NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2 > Power and Glory Mod > P&G Multiplayer

Unread 9 September 14, 20:01   #1
DucFreak

Arrow GTR2 and P&G - ALTERNATIVE ONLINE LOBBY (for when official one is down)

With the recent bankruptcy of SimBin, and with some unsure situation about the official GTR2 online lobby maintenance, both leagues and public servers of GTR2 and P&G may have problems now and then.

The alternative solution when that happens is to activate the Pielsbierbude GTR2 lobby for online racing with P&G and GTR2, both by the server host and the clients.
It works exactly the same as the SimBin lobby.
Which means, it's a perfect solution whenever the official one is down.

For those confused and not knowing what to do, just download the attached ZIP file to this post and follow the simple instructions provided.

EDIT: the file is also available HERE

EDIT-2: when the SimBin GTR2 lobby is back online and you're using this alternative, you can just revert again by using the backup files. (as per instructions provided in the attached file)

No need to postpone or cancel online racing events of P&G and GTR2.

See you online!

PS: For the curious, Pielsbierbude are the same dedicated people of Altbierbude, having also the GT-Legends lobby working for that game for quite some time now.

Last edited by DucFreak; 29 October 14 at 19:43.
DucFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 March 17, 17:00   #2
rabbit85

Is this mod played now? I tried all possibilities. I use the steam key of the game. The games is from steam.

A few years ago i had no problems. Now when i want to play this mod it happens this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsv-KAGkGm4
rabbit85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 March 17, 18:54   #3
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit85 View Post
Is this mod played now? I tried all possibilities. I use the steam key of the game. The games is from steam.

A few years ago i had no problems. Now when i want to play this mod it happens this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsv-KAGkGm4
1). You need be sure that the server you're trying to join is a P&G server (and not a GTR2 server).
The online lobby is the same between P&G and GTR2 (afterall, P&G is a mod/expansion for GTR2), which means that you'll see both GTR2 and P&G room sessions/servers listed in there.

Ever since the start of P&G, we recommend that every server hosting P&G has some reference to the mod, like a "P&G" or "PnG" (or even "Power&Glory") indication in the name of the room session/server.
This is so that the players don't get confused with the dozens of GTR2 servers, and can instantly recognize a P&G session/server to race with our mod. But, unfortunately, there have been a few exceptions, where that reference for our mod does not appear (which makes it more confusing for the players).

2). You need to know if the server that you're trying to join is using extra content.
The server and the player who joins must have same content in game for the hosted session, otherwise you're not able to get into that specific server.

Looking into the video you posted, you're trying to join one of the Festbierbude servers.
AFAIK, that particular host (http://www.festbierbude.de) runs servers with addons, such as extra tracks, cars (and etc) which are not found originally in P&G v3.
If your wish is to dedicate your P&G installation for their servers, then you'll be better joining their site (login) and ask for their assistance.

(PS: I recommend a quick read of the P&G Multiplayer F.A.Q.)

Last edited by DucFreak; 13 March 17 at 19:34.
Unread 14 March 17, 15:34   #4
rabbit85

I understand very clear. I tried to join random on servers. My game is "stock" gtr2 then P&G 3.2. So it's possible that the P&G servers are be very rarely now, or their game are modified. Thank you for support informations.
rabbit85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 17, 12:10   #5
DurgeDriven

Wish I had seen this sooner doh

Duc,

Can I add this to MODS in next GTR2 Essentials please

So in Advanced MODS:

#_01 GTR2 LOBBY FIX ( already added)
#_01 GTR2 PIELSBIERBUDE LOBBY FIX
#_01 any others you can add including PnG

Thank You
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 17, 12:25   #6
DucFreak

I have no problem with that, but you should be aware that this thread was intially opened years ago.
No longer racing online, TBH I'm not sure how much of it can still apply.

Uwe and the gang at the 'Bude have posted recently about the issue with Simbin servers being down (yet again, possibly became dead?), and especially for the case of P&G, which now has its own 'bude:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=369732

Unread 19 May 17, 13:02   #7
DurgeDriven

Ah okay best I leave it then
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote