Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2 > Power and Glory Mod

Unread 2 November 12, 13:24   #51
betterstranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddomuncher View Post
I have map plugin working and also XD
http://www.bsimracing.com/gtr2/gtr2-...-xd-v213-full/

downloaded the new XD http://www.vitumo.de/
rename the XD d3d9.dll to d3d9_xd.dll and you get delta time aswell. and put in main folder.. with the map plugin
you end up with a d3d9.dll (321KB) and the new d3d9_xd.dll(1488KB) in main folder..(delete old d3d9_xd.dll) before adding new one

i didnt have to do anything with the map plugin it worked straight away..
but XD didint so i did the above..

make sure the map plugin config files looks like this (found in main folder P&G)
[GENERAL]
OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9_xd.dll
#OriginalD3D9Dll=DEFAULT

hope this helps..
thanks for help but sadly it doesn't work.

I'm still getting error:

TEST pIDirect3D9_window->CreateDevice: OK
CreateDevice 1 : OK
SetDialogBoxMode: ERROR: -2005530516

that's from the d3d9_gtr2mapplugin.log.txt file.
betterstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 November 12, 18:22   #52
paddomuncher

i got the same in P&G main folder.. but it still works ok for me....
although i dont have this file in gtr2.. main folder

will look for more info...

you have got the write shared memory box set to 1 in user name plr file
Did you set up a new profile or was it copied from gtr2 on install..
Does XD work...
might need latest version of DirectX 9.0c Package.

im not the best at this stuff sorry i cant be of more help..

Last edited by paddomuncher; 2 November 12 at 18:33.
paddomuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 November 12, 22:56   #53
Baston8005

Default Boot possible cheat problems...

Hey guys, having an issue. I installed gtr2 then installed P&Gv3 over it using install option 2. I copied over my user data folder and tracks folder.
Racing offline is no problem but when I go to join an online race I get booted every time. Player user folder and track folder where from a working P&GV2 install.
Next I deleted everything and started over. So Installed GTR2 and v3 again and made a new player. Now I can connect to most online games except the italia online server. I get booted everytime...
Any suggestions?
Baston8005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 November 12, 23:20   #54
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baston8005 View Post
Hey guys, having an issue. I installed gtr2 then installed P&Gv3 over it using install option 2. I copied over my user data folder and tracks folder.
Racing offline is no problem but when I go to join an online race I get booted every time. Player user folder and track folder where from a working P&GV2 install.
Next I deleted everything and started over. So Installed GTR2 and v3 again and made a new player. Now I can connect to most online games except the italia online server. I get booted everytime...
Any suggestions?
Copying your locations folder from another GTR2 or older P&Gv2 installation into the new P&Gv3 installation is bad practice. We've included a bunch of tweaks that are lost if you do it, hence the mismatch and booting from servers hosting the mod.

If you're willing to use add-on tracks in P&G v3, then copy them separately, one by one, either from another installation "Locations" folder, or by redownloading/reinstalling them. Then, there won't be any problems online.

Meanwhile, please try this file, extract it into your '[PNG]\GameData\Locations' folder, overwrite when prompted, then try again online.

Hope it works this time.
DucFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 November 12, 08:35   #55
Zorg_DK

Question about FFB: Is it possible to reduce the FFB strength from curbs, and when getting off-road? The FFB is excellent otherwise.
Zorg_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 November 12, 13:16   #56
Corgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg_DK View Post
Question about FFB: Is it possible to reduce the FFB strength from curbs, and when getting off-road? The FFB is excellent otherwise.
In your player file under controls option: FFB rumble strip magnitude. Just set the number lower.
Corgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 November 12, 13:33   #57
Zorg_DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan View Post
In your player file under controls option: FFB rumble strip magnitude. Just set the number lower.
Thanks.
Zorg_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 November 12, 15:51   #58
Mark Uribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucFreak View Post
You can try to copy the folders, but what is bugging me is the location of the LOG folder (or its inexistence).

So, perhaps before doing that, we better make sure where it really is, which you can find by doing the following:

When you run the Launcher, in "Tools" you have an option "Enable Start with Debug Mode". Please enable that (it will appear as "checked"), then run the game, and exit again.

Getting back to the Launcher, again in "Tools", in the last option "view Debug mode text log...", click on it to show a trace text file.
...on that trace text file, click "File", then "Save as"... you'll see where the file is when it opens a window of the folder (...Userdata\LOG) and doubts will end then.
Sorry for the delayed response, r/l keeping me busy.

First, I have to apologize because I got things a bit mixed-up. And just so you know DucFreak, the trace was going to MyDocs/GTR2/userdata/Log-dedi. And the HAT files were going into a HAT folder in that Log-dedi folder as well. That MyDocs/GTR2 folder is old, back from the first install I did when my PC was new 3+ years ago and is never used or accessed by any one of my current GTR2 installs. Nor have I started any dedi-server in months, maybe a year, and I have only tested connecting to the lobby I have not actually joined a server if that matters. Regardless, the HAT files should go to the LOG/HAT folder not the LOG-Dedi/HAT, right? Strangely, My player file seems to be updated normally in the P&G3/userdata/'my player' folder, it isn't being sent to the userdata folder in MyDocs. Maybe this is because it was copied over during install and not created in P&G3 which likely would have sent the player folder/file to MyDocs I would guess.

Here's how I got things mixed up...I do have UAC enabled in Vista, but by running GTR2 'as administrator' it defeats the UAC in that nothing goes to the MyDocs folder, it all stays in the main GTR2 folder. I have at least 10 GTR2 installs including 1 for P&Gv2.1 and they all work like that with no problems. However, it appears that P&G3 will CTD if 'run as admin'. If there is a way to run the P&G3 GTR2.exe 'as admin' like v2.1 then this issue would likely be solved. Possible?
Mark Uribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 November 12, 17:37   #59
aSa
One of The P&G guys

With GTR2 engine, *profiles* are always created at [GTR2]\UserData\. Only exeption is when you install GTR2 (or PnG) to somewhere with access restrictions (w/ UAC enabled), like to C:\Program Files. Then the profiles will actually be created to %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\[GTR2]\UserData\ (here the [GTR2] path is without drive letters).

LOG and HAT folders find their places differently. If GTR2 has enough write rights to its [GTR2] folder (i.e. UAC off, XPs, install path not under %PROGRAMFILES% or similar) and CONFIG.INI (this time used from [GTR2]) has the original short paths, GTR2 will use also [GTR2] folder for these (like XP had). Otherwise you'll find them from [MyDocs]\GTR2\... Or where your CONFIG.INI is pointing..

Maybe attached XLS help to see the picture better than my Finglish.

From that XLS you can interestingly notice how starting Ded.server changes the LOGDIR= designation in some occasions, but when tested, it didn't obey that folder designation itself. So when somebody is wondering where the .... that file is, (correct) CONFIG.INI may be the key in locating it.

Good to know: You know you're looking at the *correct* CONFIG.INI, if it's time stamp changes every time you start your game. GTR2 will "touch" it every time. Please note that using those elevated admin powers may change the location of your "correct CONFIG.INI".

About "run as Admin" problem. Well I think there might be a problem with your CONFIG.INI in your [GTR2] (!!) folder. Maybe first start with running GTR2Config.exe *with admin rights* 1st to see if that helps. Then check that the paths in there (in CONFIG.INI) look ok. AND of course use the trace parameters with admin rights.... And remember to check the *correct* trace.txt afterwards..

cheers.. aSa C[_]

EDIT:
Attached FileLocations.xls is now at DropBox.

Last edited by aSa; 21 November 14 at 09:54.
aSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 November 12, 18:00   #60
Art-J

OK, here's the strange one. Clean option 2 install of P&G over clean GTR2, Win XP, DX9 rasterizer, with stock content mod runs fine.

Then, I installed all 5 Virtua_LM tracks (latest GTR2 versions available on their website) and... game crashes to desktop right in the moment when initial screen with Alfa should be displayed. Running the game again, in the "debug" mode sometimes solves the problem, sometimes does not (I did reinstall GTR2 and P&G once already, because after few hours of driving even debug mode stopped working completely).

The funny thing is, when I copy single VLM track folders to GTR2, one by one, and fire up the game (to check which track might be causing the issues), everything is allright. It's when I copy all five of them, the CTD reappears. The trace.txt file made after the crash shows many .cpp files loading into memory OK as intended, and then there's a column of about 250 error lines, each saying "setup.cpp 1194: Could not find .HDC".

Does anyone know what might be going on here?
Art-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 November 12, 19:40   #61
aSa
One of The P&G guys

#1194 errors are usual now, for a reason I'm not aware of.

It might be something like an conflicting resource in one of the VLM tracks with another one. Hard to say if trace txt isn't showing it (you're looking at the *correct* trace txt, right? Check the time stamp to be sure).

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 4 November 12, 15:35   #62
zaril

Here a lot of aliasing, specially on the white lines.

Ati 6970
i72600k
8G RAM
W7 64

Using supesampling better but new stuttering

I know that are GTR2 problems, but every solution is welcome.

Tks
zaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 16:58   #63
daykrolik
Premium Member

Default Computer Shut-off

Practicing with the Pantera on the Virtua Rouen circuit, my computer shut off twice. Not a CTD, but a complete power shut down. In my 15 years of sim racing, I've never encountered this phenomenon. System is Intel 6600 2.4 with a 480GTX. I'm using Nvidia Inspector and, in previous testing, was getting very high frame rates. I'll continue to experiment, but any thoughts/comments would be much appreciated.
daykrolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 17:05   #64
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by daykrolik View Post
Practicing with the Pantera on the Virtua Rouen circuit, my computer shut off twice. Not a CTD, but a complete power shut down. In my 15 years of sim racing, I've never encountered this phenomenon. System is Intel 6600 2.4 with a 480GTX. I'm using Nvidia Inspector and, in previous testing, was getting very high frame rates. I'll continue to experiment, but any thoughts/comments would be much appreciated.
....is it just that combination of car and track?

I've been around P&G both as dev and user since early 2007 (pretty much non stop) and never, ever, heard of such a thing for anything in our mod.

If there's a prize for the most amazing bug report, that'll be it.

Last edited by DucFreak; 4 November 12 at 17:27.
Unread 4 November 12, 17:16   #65
David Wright

Quote:
Do you think its just that car/track combo?

In the "olden days" when GTL came out it was something of a system breaker. If you had any weakness be-it faulty memory or a clogged up cooler it would find it. But that was seven years ago and as PCs have got more powerful, those kind of issues went away some time ago.
David Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 19:15   #66
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Quote:
Surely something is wrong with your machine.

If the power down is very sudden, like no stuttering before, just snap and it's off, I would suggest to try another power supply, with enough wattage.

And while your case is open, please check that condensators are not expanded at the top on your motherboard. Few years of use and this is quite often the case. Those condensators are replaceable if you have the proper expertise in soldering things around ground plates.

Ohh my english sucks, I hope you understand what I tried to explain ..

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 4 November 12, 20:41   #67
Scott Myers

Any idea why I can only drive the first car? No matter how I select the other cars, only my opponents (the AI) get the good cars

Won't select tracks either ???? Hmmmm

Last edited by Scott Myers; 4 November 12 at 20:56.
Scott Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 21:10   #68
GTV

I have a strange problem with P&G 3: after installation it works like a charme, but after rebooting the PC it always crashes to desktop when I push the start button. The trace file looks like this:

Quote:
TRACE LEVEL = 1000
netcomm.cpp 7902: NetComm checking command line: "-trace=1000"
game.cpp 633: Entered Game::Enter()
osman.cpp 469: Entered OSMan::Enter()
setup.cpp 1194: Could not find .HDC

The line setup.cpp 1194: Could not find .HDC is repeated 373 times and was removed in order to exceed the allowed number of characters.

vidman.cpp 1011: Entered VidMan::Enter()
specialfx.cp 3577: Entered SpecialFX::Enter()
dynman.cpp 597: Entered DynMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 3783: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
sound.cpp 700: Entered Sound::Enter()
hwinput.cpp 6527: Entered HWInput::Enter()
onscreen.cpp 3155: Entered OnScreen::Enter()
game.cpp 726: Entered Game::Setup()
hwinput.cpp 6541: Entered HWInput::Setup()
options.cpp 1657: Entered Options::Setup()
It`s a clean option 1 install over clean GTR2, Win XP, DX9 rasterizer, GTR2 and P&G 2 are working correct. Its the second installation of P&G 3, because after first installation the same error happend.
GTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 21:25   #69
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV View Post
I have a strange problem with P&G 3: after installation it works like a charme, but after rebooting the PC it always crashes to desktop when I push the start button. The trace file looks like this:

It`s a clean option 1 install over clean GTR2, Win XP, DX9 rasterizer, GTR2 and P&G 2 are working correct. Its the second installation of P&G 3, because after first installation the same error happend.
Try this please:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...0&postcount=27
Unread 4 November 12, 22:13   #70
GTV

Thanks for your quick answer!

Unfortunatly it doesnīt work with or without running as administrator. According to the trace file it looks like there are some hdc files missing.
Unread 4 November 12, 22:18   #71
GTV

sorry dp
Unread 5 November 12, 00:32   #72
traind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucFreak View Post
Please try this.

BTW, is this a new player profile or imported one (during installation)?
If it's the latter, also try creating a new player profile.

Tell us how it goes later.
These adjustments appear to have worked for me. I just played P&G and all functions seemed to be working smoothly now. Thank you very much for all your help!
traind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 November 12, 07:30   #73
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV View Post
Thanks for your quick answer!

Unfortunatly it doesnīt work with or without running as administrator. According to the trace file it looks like there are some hdc files missing.
Those "missing .HDC" lines are not a symptom of an error. They are common even in a working PnG.

I attached an example from my own system. I took it all the way to the MonzaJr (but no wheel attached so no laps) and back. And this is the log I got.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Attached Files
File Type: txt PnGv3_Example_trace.txt (18.9 KB, 19 views)
Unread 5 November 12, 11:17   #74
NotRickyBobby

Whenever I try connecting to the GC p&g v3 pub server my join button greys out, nothing happens for 20 or thirty seconds and then its like I never hit the join button. I can join other servers; it seems like the only one I can't. And its the one with people in it all the time.
NotRickyBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 November 12, 11:22   #75
aSa
One of The P&G guys

There's a limit for players to join a server. Maybe it was just full?

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 5 November 12, 11:32   #76
NotRickyBobby

only 4 or 5 people in it
NotRickyBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 November 12, 12:35   #77
GBRacer

Default Update Error Message

Should this error (seen on the attachment) be expected when there are no updates indicated yet the update button is pressed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P&G V3 Update Error.jpg (151.0 KB, 53 views)
GBRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 November 12, 12:48   #78
JumpStart
Premium Member

Thanks for the file, all this time I redownloaded .002 and .003 since the unpacking seemed to be more than 30%, but the corrupt file was .001
JumpStart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 November 12, 14:07   #79
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRacer View Post
Should this error (seen on the attachment) be expected when there are no updates indicated yet the update button is pressed?
lol.. nice screen res you have

Yes, thats the error trap for that case.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 5 November 12, 18:25   #80
JJC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickyBobby View Post
Whenever I try connecting to the GC p&g v3 pub server my join button greys out, nothing happens for 20 or thirty seconds and then its like I never hit the join button. I can join other servers; it seems like the only one I can't. And its the one with people in it all the time.
Try again, a small fault was found and fixed on the server.
JJC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 November 12, 18:47   #81
drako90

Today, When I'm running in the server, sometimes the game crash.
"GTR2.exe has stopped working" or something.

