Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Project CARS

Unread 29 March 17, 04:38   #1
DurgeDriven

Default Project CARS 2 Previews

http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...ubishi.133777/

Who knows it may be a notch above #1

I don't like people that bag it from a screenshots or just because they
are ex-racing physics gurus for something

Sure I think rF2 is best but I always thought pCars was best for visual immersion factor and at very least the FFB and physics are bearable at least for me they were.

Funny while you are there read that

http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...driven.133522/

lmao 1 person said pCars Zonda he surely must not have driven many sims or mods later then 2000

The most honest answer with a touch of sarcasm was Emery !@!
DurgeDriven is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 March 17, 06:44   #2
pistoncup
Uploader

PCARS claim to fame is graphics . No doubt they take hundreds of screenies so your bound to get a hand full of good pictures too show off. Out of the major new racing sims, it's easily last in game play .

Its a racing sim with plastic surgery
we'll wait and see what they dish up .

Last edited by pistoncup; 29 March 17 at 06:57.
pistoncup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 March 17, 07:01   #3
DurgeDriven

hehehe

Nice thing is all cars and tracks are same quality no matter what you drive as far as no mediocre 3rd party in other sims goes .....no offence meant modders lol
Unread 29 March 17, 17:00   #4
Emery

pCARS 2 definitely has it going right with the visuals... hmm, just like pCARS 1 did, only better because its not so overly glossy. They appear to have done significant justice to Long Beach, something no one has ever managed before.

Gameplay as seen in released videos, on the other hand, does not appear any better. AI still 4 wheels in grass when cutting T1 on first lap because they don't know how to merge and rear-ending other AI in the braking zone. People "in the know" say that the videos were before recent work on AI and the AI is much better, but... show me proof because I'm not about to believe the hype since we're still talking about Ian Bell's showmanship and SMS previously said there were AI improvements in pCARS 1.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 March 17, 17:29   #5
Emery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post

lmao 1 person said pCars Zonda he surely must not have driven many sims or mods later then 2000

Could you tell I was biting my tongue cause of some of those responses? People can't seem to distinguish between a bad mod with crap physics and content they just don't like. And don't get me started on people judging physics when they're using a gamepad!

I do enjoy the whimsical nature of making Paci and actually tried it out, but let's face it, horses don't have wheels under them and the power delivery is anything but smooth.
Unread 29 March 17, 18:27   #6
Guimengo
Uploader

The game can look impressive but in motion I am not sure, it's like the fidelity goes away, which is one of the reasons it will not come near Gran Turismo. pC1 allowed for great visuals but unless pC2 ships with preset parameters for people to achieve realistic visuals, it will be another wave of "My game doesn't look like this" vs "You are clearly doing it wrong."

Regarding the rest, I think it's too soon for them to be able to release a game that isn't problematic as the first one. The tire development never finished in the first one as they stopped everything to get it out the door on the 3rd or 4th date set by Bandai. Then the patches that still don't address people's concerns. The sound of the original was quite underwhelming too, from engines to ambient, and I don't believe it magically will be resolved for pC2.

The big thing from pC1 promise vs reality was the promised career and game design, and content. Nearly nothing of the marketed original game design (if you can still find the pdf you'll see it) made it, and a lot of content that was shown as base material was ignored and some didn't even make it as DLC. They better be very clear on what's in pC2. The tracks had good art but were just as inaccurate as most rFactor 2 circuits. Actually, no. More inaccurate than most rF2 circuits. And lastly, how it plays. Given their track record, I doubt that firing up a car in the game will be like driving the real car, modern or historic. I don't even know if they finally reached a satisfactory baseline for their tires. They never broke through in the original and were lost even just weeks before pC1 launched.

I'm going to hold off despite the Group C cars. Maybe after 6 months and endless rave reviews from independent users, I'll consider it. I know a couple of guys with views and approach very similar to mine (except the Reiza fanboyism) that will end up having the game, and if they both like it then I'll jump on board.
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 March 17, 00:20   #7
Emery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
I'm going to hold off despite the Group C cars. Maybe after 6 months and endless rave reviews from independent users, I'll consider it.
You might as well wait for the 2018 Summer Steam sale, assuming the game is released on schedule.
Unread 30 March 17, 01:16   #8
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Could you tell I was biting my tongue cause of some of those responses?

