Quote:
Originally Posted by intelpower View Post
no trolls, bye
Old 27 October 09, 14:03   #102
Empty Box
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
err, what do you think the report button does - it starts a topic in the Staff section, someone looks at it, and decides what to do based on the evidence available, sometimes no action is taken, sometimes a file might be suspended while we ask more questions about it and based on the outcome of that the file will either be reinstated or binned, and other times, when the file is blatantly breaking the rules, it gets binned.
I always thought it moved it to a staging area (As in suspends it) until a mod/admin takes action, but clearly not so. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 27 October 09, 14:46   #103
mallyauto86

i still would like to know if its possible to make the cd check compatible with ps3 and xbox versions of the game . . .
Old 27 October 09, 16:57   #104
Namaraki Souske

I really don't get all the people wailing and nagging about the new rules. Rules and laws are there to be respected, not ignored over and over again.
Obviously there must be a reason for the Admins to change them, because there are some problems with some of the uploaded content.
NoGrip is absolutly right to set new rules if they want to prevent further problems in the future.
I don't have the slightest problem losing mods that are not applying to NoGrip's rules. If they are illegal conversions even from older games I certaintly don't want to have them on my HDD.
And if I read comments about this theme like the user with the processor firm in his name I really get angry. Some people just don't get it.

Just be happy that we have a community like here at NoGrip, but what are some users doing? Spoiling the community with their miserable comments on NoGrip's rules. Come on! Get grown-up!

If one exceeds the speed limit on normal roads over and over again, what will he get for it in the end? Maybe a ban from driving, tickets for speeding and in the worst case he will hurt himself and others. No so different to the situation here I think.
Old 27 October 09, 17:10   #105
Husky42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaraki Souske View Post
I really don't get all the people wailing and nagging about the new rules. Rules and laws are there to be respected, not ignored over and over again.
Obviously there must be a reason for the Admins to change them, because there are some problems with some of the uploaded content.
NoGrip is absolutly right to set new rules if they want to prevent further problems in the future.
I don't have the slightest problem losing mods that are not applying to NoGrip's rules. If they are illegal conversions even from older games I certaintly don't want to have them on my HDD.
And if I read comments about this theme like the user with the processor firm in his name I really get angry. Some people just don't get it.

Just be happy that we have a community like here at NoGrip, but what are some users doing? Spoiling the community with their miserable comments on NoGrip's rules. Come on! Get grown-up!

If one exceeds the speed limit on normal roads over and over again, what will he get for it in the end? Maybe a ban from driving, tickets for speeding and in the worst case he will hurt himself and others. No so different to the situation here I think.
I actually think you fail to get it though, these rules actually affect the primary contributors to the community, so you say we have a great community but when you look at those who have left and do not publish anywork here anymore, you truly find that the greatest and best at NG have already gone.

This isnt even about the rules anymore and i fear the conversaion is going to go a direction of insult this member insult that member and play a huge game of semantics and i'm right vs your right consensus.

As such maybe it is time for a thread lock?

The rules have been stated, people may not like them but people will follow them here.

We just don't have to follow them where they do not apply.

So instead of making blind accusations of community spoiling Namaraki, understand that nobody that i can see except for one very disgruntled user is really complaining. And the rules affect a large percentage of the "addon community"

85% of the Mods on NG in terms of new content were from other games.

Everybody just needs to accept the rules and move on.

Rules are in place

Option is
A. Follow,
B. Dont Follow,
C. Follow but don't give a toss and get what you need where you want when you need it.

(its safe to say most of us fall into c)
Old 27 October 09, 17:14   #106
Namaraki Souske

No they don't effect most of the contributors, they affect those who created some problems for NoGrip, because otherwise they wouldn't bother with changing the rules.
Old 27 October 09, 17:21   #107
Husky42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaraki Souske View Post
No they don't effect most of the contributors, they affect those who created some problems for NoGrip, because otherwise they wouldn't bother with changing the rules.
No, nobody created any problems. To be honest I'm not sure where the rule change idea came from.

I strongly suspect it had to do with NFS Shift content being converted so fast and some staff members own personal moral objections.

Hence why a revised rule was in place, as thus far I have never seen an abuse of nogrips policy. Everybody has always insured that the rules as they were stated were always followed.

This is more or less nogrip changing policy because in this climate (being the world of business) it is better to protect assets then worry about having a large company come after them. They took what one company requested and generalized the rule.

