erba72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 December 15, 22:53   #252
erba72

All works perfect now
Unread 30 December 15, 23:29   #253
erba72

Finally not,

I have installed 3.1 and news track (Le Mans 2013, Sebring, Spa 2013, ...) and when I want to choose a car, this is always a 2003-2004 GT whose appears in the chowroom, and when I clic on the arrow for switch to other class, there ALWAYS FIA GT 2003-2004.
And if I go to championships, if I use 70's GT cars (or a name like that with 70's) there is FIA GT and PnG cars names combined on the list but when I want to choose a P&G car, the game freeze (exept music whos continue), and the GT car that was in the showroom stop to turn and keep in the showroom.

Help me please

Thanks in advance
Unread 31 December 15, 11:08   #254
David Wright

I'm afraid our installation expert aSa is ill with the flu. Tens of thousands of people have downloaded P&G and install problems are very rare. I'm afraid I do not know what might have gone wrong in your case.

All I can suggest is using your GTR2 disc to install a new clean version of GTR2 - from the DVD run setup.exe - in a folder such as P&G3. Then install P&G v3.0 and go for option 2.
David Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 December 15, 12:18   #255
erba72

And now is working ...
I think that sometimes alls works fine, and sometimes alls don't work ...

Thanks for your help anyway ! 8)
Unread 5 January 16, 21:35   #256
joyster

I have checked the install files with the integrity checker and started the installer. All goes well until the installer asks for the existing GTR2 exe location. I browse to the folder GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game and click Install and...

... It prompts for the GTR install location again

Any ideas guys?
joyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 January 16, 22:09   #257
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyster View Post
I have checked the install files with the integrity checker and started the installer. All goes well until the installer asks for the existing GTR2 exe location. I browse to the folder GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game and click Install and...

Any ideas guys?
Not sure what could be the issue(?), but I remember in the past to do a "quick solution" for something like that to a friend here.
Maybe it's not the most straight forward (other solutions may exist) but -I think- it should work fine for you too.

So, presuming that this is a vanilla GTR2 (so, with no mods), these are the steps I took:

1. Copy the whole GTR2 main folder installation (the one containing the executable and all folders+files of the game) and paste it into any place of your preference in your harddrive.
    (remember where you place it, so that you can locate it later)

2. Rename this copy of the GTR2 main folder to "PnG v3.2" (without the quote marks).

3. Now, try to reinstall P&G v3.2 into this folder. (i.e, into this copy of the GTR2 main folder that you also renamed)
    You'll be asked to choose an installation option - select the option #2.

4. DONE.
    Your copied/renamed GTR2 installation will be transformed into a dedicated P&G v3.2 game folder.
    If all went fine, it's time to enjoy the mod!

Last edited by DucFreak; 5 January 16 at 22:30.
DucFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 January 16, 22:56   #258
joyster

Thanks for the suggestion DucFreak, I really thought that would work.

No joy though - 'Please, select the directory where GTR2 has already been installed to'
Unread 6 January 16, 00:23   #259
DucFreak

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion DucFreak, I really thought that would work.

No joy though - 'Please, select the directory where GTR2 has already been installed to'
bummer....
That's an odd one. I'm getting out of ideas right now but, I'm sure, others will get in here with ideas and possible solutions.

Looking at other posts, maybe starting the installer exe with "Run as Administrator" option can help (just shooting in the dark right now).
Doing this, the installer may complain about that (if it was intended or not) but just continue.
The idea here is to make it behave like in an old XP install, and maybe that can help.
Unread 6 January 16, 05:17   #260
pistoncup
Uploader

Quote:

Any ideas guys?
your GTR2 v1.1 is installed in this "GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game" folder and the .exe is named GTR2.exe ?

I just installed png v3.2 to a virgin (not even a player file made) GTR2 v1.0 and the install all went fine.

The installer tells you at the start if your windows is set to "Run as Administrator" or not.

Try right click on the PnGv3.2_installer , select properties then select "unblock" lower right of the pop up.
I have W7 Run as Administrator selected but sometimes I have to still do this step when I click on a install exe and nothing happens.

Last edited by pistoncup; 6 January 16 at 05:36.
pistoncup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 January 16, 05:22   #261
pistoncup
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by erba72 View Post
And now is working ...
I think that sometimes alls works fine, and sometimes alls don't work ...

Thanks for your help anyway ! 8)
There should be no modern GT cars to be seen in the showrooms or even names as they are not carried over to the new PnG install, so how can they show up ?

I suggest installing a new GTR2 from disc , update the game to v1.1 . Then use the PnG installer option 1 pointing to the new GTR2 install.

Start PnG launcher, patch your player file, then start the game.

Last edited by pistoncup; 6 January 16 at 05:51.
Unread 6 January 16, 07:57   #262
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Just some fine tuning here:

If you need to install GTR2 just to be a source for PnG install, you DON'T need to run v1.1 update Really. v1.0 is all the installer needs. The needed updated files are coming from the Full PnG installer automatically.

BUT if you want to use the "source GTR2" also for some other purposes, like playing it, updating it normally to v1.1 is very recommended. And also remember that Win10 needs that NoCD-patched gtr2.exe-version to work (very much recommended for others too).

cheers.. aSa C[_]
aSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 January 16, 08:34   #263
aSa
One of The P&G guys

joyster:

If the Installer is not accepting the folder you are offering as a source of GTR2 files, it means it can't find the GTR2.EXE file from there. That is the only check it does before starting to copy files.

Please verify, that you are offering the correct folder.

A long shot: maybe your virus control is blocking all access to that GTR2.EXE (for some weird reason). They sometimes do the most annoying things. Disabling it for a short period of time (while running the installer again) might be worth the risks.

That's all I could think of this right now.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 6 January 16, 08:40   #264
joyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSa View Post
joyster:

If the Installer is not accepting the folder you are offering as a source of GTR2 files, it means it can't find the GTR2.EXE file from there. That is the only check it does before starting to copy files.

Please verify, that you are offering the correct folder.

A long shot: maybe your virus control is blocking all access to that GTR2.EXE (for some weird reason). They sometimes do the most annoying things. Disabling it for a short period of time (while running the installer again) might be worth the risks.

That's all I could think of this right now.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Well now this is wierd. I just checked 'File Extensions' in folder view options and my GTR.exe is GTR.exe.exe! So I renamed it back to GTR.exe and now it won't run at all!!! Rename back to GTR2.exe.exe and it's fine... So that's why the installer fails.

Beam me up, Scotty....
Unread 6 January 16, 08:48   #265
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Nice one! LOL The reason I hate the idea that Windows tries to hide the extension of some files is visible there

Maybe your shortcuts are pointing to that exe.exe version. They may need some fixin'.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 9 January 16, 06:33   #266
DF_Racing

Moin,
i have a question, and i'm sure here is not the 100% right place to ask, so sorry...
Can i use all tracks from the PnGv3,1 in v3,2?
Or is it needed to update them first?

THX

regards
Alex
DF_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 January 16, 07:48   #267
aSa
One of The P&G guys

You can use all the tracks meant for GTR2, so no need to use only "PnG tracks". So: YES. No need to update.

I remember seeing couple of tracks with PnG in their name but they are just plain GTR2 tracks with their atmosphere changed to resemble 60's or so. Which is cool!

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 28 January 16, 00:43   #268
Jack Straw II
Premium Member

I'm getting an error message when running the P&G installer;

Users\documents\GTR2\config ini cannot read

What to do?
Jack Straw II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 January 16, 10:10   #269
pistoncup
Uploader

Is it a new GTR2 install ? have you set the config.exe on GTR2 .
(guessing) You may have to start GTR2 once to make the file.
Unread 28 January 16, 14:39   #270
Jack Straw II
Premium Member

pistoncup,

Thanks for the reply

My GTR2 install is a recent Steam ddownload. I've used it a little but have not downloaded any add-ons. I'm afraid I don't know about setting the GTR2. How do I do that?
Unread 28 January 16, 16:35   #271
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Jack Straw II:

I'm sorry for the inconvenience with the installer. There have been a couple of other similar cases and I have an updated installer exe attached here inside the zip if you want to give it a try.

Unzip the new exe (PnGv3.2_installer_beta.exe) into the folder where your PnG install data files are (.001/.002/.003 files) and try running it instead of the original PnGv3.2_installer.exe.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Attached Files
File Type: zip PnGv3.2_installer_beta.zip (489.9 KB, 87 views)
Unread 28 January 16, 17:44   #272
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistoncup View Post
Is it a new GTR2 install ? have you set the config.exe on GTR2 .
(guessing) You may have to start GTR2 once to make the file.

Most common mistake made.

Any gmotor, always run the config.exe first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Straw II View Post
Thanks for the reply

My GTR2 install is a recent Steam ddownload.