Not by half

" Worst default car in each simulation " would have been a better title I think

Slagging off modders won't win them any points
Quote:
The Formula 2 in rFactor 2
Literal trash
See I never call pCars or AC " trash " and there 20 agree, what would be the odds, considering how many cars in all sims there are vs how many drivers responded lool

If they don't think there is a worse car in any sim they are truly deluded or they have not driven much !
Unread 30 March 17, 15:49   #9
Guimengo
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
You might as well wait for the 2018 Summer Steam sale, assuming the game is released on schedule.
That's what I am thinking . But I think it's a safe bet it won't be what the couple of hypers are saying.
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 April 17, 14:28   #10
therealPaulaD

Rallycross Is Coming To Project CARS 2

Project Cars 2 * Rallycross Is Coming [ingame]

therealPaulaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 April 17, 22:41   #11
barry

Oooh look, The standard 'new tires' announcement from Ian and Co, and a tweak on the graphics. It really is a shame that they 'still' cannot produce a believable AI after what, 15 years of making mods and selling the same variation of games.

Are these games really value for money when the AI (you could say half the game), retains the same problems as previous releases? Yes i'm having a good rant about the AI, it's something i'm passionate about. I know it can be done, it's been proved by unpaid members of the community.

Don't you devs find it embarrassing after all these years, the AI still stinks with the same problems? I bet you a pound to a pinch of sh*t (english saying), that the next Project Cars will have the same AI with the same problems.

C'mon devs where is the challenge? Give us (the guys who pay your wages) the other half of the game they deserve.

Regards
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 April 17, 23:45   #12
Emery

It feels weird to say it, but I might become a believer in pCARS 2. Clips posted on the dreaded PRC site show AI not cutting T1 (or T2!) from a standing start, though they're still incredibly slow off the line.

It sure *looks* like they bought the rF2 technology for tires & weather, added a few enhancements, and then polished them with nicer textures... is possible they picked up some other bits like AI and that will be the final polish?
Unread 29 April 17, 16:13   #13
therealPaulaD

Project CARS 2 Tyre Deformation (Early WIP)

therealPaulaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 April 17, 00:55   #14
pistoncup
Uploader

ground hog day rfactor 2
good effort but it's suppose to deform on the ground contact not the whole side of the tyre. Some tyre feeling would be more beneficial . Theres no use having tyre flex if you can't feel it.

Like pcars 1 there is a heap of stuff not needed like leaves on the road that are there every time you come around .
Unread 1 May 17, 01:35   #15
DurgeDriven

Hit a haybale at Rouen in pCars can you even move them ?
rF2 ones will explode into the air and bounce somewhat naturally
AC does nothing

Can you climb stairs in pCars or AC

I never heard a single person in 4 years give them credit for the physical interaction of objects, etc

Free-roam is another
Unread 1 May 17, 01:51   #16
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
The tracks had good art but were just as inaccurate as most rFactor 2 circuits.
I swear that early Historic Rouen in pCars was an exact map of the original GPL
every turn and camber and we all know how erroneous that was

ISI Belgium was definitely their interpretation, different to anything before it

The bit they got wrong is the Kemmel Kink
GPL modders did a better job with that section
Unread 10 May 17, 22:20   #17
DurgeDriven

pCars2 pre-purchase is up

They steal AMS moniker " Season Pass" p

Cost translates to $89.95 Australian for cheapest version

So where are all the peeps that trashed rF2 for costing $89.95 Australian !@! Huh ?

lol
Unread 11 May 17, 17:37   #18
Mahjik

Quote:
They steal AMS moniker " Season Pass" p
You believe AMS created the concept of "Season Pass"?