Unless I missed something the rule change has nothing to do with individuals abuse as nobody ever abuse the rules that were in place (as i had seen)

So yes it does in fact affect the primary content contributors, although many of them have their own sites now.
Old 27 October 09, 17:21   #108
hpiracer
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder16 View Post
Hmmm, some of you seem to be concerned over the fact the rules have been changed. Can I just appeal to you all for some common sense for a few minutes here.

So I put down a challenge to those of who do not like the new rules. Do something positive and learn how to mod. See if you can beat the professionals at their own game. Someday it may be you making the original content for games.
Great suggestion.

But, you can see, that even if you are a Super Moderator... you get the same result.

Nobody will publicly agree with you.

At least one or two times in the past, others of us have asked the same question.... to the same result.

It seems the world is in "reverse engineer mode". Let someone else make it, then I will adapt it to something I want..... that is easier.

Mally, if a the technicality of rendering versus ingame is your question..... then if I were to answer your question, I would say no.

Why, because, your not stupid. You know what is going to happen.....

Somebody will PM you and ask where they can get the car for the game, somebody, somewhere will pass it around.... then the ingame shots start coming out.... then we are right back where we started from.

Which, is where we are, right now.

After the last time the rules were modified, it was all good for a little while, then this starts with someone wanting to get some attention. They post a shot of some car that ONLY they have.... somebody gets all excited and finds the link.... they hop on the boat because people are getting excited, the PM's come flooding in.... they feel like a big shot. Now the rest of the community wants it... Then, somebody passes it out or uploads it.

They feel like the big Man on campus.....run around bragging.... you know what I mean, you see it in LIFE every day...just related to other things.

I agree with the Admins about the suggestion of learning something. I wanted a certain paint on a car.... for years, nobody would paint me a car. So, I finally taught myself how to paint cars. The same with Trackside Cameras for the tracks we run... some I didn't like, so I learned how to edit and improve those.

3D modeling, would be a wonderful thing to know how to do. But, many of you know, that you don't have to look far to find an existing model......But it takes time and talent to make a free standing in game car. Most folks in life want it easy, in this case, drag and drop.

In life, it would be plug and play.

It is always about the Easy Way Out. It seems nobody wants to do the work, but they all want the credit.
Old 27 October 09, 17:29   #109
hpiracer
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallyauto86 View Post
ok but for example if you want 1 car out of shift and your pc wont run shift you have to pay 60 bucks to get one car out of the game ?

dont make sense . . . at all . . .
Would you pay 60 bucks for a Professionally built, competitive racing car... in real life?

I would, so why not for your Sim/Game???

Or, like I did when the world went got GTR2 from GTR.... I had to buy a newwer PC to run it..... so buy a PC that will run it....

60 bucks, or 1600 bucks.... take your pick...
Old 27 October 09, 20:52   #110
the brace
Uploader

Now that things seem to have cooled down a little, I thought I would add my two pennyworth.

This whole rule change business has been very badly handled so far, and I am sure I am not alone in now being in some doubt as to what is allowed and what isn't. The rules do not permit uploads that constitute conversions of original game content (with conditions/exceptions) or other modders' content (without permission). This seems absolutely right and proper. However, there is nothing currently in the rules, as published, that prohibits uploading a skin for a car that is deemed 'illegal', although having seen what has disappeared during the day it seems that moderators are interpreting this differently.

The problem is simply one of a total lack of clarity. I suggest that ONE person (and in my view it should be the site owner since he is the only one genuinely and personally at risk of attack from the 'big corporations' who are the original game publishers) should decide precisely what is allowed and redraft the rules as openly as possible but in such a way that he is properly protected. In doing so, I suggest also that it is unhelpful simply to refer to 'illegal mods' since this necessarily presumes that everyone knows what is illegal and what is not. For example (and just using GTR2 as an example) I believe that the Caterham is illegal, but there are skins available here now. Similarly the Fiat 131. I wouldn't know what the position is regarding the Ferrari F430s, the Marcos LM600, the various mods with 997 Porsches, the Formula 3000 cars ... and so on.

Once a clear set of rules is published then everyone, including moderators, will know precisely where they are and we can all get back to normal. At present, there is a great risk that uploaders will feel uncertain, and perhaps even under attack, and merely go elsewhere to upload their skins etc, and frankly nogrip without uploads is not worth a candle - not good for anyone.

Hope this makes some sense

Last edited by the brace; 27 October 09 at 21:29. Reason: bad English
Old 27 October 09, 21:18   #111
Viper

How refreshing to have some positive criticism. Thanks.
Old 27 October 09, 21:25   #112
Empty Box
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder16 View Post
So I put down a challenge to those of who do not like the new rules. Do something positive and learn how to mod. See if you can beat the professionals at their own game. Someday it may be you making the original content for games.

