NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Codemasters F1 series > F1 2013

Unread 14 August 14, 07:59   #1
nocturna351

Default Discussion about F1 race games

Hi,
Situation is like this: Both me & my friend like racing games & my favorite game is F1 series (F1 2013 mostly) & when I let him play it, he says, it's not realistic. He says F1 cars doesn't move & stop in real like in that game. Of course we can't expect from game 100% realism, but his point is that, in some games, for ex. NFS Shift series, cars are very close to realism & that games with cars in general are close to realism, while F1 games ain't. I said, I didn't get what he's talking about. He said, when F1 car enters in corner it's very different in TV comparing to game & in short, he doesn't like F1 2013 & he suggested me to watch F1 real videos to see the difference. He said, it's probably hard to achieve realism in F1 games as good as in normal car games like Shift. So, my point of this thread is to hear others opinion, especially of those who play simulator games. What do you think about it? Is my friend right or not?
nocturna351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 August 14, 11:08   #2
Goresh

They are all games and none of them are 100% spot on simulators.

Last edited by Goresh; 14 August 14 at 22:09.
Unread 14 August 14, 22:02   #3
Vonbakker

I think everyone who has first hand knowledge of how a real F1 car feels to drive has responded to this thread, including your friend. Is it fun to drive?, is it challenging to do well? , then thats all we as gamers really need.

Whats the difference of saying a game F1 doesnt corner like a real one , when a game will never recreate the G force load or the seat of pants feel a real car does. Personally i tweek the difficulty vs AI so that i have to pretty much drive a flawless race to do well and thats usualy satisfaction enough for me.

I like F1 2013, besides having to start as Toro Rosso (bleh), but with shifting + DRS + Kers is alot of button pushing, let alone what else they do in Real life, like adjusting brake bias all the time
Vonbakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 August 14, 12:25   #4
JumpStart
Premium Member

IMHO I think there best games and the ones that offer the best feel and immersion are;

GSC extreme
Assetto Corsa
Race Room Racing Experience (R3E)
pCARS
GTR2

F1-2013 is fun, not as realistic as the one mentioned above. though I do thin F1 2013 offers better career mode

Shift /Shift 2 are fun and offer nice career modes, but not realistic as the games listed above
JumpStart is offline   Reply With Quote