EDIT:
Quote:
Cost translates to $89.95 Australian for cheapest version
rF2 didn't come with 170+ vehicles and 60 locations right off the bat.... Add up what they would be in iRacing money.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 17, 21:44   #19
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
You believe AMS created the concept of "Season Pass"?
For sims yes they did, what other title used it ?

It was a joke anyways I stuck my tongue out >>> p

Quote:
rF2 didn't come with 170+ vehicles and 60 locations right off the bat.... Add up what they would be in iRacing money.
iRacing had a handful "right off the bat" .......but I get the gist of what you saying and I agree

" I believe the huge majority think more cars and tracks is better option then more realistic physics"

Anyways you really missed the point......

Everyone spewed about rF2 costing $90 Australian

Yet they won't spew about pCars2 costing $90 Australian because they paid more then that in pCars with DLCs ! lool

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 11 May 17 at 21:55.
Unread 11 May 17, 21:55   #20
Mahjik

Quote:
" I believe the huge majority think more cars and tracks is better option then more realistic physics"
Luckily, SMS believes in both...

Quote:
Anyways you really missed the point......

Everyone spewed about rF2 costing $90 Australian

Yet they won't spew about pCars2 costing $90 Australian because they paid more then that in pCar DLCs ! lool
Nope, I didn't miss the point. That isn't really a point. People will view the amount of content in PC2 worth the price. Even the lowest standard option will have well over 100 cars (about 170 in the end). People complained about rF2 because the vendor supplied content was extremely low. ISI was relying on the modding community to fill out their roster (not much different than with rF1 was released). And let's be truthful, most mod content is not to the same quality as the software developer's content.
Unread 11 May 17, 22:18   #21
DurgeDriven

You just reaffirm what I said

For the majority physics will always take a back seat to content.

You say it yourself in AC most mods look same quality as content and more visually pleasing then rF2 ...no doubt

and that is what matters most to them, visuals

Whether you know it or not many many people complained about the price of RF2

In fact when I said by the time they release DLC you will pay more for pCars then rF2

People here laughed at me yet it is true no less
Unread 11 May 17, 23:09   #22
DucFreak

LOL Durge, I got to say, I'm still confused how ISI haven't hired you yet, or at least send towards your way a really fat cheque, for bringing RF2 up on every single thread you feel having a chance to slide it in.

Seriously, the thing with the price justification for RF2 and for PCars is a difficult theme to aproach, because we all look for (and like) different things.
But then, if analysing by sum of all parts, it can somehow be justified that, if having PCars (1 or 2) and RF2 at same price, that may make the first sound as a far better deal than the second.

PCars (as series) aim is to please a much larger audience, be it for its far wider ammount of content, the gameplay features, or bigger accessibility. It's also on the two major gaming consoles, not just on PC.
It's far easier to please more people (and of different types) with PCars. It's meant to work with a far wider spectre of users, from the casual gamer playing it with a gamepad on sofa, to the wealthy harcore simmer with expensive rig and controllers setup, pretending to be all professional.

That's not what RF2 was or is (or ever will be) about.
Too specific, aimed towards a small niche audience, from within an already hardcore niche genre.
RF2 is today (and has been for sometime) what Netkar Pro was back in its day (near a decade ago).
While it may have inumerous nice details, especially good in physics, and still be relevant enough to gather its own niche of users, it is (still), unfortunately, incomplete, flawed as a game and flawed as a modding platform (one of its selling points, and what made the original RF1 so popular).

More over, like it or not, graphics always were a major part of the equation.
PCars was always praised on the graphical aspect (justified, to a large extent). RF2 was never anything you could praise about in that aspect, not even back in its open-beta days, over 5 years ago.
The thing is, if that aspect wasn't important, then the whole recent DX11 thing for RF2 (and how that fail spectacularly) wouldn't create such a curfuffle now, would it?
Heck, even iRacing, launched in 2008, controversial and all, set its own goals clearly, and did continuously evolve, on and on, enough to still be relevant today, graphics wise included.

Then there's the production values.
TBH I'm not a fan of neither PCars or RF2 but, one of the main things that I imediately noticed after testing both games is that the production values of PCars are perceived as higher than RF2.
Now, I don't know about you but, to me, that too plays an important role if I'm spending money on something like a PC game.

Last edited by DucFreak; 12 May 17 at 00:01.
DucFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 17, 23:16   #23
vampireone
Uploader

Default Zonda

Quote:
http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...ubishi.133777/

The Zonda does suck. Ive driven that car in GTR2, Race 07, rfactor, Assetto Corsa, and pCars. It sucks all across the board. Have you seen the first time they reviewed on Top Gear? I echo that review. I really hate that car.
vampireone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 17, 00:42   #24
DurgeDriven

So the pCars Zonda is worse then lets say the F1 Challenge ( 2003) Zonda ?

Because in that thread 1/2 the cars mentioned weren't official content
Unread 12 May 17, 03:04   #25
Mahjik

Quote:
You just reaffirm what I said
You are suggesting the physics are going to be inferior. People are going to get both (and then some). Keep in mind that most of the initial features for the ISI engine which had dynamic/live track and weather came from Blimey (i.e. SMS).

Quote:
For the majority physics will always take a back seat to content.
Content is going to make people look. Take netKar for example. The reason it never had a huge following was there just wasn't enough to keep people entertained. At the end of the day, people are doing this for entertainment. If they aren't entertained, they aren't going to keep using it.

Quote:
You say it yourself in AC most mods look same quality as content and more visually pleasing then rF2 ...no doubt
I said nothing about AC. The simple truth is that most mods are stolen 3D models with guess-work physics. Most development shops while they may not have access to every car, know enough about chassis dynamics to create extremely close representations of any vehicle they don't have direct access to (just from going by the suspension geometry). Look at half of the addon tracks for rF2. Most of them are converted straight from rF1 which were converted from GTR2 (with pretty much all of the assets still the same DX7 models). Most people would rather have a professionally built track as compared to a community track *if* given the choice. ISI just never gives that choice.

So, do people want to spend almost $100 on a shell of a game in hopes that the community is going to make it better? That's where the complaints come in. Take off your blinders.
Unread 12 May 17, 05:15   #26
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucFreak View Post
Seriously, the thing with the price justification for RF2 and for PCars is a difficult theme to aproach, because we all look for (and like) different things.

I was not the one 4-5 years ago used price as a justification to outright bag rFactor2 ... many did even reviewers

When I pointed out to some of them that one day AC and pCars would cost them more in DLC then rF2 they flamed me

That is all I talkin' about ! hehehe

Quote:
You are suggesting the physics are going to be inferior.

damn straight !

Look I think all sims are great but feel will never be SMS strong suit, they had years to do better.

rF2 was at it's best from Build .
Unread 12 May 17, 07:16   #27
ColdBrain

Quote:
Look I think all sims are great but feel will never be SMS strong suit, they had years to do better.

Durge, rF1 FFB was absolutely horrible out of the box. It was the community that made it good, with RealFeel mod.

rF2 may be better but to suggest SMS can't get it right because it's not their "strong suit" means you probably need to take a look at rF1 again and how far ISI themselves have come before nailing it in your vision.
ColdBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 17, 11:13   #28
DucFreak

Quote:
The simple truth is that most mods are stolen 3D models with guess-work physics. Most development shops while they may not have access to every car, know enough about chassis dynamics to create extremely close representations of any vehicle they don't have direct access to (just from going by the suspension geometry). Look at half of the addon tracks for rF2. Most of them are converted straight from rF1 which were converted from GTR2 (with pretty much all of the assets still the same DX7 models). Most people would rather have a professionally built track as compared to a community track *if* given the choice. ISI just never gives that choice.

So, do people want to spend almost $100 on a shell of a game in hopes that the community is going to make it better? That's where the complaints come in.
At the end of the day, I think that's it.

It's been a long time since modders (and modding teams) produced material that could easily match (if not surpass) what professional developers do.
At least in the newer games, that never flourished. Really, I don't think we ever saw mods happen at that level again (payware mods included), or at least in a way that made modding relevant, as it once was.

When most modding things are either recycled works from what are already previously recycled works, or half arsed works based on blatant rips, also in a time when "early access" products (alpha, beta state) start to become undesired, then I think it becomes evident that the majority of users rather prefer something they trust to be "plug-n'-play", high quality, varied, polished and completed (hopefully), from day one, from the developers (stock) content.

Now, whether PCars 2 accomplishes that it remains to be seen. No modern racing sim/game in close to a decade really achieved that (not PCars1, and certainly not RF2).

Last edited by DucFreak; 12 May 17 at 11:44.
DucFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 17, 13:19   #29
Mahjik

Quote:
damn straight !

How many race cars have you driven in real life?
Unread 13 May 17, 02:37   #30
pez2k

Quote:
Whether you know it or not many many people complained about the price of RF2
The point that you're not bringing up about rF2's price is that it included a charge for multiplayer. That's what struck me as the bone of contention for most people - having to pay extra for lifetime multiplayer. Combine that with the fact that it launched as a work-in-progress and the relative lack of first-party content, and I think the flak that ISI got was somewhat justified.

It doesn't really work to compare that product when it launched with a (presumably) polished and feature-complete retail game with a lot more content and none of the 'multiplayer fees' bad optics. There's a lot more perceived value in the latter, regardless of how much you personally may appreciate one product or another.
pez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 17, 19:17   #31
Mahjik

Unread 17 May 17, 18:09   #32
Mahjik

Unread 18 May 17, 02:28   #33
DurgeDriven

Quote:
How many race cars have you driven in real life?
So because I say rF2 is the best feeling sim for me I automatically think it must be realistic ...

Do you believe all real racers say "x" sim feels like their race cars ?

How do you need to drive race car anyways, anyone could own a number of road cars in sims

Overall, physics and road feel in all sims permeates through all cars both race and road
Unread 18 May 17, 15:21   #34
Mahjik

That's like saying "I know what it's like to walk on the moon. I've never done it, but I can tell you exactly what it's like. Anything Neil Armstrong tells that is different than my opinion is wrong".

You may like one sim over another. However, that doesn't mean one is more realistic than the other unless you have a real basis of comparison to real life. Driving a street car is NOT the same as driving a full race car. Even driving a street car on a track is not the same as a purpose built race car. Roll cages add so much more rigidity to a car (as well as a race suspension) that is like the difference between throwing a bullet by hand or shooting one out of a gun...

How do I know? I do drive race cars.

The simple truth is that no sim today "has it 100% right". We don't have the computing power to do it. Tire manufactures use huge banks of processing power to simulate the behavior of a single tire. We are asking development studios to simulate 4 tires, have good graphics, sound processing, input processing, provide FFB, AI, etc...

With that, yes there are some sims that are closer than others. I will say the one currently the furthest away (for road racing) is iRacing. Every racer I know complains about their tire model.

If you prefer rF2, that is great. Everyone can find a sim they enjoy. This is a great time to be a sim racer with so many great options (as this wasn't always the case). However, unless this sport is something you do for real, don't come claiming you know which one is more realistic.
Unread 19 May 17, 02:19   #35
DurgeDriven

You debating yourself, I never said any sim is right or any more right in regards to realism.

All I said is rF2 has felt as good from first build as it does now.
When you said that years ago pCars users would tell you their sim is constantly
updated so in the end it will be better ( now whom was making assertions )

There are also those that think rF2 was better early builds same as some do in Assetto Corsa and ProjectCars

I think its comes down to many variables that can change or alter each persons perception. PC specs, controllers, garage, driving style being just a few.

If you expect me to buy a sim over others simply because a few racing drivers tell me x is better then y then you sadly mistaken

Every racer complains about tyre model ?
They worry too much
They should find the tyre that suits them and deal with it like everyone else does.
Unread 19 May 17, 02:48   #36
Mahjik

Quote:
You debating yourself, I never said any sim is right or any more right in regards to realism.
You must really think you are smart... Everyone can understand your innuendos.

