NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2 > Power and Glory Mod

Unread 2 November 12, 19:53   #51
Andregee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucFreak View Post
I have quite some few add-on tracks in my installation and can still join public servers that run original tracks, just as good as the add-on ones weren't there (?).

Are you sure you didn't copy/paste the whole "Locations" folder from another GTR2 installation, and so missing the tweaks we added on the GTR2 original tracks? (the tweaks come as default in P&G v3)
...if not sure anymore, have a look at the .TXT and .ZIP files we left in the "...\[PNG]\GameData\Locations" folder, to revert things, just in case.
Ah ok copied the whole location folder and so i lost the tweaks.
But the thing is that the error also apears by using i new track for the dedicatied server, while i was trying to join this one by using the absolutly same track.

thank you
Andregee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 November 12, 20:41   #52
David Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andregee View Post
Ah ok copied the whole location folder and so i lost the tweaks.
But the thing is that the error also apears by using i new track for the dedicatied server, while i was trying to join this one by using the absolutly same track.

thank you
Venturing into online play here which is not my area of expertise, but the P&G mod includes a file to reduce the stickiness of gravel traps that affects all tracks. If you don't have this file you won't be able to join a P&G server with any track.
David Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 November 12, 20:55   #53
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMi Release Group View Post
Clean Install:

BMW CSL has a reversed tach texture.
One CTD while going from MP to Practice with Moffat Capri @ Catalunya

HOW DO I STOP THE WORLD TILTING WHEN I TURN THE WHEEL????
Ok, bit more info (screenshots possible?)

CSL reversed tach texture...
...do you mean mirrored? (which would be a bug we don't see in any CSL)
...or is it simply rotated? (it was used like that back then)

Unfortunately the MP is a bit unstable at times as we mentioned above (GTR2 heritage, not really fault of the mod).
DucFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 November 12, 21:13   #54
RMi Release Group
Realistic Modders inc.

(world tilt fixed)

my bad Duc, texture is only rotated
RMi Release Group is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 November 12, 22:10   #55
Andregee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
Venturing into online play here which is not my area of expertise, but the P&G mod includes a file to reduce the stickiness of gravel traps that affects all tracks. If you don't have this file you won't be able to join a P&G server with any track.
i friend of me opened a server of nordschleife mod, exactly the same track that i have copied into the location folder so i think it doesnt depents of the gravel trap file.
Andregee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 November 12, 22:55   #56
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andregee View Post
i friend of me opened a server of nordschleife mod, exactly the same track that i have copied into the location folder so i think it doesnt depents of the gravel trap file.
I suspect either of you guys copy/pasted the whole "Locations" folder from another GTR2 installation into the P&Gv3 one, which is really bad practice.

If you do that, not just you loose the nice theme LODs and tweaked files we put in the mod (causing mismatch, though you can revert those back, as explained before) but also the "specialfx.tec" that is customized specifically for P&G (there's no backup for that one) - hence almost garanteed to happen mismatches online.

Please try this file, extract it into your '[PNG]\GameData\Locations' folder, overwrite when prompted, then try again online.

If that doesn't work, I can only see reinstallation of the mod as solution(?). And if that's the case, when willing to use add-on tracks, add them separately, one by one. It will work.

Last edited by DucFreak; 2 November 12 at 23:28. Reason: added link for file
Unread 3 November 12, 12:21   #57
the brace
Uploader

Default Alpine lights

Hi

Another little thing. The Alpine lights (on the B chassis.GMT) don't work properly. Only noticed it because at night with a large grid I run AI cars on <HIGH> rather than <MAX> to give a bit more FPS.

By the way, while writing, I thought that back in the day all French cars (even race cars) ran yellow lights. David knows much more than me, so would welcome his comment.

Also, I've bought commercial software, not necessarily cheap either, with more (and more significant) bugs than P&G v3 so you guys really do need to congratulate yourselves.

Regards, Martin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alpine lights.jpg (47.4 KB, 84 views)
the brace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 November 12, 13:06   #58
David Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by the brace View Post
By the way, while writing, I thought that back in the day all French cars (even race cars) ran yellow lights. David knows much more than me, so would welcome his comment.
Interesting question. I've seen quite a few films of Le Mans in the 60s and early 70s and can't recall seeing any yellow lights.
Unread 3 November 12, 13:11   #59
Corgan

Strange banner. Lol. But I can live with that. Win7 64, AMD Phenom II x2 555 (black edition), 8gb RAM, Radeon Hd 5780.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GRAB_004.jpg (136.9 KB, 140 views)
Corgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 November 12, 13:54   #60
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Yes, there's never seen before graphics effects built in to the mod Those are under study.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
aSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 November 12, 14:41   #61
the brace
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the brace View Post

Another little thing. The Alpine lights (on the B chassis.GMT) don't work properly. Only noticed it because at night with a large grid I run AI cars on <HIGH> rather than <MAX> to give a bit more FPS.
Found it. There's a couple of stray bits of wc_team_windows_pl material in some of the cars' B models. Easily removed - happy now (well, I was very happy before, but even more so now).
Unread 3 November 12, 20:08   #62
Art-J

Do the mirrors work on all Minis properly? I've only tried works team 970 and 1270 ones so far and in both cases the mirror is black. ATI card, DX9 mode, mirror type set to "realistic" (or whatever it's called in the game settings).
Art-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 November 12, 20:23   #63
David Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-J View Post
Do the mirrors work on all Minis properly? I've only tried works team 970 and 1270 ones so far and in both cases the mirror is black. ATI card, DX9 mode, mirror type set to "realistic" (or whatever it's called in the game settings).
Have you tried the *1* key?
Unread 3 November 12, 20:46   #64
badhairday

Hope some one can help with my problem.
I use the BU0710 SLI and to get it to work in GTR2 i must edit the plr file to
Write Shared Memory="1".
In my P&G plr file i have edited this line but if i use the launcher the SLI will not work.If i use the standard GTR2 exe it works.
How does the launcher bypass the plr file in this way,and by using the standard exe to launch the game what features do i lose.

Cheers

Sean
badhairday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 05:12   #65
ropo

Not sure if I would call this a bug, maybe just an adjustment?

The Minis seem to have a bit too much body roll. Not sure if this was present in v2.1.
I've been driving Minis since the mid '70s, currently have a '66 and a '68. Both have dry suspensions and no sway-bars. Even driven hard they have little body roll. The in-game car handles like a Mini should but rounding a corner looks a little like a Citroen 2CV. No offense intended, only a visual description to estimate the degree of adjustment.
ropo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 06:21   #66
rickoshea100

Hi Guys.

Just gave the mod a go after a recent PC crash, & to pickup on Ropo's
comments regarding the mini's, i have tried a number of races at Monza &
All of the mini's flipped on the chicane in lap 1 causing them to DNF,
on lap 2, 4 of the Abarths go out, same place, then after that several
cortina's & alfa's flipped at curva de lesmo over the next few laps?
also most of the Mustangs blew their engines..
This happened several times resulting in a field of 30 starters,
ending up with only 14 finishers??
So, i tried the previous P&G, only 1 or 2 cars failed to complete the race??

I did a clean install & used the Player button to update the settings,
after the problems, i put my old plr file in, used the default tracks & default
specialfx.tec file, but the same thing keeps happening,
So, maybe it's a physics issue??

Even the "HistorX" mini's handle better atm
rickoshea100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 08:13   #67
deimand

Default Mustang Boss mirrors

First of all, great mod guys, I wonder if I ever get the time to try every car in there!

Second of all, I noticed while trying out the Mustang Boss that the reflection in the inside mirror seems stretched and in the outside mirrors it seems squashed. I tried three or four different Mustang Boss, they all have the same problem.

Cheers, herwop!

GRAB_000.jpg

P.S. Almost forgot: Win7Ultimate, 1680x1050, DX9, Geforce GTX 260, AA Level 4, Option #1 install, sky textures modified

Last edited by deimand; 4 November 12 at 08:21. Reason: Added system info
deimand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 08:14   #68
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhairday View Post
Write Shared Memory="1".
In my P&G plr file i have edited this line but if i use the launcher the SLI will not work.If i use the standard GTR2 exe it works.
How does the launcher bypass the plr file in this way,and by using the standard exe to launch the game what features do i lose.

Cheers

Sean
You didn't tell anything about your environment, so everything I say is just *guessing*. Strategic info would consist of your OS, UAC status (on/off), install path at least.

But it sounds like you might have your PnG under "C:\Program Files" in a Win7 type OS with UAC on and no "Run as Admin" (=meaning no elevated admin rights). THEN you should edit profiles from "%APPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files\PnG3\UserData\". Replace the PnG3 in the previous example with your actual game install folder name if it differs. With this environment the VirtualStore version of profiles WILL OVERRIDE the ones in their more accustomed path under your [PNG]\UserData folder.

Hope you get lucky with this easy solution/explanation

Launcher itself is not using any special tricks selecting player profiles (locations), because I'm not even sure if that would be possible. Maybe through editing CONFIG.INI, but never even tried that.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 4 November 12, 09:12   #69
David Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropo View Post
Not sure if I would call this a bug, maybe just an adjustment?

