NoGripRacing.com
Unread 3 January 16, 14:33   #1
Geoffers
Premium Member

Default P&G Inter-League 2016

Now the 2015 P&G Inter-League races have finished, I would like to know how much interest there is in running something similar in 2016. Be it along similar lines to 2015 or a combined NG-GC-SROUK series without a team element.

Let me know your thoughts & any other ideas you may have.
Geoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 January 16, 03:00   #2
DucFreak

Geoffers,

I presume the P&G userbase that comes from previous versions, at least for online, is already set.
It may be small in numbers today (compared to years ago) but I remember it being the loyal, mature, clean, gentleman kind of group. This is a major bonus, IMO.
But, and although this remains to be seen, the P&G userbase for online may be reinforced with new users, coming with the novelty of the latest P&G v3.2 release.
So, this is a good time to take the chance and plan something, right away.

With that said, and even if I'm an outsider at this point, I believe joining forces with the other known P&G groups would be beneficial, both for the veteran and newcomer P&G user for online racing.
Maybe an NG-GC-SROUK association is for the better.

Now, as for formats/ideas, what I personally wished when I was racing P&G online, was to see (at least) two different kind of series/championships:
  1. One series with short races, various heats per event (more approachable for most users), where the grid is extremely balanced, and where all the grid is composed of cars of similar performance (i.e, comparable straight-line speeds and general behaviour on corners).
    (as for what cars, that's a different story - personal tastes, etc, so not worth of mention)

2. Another series composed of longer races, inclined towards the Endurance style.
    It wouldn't have to be all that balanced performance wise (management and reliability being also key), but then we all know how most tend to pick the faster car...

Whatever the case, and IMHO, whenever a race event has cars of different classes (mixed-class race) as often happens, there should be also a score/pontuation per-class, and not just for overall finishing position. That way, depending on the list of selectable cars for the event, it also encourages people to avoid the common inclination of going with the overall faster car.
So, with the possible benefits of gaining points per-class (not just "overall" points) by going with a car which belongs to a different class (of the fastest car), it could open a path for different goals between the drivers, a sort of "sub-championship" if it makes any sense (like it was IRL back in the day), even if everybody fights for the best overall finishing position.
Of course, this makes sense only if the grids are of reasonable numbers. But you get my point.

Last edited by DucFreak; 7 January 16 at 07:06.
DucFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 January 16, 21:18   #3
Geoffers
Premium Member

Thanks for the input DucFreak, we are still considering if this is viable, as there is little interest at GC or SROUK at present.
Unread 12 January 16, 14:45   #4
paulSUGOI

Hey there,

I would like to apply to join!

Last edited by paulSUGOI; 12 January 16 at 14:59.
paulSUGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 January 16, 00:46   #5
DragonGaru

I might be joining the league, now that I'm back to sim racing after such a long hiatus.
DragonGaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 January 16, 21:39   #6
Andregee

I would like to take part,
Andregee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 January 16, 22:51   #7
Geoffers
Premium Member

Still deciding if there is enough interest to run this.

In the meantime, if you guys are looking for some online P&G racing, can I point you to the NG League this Sunday (Jan 17th) where they will be racing 2 of the cars that have recently been updated. The Ford GT40 Mk2 & the Porsche 906/8 at Brno. All welcome.

See here for full details:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=357152

If that is too long a race, the event is repeated on Wednesday but with 2 races of 25 mins duration.
Unread 19 January 16, 01:21   #8
robmar429

Ill try to join the league
robmar429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 January 16, 09:08   #9
Geoffers
Premium Member

Guys, unfortunately I am going to have to shelve this for now, there seems to be little interest at GC & SROUK so any Inter-League series is a non-starter. So as most of the people interested are from NG I see little point in running a series when the NG Sunday & Wednesday Leagues already run P&G every 2 weeks anyway. If you want to race P&G you are more than welcome to join the NG League races.

See

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/fo...play.php?f=194

&

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

for details of the races they are running.

Sorry but the v3.2 update hasn't really sparked that much renewed interest in this great sim.
Unread 20 January 16, 10:52   #10
DragonGaru

okay.
DragonGaru is offline   Reply With Quote