The limitations Steam throws up with mods let alone anything else makes
the DVD worth while.

1. Install DVD version to " GTR-FRESH"

2. Remove the "uninstall files"

3. Run Program add/remove , click GTR2 to uninstall, when it won't, click Yes to delete the entry.

In effect GTR2 is now uninstalled.

4. Patch it and add the NoCD, do config.exe, boot GTR2, do profile and all settings.

5. Test

6. Now ....Archive this folder ( ISO image preferably )

7. Anytime ....new install, dramas or tests use this folder as a base.

So try to find a CD/DVD.

P.S.

I do not support warez BUT....if you have already paid for GTR2 is that any worse then making 10 GTR2 folders using the same NO CD.exe ?

People also hack the missing cars back into GTR2 Steam they never paid for.

That is acceptable practice as well and imho rightly so too.

So if that is okay and you already own GTR2, downloading another copy is no worse.
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 January 16, 19:28   #273
David Wright

There is no need to download another copy. The steam copy patched to put back the Ferraris and Porsches runs without steam and can be copied to another folder.
David Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 January 16, 20:43   #274
Jack Straw II
Premium Member

aSa,
Thanks for the tip on the beta installer but I'm cannot unzip it. I use winRAR for un zipping and extracting download files. There's something here that is eluding my modest computer skills.
Unread 28 January 16, 21:19   #275
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
There is no need to download another copy. The steam copy patched to put back the Ferraris and Porsches runs without steam and can be copied to another folder.
Yeah, well I have both and I rather run a image of the DVD then a steam install and patch.

Besides the point was

Whichever way you do it, make a GTR2 standalone folder, don't add anything beside your profile and then archive it for safekeeping.

Use that for PnG or anytime you need a test folder in 30 seconds.

DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 January 16, 07:41   #276
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Jack Straw II:

I used Winrar to create it Well, I checked the attachment and it looks good. It is "an internet download" so your virus software may see it suspicious and actively block running it. Temporarily disabling your virus software (at least the real time scanning part) may be helpful here.

Another way to solve this "Used from Steam only" problem is that you could try running the GTR2CONFIG.EXE directly from your Steam folder. That way (running without administrator rights) the missing CONFIG.INI should be created in to the expected place (I hope). And then try running the original installer.

Your Steam path for the GTR2CONFIG.EXE should be something like:
Quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game\

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 7 March 16, 08:02   #277
tino008

hi. quick question. i installed everything as shown in tutorial,offline everything is fine. online,everything is wrong I get message invalid online key,and i have tested it on 3 GTR2 installs,with no problems whatsoever. Im a Pilsierbude user,and the same online key is working there. Its an original key,from an original game,i have it for a decade... Tried to register new driver,tried existing driver,all i get is invalid online key... Kindest regards valentino

P.S. im not a steam user,but i do own both GTL and GTR2 original manuals,dvd-s stopped working ages ago..... So both of my game verions,are from internet,and GTL copy is one without starforce,and accepts the same code as GTR2. Tested 5 minutes ago,its working...
tino008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 March 16, 12:28   #278
pistoncup
Uploader

There is a online patch or something for GTR2. I can't remember if it comes with png or not. Have a look inside the power and glory folder.
Unread 7 March 16, 13:26   #279
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino008 View Post
hi. quick question. i installed everything as shown in tutorial,offline everything is fine. online,everything is wrong I get message invalid online key,and i have tested it on 3 GTR2 installs,with no problems whatsoever. Im a Pilsierbude user,and the same online key is working there. Its an original key,from an original game,i have it for a decade... Tried to register new driver,tried existing driver,all i get is invalid online key... Kindest regards valentino

P.S. im not a steam user,but i do own both GTL and GTR2 original manuals,dvd-s stopped working ages ago..... So both of my game verions,are from internet,and GTL copy is one without starforce,and accepts the same code as GTR2. Tested 5 minutes ago,its working...
This may be a Firewall problem (Windows or 3rd parties app) blocking the game access to the internet and not a problem of the game/mod. It wouldn't be the first time this happens - and why we included the issue in the P&G Multiplayer F.A.Q.

Quoting the relevant bit from it:
Quote:

5. Can't get online with P&G v3. I've tried various combinations of username and password but to no avail. Had no problem with GTR2 or previous version of P&G. Any suggestions?

- Make sure that you're using the online (multiplayer) key. Not the actual serial key for the game.
This goes for both the retail CD/DVD and STEAM digital versions of GTR2.

- Make sure that your new P&G installation is not getting blocked by the firewall. Sometimes the "firewall popup" is not seen right away and gets ignored with full screen games.
Also, depending on your configuration (if Windows 7 or Windows 8), you may have to select both Home/Work and Public checkboxes (if you don't remember which your operating system uses).

Our team member aSa made a little script tool which may solve related problems a lot easier, please look for it in HERE.
Not sure it will help, but worth a try.

PS: and by the way, P&G v3 already includes every and all known patch of GTR2.
You do NOT need to patch the game/mod with any GTR2 patches.
It's ready to go once installed (online and offline), even over a GTR2 version 1.0.0.0 installation.

Last edited by DucFreak; 7 March 16 at 13:43.
Unread 7 March 16, 18:02   #280
tino008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucFreak View Post
This may be a Firewall problem (Windows or 3rd parties app) blocking the game access to the internet and not a problem of the game/mod. It wouldn't be the first time this happens - and why we included the issue in the P&G Multiplayer F.A.Q.

Quoting the relevant bit from it:

Not sure it will help, but worth a try.

PS: and by the way, P&G v3 already includes every and all known patch of GTR2.
You do NOT need to patch the game/mod with any GTR2 patches.
It's ready to go once installed (online and offline), even over a GTR2 version 1.0.0.0 installation.

Thank you very much for your very fast reply i read every line in theme,before asking,i wouldnt bother anybody without trying evertything first i have tried 5 times,and,after install,everything ok offline,but like i said, serial and online keys i have are working 100 % on other installs,but are not accepted for P&G. tried another clean gtr2 install,tried to enter both keys,and without delay,i was in the lobby. I will try what you have suggested,i beleieve i somehow did something wrong. So tommorow,everything from scratch. I have only one question for you. When i install fresh gtr 2 tommorow,should i right away,register and enter both keys,and then,run P&G 3.2 installer ? Kindest regards,Valentino
Unread 7 March 16, 18:30   #281
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino008 View Post
I have only one question for you. When i install fresh gtr 2 tommorow,should i right away,register and enter both keys,and then,run P&G 3.2 installer?
Yes, that is also a valid way to do it as well.
But, if you want to register online BEFORE installing P&G, it'll also require a bit of extra work for you, because you'll need to install the "GTR2 patch 1.100" and the "Patch for GTR2 online lobby" in that fresh installation of GTR2 for it work online.

If you already have a working installation of P&G v3.2 (for single-player), then you may wish to try this as an alternative (I'll go in steps):
  1. Go to the main installation folder of GTR2 that you are sure is working online.
    In that installation of GTR2, go to the USERDATA folder.
    You'll see a folder with your player name. "Copy" that folder.

2. Now go the main installation folder of P&G v3.2, then to the USERDATA folder.
    "Paste" (or place) in there that folder with your player name.

3. Run P&G 3.2, and once in the main screen of the game, go to PROFILES and select that user name (same as the one that you use in GTR2).

4. Try to go into the online lobby.
    (you'll notice that your username and password is already typed in)

The reason for me to suggest this to you is because the online username and password resides in the .PLR file, which is inside the folder with the player name.
As to say, making sure things are the same for P&G as they were for that GTR2 installation which works online.

If after that it fails to get into the online lobby, then most likely it's being blocked by a Firewall (usually the one from Windows). And in this case, try the solution pointed in my previous post.

Last edited by DucFreak; 7 March 16 at 19:44.
Unread 7 March 16, 21:47   #282
tino008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucFreak View Post
Yes, that is also a valid way to do it as well.
But, if you want to register online BEFORE installing P&G, it'll also require a bit of extra work for you, because you'll need to install the "GTR2 patch 1.100" and the "Patch for GTR2 online lobby" in that fresh installation of GTR2 for it work online.

If you already have a working installation of P&G v3.2 (for single-player), then you may wish to try this as an alternative (I'll go in steps):
  1. Go to the main installation folder of GTR2 that you are sure is working online.
    In that installation of GTR2, go to the USERDATA folder.
    You'll see a folder with your player name. "Copy" that folder.

2. Now go the main installation folder of P&G v3.2, then to the USERDATA folder.
    "Paste" (or place) in there that folder with your player name.

3. Run P&G 3.2, and once in the main screen of the game, go to PROFILES and select that user name (same as the one that you use in GTR2).

