NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2

Unread 6 October 06, 23:29   #1
SirDelton

Thumbs up Unlock Tracks Without Online Mismatching

Unrar the following file into your root GTR 2 derictory to unlock all tracks withouht online mismatching

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=1566

Last edited by SFDMALEX; 7 October 06 at 03:25.
SirDelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 October 06, 23:44   #2
Sludgey

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.p...1&page=1&pp=25
Sludgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 October 06, 03:19   #3
SFDMALEX

I'll make this a sticky and change the title
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 October 06, 07:28   #4
hsj40

Works great thanks
hsj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 October 06, 10:02   #5
vancstar

Thumbs up

Got it that may come in handy cheers SD.
vancstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 October 06, 14:58   #6
Roger87

I have a quick question in connection with the track unlock file. Does this have any effect on your unlocking items in the Driving School or when you run a Championship? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just wantedto know. Thanks everyone.
Roger87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 October 06, 17:18   #7
Peter_Jensen
Uploader

no its not a stupid question , there only exits stupid anwers

I can't say for sure only what I have seen in my own game, sometimes I get a kick user becourse of possible cheat , even though I have unlocked the tracks the right way, when this happens I have used the onluck file to get on the server and stay there and allways with the same car so I can rule out that its not the car messing it up between try's.

personaly I like the singel player content as much as racing online , so I only move the unlock file into GTR2 when the above scenario is the case
Peter_Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 December 06, 01:33   #8
jim clark

well i am lost as to how to unlock and i am not a computer geek so easy help would be nice, sorry this must seem dumb

Last edited by jim clark; 24 December 06 at 14:15.
jim clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 December 06, 05:41   #9
SFDMALEX

Follow that link and download the file.

Its an archive. Right click it and "extract" it.

Then go into the folder were you extracted the file.

Now right click and copy the file.

Now go to the folder were you installed GTR2.

double click that folder, you should see a bunch of other folders, exe files etc.

Now right click and paste.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 December 06, 16:58   #10
jim clark

thanks sfdmalex you are alsome!
jim clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 December 06, 20:37   #11
HAMMER
Banned

Whats the point ?

You havent got the talent or couldnt be be bothered to unlock all tracks, I have no problem with CHEATS............. except you then join online and race at tracks you cant even drive and stuff other peoples races.

Thats real smart.

If you cant beat GTL Ai
Start at NEWBIE LEVEL and learn to drive properly first.

Why on earth would you buy a advanced sim to cheat.

Go get Carbon :p

Just my 2 cents......
HAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 December 06, 21:26   #12
jsimmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMMER View Post
Whats the point ?

You havent got the talent or couldnt be be bothered to unlock all tracks, I have no problem with CHEATS............. except you then join online and race at tracks you cant even drive and stuff other peoples races.

Thats real smart.

If you cant beat GTL Ai

Just my 2 cents......
Technically, unlocking tracks and/or cars is not a cheat. Modifying the game's files with the intention of giving yourself an unfair advantage is cheating.
jsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 December 06, 23:10   #13
pribeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMMER View Post
Whats the point ?

Thats real smart.

If you cant beat GTL Ai

Just my 2 cents......
No comments.......................................... .........................:slap:
pribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 December 06, 23:15   #14
pribeiro

Maybe because some of us have SOME social life (wife, daughters or sons, job, etc..., so, unfortunatly we cant spend to much time unlocking tracks, as
all our SMALL spare time we like to use for racing, as we paid for a legal
copy as well.BTW, despite all these, we can race with fair and clean
driving behavior tho.
pribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 January 07, 18:59   #15
mking2673

The original GTR didn't have any locked content, there is no reason for GTR2 to force you to go through races just to get all of the content you paid for.
mking2673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 January 07, 04:56   #16
Sp33dRCR

why argue over something the develpoers added for added gameplay value. People don't have high opinions of games that offer no challenges, plus they don't make money.
Sp33dRCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 January 07, 23:13   #17
October

Quote:
Originally Posted by pribeiro View Post
Maybe because some of us have SOME social life (wife, daughters or sons, job, etc..., so, unfortunatly we cant spend to much time unlocking tracks, as
all our SMALL spare time we like to use for racing, as we paid for a legal
copy as well.BTW, despite all these, we can race with fair and clean
driving behavior tho.
I'm with pribeiro on this. I get a few weeks off in the winter to myself and that means other things than devoting it all to one single game. I bought GTR2 for online racing. If I wanted single player I'd put GT4 in the PS2 and play on a 65" widescreen instead of this CRT.
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 January 07, 13:35   #18
Dzul

