NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Rally Trophy

Unread 26 October 14, 00:55   #51
trafiken

Default Testing version 1.4 with Rally Championship Xtreme

I thought I should give some feedback on the new features that was added on my request. Thank You!

- Actions filtering
Excellent! No problems to assign handbrake to controller button in Rally Championship Xtreme.

- Save changes to more than one controller on "OK"
Yes it works

- Reset changes on all controllers on "Cancel"
It works too.

- Button numbers from 1 to 128
Excellent! I used vJoy to set up two virtual controllers with 128 buttons each. DirectX supports up to 128 buttons. Buttons are numbered correctly. The text is in English only but that is OK. ("Taste 0" is shown as "Button 1" and so on)

About vJoy
I use vJoy together with UJR - Universal Joystick Remapper for old games that do not know about other axes than X and Y. For example Colin McRae Rally 1. Google "Universal Joystick Remapper".

About Pointy's Joystick Test
I found this tool to be very user friendly for figuring out button numbers. It is basically the same thing as Device Control Panel but it does not need to have focus to update the graphics. It also supports 128 buttons (Device Control Panel only 32 buttons). Google "Pointy's Joystick Test".

Remaining issues
The dialog launch from Rally Championship Xtreme just fine. The changed settings gets saved. But when I return to the game it is upset and will crash eventually, sometimes in game, sometimes on exit. However when the game is restarted it reads the changed controller settings and works just fine. Maybe the dialog does not close the config file properly and that is upsetting the game. However, this is not a problem in Rally Trophy, strange...
trafiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 15, 17:59   #52
trafiken

Today I have tested Juiced on Windows 7. The Controls settings works just fine. The game sometimes hangs but I don't think it has to do with the controls setting dialog.
trafiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 August 15, 02:54   #53
x666x

Default I found other games that had this problem and this tool fixed them

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk__ View Post
While this patch was originally developed for Rally Trophy, it might be applicable to other games (or any programs) that have the same problem. This is a list of games that have been tested with the patch:
  • Juiced - works with 1.4
  • Rally Championship Xtreme - should work with 1.4

This list is not exhaustive; if you know of any other games that share this particular issue, just try them with this patch and report your findings in this thread.
Hi, I want to confirm that it also works with Paris-Dakar Rally which suffered from the same problem. It should probably work with Euro Rally Champion as well.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 December 15, 13:58   #54
Lord_Verminaard

Bringing this thread back up for a question. I recently re-installed RT with all the fixings to get back in to some classic rally action, currently just using keyboard/mouse for all my sim racing right now as I don't have the room/setup for a wheel yet. I have been using Vjoy/FreePIE for GTL/GTR2/P&G mouse steer and it is working out pretty well for me and would like to use it for RT as well. However any time I set the x-axis of my "vjoy" device in the input config for turning, it does not work in-game. I have verified that the input is going through (watching the freePIE script) but I start a rally and it does not detect the mouse input. There is also a section in the control configuration in RT for mouse however it will not let me use the X-axis for steering. Is there any way around this or has anyone else used mouse steer for RT somehow?

Thanks,
Brendan
Lord_Verminaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 December 15, 23:10   #55
fk__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Verminaard View Post
There is also a section in the control configuration in RT for mouse however it will not let me use the X-axis for steering.
To start from the bottom: yeah, the mouse section is there because I ask DirectInput for devices and that's what it lists. You can actually use it to map "button" actions to mouse buttons, but the "axis" actions aren't marked for use with mouse axes. I actually played around with it, removing all the filters and forcibly assigning "Turn" to a mouse axis -- and DirectInput apparently discarded that mapping when I tried to save it. I could probably hack around that, but I don't think the game was designed to support mouse steering natively in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Verminaard View Post
However any time I set the x-axis of my "vjoy" device in the input config for turning, it does not work in-game. I have verified that the input is going through (watching the freePIE script) but I start a rally and it does not detect the mouse input.
I tried the vjoy+FreePIE combination and... well, it didn't work to begin with. I made a few code changes and at some point, it started working. Then I reverted those code changes and it kept working. At this point, I choose to believe that's a coincidence though. A few things you could try:

- If you didn't already, check in the Windows game controller settings that your script is actually influencing your virtual joystick, just to rule that out.
- Are you maybe running Rally Trophy as administrator? If you are, don't. I'm not sure that could be the reason, but RT doesn't need admin anyway.
- Did you actually assign actions to your virtual joystick in the RT config dialog or did you just look at the default assignments? (Related, did you actually save your changes or did you click Cancel/hit Escape and they got discarded?) Maybe try changing a few things. The game has an odd and unexplained tendency to latch onto a single input device and only let you use that one device in races; changing and saving your settings with the controls dialog usually fixes that.
- And since that's something I fixed in 1.4, are you using that version (which is the latest release since August 2014)?
- Could you add keyboard bindings for moving the virtual joystick to your script and see if those work, just to be sure?

I dunno. It didn't work for me and now it does, and I'm reasonably confident that it wasn't any of the changes I made to the code, but I'm not sure what it was I did.
fk__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 December 15, 18:09   #56
Lord_Verminaard

Thanks for the replies. I will try your suggestions and see if anything makes it work.

I do think I have the game running as admin (Windows 10) so I will set it to not and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again, I'll reply if anything makes it work.

Brendan
Unread 12 January 16, 17:15   #57
Lord_Verminaard

Well, I have tried multiple different things and cannot get it to work. If I map an axis to keyboard it will respond but not with the mouse. Who knows why.

Thanks though for helping me out!

Brendan
Unread 21 October 16, 15:22   #58
Brian Speake

HAs anyone ever worked out to change up/down using buttons on a G27. Buttons 1-4 on the gearchange unit work ok but nothing on the actual wheel inc paddle shift.
Brian Speake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 February 17, 01:35   #59
Flawz

using the xbox one controller i can't seem to hold nitro in juiced, keyboard works fine but if i use any of the keys on the controller to use nitro all i get is a blip then it stops, doesn't channel correcetly
Flawz is offline   Reply With Quote