4. Try to go into the online lobby.
    (you'll notice that your username and password is already typed in)

The reason for me to suggest this to you is because the online username and password resides in the .PLR file, which is inside the folder with the player name.
As to say, making sure things are the same for P&G as they were for that GTR2 installation which works online.

If after that it fails to get into the online lobby, then most likely it's being blocked by a Firewall (usually the one from Windows). And in this case, try the solution pointed in my previous post.
Thank you very much for your help,and long post Hope everything checks out tommorow K.R. Valentino
Unread 12 March 16, 10:29   #283
andi316

Hi@all,

i have a clean GTR2 installation and want to install p&g3.2

During Installation i get an error which tells me "unpacking error status -1"

I downloaded the installation files approx three times from different mirrors, the exe checker says the files would be ok.

Can anyone help me with this Problem?
Thanks in advance
andi316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 March 16, 07:23   #284
aSa
One of The P&G guys

-1 ?? Now THAT is quite an unexpected errorlevel..

I could guess (!! without knowing your computer setup at all ) that there's a problem when the installer extracts its uncompressor exe in to the temp folders. -1 could try to tell us that the uncompressor exe was not found from there. But why..??

Again, I have to suggest that you disable your virus program temporarily (while you try to run the installer again). It may be blocking the extraction process to the temps, or blocking the run phase from there.

Hopefully it is nothing more serious than that.

cheers... aSa C[_]
Unread 17 March 16, 21:06   #285
Tspringer

I am new and having lots of difficulty getting this to run. I downloaded GTR2 from Steam as part of the simbin package deal with lots of other games. I did a clean GTR2 install as per instructions. I launched and played one very brief gaming session and it did run fine. I then followed the instructions to download and install P&Gv3.2. When I try to launch the game, the launcher does come up and I do click the green player button but when I try to start I get this error:

ERROR: NO PROFILES FOUND

If you have just copied/renamed this installation folder, your profiles might have been left in the wrong folder.

Profile folders should be located under:
C:\Users\terry\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x86)\UserData\
(Note: the path above may have been split to more than one line)

I did manually copy the entire profile folder from GTR2 to the P&G3.2 folder but then I see this message displayed in the launcher:

#ERR Failed patching Player profile(s)!

Nothing I have tried so far results in the game actually launching such that you can play. Please help !!! Thanks!!!

Terry
Tspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 March 16, 07:51   #286
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Hi Terry, I'm sorry to hear of your problems. But what you have been describing so far sounds pretty much that the profiles are not yet in a correct place (or in a correct format).

The path the Launcher suggested sounds good but you need to keep the profile's folder structure intact (the same it was in the original place). So IF your GTR2 player name were e.g. TERRY, you should copy that folder and the files under it to the new, suggested path.

In other words you then should have
Code:
C:\Users\terry\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x86)\UserData\TERRY
and in that TERRY folder you should have at least TERRY.PLR and STATS.STC files.

If the above was already done and verified, then I could use some more details. Like did you use install option #1 (copy GTR2 files to a new location) or #2 (overwrite an existing GTR2 install) when you run the installer. I wouldn't recommend #2 with Steam installs, btw. Or if the install process finished cleanly at all (there are certain Steam installs that create problems atm. I have an updated installer.exe made to just fix this specific problem). Also there's an "INSTALL.LOG" file in your PnG folder that might be helpful too.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 19 March 16, 18:04   #287
Tspringer

aSa.... thanks for the help!

I did play with the profile data location and I got it to run once. Now it will not run a second time. The launcher opens but clicking START does nothing. Nothing I do results in the game launching.

I installed with option 1. I sure would love to be able to play this.

Terry
Unread 19 March 16, 18:18   #288
DucFreak

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tspringer View Post
I am new and having lots of difficulty getting this to run. I downloaded GTR2 from Steam as part of the simbin package deal with lots of other games. I did a clean GTR2 install as per instructions. I launched and played one very brief gaming session and it did run fine. I then followed the instructions to download and install P&Gv3.2. When I try to launch the game, the launcher does come up and I do click the green player button but when I try to start I get this error:

ERROR: NO PROFILES FOUND

If you have just copied/renamed this installation folder, your profiles might have been left in the wrong folder.

Profile folders should be located under:
C:\Users\terry\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x86)\UserData\
(Note: the path above may have been split to more than one line)

I did manually copy the entire profile folder from GTR2 to the P&G3.2 folder but then I see this message displayed in the launcher:

#ERR Failed patching Player profile(s)!