The Minis seem to have a bit too much body roll. Not sure if this was present in v2.1.
I've been driving Minis since the mid '70s, currently have a '66 and a '68. Both have dry suspensions and no sway-bars. Even driven hard they have little body roll. The in-game car handles like a Mini should but rounding a corner looks a little like a Citroen 2CV. No offense intended, only a visual description to estimate the degree of adjustment.
We will look into this but it is difficult to objectively assess roll from inside the cockpit. External shots are better. Racing Minis in this period did roll - see attached photos. We will check if its excessive with the current physics.

Edit: Always a good excuse to watch some period footage - 1964 racing at Crystal Palace. Shame we modelled our AI on the light blue-grey Mini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWp-...eature=related
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (32.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (29.7 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Image3.jpg (28.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Image4.jpg (26.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Image5.jpg (27.4 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by David Wright; 4 November 12 at 09:58.
Unread 4 November 12, 09:18   #70
David Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickoshea100 View Post
Hi Guys.

Just gave the mod a go after a recent PC crash, & to pickup on Ropo's
comments regarding the mini's, i have tried a number of races at Monza &
All of the mini's flipped on the chicane in lap 1 causing them to DNF,
on lap 2, 4 of the Abarths go out, same place, then after that several
cortina's & alfa's flipped at curva de lesmo over the next few laps?
also most of the Mustangs blew their engines..
This happened several times resulting in a field of 30 starters,
ending up with only 14 finishers??
So, i tried the previous P&G, only 1 or 2 cars failed to complete the race??

I did a clean install & used the Player button to update the settings,
after the problems, i put my old plr file in, used the default tracks & default
specialfx.tec file, but the same thing keeps happening,
So, maybe it's a physics issue??
What AI strength are you using? There is a known issue of the AI rolling over at AI strengths of above 100%. The way the AI physics works is the AI are given more grip as the strength increases. At a certain point they have more grip than the human player, and when the human player would slide, they keep gripping and topple over.

Edit: one last picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image6.jpg (29.2 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by David Wright; 4 November 12 at 09:43.
Unread 4 November 12, 09:23   #71
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deimand View Post
First of all, great mod guys, I wonder if I ever get the time to try every car in there!

Second of all, I noticed while trying out the Mustang Boss that the reflection in the inside mirror seems stretched and in the outside mirrors it seems squashed. I tried three or four different Mustang Boss, they all have the same problem.

Cheers, herwop!
Ok, we'll look into it, but... woooa.... sort those gauges mate, they're all effed up!
Unread 4 November 12, 09:59   #72
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Duc, it's a shot from a replay.. no working gauges there, remember.. I also noticed the gauges like you but then noticed that's from a replay...

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 4 November 12, 10:22   #73
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSa View Post
Duc, it's a shot from a replay.. no working gauges there, remember.. I also noticed the gauges like you but then noticed that's from a replay...

cheers.. aSa C[_]
No Ari, that's not our stuff. It's pretty noticeable that those are not the combo of Stewart Warner gauges and Jones tachometer (with telltale) that the cars usually had, and that we did place on them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_04-11-2012-10.26.01.jpg (136.8 KB, 92 views)
Unread 4 November 12, 10:24   #74
NIGE
Uploader

Default Possible bug with Lotus 7.

Thanks for a brilliant mod guys.

This may not be a bug; it may be that I don't fully understand something or I'm just being thick, or have corrupt download etc. etc!

Anyway here goes.....
If I select Class Lotus 7 Club, then I get a choice of 11 cars on screen and in the showroom.
If I select Class PnG Mixed (to include the Lotus 7) then I only see 2 cars, on the car screen and in the showroom. One is car 66, and one is car 14 (which is displayed as a car 18). Is this correct?

Incidentally I have applied the .plr patch by hitting the green player button but still no visible front wheels. Is this a clue to the other problem?

New fresh install GTR2 on Windows XP. PnG Install Option 2. No extra mods added except map plugin by fazerbox, and no extra skins.

Thanks in advance,

nige
NIGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 10:26   #75
aSa
One of The P&G guys

aah.. so that is what the smiley represented in your post. I was kinda afraid of this..

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 4 November 12, 10:37   #76
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGE View Post

This may not be a bug; it may be that I don't fully understand something or I'm just being thick, or have corrupt download etc. etc!

Anyway here goes.....
If I select Class Lotus 7 Club, then I get a choice of 11 cars on screen and in the showroom.
If I select Class PnG Mixed (to include the Lotus 7) then I only see 2 cars, on the car screen and in the showroom. One is car 66, and one is car 14 (which is displayed as a car 18). Is this correct?

Incidentally I have applied the .plr patch by hitting the green player button but still no visible front wheels. Is this a clue to the other problem?

