NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2

Unread 14 February 18, 15:00   #1
KalidhoS

Default Secrets of GTR 2

Hi all!

I'm new here, pleased to meet you all

I found this very updated blog (last post this very month) from an experienced player, it could possibly help newcomers and maybe veterans as well

http://selah.ca/secrets-of-gtr2/

Hope it helps, enjoy the races!
KalidhoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 February 18, 22:14   #2
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Note: I prefer GTR2 Essentials (see below) but this may be easier for beginners.

pdf version would be nice see if you can get permission and convert
I will add you to essentials credits
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 February 18, 23:19   #3
KalidhoS

I read the whole of it only after posting because I saw first glance it was well written and with proper insights, finding then the many references to this website and also to ESSENTIALS was only a confirmation that's a good guide xD

I will try to get in touch with the blogger and see your kind request to proper fulfillment, at least to the best of my possibilities
Unread 15 February 18, 04:14   #4
Shovas
Premium Member

Thank you for linking KalidhoS, I'm the author of that page

I'm really happy people find it useful! I get a lot of enjoyment out of playing and writing about GTR2.

The real heroes are DurgeDriven and GTR233, whom I've worked with a little here, and the many, many other mod authors whom I have yet to meet, and who all keep this game going strong so many years after release!

Last edited by Shovas; 15 February 18 at 04:14. Reason: typo
Shovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 February 18, 07:48   #5
Scorpyo
Uploader

@ KalidhoS

Thanks for finding this gem

@Shovas

Thanks for writing it
Scorpyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 February 18, 09:04   #6
GTR233
Uploader

me hero ? well I did not save anybody from high danger...but thanks anyway Shovas
GTR233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 February 18, 09:41   #7
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovas View Post
Thank you for linking KalidhoS, I'm the author of that page

I'm really happy people find it useful! I get a lot of enjoyment out of playing and writing about GTR2.

The real heroes are DurgeDriven and GTR233, whom I've worked with a little here, and the many, many other mod authors whom I have yet to meet, and who all keep this game going strong so many years after release!
I think we all try in our own ways, make GTR2 not go out with a whimper! lol

That is really well written and informative

Please make pdf so we can put in essentials\mods info\support

If you want to rewrite the Essentials tutorials while you at it I won't stop you

----

I am going to add OVGME as an alternative to JSGME next essentials
There was update last November with good fixes http://www.ovoid.org/ovgme/downl.htm

Quote:
" You are free to use, redistribute and modify this software according the terms and conditions of the GPLv3 Licence "
Unread 15 February 18, 13:40   #8
KalidhoS

So cool, the author is already among us!
That guide is really great Shovas, compliments again!!!

@Skorpyo: I'm glad I have been useful
Unread 15 February 18, 20:55   #9
Maxellero

Great site @Shovas and nice find @KalidhoS
BTW you no longer have to delete original cars for FIA GT 2000-2009 mod, just install 1.01 patch
But still recommend separate install, some classes conflicts with other mods may still occur.
Maxellero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 February 18, 23:11   #10
KalidhoS

good insights just keep coming lol

btw I'm now at mod #80 on my list, so many big mods on the list, and all working so good together when using JSGME
Unread 16 February 18, 00:05   #11
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalidhoS View Post

btw I'm now at mod #80 on my list, so many big mods on the list, and all working so good together when using JSGME
lol

Good for car mods when you can activate 4-5 mods and get different overwrite warnings.