You know what I just have an urge to take another shot at 3D modelling again.
Why ding ding ding we have a winner. My thoughts exactly. This community as a whole has become far to complacent in just waiting for xxxxx group to release something new, for one to buy it and share the content with all. Hopefully this will energize some to try and learn something new.

Old 28 October 09, 00:17   #113
mallyauto86

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiracer View Post
Would you pay 60 bucks for a Professionally built, competitive racing car... in real life?

I would, so why not for your Sim/Game???

Or, like I did when the world went got GTR2 from GTR.... I had to buy a newwer PC to run it..... so buy a PC that will run it....

60 bucks, or 1600 bucks.... take your pick...
i get your point but already buying shift on ps3 why should i buy it again when i have payed for it just to be able to play the cars in another game ?
n my pc will take it im sure.
Old 28 October 09, 00:49   #114
CX650
Grumpy old Git

Quote:
why should i buy it again when i have payed for it
Quite so, but that is a different debate.
Old 28 October 09, 01:12   #115
mallyauto86

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX650 View Post
Quite so, but that is a different debate.
Exactly hense why i asked if it was possible to make the cd check valid for other platform copys
Old 28 October 09, 01:25   #116
CX650
Grumpy old Git

Quote:
Exactly, hence why i asked if it was possible to make the cd check valid for other platform copies
As I said, a different debate, not for this thread.
Old 28 October 09, 04:45   #117
Zoomie
GTLWorkshopper

i don't see why concole discs should be made compatible with the pc. You want to play shift on your xbox, you have to buy the xbox version, you want to play it on your pc ...
Old 28 October 09, 04:55   #118
CX650
Grumpy old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
i don't see why concole discs should be made compatible with the pc. You want to play shift on your xbox, you have to buy the xbox version, you want to play it on your pc ...
Sorry buddy, I must disagree.

If I happen to be lucky enough to possess both a PC and an XBOX, why should I be forced to buy the same game twice? I am sure that the publishers can make a mutually compliant version. It smacks of profiteering to me.
Old 28 October 09, 05:10   #119
Zoomie
GTLWorkshopper

Because if i have no pc, but an xbox and a ps3, I have to buy one for each. Why should modders go the extra mile on such technical things for no benefit to themselves. That's something for publishers to do. Ppl are asking too much for free ...
Old 28 October 09, 05:20   #120
Zoomie
GTLWorkshopper

Also, it should be fairly obvious that if a mod is not allowed here, then something dependant on that mod wouldn't be either. What's the point of putting up a skin or sound here, but having to go elsewhere to get the mod?
Old 28 October 09, 05:42   #121
sunalp2
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Also, it should be fairly obvious that if a mod is not allowed here, then something dependant on that mod wouldn't be either. What's the point of putting up a skin or sound here, but having to go elsewhere to get the mod?
Correct.

If the mod can't be hosted here neither can any addons.
Old 28 October 09, 07:18   #122
the brace
Uploader

Quote:
So if we follow that logic then, for example, we should not be uploading skins for any of Butch's fine work for GTL or for Power & Glory for fear of breaking the rules, which would be quite absurd.

Just because a mod isn't hosted here doesn't mean it would break nogrip rules. It is simply a matter of choice for the modder, or may be driven by the 100mb limit. This is why the problem of having clear rules is not a simple one, and why it needs one person to think carefully about what they are seeking to achieve.
Old 28 October 09, 07:54   #123
Viper

There is a difference between "not allowed here" and "not hosted here".

Also, if someone isn't sure about uploading a certain file you can always PM a staff member.
Which is also advised in the rules.
Old 28 October 09, 08:01   #124
sunalp2
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunalp2 View Post
Correct.

If the mod can't be hosted here neither can any addons.
Butch is more than welcome to host his files here but he chooses not to.

Also some mods may be bigger than 100mb so they will not be able to be hosted here.

So I will re phrase that:

Quote:
If the mod contravenes site rules then no additional files for that mod will be hosted here either.
Old 28 October 09, 09:01   #125
the brace
Uploader

Quote:
Butch is more than welcome to host his files here but he chooses not to.

Also some mods may be bigger than 100mb so they will not be able to be hosted here.