My Gtr2 is original, and i installed P&G with the option 2 in a clean GTR2.

Sorry for my english, guys
drako90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 November 12, 20:42   #82
GTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSa View Post
Those "missing .HDC" lines are not a symptom of an error. They are common even in a working PnG.

I attached an example from my own system. I took it all the way to the MonzaJr (but no wheel attached so no laps) and back. And this is the log I got.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Ok, thanks for the explanation.

Meanwhile I found the cause for the crash, but no solution:

If I install addon tracks from p&g 2 (which works fine) p&g 3 crashes. Sometimes after installing 3 tracks, sometimes after installing more tracks, but allways after restarting windows.

I have never had this error before and I have no idea whats causing this.
Unread 5 November 12, 21:12   #83
betterstranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddomuncher View Post
i got the same in P&G main folder.. but it still works ok for me....
although i dont have this file in gtr2.. main folder

will look for more info...

you have got the write shared memory box set to 1 in user name plr file
Did you set up a new profile or was it copied from gtr2 on install..
Does XD work...
might need latest version of DirectX 9.0c Package.

im not the best at this stuff sorry i cant be of more help..
many thanks for your willing to help
yeah, i've got dx9c, newest drivers from ati/amd for my hd5850 and still can't make it run.
additionaly i've got now problem with adding some tracks.
some of fan-made works, most of them not (for ex. 60Lemans, 67Schotten, 60Monza...).

Have you got any idea what could be wrong with my PnG3? it's such a great mod!!!
betterstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 November 12, 01:33   #84
Mark Uribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSa View Post
With GTR2 engine, *profiles* are always created at [GTR2]\UserData\. Only exeption is when you install GTR2 (or PnG) to somewhere with access restrictions (w/ UAC enabled), like to C:\Program Files. Then the profiles will actually be created to %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\[GTR2]\UserData\ (here the [GTR2] path is without drive letters).

LOG and HAT folders find their places differently. If GTR2 has enough write rights to its [GTR2] folder (i.e. UAC off, XPs, install path not under %PROGRAMFILES% or similar) and CONFIG.INI (this time used from [GTR2]) has the original short paths, GTR2 will use also [GTR2] folder for these (like XP had). Otherwise you'll find them from [MyDocs]\GTR2\... Or where your CONFIG.INI is pointing..

Maybe attached XLS help to see the picture better than my Finglish.

From that XLS you can interestingly notice how starting Ded.server changes the LOGDIR= designation in some occasions, but when tested, it didn't obey that folder designation itself. So when somebody is wondering where the .... that file is, (correct) CONFIG.INI may be the key in locating it.

Good to know: You know you're looking at the *correct* CONFIG.INI, if it's time stamp changes every time you start your game. GTR2 will "touch" it every time. Please note that using those elevated admin powers may change the location of your "correct CONFIG.INI".

About "run as Admin" problem. Well I think there might be a problem with your CONFIG.INI in your [GTR2] (!!) folder. Maybe first start with running GTR2Config.exe *with admin rights* 1st to see if that helps. Then check that the paths in there (in CONFIG.INI) look ok. AND of course use the trace parameters with admin rights.... And remember to check the *correct* trace.txt afterwards..

cheers.. aSa C[_]
@ aSa
Ok, that made no sense to me. Thanks for trying though.

Anyway, I solved the issue with my first idea which was just copying over the LOG folders from the clean/source GTR2 install to the P&G3 install, set the P&G3/GTR2.exe, and the Launcher, to 'run as admin' and now the HAT files go where they are suppose to go and no CTD.