I don't find 'unlocking' content challenging, I find it frustrating AND arcadish... What I find challenging is going online (in whatever track and on whatever car) and try to finish on the top 5 of any race I do online against other human beings... my 2 centavos...
Dzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 February 07, 04:00   #19
Rockn-Roll

I'd just like to make a comment here. I've gone through all the training on every track and have only the final full lap on the last 10 or so to beat the instructor. I'm not really interested in driving the Mosler for example, so I'm not going to bother...instead I take the vette or 550 onto the same track and practice and tune to improve my knowledge of the track and cars that I want to drive.

As for championships I'm only interested in real championships; thus, now that I've been driving for about 4 months I've joined a league...just in time to miss the first race, but now I've entered the second race which is Barcelona National. The league does have an online server which I've been using; however, their server is configured for Black Flag only, and I'd like to know if I'm cutting corners when I shouldn't and stuff like that...I'd also like to put some AI cars on the track to practice passing on the track. THE RACE IS TOMORROW! I went to set up an open practice and it was locked! I would not have been able to practice properly if it was not for my being able to set up the track on my own computer. Thank god someone figured out how to safely unlock the tracks!

I have another profile with which I'm doing all the single player stuff. I don't think it's cheating...in fact, I think it's best if "would-be" cheaters could unlock the tracks then they might spend more time racing on their own computer and getting better the right way instead of finding a cheat so that they can win without any skill development. I consider GTR2 to be a simulation and feel justified in being able to get some lap times on the track that I will be racing in competition the next day.
Rockn-Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 February 07, 18:26   #20
racer xxx
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Its only a game

How do you explain a track like Suzuka? Its not unlockable in the game that i know. When your joining a game and there are only four people there, and people keep booting you is really lame. To many egos is my only answer. Plenty of room on track for 4 cars I d hope. The attraction to the game, is that chance to bang doors on tracks most of us will never see let alone compete on!
It still only a game. Get out a little, fresh air might help.
racer xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 March 07, 18:36   #21
RKipker
Banned

Well I agree with the opinion of " I paid for the game in full at time of purchase" Give me the entire game !

Now, enter a challege mode which allows a player to choose... like the career mode. But allow a person to skip the BS of unlocking part of the game they paid for. A person should be allowed to pay as they enjoy the game.

I hate that and games that require stunts/drifting to scroe points to gain unlockables. My new F1 PS3 games is setup good. Allows a career mode or race the series one race at a time or do races at any tracks... works for everyone.... now it only needs FFB!
RKipker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 March 07, 23:54   #22
boggyjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKipker View Post
Well I agree with the opinion of " I paid for the game in full at time of purchase" Give me the entire game !

Now, enter a challege mode which allows a player to choose... like the career mode. But allow a person to skip the BS of unlocking part of the game they paid for. A person should be allowed to pay as they enjoy the game.

I hate that and games that require stunts/drifting to scroe points to gain unlockables. My new F1 PS3 games is setup good. Allows a career mode or race the series one race at a time or do races at any tracks... works for everyone.... now it only needs FFB!
Aren't there unlockable cars and a track in that game? From what I remember...you unlock the Jerez circut from winning a season in Career mode, and having the gold medal for time trial in all tracks gets you a few unlockable cars...
Unread 21 May 07, 09:54   #23
geri13

Default Trackeditor

How can i make new track? what is the name of the program?
geri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 October 11, 06:19   #24
sahaya

thanks for sharing...
sahaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 December 11, 22:20   #25
SwedishFrog

Racing on track is about winning, but to cheat. is only cheating oneself.
I love GTR 2 --- leaving Shift 2 --- after realising how realitic and challenging GTR 2 is !!!
I tried to unlock tracks by entering races etc... I would rather like to practice on my car choice etc... Yes, I did drive S2U on full Hard, no assists, manual... prefer GTR 2 - so much more challenging.