So I will re phrase that:
Absolutely right - and that's the problem with drafting a clear and unambiguous rule. Mods hosted elsewhere do not come with a 'nogrip approved' sticker. And few of us know the provenance of all the components of a mod. So, to re-emphasise my earlier point - I wouldn't know what the position is regarding the (GTR2) Ferrari F430s, the Marcos LM600, the various mods with 997 Porsches, the Formula 3000 cars ... and so on.

I am not saying that a rule can't or shouldn't be drafted, just that it is not a straightforward matter, which is why 'the boss' needs to decide what needs to be done for him to avoid 'jail', while being sufficiently liberal for nogrip to remain an interesting and attractive site to visit.
Old 28 October 09, 10:12   #126
Zoomie
GTLWorkshopper

You can't really make a rule for every conceivable situation. You take the rules as they are, look at the spirit they were created in, and apply on a case by case basis.

What you want is a nice list of all mods. You want a proper list, we need something like a roundtable for that, to make sure the list is accurate.

Also, if you take my logic to it's final conclusion, nogrip shouldn't be hosting gtr2 files either, since nogrip doesn't host gtr2. But we're people so we exercise a bit of intelligence and common sense, not computers that blindly follow rules to the letter.
Old 28 October 09, 10:29   #127
mallyauto86

Quote:
Because if i have no pc, but an xbox and a ps3, I have to buy one for each. Why should modders go the extra mile on such technical things for no benefit to themselves. That's something for publishers to do. Ppl are asking too much for free ...
asking for to much for free ?

i'm a modder myself i contribute to this comunity unlike some. i'm eaven trying to learn how to use bobs track builder.

if i was ever to convert somthing for shift i would make sure people that have baught the game could use it wether its on pc, ps3 or eaven sega megadrive for all i care youve paid your money once dont see why you should pay for it once more.

that would be like buying a game for pc but the game only allowing you to install it once after that you'd have to buy it again and again just plain ridiculous. after all it's still all illegal what is happening about the conversions.

I respect the rules inplace but as CX said they arn't the issue for that i was simply enquiring wether it was a possiblity.
Old 28 October 09, 10:34   #128
ravenmorpheus2k
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiracer View Post
Great suggestion.

But, you can see, that even if you are a Super Moderator... you get the same result.

Nobody will publicly agree with you.

At least one or two times in the past, others of us have asked the same question.... to the same result.

It seems the world is in "reverse engineer mode". Let someone else make it, then I will adapt it to something I want..... that is easier.

Mally, if a the technicality of rendering versus ingame is your question..... then if I were to answer your question, I would say no.

Why, because, your not stupid. You know what is going to happen.....

Somebody will PM you and ask where they can get the car for the game, somebody, somewhere will pass it around.... then the ingame shots start coming out.... then we are right back where we started from.

Which, is where we are, right now.

After the last time the rules were modified, it was all good for a little while, then this starts with someone wanting to get some attention. They post a shot of some car that ONLY they have.... somebody gets all excited and finds the link.... they hop on the boat because people are getting excited, the PM's come flooding in.... they feel like a big shot. Now the rest of the community wants it... Then, somebody passes it out or uploads it.

They feel like the big Man on campus.....run around bragging.... you know what I mean, you see it in LIFE every day...just related to other things.

I agree with the Admins about the suggestion of learning something. I wanted a certain paint on a car.... for years, nobody would paint me a car. So, I finally taught myself how to paint cars. The same with Trackside Cameras for the tracks we run... some I didn't like, so I learned how to edit and improve those.

3D modeling, would be a wonderful thing to know how to do. But, many of you know, that you don't have to look far to find an existing model......But it takes time and talent to make a free standing in game car. Most folks in life want it easy, in this case, drag and drop.

In life, it would be plug and play.

It is always about the Easy Way Out. It seems nobody wants to do the work, but they all want the credit.
Jeff I have to ask this of you - if people didn't convert cars from other games, some of which you've skinned for, would you still have much of a hobby?

We all know that models take time and effort, which is why we give credit to the people who's models we borrow but very few people in any modding community, not just the sim racing community, have the skills necessary to create models from scratch and yet many communities still operate without a check on who owns what when they've downloaded a mod and they will probably continue to do so.

Until games companies come out and actively pursue the closure of such communities or make statements to the effect of "we're pissed off with conversions they must stop" I think it's fair to say they (the games companies) don't mind conversions as long as, as Pizzaman said, no-one is making money out of them, and given that most of us give the same respect we give to modders, i.e. credit where it's due, many of us don't see a problem.