This had nothing to do with a problem with my CONFIG or anything like that. It was crashing because there were no LOG folders in the P&G3/userdata folder. They weren't copied over from the source install during P&G3 installation. It's actually a bit more complicated than that but it's all good now so thanks for trying to help, aSa and DucFreak.
Really enjoying this absolute masterpiece and can't thank The GTLW Team enough so, again, thank you very much.
Now, back to it!!
Mark Uribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 November 12, 08:06   #85
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Uribe View Post
@ aSa
Ok, that made no sense to me. Thanks for trying though.
D'oh! I'm sorry. This is just me .. I just hoped the best. But I'm glad you were still able to solve it (seems that you just "changed" your CONFIG.INI back to normal one).

Was it my shortcuts I'm using ? Or just too much of everything, over your head ?

What I wanted to mostly express was that
1) there is two separate CONFIG.INI files, but only one is in use. And that you may have been editing the wrong one.
2) in that "correct" CONFIG.INI is an entry: LOGDIR=
This entry in certain cases get changed by the DedicatedServer to point to the Log_Dedicated folder instead of the more common Log folder. This line can be edited back to normal, if needed.

About different CONFIG.INIs:
If you run PnG Launcher / GTR2.exe normally (without "Run as Administrator" or such), the GTR2 engine will use the CONFIG.INI under your Documents' GTR2 folder (which was shortcutted by me as: [MyDocs]).

BUT if you run PnG Launcher / GTR2.exe with "Run as Administrator" (OR with UAC disabled OR in XP), the GTR2 engine will use the CONFIG.INI under your GTR2 installation folder (which was shortcutted as: [GTR2]). Like XP had.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 6 November 12, 23:09   #86
Flattop

GTR2 (for P&G server), dedicated server and "Server 2012" compatability...

Searching for information and waiting on feedback from a provider at present, but is there a problem with GTR2 and Server 2012?
Flattop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 November 12, 00:05   #87
Nick Garnett

After a considerable amount of hassle I now have what would appear to be a fully functioning P&GV3 on my system. However, some of the information below may be of interest to those who have experienced the “Could not fund .HDC” messages – see posts 60 and 68 above.

First off here are my system specs.

Intel Pentium IV 3Ghz Processor
ATI Radeon HD 4650 Graphics with 1GB Ram
2 GB Memory
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 Version Build 2600

Yes, ok ok I appreciate that it won’t help that my computer system is nearly as old as some of the cars in the P&GV3 simulation but on reaching this stage I have encountered the following

Norton Anti-Virus complaining as soon as I downloaded the ‘pngv3.0_installer’. After analysis Norton decided to place the installer in Quarantine due to it assuming that something called “MS.Reputation.1” was moderately suspicious. Downloading the three files ‘001’, ‘002’ and ‘003’ was fine.

Anyway due to the fact that that I trust the ‘GTLW’ team more than Norton Anti-Virus I decided to retrieve the Installer from Quarantine whilst Norton was having its tantrum. Then set Norton to exclude both ‘pngv3.0_installer’ and “MS.Reputation.1” from all future virus scans.

Installation via Option 1 then went fine. Installed all 5 VLM Tracks which I had already down-loaded ages ago. Had a drive with one of the Alfas and then Detomaso Pantera round VLM Rouen ‘short’ and man that was more fun just in test mode than most other simulations are in race mode. Then shut system down, switched off and went to bed – boring old work the next day !!

Next evening, switched system on, launched P&GV3 and CTD immediately after pressing ‘Player’ and ‘Start’. Tried again in debug mode – same result and then could see from the generated log that problem related to the “Could not find .HDC” issue.

Decided to uninstall and then re-install P&GV3 – again using option 1, installed 5 VLM Tracks again and hey presto everything worked again – or at least it did until I shut the system down.