Like as far as I am aware there is no info or readme in mods tells you what order to install,
say alms/wsgt/scc/sgt (Talent.proto.GTR, exposet, car file overwrites , Ui , sounds, other gamedata files, car files ....etc etc )
Then just takes 1 manual install of a mod or skin that has "other files" included to stuff another mod

SGT when I activated #01 - #10 ( mods, skinsets, sound etc )
I got bugs with missing cars, big one was Plexus cars for some reason

Anyhow when I tried activating all 10 mods in various orders I found one all cars were okay, then renumbered the mods accordingly

I don't understand how people can remember everything manually

Without using GTR2 standalone and template I would have no clue p

P.S. Now, once you work out the order of interacting mods so you get no unwanted overwrites, you can then transfer them to OVGME so you need only 1 copy of everything

Once you work out essentials overwrites up to #60 you can also put it all in OVGME as well
You will still get overwrite warnings at 2nd level

------------------

Custom mods to try is config.ini mods
#_01 CONFIG.INI 1366 X 768 (WINDOWED)
config.ini mods are first I activate
I have 1366 window ( for testing ) 1920 fullscreen and 2560 and 3840 for Nvidia DSR .
So I test XD and GTR2 plugin in every resolution and move and size them accordingly

Then I transfer the XD.inis and map settings into the config.ini mods !
So no more manually adjusting them all when swapping res and when you
install a new video driver you only just copy and paste the new VIDEOGUID=xxxxx to your config.ini mods

Just remember to take all xd.ini and mapconf out of corresponding mods

#60 FPS friendly ENBSeries HDR v2.0 and XD v2.1.16
#60 GTR2MapPlugin v1.08
#60 GTR2MapPlugin v1.08 and XD v2.1.16
#60 XD v2.1.16

Lots of creative ways to make mods

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 16 February 18 at 00:32.
Unread 16 February 18, 00:42   #12
DurgeDriven

List of mods I got no reply to publish, most have been superseded by GTR233 and friends

Unread 16 February 18, 02:31   #13
Shovas
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxellero View Post
Great site @Shovas and nice find @KalidhoS
BTW you no longer have to delete original cars for FIA GT 2000-2009 mod, just install 1.01 patch
But still recommend separate install, some classes conflicts with other mods may still occur.
Oh, very nice!
Unread 16 February 18, 02:35   #14
Shovas
Premium Member

If you guys want to want to make a PDF of my page, please go ahead, just keep my name and a link to the original website URL and I'll be happy.

To be honest, I don't think it will age well in PDF form. It's kind of a living document, I keep updating it and fixing things all the time.

Maybe you could just link it? You can link the Internet Archive for a backup if you're afraid my website will disappear:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180216...crets-of-gtr2/

But if you really want a PDF go ahead. Fine by me. Please add a link to the website, though, to tell people the most up-to-date version is available onine. Thanks!
Unread 16 February 18, 02:37   #15
Shovas
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
List of mods I got no reply to publish, most have been superseded by GTR233 and friends

If I were you, and I had no reply for certain mods, I'd just provide instructions to your users on where to download them and put them in the right place and then go ahead and write the JSGME scripts... although maybe I misunderstand how JSGME uses those files.

Maybe you could use a 'patch' system where you provide a patch zip and apply it against the original mod files so you could get around needing permission to distribute?

It doesn't seem entirely fair for some mods to be abandoned simply because the original authors can't be contacted.
Unread 16 February 18, 05:42   #16
DurgeDriven

Quote:
If I were you, and I had no reply for certain mods, I'd just provide instructions to your users on where to download them and put them in the right place and then go ahead and write the JSGME scripts... although maybe I misunderstand how JSGME uses those files.

Maybe you could use a 'patch' system where you provide a patch zip and apply it against the original mod files so you could get around needing permission to distribute?

It doesn't seem entirely fair for some mods to be abandoned simply because the original authors can't be contacted.
It's possible in OVGME to make online repository

Quote:
For OvGME, a repository is simply a web server (HTTP) who provides a specifically structured XML data with informations about mod(s) to download. There are two things not to be confused: The repository server, and where mod(s) are downloadable.

Repository transaction
The OvGME repository mechanism is pretty simple: A web server hosts an XML file available as any other web page at a specific address, OvGME will query the HTTP server to receive this specific file, then will parse it to gather data about what mods are available and where they can be downloaded.
Download and Help file
http://www.ovoid.org/ovgme/

Quote:
If you guys want to want to make a PDF of my page, please go ahead, just keep my name and a link to the original website URL and I'll be happy.

To be honest, I don't think it will age well in PDF form. It's kind of a living document, I keep updating it and fixing things all the time.

Maybe you could just link it? You can link the Internet Archive for a backup if you're afraid my website will disappear:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180216...crets-of-gtr2/

But if you really want a PDF go ahead. Fine by me. Please add a link to the website, though, to tell people the most up-to-date version is available onine. Thanks!
Good idea I will add link to Essentials basic tutorial instead
Unread 16 February 18, 07:08   #17
DurgeDriven

back on topic

In performance section you could add Runaff

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=27320
Unread 16 February 18, 20:26   #18
KalidhoS

Quote:
lol

Good for car mods when you can activate 4-5 mods and get different overwrite warnings.

Like as far as I am aware there is no info or readme in mods tells you what order to install,
say alms/wsgt/scc/sgt (Talent.proto.GTR, exposet, car file overwrites , Ui , sounds, other gamedata files, car files ....etc etc )
Then just takes 1 manual install of a mod or skin that has "other files" included to stuff another mod

SGT when I activated #01 - #10 ( mods, skinsets, sound etc )
I got bugs with missing cars, big one was Plexus cars for some reason

Anyhow when I tried activating all 10 mods in various orders I found one all cars were okay, then renumbered the mods accordingly

I don't understand how people can remember everything manually

Without using GTR2 standalone and template I would have no clue p

P.S. Now, once you work out the order of interacting mods so you get no unwanted overwrites, you can then transfer them to OVGME so you need only 1 copy of everything

Once you work out essentials overwrites up to #60 you can also put it all in OVGME as well
You will still get overwrite warnings at 2nd level

------------------

Custom mods to try is config.ini mods
#_01 CONFIG.INI 1366 X 768 (WINDOWED)
config.ini mods are first I activate
I have 1366 window ( for testing ) 1920 fullscreen and 2560 and 3840 for Nvidia DSR .
So I test XD and GTR2 plugin in every resolution and move and size them accordingly

Then I transfer the XD.inis and map settings into the config.ini mods !
So no more manually adjusting them all when swapping res and when you
install a new video driver you only just copy and paste the new VIDEOGUID=xxxxx to your config.ini mods

Just remember to take all xd.ini and mapconf out of corresponding mods

#60 FPS friendly ENBSeries HDR v2.0 and XD v2.1.16
#60 GTR2MapPlugin v1.08
#60 GTR2MapPlugin v1.08 and XD v2.1.16
#60 XD v2.1.16

Lots of creative ways to make mods
LoL I wish I knew something about overwrites in depht
I'm testing in my GTR2 ESSENTIALS using only JSGME to add new mods after the #60, so far many mods work good together and I'm understanding how to modify for example the ".car" files adding the "class" where I want that car to show up
For example with the fabuolous EEC GT3 mod, the Hurakan / AMG / Nismo / McLaren 650S are from Skorpios are an ADDON, and they show up ingame in a separate class from the other EEC GT3 cars, so I'm editing all .car files in the addons and they are starting to show up in the main EEC class along with all the others
Is this the correct way, or there is another? I'm afraid that cars added this way could have strange behaviour ingame, for example I wouldn't be able to tell if their AI is correctly loaded or not... any suggestion?
I have no clue beside using JSGME to mantain folder structures and avoid unwanted overwrites, is there a guide somewhere that tells me what the various kind of files in GTR2 exactly do?
A "Modding guide" maybe?
Meanwhile, I'll keep experimenting because that's how I learn usually, also so far I'm having only minor problems, since I use mostly mods that don't overwrite files from each other

Oh, in particular, what's the UIAssets.gtr file for? It's sometime overwritten by some major mod...

