Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2

Unread 29 April 08, 00:50   #1
stangnutlx

Default G25 FFB settings

Anyone have a good setup for GTR2?
stangnutlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 April 08, 01:08   #2
Thingriz

Look to the Force Feedback Tweaking guide by Julien Regnard to start with. This will get your wheel set up the way you want. From there it's all just small tweaks in the FFB menu to get it right.

Sorry to say that you will have to work out your own feel. Everyone is different in the way they like their car to act. What I like, you may hate. No quick one size fit's all when it comes to this. Time and patient's is the key.

I would also suggest downloading a more extensive FFB menu if you haven't already. There are many different ones to choose from. Each with their good and bad points. I am currently using the one from Damustus. It's excellent and he keeps making it better.

One big thing is the wheel you are using. You failed to mention that? Good luck.
Thingriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 April 08, 01:21   #3
stangnutlx

Im using the G25
stangnutlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 April 08, 18:42   #4
gchev

should we set in control panel/controller/settings/ to the default one?
i found the wheel too heavy,is there better settings than the default.
gchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 April 08, 19:04   #5
Jack Stand

Well,,,as we all know, FFB settings are very personal...having said that I'll give you mine...in the Logitech profiler I set the following (both in device and global settings)
FFB = 100%
Spring = 45%
damper = 0%

centering spring box is checked to enable but set at 0%

let the game decide is disabled

Then I utilized the information in Juls " FFB Guide" located in the downloads section "misc files" I think and mentioned above to tweak the settings in the .plr file - remembering to back up my .plr file to a safe place before playing around in there....

Now my G25 feels really good...I can feel the tires chatter in a turn and the rear end step out etc...I'm not totally happy with the slop in the center say from 11:00 to 1:00..as this is where the wheel goes a bit light...but I'm still working on that

There is a ton of info here about these settings..do a search and you'll eventually find it. Read,read,read and it will come to you

The wheel CAN be made to feel much better than default or stock...
I'm not at my gaming PC...I'll try to paste a bit of my .plr settings later today for you to have a look at...you can compare it against your current .plr and deduce what the changes I've made do to the feel of the wheel...
Jack Stand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 April 08, 20:17   #6
gchev

thank you jack for the quick reply
i just found julien regnard tweak guide,i will give it a try
and yes i would like to compare your prl file from what i am using now.
question
do you run the profiler while you play gtr2?

i appreciate your help
thank you
gchev

Last edited by gchev; 30 April 08 at 20:32.
gchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 April 08, 20:28   #7
Jack Stand

I have 2 different setups...first one is the one I use online...second is for my offline use...they have a bit different feel...I can't decide which I like better..one is a bit more "heavy" then the other. Hope you find this helpful!!
Remember to back up your original .plr,,,

I appreciate any input from others as to how I might make these settings better.

ON LINE
FFB Device Type="9" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="2" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.00000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.50000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.00000" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="0.80000" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="0.73000" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.90000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="0.65000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer update thresh="0.0001500000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.90000" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.00000" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0

FFB Device Type="9" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="2" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.00000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.57000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.05000" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="0.90000" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="0.79000" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.75000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.70000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="0.55000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer update thresh="0.0001500000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.11200" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.10000" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
Jack Stand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 December 09, 22:58   #8
scooterlord

Default I hope someone is still reading this thread...

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!

I don't seem to be able to properly configure the G25 with GT Legends. I can't set the clutch nor the h-pad for proper use, GT Legends doesn't seem to recognise them at all

. Any ideas? I am using Windows 7.
scooterlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 December 09, 08:38   #9
merlin

hi ,jack would i copy and paste that into my plr and comp will over write it ? or do i manualy input each line?
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 December 09, 08:01   #10
GPHawaii

Copy & Paste. But, please make sure you make a backup of your original PLR file.
GPHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote