NoGripRacing.com
Unread 18 January 16, 19:12   #1
SidW

Default 906 Understeer

It's been a while since I had PnG installed ( or done any simracing for that matter ) and I don't remember the 906 being anything like as undeersteery ( is that a word ? my spellchecker says it isn't ) as it is in 3.2

Does anyone have any tips for setting it up ?
SidW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 January 16, 22:35   #2
David Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidW View Post
It's been a while since I had PnG installed ( or done any simracing for that matter ) and I don't remember the 906 being anything like as undeersteery ( is that a word ? my spellchecker says it isn't ) as it is in 3.2

Does anyone have any tips for setting it up ?
The first thing to do is set your steering lock to 745 degrees.

Second thing to do is make sure you are using the grippier tyres - yellow or white spot - not the green spot.

Third thing to do is increase the stiffness of the rear anti-roll bar.

If that doesn't do enough then fourth thing to do is soften the front anti-roll bar.
David Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 January 16, 22:50   #3
David Wright

Forgot to say - choose a car with the front "winglets". These reduce understeer especially at speed.

e.g. Porsche 906 #58 with the white spot tyres doesn't understeer much with the default setup IMO.
Unread 19 January 16, 11:19   #4
SidW

Thanks David. Out of sheer laziness I have been using the same 540 degrees which seems to work well with the Formula Retro in GSCE even though I knew PnG wanted more. I'll try grippier tyres and dive planes as well.

Just out of interest I was racing the Capri at Spa last night - I have a soft spot for those cars, having owned several V6's ( although not with GAA engines ) in real life. I can honestly say it was the best offline sim racing experience I have ever had. Well done to you and the rest of the team.

Edit :- Quick test with 745 rotation, dive planes and White Spot, default setup. Handles fine.

Last edited by SidW; 19 January 16 at 12:13.
SidW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 January 16, 16:11   #5
David Wright

Thanks for the feedback.

There are 9 physics variants of the 906 and I probably didn't spend lomg enough on the default setup for each of them. I will see if I can tune out the understeer on the cars without the front dive planes.
Unread 19 January 16, 16:42   #6
WildBill2

Yup---those 906's feel terrific now---just did a few laps of Solitude64----I think you nailed the physics David---even the default setup feels good for my driving style
WildBill2 is offline   Reply With Quote