Thanks in advance!
Unread 17 February 18, 04:43   #19
DurgeDriven

UIAssets.GTR for modding Motec HUD I think

Quote:
It's sometime overwritten by some major mod...
Exactly you will find lots of default files and mod files overwritten numerous times

Trick is how do you remember every manual overwrite and the order

What you do is remove UIAssets.gtr from the "mod" and make it's own mod

Examples

MODS - #01 SUPER TOURING v2.01
MODS - #02 SUPER TOURING UI

MODS - SCC
MODS - SCC .GTR Files

MODS - SGT #01
MODS - SGT #02 .GTR Files
MODS - SGT #03 UI

MODS - ALMS #01
MODS - ALMS #02 .GTR Files
MODS - ALMS #03 expo.set

MODS - WSGT #01
MODS - WSGT #03 expo.set
MODS - WSGT #04 WSGT MENU

etc. then you can activate the .GTR files, Menu, UI and other files for the mod you want to drive
Unread 17 February 18, 05:39   #20
DurgeDriven

Quote:
For example with the fabuolous EEC GT3 mod, the Hurakan / AMG / Nismo / McLaren 650S are from Skorpios are an ADDON, and they show up ingame in a separate class from the other EEC GT3 cars, so I'm editing all .car files in the addons and they are starting to show up in the main EEC class along with all the others
Would be good if they made their own Essentials pack
Have their own numbers and/or prefixes and tested with
NoGrip Essentials so all mods work seamlessly
You can swap 1000 car classes in a few seconds
All Essentials packs stay on the home site they come from, so no drama with various sites rules

#100 DEFAULT AMBIENT & PIT SOUNDS
#100 EEC - AMBIENT & PITSTOP SOUNDS
#100 EEC - AMBIENT RAIN DEFAULT CARS
#100 EEC - GTR2 MENU

etc., etc.

--------------

My fav is 3GB "Community skin pack" for tracks you can run 100 cars
BMW has 100 plus cars and the others from 60 and up

It has 1041 car files + mods for daytime lights and seat adjustment

Slowly I fixing all info, classes and creating separate drivers
Unread 17 February 18, 07:51   #21
GTR233
Uploader

Quote:
Oh, in particular, what's the UIAssets.gtr file for? It's sometime overwritten by some major mod...

Thanks in advance!
UIAssets.GTR is patched in order to activate LCD skin : FNTCMOTM.BMP has been removed to use skinned fonts on motec display
GTR233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 February 18, 15:05   #22
KalidhoS

Thank you guys for the infos!

@DurgeDriven: the ECC BASE mod don't overwrite anything in ESSENTIALS FULL (meaning ESSENTIALS BASE + ADVANCED + TRACKS) so is already compatible 100% in my eyes!
The problem is the ADDON part (http://gtr2-endurance.forumotion.org...d-by-silversun), I read in tht thread that the author Silversun deleted all his mods a while ago, so this cannot be added unless you download the single remade models of the cars from Skorpio and the missing ones from other sites (for example http://www.******************/includ...archive&type=4)

About the Community Skin Pack you mention, it is only for the stock GTR2 cars, am I right?
My desire is to "modernize" as much as possible GTR2 by adding as much new cars as possible (possibly from 2013 forward) to make it feel more "contemporary" ;D
Also, since the ESSENTIALS already add the HQ cars... isn't the Community Skin Pack redundant? :Ihavenoclue:

Thanks for the info on UIAssets, @GTR233 too
For now, I'm overwriting it without facing any problem with any car from any mod, I use the last one loaded in order and so far no problem (as of now, using the one included in "McLaren_650S_GT3_by_Scorpyo_and_friends", but I can't remember the LCD skin with blue glow so probably I shouldn't overwrite it, but so far as I can read the motec, I'm still ok

I wish there was a way to make the UIAssets from ESSENTIAL work for the added cars
Unread 17 February 18, 22:19   #23
DurgeDriven