Quote:
When you said that years ago pCars users would tell you their sim is constantly
updated so in the end it will be better ( now whom was making assertions )
What the heck are you making up now? Drugs are bad, umkay?

Quote:
If you expect me to buy a sim over others simply because a few racing drivers tell me x is better then y then you sadly mistaken
I could care less what sim you purchase. I'm just here to stop you from posting untruths.

Quote:
Every racer complains about tyre model ?
They worry too much
They should find the tyre that suits them and deal with it like everyone else does.
You obviously don't understand why real racers use sims. They don't use them for entertainment like those who don't race real cars. With that, having accurate car/tire behavior and tracks which they normally run are extremely important.
Unread 19 May 17, 04:41   #37
DurgeDriven

So I can't have an opinion ? lol

I not allowed to say imho rF2 is best physics and feel for me ?

Am I blind too ?
Am I allowed to say which I think looks best ?
Or do I need to be a professional photographer to have a say

Yeah you right I don't understand what you on about at all.

If you think pCars2 will substantially improve physics and tyres that is fine by me.
Unread 19 May 17, 07:08   #38
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBrain View Post
Durge, rF1 FFB was absolutely horrible out of the box. It was the community that made it good, with RealFeel mod.

rF2 may be better but to suggest SMS can't get it right because it's not their "strong suit" means you probably need to take a look at rF1 again and how far ISI themselves have come before nailing it in your vision.

"absolutely horrible" would not be the way I describe my time in RF beta online

I think most peoples vision of a realistic sim extends past next generation, at least mine does.
Dynamic wind and heat for a start, things that rF2 hinted with in menus and settings but never delivered.

Having cross winds buffer you around a Oval , think about that
Unread 19 May 17, 12:35   #39
Mahjik

Quote:

I not allowed to say imho rF2 is best physics and feel for me ?
If you preface with comments stating it's your opinion, that is never a problem. However, that is NOT how you have been phrasing your comments nor snide remarks. I'm not selling you anything, but spreading false truths with no basis is just plan poor character.

You know what they say about opinions.
Unread 19 May 17, 13:43   #40
DurgeDriven

Quote:
If you preface with comments stating it's your opinion, that is never a problem. However, that is NOT how you have been phrasing your comments nor snide remarks. I'm not selling you anything, but spreading false truths with no basis is just plan poor character.

You know what they say about opinions.

I would be the first to admit I am poor with explanations and grammar

Of course anything I say is personal opinion

snide remarks ? you are the one being personal with my drug schedule

More people then me here expressed reservations about pCars2

As far as my rF2 bias, worse anyone can do is pay $32 .... big whoop ? lol

Won't be the first or last time anyone of us here have not been caught in the headlights, hook line and sinker by other peoples comments and brought a sim on spec

-----

It was only 4 months or so ago, Gug may remember this

I said I got a windfall from my ISP for downtime and had extra money to spend and was going to get a $100 instant master card and buy pCars, AC and all DLC in last steam sale for a fang when bored or something unique...whatever ( I had early versions of both well before )

Anyway G and others warded me off them, told me to save my money !

So while I may prefer rF2 I would still add the others to my library ! , how bad must I think they are ?
If that is the case and it is I should be the last bloke Duc and yourself have a go at being a fanboy......... hehehe
Unread 19 May 17, 18:36   #41
Mahjik

Quote:
I would be the first to admit I am poor with explanations and grammar

Of course anything I say is personal opinion

snide remarks ? you are the one being personal with my drug schedule
Now you are dropping into victim mode... That's fine, the point has been made.

I will say, for someone who doesn't like this series, you spend an awful lot of time posting in it.
Unread 1 June 17, 20:27   #42
Mahjik

https://youtu.be/P6-X5_CC6IE
Unread 1 June 17, 21:37   #43
Mahjik

Quote:
The lone FIA-certified Grade 1 track in the United States, and one of only 26 Grade 1-certified motorsports facilities in the world, the Circuit of The Americas in the Lone Star State is coming to Project CARS 2, scanned in all its undulating, technical beauty.