New games, sure it's a bit much converting Shift or Race On cars when they have only just been released, that I can agree is wrong.

But you can't just go around accusing people of being lazy, and taking the easy way out, when converting cars often requires more work than just taking the model from one game and plugging it into another, take the Ford GT I converted to Evo as an example, I had to learn how to UVW map (and I still need to learn some more) because the UVW mapping on the body shell wasn't right for a SimBin title, I wouldn't have learnt that if I could simply take the Ford GT and plug it straight into Evo.

If either you or sidewinder actually converted cars you would know it's not as easy as you make out, otherwise everyone would be able to do it.

So please get off your high horse.

Last edited by ravenmorpheus2k; 28 October 09 at 10:41.
Old 28 October 09, 10:36   #129
Zoomie
GTLWorkshopper

If you have a blue-ray drive in your pc, why not try it yourself then?

Otherwise, you'd have to hope a modder who wants to do that has a PC with a blue-ray drive in his PC, and just to be fair to everyone who downloads the mod, a copy of the game in xbox360, PS3, PC and digital distribution formats. Probably have to make sure the installer is bug free too.
Old 28 October 09, 10:41   #130
mallyauto86

Quote:
If you have a blue-ray drive in your pc, why not try it yourself then?

Otherwise, you'd have to hope a modder who wants to do that has a PC with a blue-ray drive in his PC, and just to be fair to everyone who downloads the mod, a copy of the game in xbox360, PS3, PC and digital distribution formats. Probably have to make sure the installer is bug free too.
Not neciserily the modding comunity is large people can help eachother get around this it's not much to do really the modder does the pc check he passes it on to somone he trusts to add the ps3 check etc etc. then you have it a perfect mod that is a available for all who own shift
Old 28 October 09, 10:44   #131
Zoomie
GTLWorkshopper

Then find them and do it
Old 28 October 09, 10:51   #132
mallyauto86

Quote:
Then find them and do it
i was enquiriing if it was legal with the site rules more than anything
Old 28 October 09, 10:52   #133
Zoomie
GTLWorkshopper

It hasn't occurred so why make a rule for a hypothetical situation.
Old 28 October 09, 10:56   #134
mallyauto86

Quote:
It hasn't occurred so why make a rule for a hypothetical situation.
urm to avoid being banned maybe and why bother doing it if its not going to be allowed here it would be a waste of time . .
Old 28 October 09, 10:58   #135
Zoomie
GTLWorkshopper

first see if you can do it before worrying about that
Old 28 October 09, 14:52   #136
Veloce
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the brace View Post
However, there is nothing currently in the rules, as published, that prohibits uploading a skin for a car that is deemed 'illegal', although having seen what has disappeared during the day it seems that moderators are interpreting this differently.

there is now, I have added this section to the Rules:

Quote:
Add-on files for Conversions/Mods

You may not upload add-on files(e.g. car skins, modified physics, texture updates etc.) for Conversions / Mods that would not be allowed under the appropriate rules above.
Old 28 October 09, 23:25   #137
Pizzaman
Minifreak & Muscleman

I have a genuine question and as yet it has been unanswered.
Maybe it is a bit diffivcult to catch a question between all the debate...

As I'm currently working on a mod pertaining original EA content, related to Need For Speed,
it is of some importance to me if I can upload it here, or not.

So:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
if you read the whole rule there are conditions that allow exemptions..
Well... maybe I can't read the rules right... but regarding OLD EA content, specifically NFS, I see a few exemptions. I still think there MAY be a problem with site rules:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Site Rules
original game content from the latest releases, while said latest release is less than 12 months old
OK I guess no problems there...

Conversions of original game content to competing game titles is not allowed (e.g. GTR2 -> rFactor, NFS Shift -> Race On) unless a CD\DVD check that...

... IMO they are not competing, and never were, and never will.
So no DVD check needed, this game was old when GTR2 was released.
And it certainly did not compete wtih GTLegends or GTR2 at all.
So, no CD check needed?

But that's just my opinion, maybe the site staff feels different?

BTW EA have stated that they allow conversion, as long as the converter doesn't make any money of it (said that before).

So: will old EA converted content be allowed at NoGrip?
Old 29 October 09, 00:02   #138
mallyauto86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaman View Post
I have a genuine question and as yet it has been unanswered.
Maybe it is a bit diffivcult to catch a question between all the debate...

As I'm currently working on a mod pertaining original EA content, related to Need For Speed,
it is of some importance to me if I can upload it here, or not.