EEC not ECC

You right that EEC mods don't overwrite No Grip Essentials

I was talking more along line of all mods at EEC site not just EEC cars

P.S. The C should stand for Centre not Center

Centre is like a shopping centre, a place to get things

Center is " the point that is equally distant from every point on the circumference of a circle or sphere" lol
Unread 17 February 18, 22:55   #24
KalidhoS

thx for the correction, also for the punctualization on semantics
Skorpio just released (like 2 days ago) the updated version of the ADDON cars I mentioned before!

click me

I'm about to verify the GRID Mod compatibility with ESSENTIALS because it does a real "refresh" with so many contemporary cars, I believe it's 100% compatible and that could cover a new section, "modernize GTR2" or something like that if you wanna consider adding such a section to ESSENTIALS as a "suggested" upgrade on the ESSENTIALS enhancement of the base game, it comes out-of-the-box with a full Prototype mod and can be super enhanced with (that's what we discuss here ) GT cars!

So many new cars, I'm about to install them all and report back with my findings

I cannot link the actual site
http://www.******************

Just go to http://wwwDOTesport-racingDOTde (change both "DOT" with "."), go to "FILEBASE" (the hard drive icon), search for "grid" and on page 3 there's the 6.0 updated Prototype mod, then from page 3 to 1 all the added GT cars

Last edited by KalidhoS; 17 February 18 at 23:06.
Unread 17 February 18, 23:16   #25
DurgeDriven

I turfed 30GB+ of GTR2 EEC, Grid, etc etc

I rather GT3 in Automobilista which I have also essentialized

essentialized : formulate in essential form, reduce to essentials

Unread 17 February 18, 23:24   #26
KalidhoS

Post a guide for that setup!
Unread 17 February 18, 23:50   #27
DurgeDriven

One time I could not work out why EEC mods were not alphabetical
then notice for months I had been naming 1/2 of them ECC lol

My favourite AMS mod changes 167 default and add on tracks gdb to be listed by Country so you don't have a endless scrollbar

Unread 18 February 18, 00:28   #28
Highbank
Premium Member

Quote:
essentialized : formulate in essential form, reduce to essentials

Brilliant...simply BRILLIANT
Highbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 February 18, 00:55   #29
DurgeDriven

For click me mod..........

Quote:
-----===== INSTALLATION =====-----

Follow these steps and everything should work without any problems...

0. (This is only optional step but i HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT) - Make a fresh GTR2 installation...

or

Quote:
-----===== INSTALLATION =====-----

0.0 Deactivate all mods except #_01 GTR2 STANDALONE ( Fresh GTR2)

0.1 Activate all new mods in their numbered order

I mean for my way of thinking it is a no brainer
Unread 18 February 18, 01:44   #30
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbank View Post
Brilliant...simply BRILLIANT
Ah shucks thanks

What would have been brilliant is for all modders to take it up years ago when I first rattled the cages

If every car track and skin was checked against Essentials for conflicts they could fix with creative mods before they even release it

Best thing would be no modder or person needs permission to use any Essentials content to make their own content or mod

Mods for seat adjustment, daytime lights etc for all car mods could be done by anyone as a option mod, no permission needed and they get credit for it

Only proviso is nothing leaves that sites Essentials pack

For newbies wanting to get the best combo for a particular mod going you would say " activate in this order........ 1,3,6,8,9,10,11,15,60,101,103"

Unread 18 February 18, 20:53   #31
KalidhoS

WOW!

Concerning ESSENTIALS, I just found out I can use ENB + MapPlugin + XD - all at the same time!

Why isn't that a default option in ESSENTIALS? All others are covered, maybe this combo have some disadvantages?
Unread 19 February 18, 10:49   #32
DurgeDriven

Quote:
WOW!

Concerning ESSENTIALS, I just found out I can use ENB + MapPlugin + XD - all at the same time!

Why isn't that a default option in ESSENTIALS? All others are covered, maybe this combo have some disadvantages?