The Circuit of The Americas has more of a European flavor to it than a traditional US one, and the reason is simple enough; CoTA was conceived to bring Formula 1 back to the United States. With the final cost somewhere in the region of half-a-billion dollars, the quality of the venue comes as no surprise. The real surprise is the flowing, quick and undulating nature of the track that welcomed the world in 2012, a layout that immediately propelled the track into a very small and exclusive club of modern tracks that put a premium on both a driver’s ability and racing desire.
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newsp...cars-2?lang=en
Unread 1 June 17, 22:44   #44
hemlockrogue2

I not buy PCars2. I buy (and invest) PCars1 (wrong to after lies of "by community for community" and promises or talk DLC historic race cars that not happen) and I buy AC.

Both track day game for casuals.

Not matter 170+ cars if only few race each other in real world series.

Give historic racing series, give modern racing series, not most cars single cars who not race each other or worse road cars.

Is why I stick with GTR2, GTL, P&G - lots good well make content, lots real series recreated. Not track day game with shiny shiny new toy graphics to fool people and 170+ Ford Ka's to shopping in.

If they make GTR2 with new graphics, I know little physics so not comment on, I buy, they not, they make Forza or Gran Turismo clone.

Last edited by hemlockrogue2; 1 June 17 at 23:09.
hemlockrogue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 June 17, 23:52   #45
pistoncup
Uploader

[QUOTE=DurgeDriven;1940248]

was going to get a $100 instant master card and buy Pcars, AC and all DLC in last steam sale[/QUOTE

Racing AC in single player is all good now . They have 95% fixed the AI conga line and mostly the slow down when you have passed an AI opponent.

From videos Pcars 2 car physics look to handle the same as Pcars 1. front has grip, rear has little . You can tell by the twitchy steering corrections into and out of corners .
Unread 2 June 17, 00:02   #46
DurgeDriven

Quote:

was going to get a $100 instant master card and buy Pcars, AC and all DLC in last steam sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistoncup View Post
Racing AC in single player is all good now . They have 95% fixed the AI conga line and mostly the slow down when you have passed an AI opponent.

From videos Pcars 2 car physics look to handle the same as Pcars 1. front has grip, rear has little . You can tell by the twitchy steering corrections into and out of corners .

I will grab at sale as long as both are cheaper then last sale
Unread 2 June 17, 00:06   #47
Mahjik

Quote:
That's how most race cars handle. Racers will want strong turn-in but that compromises mid corner and exit grip. Racers never want understeer. Watch some of my steering corrections, they are after turn in:

https://youtu.be/jxwBDkakvQE?t=5m02s

As far as "same physics", yes it's the same physics engine as in PC1. However, there have been enhancements and new modules created for the physics engine which are not available in PC1.
Unread 2 June 17, 00:19   #48
pistoncup
Uploader

It's not the same as a real car . Every touch of the steering wheel the front of the car twitches like it has trolley wheels . Every cockpit video shows it, the cars body inertia isn't realistic to the steering input given . the car shouldn't be twitching so quick. In Pcars 1 the rear just gives way with no feeling .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N00bbKltIsc - 3 minute mark . visually it's like the front of the car has no weight . Much more noticeable on straights than when making a legitimate turn into a corner.

Thats the let down part of the game . Graphics can't be faulted all though it still looks like Shift .

Last edited by pistoncup; 2 June 17 at 00:34.
Unread 2 June 17, 00:21   #49
Mahjik

Quote:
It's not the same as a real car . Every touch of the steering wheel the front of the car twitches like it has trolley wheels . Every cockpit video shows it, the body inertia doesn't suit the steering input given .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N00bbKltIsc - 3 minute mark
That's using a gamepad. You can go from lock to lock in an instant with a gamepad so it will look twitchy.
Unread 2 June 17, 00:27   #50
Mahjik

BTW, see how twitchy rF2 is with a gamepad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEJ7C1LwvfQ

That's just how sims look when you aren't using a wheel/pedal setup.