Next evening same thing. Go two paragraphs up and re-read for what would probably have happened on day 3 had I not suddenly remembered something.

For some reason that I can’t quite remember I have had to download the VLM Fuji track on two separate occasions (months apart). The first time Norton Anti-Virus didn’t complain about it but the second time after downloading from the same site Norton Anti-Virus analysed the track and complained about something called either “MH690.A” or as above i.e. “MS.Reputation.1”. I suspect that this difference in Norton’s analysis is due to some update to the Norton product within this time period and has nothing to do with the Fuji track itself.

Now I know that this might just be a coincidence but since re-installing P&GV3 for a third time and NOT re-installing the VLM Fuji track everything now seems to be working fine. Currently I have only installed the VML tracks Rouen and LeMans.

This “Could not find HDC’ issue doesn’t seem to affect many people – maybe only those using Windows XP and Norton Anti Virus or something but it would be good if someone knew what might be causing it. Hopefully there might be some information in this post that might help. I personally don’t know what either “MH690.A” or “MS.Reputation.1’ are.

Anyway, I hope that everyone is enjoying P&GV3 !! Even with my limited driving experience so far I can tell that P&GV3 positively oozes class and quality. Attention to detail from the GTLW team is stunning. Never before in the field of motor racing simulation can such a talented team have provided so much potential driving pleasure for so many.
Nick Garnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 November 12, 07:35   #88
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Good, elaborate report, thank you.

There were previous encounters with Norton related problems too, but I wasn't able to guide them as I have never used heavy scanners like that.

“Could not find .HDC" is not considered as an error. They just have appeared at some point, without any *obvious* reason, for all OS's. Still everything is working. The same is with 4x "Non-existent tire brand "" " (note: with an empty name). They are "normal" now.

Because of reports I've got I've been suspecting that one of the VLM tracks might conflict with some other, non-VLM track. It wouldn't be the first track conflict there has been. This would need further investigation.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 8 November 12, 00:31   #89
JoeP1
Uploader

Any body else having problems wit any add-on tracks? I can't get Bridgehampton67, Road Atlanta70 or Targa to work. I get a ctd when trying to start the game with any of these tracks installed,and for some reason can't get a trace file to run. My OS is WinXP Pro 32 bit. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by JoeP1; 8 November 12 at 00:33. Reason: text change
JoeP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 November 12, 06:26   #90
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP1 View Post
Any body else having problems wit any add-on tracks? I can't get Bridgehampton67, Road Atlanta70 or Targa to work. I get a ctd when trying to start the game with any of these tracks installed,and for some reason can't get a trace file to run. My OS is WinXP Pro 32 bit. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Joe,

I've download the tracks and they all work fine with my P&G v3 installation.
I'm on Win 7 Pro 64-bit, and using the "+2GB ram" no-cd executable (this one seems necessary in the case of Targa Fiorio?).

There has been a few reports, some pretty strange and isolated cases but, in anycase, even if these CTD's with add-on tracks are not making any sense, a specific thread has been opened so that we all can discuss, test and look into it:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=301990

I can't move your post into there, so I hope you don't mind to post in there about this.

PS: I invite others with similar issues to do the same.
Unread 9 November 12, 15:34   #91
Art-J

My first attempt of running P&G with VLM tracks (before I wrote post no. 60 above) was without Fuji (at that point I didn't even know it was converted to GTR2 after all) and with 4 remaining tracks I still had the CTD problem, exactly as described by Nick.

The VLM track conflict/mismatch must be caused by something else then. It's difficult to pinpoint it though, 'cause I still haven't figured out which exact VLM combinations (up to 4 tracks total) are 100% "safe" and which are not.

P.S. - not using Norton, and my AV program was OK with all P&G and VLM installers.
Art-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 November 12, 17:04   #92
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Aah, ok. But I think I have read about two suspicious cases conserning/including VLM tracks, yours being just one of them.