You sure ENB is working
Unread 19 February 18, 12:26   #33
syhlif32
Premium Member

Quote:
You sure ENB is working
Yes it works fine.
ENB links MapPlugin and Mapplugin links XD
syhlif32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 February 18, 12:37   #34
KalidhoS

YES IT WORKS!
I thought immediately when I saw the #60 section of the ESSENTIALS that it should work because it's a simple chaining of DLL proxys, and it fact it works!

The point is that ENB can proxy another DLL, the Map Plugin have the same function, so you use it to proxy XD dll that must always be last, because XD cannot proxy other dlls and so it must be at the end of the chain.

In fact, you could even add SweetFX as another proxy (I wanted in fact to use SweetFX instead of ENB for the more visual settings available but the performance hit is too much for what it gives, I prefer ENB)
for example:
ENB -> proxy ->SweetFX -> proxy -> MapPlugin -> proxy -> XD

Here is what I did for ENB+Map+XD:

1)Renamed the d3d9.ini file that comes with the MAP plugin in "d3d9_MAP.dll"

2)Changed ENBSERIES.INI
At the very top of the file, change the PROXY section like this:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=1
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_MAP.dll

3)Used the GTR2MapPlugin.ini from the #60 MapPlugin+XD in ESSENTIALS that contains the following lines:

[GENERAL]
OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9_xd.dll
#OriginalD3D9Dll=DEFAULT

4) In the end, I created a full #60 MOD containing:
[PLUGINS] folder
d3d9.dll from ENB
d3d9_MAP.dll from Map plugin
d3d9_xd.dll from XD plugin
ENBSeries.ini
GTR2MapPlugin.ini
XD.ini

I hope it's all clear!
Enjoy
Unread 19 February 18, 23:16   #35
DurgeDriven

Well I'll be a monkeys uncle....pass the bananas please p

Make the mods and test I add to Essentials give you credit
Unread 20 February 18, 11:34   #36
KalidhoS

LoL thanks for the credit
I don't understand very well, do you want me to package the mod and upload it ? I can do that and give you the link for my google drive if you want
Unread 28 February 18, 00:59   #37
Crimson764

Should probably say this, but it was me who guided Jimmy Broadbent to your FFB settings. Basically, what happened was he streamed GTR2 a few weeks ago and wanted to do the driving school portion of the game, with all golds, but he was having FFB issues with his OSW direct drive wheel, where the game at times would give either some FFB or none at all. So I dug around and found the original RaceDepartment settings thread you created. He got it, and has since fixed his problems using those settings, hence his GTR2 video on the subject, literally a day later.
Crimson764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 February 18, 02:56   #38
DurgeDriven

Quote:
I don't understand very well, do you want me to package the mod and upload it ? I can do that and give you the link for my google drive if you want
Sorry late reply

I wish to get others involved, you have opened up heaps more possible combos which after all is what Essentials is about

If you like please make the mod/s to be consistent with the #60 naming
like I said before they are only small mods so size is not a issue
You can make, you don't need permission for anything already contained in Essentials,
I have permission to include and use it whatever way as long as it is not uploaded outside of Essentials
Then you would need same permissions I needed if that makes sense

*** I unaware of base sweetfx YOU will need any Sweet permission needed

Many other possible combos you can add ..

#60 ALinONE ....I guess ?
#60 FPS friendly ENBSeries HDR v2.0 + SweetFX ver.xxxx
#60 FPS friendly ENBSeries HDR v2.0 + GTR2MapPlugin v1.08
#60 FPS friendly ENBSeries HDR v2.0 + SweetFX ver.xxx + GTR2MapPlugin v1.08
#60 SweetFX ver.xxxx + GTR2MapPlugin v1.08 + XD v2.1.16
#60 SweetFX ver.xxxx + GTR2MapPlugin v1.08
#60 SweetFX ver.xxxx + XD v2.1.16

.etc. etc. It's all about 1 click no limit choice

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You may not have seen this, I can't find old post only pics

I don't like the stock Map or XD position, I see lots of screens of people never bothered adjusting from default setting @1024 For mine it looks weird