Already installed WSGT and NAGT separate mod installs and 90+ tracks...but I'm training on Anderstorp first ... ! Learning about balance and braking//// Need a wheel with FULL FFB, not just rumble ffb. LOL

In the end, I really am training on the tracks I excelled/trained in S2u; which I have downloaded in the locations folder: Issoire, Nords, Brno, Autopolis, Monza, Dubai, Laguna Seca, Spa Franc, Silverstone, Magny, ...then fun tracks like Macau, Monaco, Dragon Snow, ....
SwedishFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 June 12, 08:04   #26
VitalBlurs

I've been downloading and testing all of the custom/converted tracks at NoGripRacing.

Some of them are locked. I was hoping this would unlock them but it didn't.

Anyone know how I can unlock those tracks?
VitalBlurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 June 12, 09:09   #27
roadrunner1954

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitalBlurs View Post
I've been downloading and testing all of the custom/converted tracks at NoGripRacing.

Some of them are locked. I was hoping this would unlock them but it didn't.

Anyone know how I can unlock those tracks?

All tracks unlocked
In order to use all the tracks and cars, without having to unlock them first, it is sufficient in GTR2 folder a blank file named SDNDTG.DYN create.
roadrunner1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 June 12, 09:52   #28
VitalBlurs

I put that file into my GTR2 folder and it unlocked the last couple of standard tracks I had left to unlock.....but I have downloaded tracks that are still locked.

I was hoping the SDNDTG.DYN file would unlock the rest of the default tracks and any downloaded tracks that were wrongly locked.
Unread 21 June 12, 01:36   #29
pro bono1984

Hi,

According to your statement, you seem to understand that DOWNLOADED tracks are NOT standard tracks and you're totally right.

So I think it should fairly be obvious that the SDNDTG.DYN file will NOT unlock any non-standard tracks.
That is, NONE of your downloaded tracks will be unlocked by SDNDTG.DYN.

If you have any problems with non-standard tracks, you should start a thread and I'm sure good people will notice about your problem.
This is a thread about the SDNDTG.DYN file so not many people come here I guess.

Personally speaking though, I've never had any trouble with custom tracks "locked"?

Last edited by pro bono1984; 2 April 14 at 04:45.
pro bono1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 June 12, 02:03   #30
VitalBlurs

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the SDNDTG.DYN wasn't really meant for unlocking anything other than default tracks but I was just hoping it would fix my problem (it was worth a shot)

Google searching for a solution just seems to bring me back to this file.

I've probably downloaded about 50 tracks and only about 5 of them appear to be locked. So I'm still doing pretty well I guess. Maybe I'll try starting a thread about it. I'd be surprised if I'm the only person to have this issue.

Thanks again.
Unread 21 June 12, 02:31   #31
dartguy

You have changed folder options to see file extensions? So you haven't created an SDNSTG.DYN.txt?
dartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 June 12, 03:34   #32
VitalBlurs

No, my SDNSTG.DYN doesn't have .txt on the end and it worked to some degree (I had one default track locked at the time and it unlocked it as it should. It just didn't unlock some add-on tracks that were wrongly locked.

These add-on tracks of mine that are locked are also kind of invisible at the top of the tracklist too (you can't see the names of the tracks but they are still clickable and some track info appears for them on the right like the track shape)

I've even tried clicking on the "unlock" button which takes me to the first custom championship. I won the championship and it rewarded me with a "Congratulations you've unlocked -blank- track" But the they were still locked.

I found a thread about "invisible tracks at the top of the tracklist", but the solution for that was deleting any extra .trk files associated with those tracks. I've had a good look and all of my tracks have one .trk file each. There are no extras to delete.

Thanks for the suggestions though....my quest continues
Unread 21 June 12, 03:40   #33
pro bono1984

Oops sorry my bad.
I didn't read your first and second posts carefully. English isn't my first language.

So out of the 50 tracks 5 of them are still locked and they are all add-on tracks right?

You should definitely start a thread!
pro bono1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 June 12, 04:17   #34
VitalBlurs

Yep, add-ons only.

I've done some searching of this forum and general Googling but it's a bit weird...

For example; one of the locked tracks, 70LeMans (the track name is invisible like the rest of the locked tracks but I can still recognise the track shape in the info section to the right of the list) I'm sure I tested it straight after downloading and it was fine.....but now it's locked....weird.

Maybe I'll just backup all of the add-on tracks and my config file and do a reinstall of GTR2.....all of the tracks that I deleted because they weren't good enough might've left behind alot of obsolete files.

I've still got alot of tracks to download though....I'm only about half way through them and new ones keep appearing!

As suggested I'll start a thread and see what happens

Cheers.