Anyways I'm gonna do some track testing after I have finished this 1st wave of installer and support tool fixes and updates.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 10 November 12, 11:31   #93
Delta9

Hi guys! Great work!!
Thank you all for this great mod!!

It's an awesome mod but i would like to try P&G with 3 screens so i need some help please...

P&G with 1 screen - ok
P&G with 3 screen - CTD when i click continue.

some system specs:
Softth 2.08 / AMD HD6850 (latest drivers) / AMD X4 640 / 8gb ram

Also the main menu is weird as "#$% and i cant see the the other buttons (like the "Continue" - i have to choose windowed to be able to click them cause everything is streched)

Does anyone have this problem? and a solution is there any?
And yes i know Google is my friend but this time it didnt help

Thanks
Delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 November 12, 17:12   #94
dominiczeth

Hi guys! Great Mod, really! But i become CTDīs often It happens last time when i change from practice to quali - Debug Report from this Crash is attached.

My System: Win 7 Home Premium 64bit
i7 2600k
GTX 480
8GB Ram

.. any solutions? I donīt see a problem in this log.
Attached Files
File Type: txt trace.txt (36.4 KB, 9 views)
dominiczeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 November 12, 17:17   #95
aSa
One of The P&G guys

The trace is clean as much as I can tell.

I have been preparing some updates to my tools (including the Launcher), I'll contact you by PM and we'll discuss if you want to test drive them (may help with your CTD problem or not..).

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 16 November 12, 17:23   #96
dominiczeth

@aSa: That sounds pretty good, Thank you
dominiczeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 November 12, 01:01   #97
Delta9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta9 View Post
Hi guys! Great work!!
Thank you all for this great mod!!

It's an awesome mod but i would like to try P&G with 3 screens so i need some help please...

P&G with 1 screen - ok
P&G with 3 screen - CTD when i click continue.

some system specs:
Softth 2.08 / AMD HD6850 (latest drivers) / AMD X4 640 / 8gb ram

Also the main menu is weird as "#$% and i cant see the the other buttons (like the "Continue" - i have to choose windowed to be able to click them cause everything is streched)

Does anyone have this problem? and a solution is there any?
And yes i know Google is my friend but this time it didnt help

Thanks
No help for this? CTD after clicking continue? the "administrator" solution doesnt work for me...

Does anyone running softth as the same problem?
Delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 November 12, 04:45   #98
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta9 View Post
No help for this? CTD after clicking continue? the "administrator" solution doesnt work for me...

Does anyone running softth as the same problem?
Sorry if there was no reply, but noone in the team runs triple-screens AFAIK, it's beyond our scope.
FWIW, there were no reported errors during beta-testing for that, and I believe that, among the selected people for that, some would be running triple-screens (beta-testers were on an organized separated group).

From what I gather, there are people in these forums running triple-screens with no problems, both with GTR2 and P&G, including online where it has been the big problem with such setup (screen-res. must be reduced for it to work then).
Perhaps try opening a separate thread, if a search does not provide you any kind of suggestion or assistance.
Unread 20 November 12, 02:12   #99
jks

Default bink32.dll error

PnG3 worked well for about a week but now it started to cause a fault error in GTR2.exe related to the bink32.dll. I thought that bink32 had something to do with playing movie files. Anyone have a clue on this?
jks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 November 12, 02:59   #100
maseratialfa

Offline P&G runs fine with the highest possible resolution. I am running triple 27s using eyefinity for the ATI cards. The menu will be streched, but the Sim itself will run fine. Online I have only been able to use 2400x600 resolution without CTD, and higher crashes. Be sure to run GTR2 config as admin when changing settings, and of course the exe as admin. It also helps to keep the Sim installed out of program files, or program files x86 in Windows 7. I guess softth has something to do with your screen sizing. You could try ATI Catalyist and set up through eyefinity for your triplescreen set up.
maseratialfa is offline   Reply With Quote