So:

Well... maybe I can't read the rules right... but regarding OLD EA content, specifically NFS, I see a few exemptions. I still think there MAY be a problem with site rules:

OK I guess no problems there...

Conversions of original game content to competing game titles is not allowed (e.g. GTR2 -> rFactor, NFS Shift -> Race On) unless a CD\DVD check that...

... IMO they are not competing, and never were, and never will.
So no DVD check needed, this game was old when GTR2 was released.
And it certainly did not compete wtih GTLegends or GTR2 at all.
So, no CD check needed?

But that's just my opinion, maybe the site staff feels different?

BTW EA have stated that they allow conversion, as long as the converter doesn't make any money of it (said that before).

So: will old EA converted content be allowed at NoGrip?
so we can convert from shift all we want ? as long as we dont sell it to people ? so the simbin ISI etc stuff grid etc ok cd check needed agreed.

but EA content well we can do this without a CD check ? or is this site placing policies that are not needed ?

I really can understand the cd checks for the codies cames and simbin ones. but if EA stated that whats all the fuss about ?
Old 29 October 09, 00:18   #139
Pizzaman
Minifreak & Muscleman

They stated that about the older games Mally...
Those that are '3 for 5 bucks' at your local grocery store.
Old 29 October 09, 06:39   #140
Goresh

My NASCAR and Craftsman Truck mod have been reported and removed so I'm guessing the rules would include old EA conversions. As a result I've deleted all my work and won't be uploading another file to this site.
Old 29 October 09, 06:45   #141
GTR Dude
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goresh View Post
My NASCAR and Craftsman Truck mod have been reported and removed so I'm guessing the rules would include old EA conversions. As a result I've deleted all my work and won't be uploading another file to this site.

Where's the love??????
Old 29 October 09, 08:27   #142
sunalp2
Grease Monkey

Quote:

Where did that information come from?
Old 29 October 09, 08:38   #143
Pizzaman
Minifreak & Muscleman

Quote:
Where did that information come from?
I will have a search on that, see if I can find it.
I thought I found it somewhere on a CD.

BTW... I also found a VERY GOOD REASON why having a CD check for those games won't work.
You can download them for free... at least a trial version. Maybe better not post links here...
And it has been a while since I saw one of those CD's, even in the '3 for 5 bucks' bin.

Last edited by Pizzaman; 29 October 09 at 08:58.
Old 29 October 09, 08:39   #144
mallyauto86

Quote:
They stated that about the older games Mally...
Those that are '3 for 5 bucks' at your local grocery store.
oooooh i see damm . .
Old 30 October 09, 06:50   #145
Liquid4653
Banned

Quote:
Totally agree Goresh, this has got way out of hand.

CD-checks are pretty useless given there are many cd mini-images around the net that will still verify against a cd check anyway.

Slowly but surely this site is dying
Old 30 October 09, 07:50   #146
Ron123
Banned

Quote:
after reading these threads I can see this happening on a regular basis ...................
Old 30 October 09, 09:05   #147
Banned

Hey, I even apologized to the webmaster and the webdirector yesterday for my behaviour... but today I can't post my corrected file... I can read "(I) don't have permission" on submit section... why?!?
Old 30 October 09, 09:20   #148
CX650
Grumpy old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10041898 View Post
Hey, I even apologized to the webmaster and the webdirector yesterday for my behaviour... but today I can't post my corrected file... I can read "(I) don't have permission" on submit section... why?!?
Very simple. You re-uploaded it after it was suspended for admin evaluation.
Old 30 October 09, 09:33   #149
Ron123
Banned

I dont want to get into a big row with people but after reading all these threads if we are to follow these rules 100% then can we all delete 98% of all uploads (mods/tracks/skins etc) as they are illegal if you want me to explain this I will...
Old 30 October 09, 11:57   #150
Veloce
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron123 View Post
if we are to follow these rules 100% then can we all delete 98% of all uploads (mods/tracks/skins etc) as they are illegal if you want me to explain this I will...
No thanks, but err, if that was the case we'd have just deleted the entire downloads section and probably closed the site, rather than just suspended a few files.

If people choose to have hissy fits and delete all of their uploads just because one file was suspended well.. their loss, and yours, but perhaps they could have just thought about it and realised all they needed to do was upload a revised version that included a cd check and all would have been rosy...

Final word.. silly arguments about cd images are not going to work, you're missing the point that both the uploader and site have taken reasonable measures to ensure the files are used appropriately.

Topic closed as we seem to have moved past any reasonable questions that might be asked.
Closed Thread