NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > Console Racing > Gran Turismo Series

Unread 8 February 15, 11:09   #1
Digiprost

Default GT6 Vs Project CARS - BMW M3 GT @ Brands Hatch Rain

Hi
Comparison of Project CARS Vs Gran Turismo 6 (Gt6) at Brands Hatch circuit with the BMW M3 GT in rain.

greeting
Digiprost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 February 15, 09:55   #2
markspeed

I'm not ever gonna invest any money in Gran Turismo. That's for sure now. They are never ever going to make the slightest effort toward sound. Graphics is all they are ever going to care about. It's the very reason I switched to Xbox and Forza, and is the reason I'll never return.

Their entire appeal is to people who are casual for fun on a rainy saturday car enthusiasts only. It's a pity too, because they started off making so much more of an effort than any other console racing game developer. But apparantly they got drunk on their success and our now just making as little effort as possible. So dissapointing!

Project Cars on the other hand, seems to be making vastly more effort towards sound. I wonder however, how much game there is, and what the offline content is like. Any thoughts on that from anyone?
markspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 February 15, 15:33   #3
Capri87
Template Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by markspeed View Post
I'm not ever gonna invest any money in Gran Turismo. That's for sure now. They are never ever going to make the slightest effort toward sound. Graphics is all they are ever going to care about. It's the very reason I switched to Xbox and Forza, and is the reason I'll never return.

Their entire appeal is to people who are casual for fun on a rainy saturday car enthusiasts only. It's a pity too, because they started off making so much more of an effort than any other console racing game developer. But apparently they got drunk on their success and our now just making as little effort as possible. So disappointing!

Project Cars on the other hand, seems to be making vastly more effort towards sound. I wonder however, how much game there is, and what the offline content is like. Any thoughts on that from anyone?
blame the PS3 for the the problems GT5 & GT6 have. PS4 will allow PD to make the game were all craving for once again.
Capri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 February 15, 07:09   #4
markspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri87 View Post
blame the PS3 for the the problems GT5 & GT6 have. PS4 will allow PD to make the game were all craving for once again.

What about the PS3 is preventing better sound? Toca 2 on the PS1 had better sound. So did Gran Turismo 2.

Sound is not hard to process. Sound is the easiest thing to process. Graphics is much harder. People here on this site do better sound work for free, and in less time. Why is it so hard for the professional developers to put better sound in the game.

Forza 3 has better sound on the Xbox 360. What about the Xbox 360 is sooo much better at producing sound than the PS3? It's Polyphony Digital just not putting any serious effort into the sound quality.
Unread 26 February 15, 13:56   #5
PorscheDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri87 View Post
blame the PS3 for the the problems GT5 & GT6 have. PS4 will allow PD to
make the game were all craving for once again
I admire your optimism but I'll believe it when I see it (or in this case, hear it)

I'm of the opinion that PD have gone stale and won't amaze us with GT7
PorscheDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 February 15, 13:40   #6
markspeed

I have no console or brand loyalties. So if PD manage to change their spots to stripes and make GT7 sound as good as it might look, I'd switch to PS4. But I've zero confidence in them until they prove me wrong.

I was with them for 4 installments. They brought me back to racing games. But they kept moving away from what I wanted.

Turn 10 took the steps closer to what I want. But even they are now starting to distance themselves from the direction I thought they were going in. They've already moved on from Forza 5 and are working on Forza 6, which is supposedly coming out late this year, or early next so I've read. I find this to be bad news. Cause this short a time after 5 already almost half way done with 6 means they didn't put much into it.

A really good racing game seems to take atleast two years. How long have PD been working on GT7 I wonder?
Unread 1 April 15, 04:36   #7
Destinkeys

PD's major problem is the vast scale of the car list. 1300+ cars and counting.

So if you are expecting PD to go out and record brand new samples for a new audio engine, odds are very much against that. PD have painted themselves into a very tight corner. The task might be doable if they dropped all the PS2 era cars (the 'Standards') and concentrated on only the Premiums, but that would probably alienate the base.

And, of course, NOT dropping all the standards and moving forward on the PS4 with 3/4 of the cars using PS2 era polygon counts is going to alienate everyone else!

I think, after GT5 and GT6 both have had lengthy delays for delivering promised features, and failed to live up to DLC promises, PD face some tough times ahead. To continue with the franchise, I'm going to have to buy a $400 PS4, a brand new wheel (I have a DFGT, which is nice enough for me) because Logitech cannot update the drivers in their current wheels, so that makes probably at least $300 more, then a $60+ game disk...

Close to $800+ (for even a system with a budget wheel) and the very real expectation that PD will fail to deliver much of the game for at least a year after release. That's just not good sense.

PD made some VERY bad decisions with GT6... How could they fail to understand that whatever impression they left with GT6 would make a LOT of people think twice about the PS4/GT7 combo..? Failing to deliver promised features until well over a year past launch (many STILL missing), dropping shuffle racing and leaving no adequate substitute alienated a fair number of the online base, stuffing whatever new DLC they did deliver with fake cars (frickin' lazer beams, for Pete's sake!), updates with major bugs online and months before fixes, it is misstep after misstep after misstep.

Who in their right minds is thinking 'Well, GT7 will change ALL that!'?

More of the same is what anyone sane expects...

I hate to say it, but I have a feeling a PC is in my racing future. Let's just hope SMS don't mess up PCARS as badly as they did Shift2
Destinkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 December 15, 07:40   #8
markspeed

I bought a PS4 Battlefront bundle, and purchased pears for 20.00 dollars. And am loving it so far. I've purchased several DLC for it and am thoroughly enjoying the track selection.