(Yes I know why its 1024) but that becomes irrelevant when you add settings to "resolution mods"

I use 4 mods, 1 click adjusts resolution and position and size of GTR2Map and XD to suit
I use 1366 (window working on GTR2), 1920 (Fullscreen) , 2560 , 3840 (DSR)

CLiCK TWiCE for fullsize... 1366 Left to right, you can see res with Fraps top right

Anyways good time saving mods

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 28 February 18 at 03:17.
Unread 28 February 18, 12:50   #39
syhlif32
Premium Member

Quote:
#60 ALinONE ....I guess ?
#60 FPS friendly ENBSeries HDR v2.0 + SweetFX ver.xxxx
#60 FPS friendly ENBSeries HDR v2.0 + GTR2MapPlugin v1.08
#60 FPS friendly ENBSeries HDR v2.0 + SweetFX ver.xxx + GTR2MapPlugin v1.08
#60 SweetFX ver.xxxx + GTR2MapPlugin v1.08 + XD v2.1.16
#60 SweetFX ver.xxxx + GTR2MapPlugin v1.08
#60 SweetFX ver.xxxx + XD v2.1.16
Apart from one very old specail unofficial SweetFX you can't us SweetFx to link other d9d3.dll
Only way to do that would be with EnBinjector and that will cost a lot of FPS and likely be a hit and miss.
Nether SweetFx / Reshade nor XD can link other .dll's so have to be last and therefor can't be used together.
Unread 1 March 18, 00:20   #40
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
Nether SweetFx / Reshade nor XD can link other .dll's so have to be last and therefor can't be used together.
Of course doh

So just #60 FPS friendly ENBSeries HDR v2.0 + GTR2MapPlugin v1.08 + XD v2.1.16

Still need someone to do #60 mods for sweetfx / reshade

Then anyone that uses those could offer up their own profiles as small optional mods, yes?
Unread 1 March 18, 01:48   #41
Shovas
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson764 View Post
Should probably say this, but it was me who guided Jimmy Broadbent to your FFB settings. Basically, what happened was he streamed GTR2 a few weeks ago and wanted to do the driving school portion of the game, with all golds, but he was having FFB issues with his OSW direct drive wheel, where the game at times would give either some FFB or none at all. So I dug around and found the original RaceDepartment settings thread you created. He got it, and has since fixed his problems using those settings, hence his GTR2 video on the subject, literally a day later.
Oh, very cool. Tell him to try the latest FFB files, he tried a really old one, and I've been making tweaks ever since
Unread 1 March 18, 05:01   #42
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Does that look right ?

I can't tell if ENB is on, off or stuck on lol

Unread 1 March 18, 12:02   #43
syhlif32
Premium Member

This is a problem with ENB / SweetFX and GTR2!
The diffuse shaders does not work correctly in GTR2/GTL and Race 07 for that matter.
Special the most common used 3 texture one used in over half the tracks for grass can't get called in dx9. Others do not compile and for the most they default to dx8 and even dx7.
I am still trying to solve the issue but it will make a lot of great add on tracks look bad.

A work around that will not solve the lack of correct reflected light but will allow ENB and SweetFx to access the textures are a dx8 to dx9 converter.

One is here:
https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases
Another is here:
http://enbdev.com/download_convertor_dx8todx9.htm

The converter is build into reshade so not need with that program.

It is less of an issue with GTL as it is not using the diffuse shaders for grass much. Only one track as fare as I remember and Race 07 changed to 4 texture grass in all newer tracks.
So Simbin knew it didn't work but decided to just by-pass the issue.
It can get fixed with texture updates and the corrected shaders.
Unread 1 March 18, 20:49   #44
DurgeDriven

Thanks mate, no wonder I thought the grass looked odd
Unread 4 March 18, 13:24   #45
syhlif32
Premium Member

I write some nonsense!
The newer reshade versions do need the Dx8 to Dx9 converter as it has been removed to allow us to use alternative converters.
Sorry about that!