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 18, 18:20   #4
Jim Sikora

Thank you very much for the info, Dom!!!

Good news!
Jim Sikora is offline   Reply With Quote