Nothing I have tried so far results in the game actually launching such that you can play. Please help !!! Thanks!!!

Terry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tspringer View Post
I did play with the profile data location and I got it to run once. Now it will not run a second time. The launcher opens but clicking START does nothing. Nothing I do results in the game launching.

I installed with option 1. I sure would love to be able to play this.

Terry
Maybe I'll be asking about stuff that you've already been around and doing (sorry of so), but....

- Are you running the game executable with administrator rights?
- Did GTR2 run fine?

Just brainstorming here in my confusion but, have a look at THIS.
NOTE: ignore the 4th and last point (about Steam GTR2 Porsches and Ferraris locked)

Won't hurt to try, I guess?

Last edited by DucFreak; 19 March 16 at 18:32.
Unread 19 March 16, 18:58   #289
Tspringer

I FINALLY got it to launch again but still cannot play. Now the game will not properly recognize my Logitech G27 wheel.... it insists that the brake and throttle be either / or. Cannot get both brake and throttle pedals to work separately.

I am honestly shocked at how utterly inaccessible PC gaming is. If your not a hard core techie... your excluded. For a working professional who cannot allocate weeks or months to learning all about PC hardware, software, drivers, setup utilities, controllers and a lo the rest of it, you are screwed.

I have money but not time. I want to spend my limited recreational time PLAYING.... not getting a degree in gaming pc systems and setup functions.

Anyone know of a service that will do all setup for you and then teach you how to launch and play?

EDIT: all that may have come across harsh which was unintended. I very much appreciate the help you guys offer. Getting into playing these games would be impossible without your help!

Terry

Last edited by Tspringer; 19 March 16 at 19:32.
Unread 20 March 16, 03:50   #290
pistoncup
Uploader

Open the Logitech profiler options and un-tick the combined accelerator/brake pedals box. You only have to do this once and it will be right for all your driving games. make sure your wheel is reading 900 deg.

In game when you set up your car settings look for steering lock number and set that from 14 or 15 to 30+or max so you get full steering lock on the car.

The reason it's a bit harder on the PC is because there are hundreds of different variations compared to console's. You will pick this stuff up along the way or just ask.

Last edited by pistoncup; 20 March 16 at 04:05.
Unread 27 May 16, 18:21   #291
philthegasman

Installing on windows 10 getting this error, amy help please?

Create folder: C:\Program Files\PnG3\UserData\LOG
Creating a dummy log file (2) [C:\Program Files\PnG3\UserData\LOG\trace.txt]
#ERR: unable to open file 'C:\Users\pipsh\OneDrive\Documents\GTR2\CONFIG.INI ' for reading.
philthegasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 16, 06:11   #292
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Well, this may be a new one My guess is that you have OneDrive service running (?) and it is for some reason blocking access to that INI file (??). So at first I would temporarily stop the OneDrive and try running the installer again.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 24 July 17, 14:29   #293
RayG2261

Okay... FINALLY got around to installing the latest P&G version. Installed with no issues or problems. Once I figured out the correct way to launch it, of course. Question is- I have a bunch of add-on tracks from the standard GTR2 that I've put in. these did not port over. I presume I will be able to drop those into the "Locations" directory on the mod? TIA
RayG2261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 July 17, 15:48   #294
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayG2261 View Post
Question is- I have a bunch of add-on tracks from the standard GTR2 that I've put in. these did not port over. I presume I will be able to drop those into the "Locations" directory on the mod? TIA
Welcome to P&G.
Yes, you can download and install the GTR2 addon tracks that you wish, exactly in the same way as you would for "vanilla" GTR2.
Unread 24 July 17, 17:23   #295
RayG2261

Yup, thanks- worked a treat. All tracks went in and show up in the choices. But I did filter out the couple that never really worked in the GTR2 version.
I will say, there's a big difference in driving dynamics with these new(old) cars. But it's going to be a delight to figure out the new styles of driving... Went out first in the 69 Mustang Boss 302 since I had one... yeesh, it's a handful at speed. Just like I remember.
thanks again.
RayG2261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 November 17, 19:05   #296
greenp
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
OK thanks for the replies DucFreak & aSa. Yeh I think it is just a case of my AV being too fussy, I'll restore the file back to my install.
I'll try this.
greenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 November 17, 19:18   #297
greenp
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenp View Post
I'll try this.
Works great!
greenp is offline   Reply With Quote