NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > General Discussion > Computech

Old 15 March 09, 23:34   #1
pinje

Default Dual Monitor help

Does anyone use SoftTH with rFactor/GTL/GTR2/Evo. I have been trying to get them working for a while so it displays on two screens using SoftTh. Got it working with LiveForSpeed but even when I set it up exactly the same it never works. For instance rFactor displays as normal on the primary screen whilst the secondary just displays the SoftTH logo.

Anyone know how to fix this? or if there is another program I could try?

Thanks
pinje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 09, 19:29   #2
x3 racer

I use a video card with dual DVI out.
solves all the problems.
x3 racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 09, 21:36   #3
pinje

Thats what I have but I don't know how to set it up so rFactor use both at once.
How have you got yours set up?
Old 17 March 09, 15:14   #4
jcarno

Hello pinje, If you are using an Nvidia card I can help you.
jcarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 09, 16:19   #5
pinje

Hi jcarno, yeah am using a Nvidia 8800.
Old 17 March 09, 20:04   #6
jcarno

Hmmmmm........You know what??? I thought you wanted to run the game on one monitor and have some other software showing on the other. But, it looks like you want the game spread out across both monitors. Is this correct?? I really don't know what SoftTh is. Now all I can do is offer a few suggestions that may help. I've been using dual monitors on and off here but not like you want. Maybe try uninstalling that SoftTh. You might have to go into Nvidia control panel and set the resolution to equal the size of both monitors put together and make sure the game is set the same. You can make custom resolutions in the control panel but I'm not sure how that works for the game. This is just a guess I have never tried what I just explained for you to do. Good luck!! P.S. Sorry if I got your hopes up.
jcarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 09, 20:25   #7
pinje

yeah Im trying to get both monitors displaying the sim so one is the normal viewpoint whilst the other looks left/right. SoftTH allows you to do this but is really set up for 3 monitors. What I think would happen if i did it through the control panel is the middle of the view would be where the two monitors meet. Thanks anyway for your help. I'll keep trying.
Old 24 May 09, 09:35   #8
Rodrrico
Uploader

Did you solve the problem as I am having the same issue and have the same hardware as you do.
Rodrrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 09, 23:48   #9
Watermellon

This is easy. Open your Nvidia control panel. Set it too "Advanced Settings". Choose "Display"/ "Set up multiple displays". If you have both monitors plugged into your graphics card. You'll first be asked to choose one from a list. Choose "horizontal desktop (span)".
Then in no. 2 drop down list. You'll be asked which display you want to be first and second. The display to your left will be first. Then no. 3. choose first display as primary.
Apply. Then restart the games config. settings. choose a resolution that spans both monitors. I use. 2560x1024. For optimal results. Get two 3Dlens. Place over screens. which removes center frames. Finally get TrackIR so you can see around any remaining distortion in center of screen.
Watermellon is offline   Reply With Quote