New fresh install GTR2 on Windows XP. PnG Install Option 2. No extra mods added except map plugin by fazerbox, and no extra skins.

Thanks in advance,

nige
AFAIK, there are only two cars that have been connected to real drivers (#62014 and #62066), the ones that show up in 60's Gr.3 U2L.

The others you see in the dedicated Lotus 7 class are mainly fictional with some GTLW team members assigned to them (I'm driving #62024 Yeehaw!), although I believe the liveries are based on real ones. We added #62066 in that dedicated class because it's the same style as the others (no spare wheel, racing liverie, etc).

Regarding the Lotus 7 wheels not showing after applying the patch... that is pretty strange. It actually means the patch is not being applied (??).
Unread 4 November 12, 10:45   #77
badhairday

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhairday
Write Shared Memory="1".

Cheers

Sean

You didn't tell anything about your environment, so everything I say is just *guessing*. Strategic info would consist of your OS, UAC status (on/off), install path at least.

But it sounds like you might have your PnG under "C:\Program Files" in a Win7 type OS with UAC on and no "Run as Admin" (=meaning no elevated admin rights). THEN you should edit profiles from "%APPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files\PnG3\UserData\". Replace the PnG3 in the previous example with your actual game install folder name if it differs. With this environment the VirtualStore version of profiles WILL OVERRIDE the ones in their more accustomed path under your [PNG]\UserData folder.

Hope you get lucky with this easy solution/explanation

Launcher itself is not using any special tricks selecting player profiles (locations), because I'm not even sure if that would be possible. Maybe through editing CONFIG.INI, but never even tried that.

cheers.. aSa C[_]

Sorry for the vagueness in my original post.
I run Win xp sp3.
My P&G install is on a D: drive along with 2 other installs of gtr2.The SLI works fine on the other 2 so i copied the player file from 1 to P&G and still no luck.If i start P&G with the GT2exe the SLI works its just if i use the Launcher it does not work.

Sean
badhairday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 10:46   #78
NIGE
Uploader

Thanks for explaining. I'll look into the patch/wheel problem further... (FFB is definitely different to that before patch) which indicates patch is applied.
I'll let you know my findings.
Thanks for quick reply... and again thanks for a brilliant mod....

nige
Unread 4 November 12, 11:06   #79
the brace
Uploader

Quote:

Anyway here goes.....

Thanks in advance,

nige
Hi Nige

The 62066 car has classes "GTU2, lts_7_S1, lts_7cl" in the *.CAR files. The 62014 car has "GTU2, lts_7_S1", while all the others have just "lts_7cl". So the two cars you mention are being selected in the "60's FIA Gr.3 Grand Touring Cars" class in (the mixed) game "Power & Glory" by their "GTU2" entry, and in the "60's FIA Gr.3 - Grand Touring Cars U2L" class in game "60's FIA Gr.3 Grand Touring Cars" by "lts_7_S1" and the absence of "lts_7cl" means 62014 is absent from the Class Lotus 7 Club game.

I suggest you need "GTU2, lts_7_S1, lts_7cl" in all the cars.

Hope this helps.

Martin

PS just seen Ducfreak's reply - so it was intentional. Still reckon you need "lts_7cl" in the 62014 car though
Unread 4 November 12, 11:14   #80
NIGE
Uploader

Martin
Thanks. I've just started to look at the .car files, and have just sussed what you have said.

That's that sorted then..........

nige
Unread 4 November 12, 11:34   #81
Art-J

Quote:
Have you tried the *1* key?
Mirror problem fixed, and it wasn't the question of "1" key . I forgot I previously edited my .plr to show all chassis elements when looking back from the cockpit (I don't like when back of my car becomes "invisible" after pressing both look left/right buttons) - it seems that 3D model of Mini cockpit doesn't work well with this option turned on, because all I can see then behind me is a piece of black "plate" - and that's exactly what blocked the view in the rear view mirror. Most of the other car 3D models do not seem to be affected by this issue, but just in case I reverted back to default .plr view settings. Oh well, I can live with these - at least Mini mirrors work allright now!
Art-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 11:42   #82
zyranyth

Problem with AI control during start of time trial - only tried it on Magny cours club so far, but the car seems to start in the air, and the AI promptly proceeds to driving you onto the grass before you get control of the car.
zyranyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 11:47   #83
NIGE
Uploader

@ DucFreak.

Sorry I've confused the issue about the wheeels not showing.
They appear in cockpit view, but....I have Button 7 on my G27 set up for "driving view" (I think this was originally L Shift). If I hit this button the view changes between 4 views:
cockpit, above car, bumper and outside.

The wheels do not show up in the second view (the one after "cockpit")

However.... By default, the "Home" key on my keyboard cycles through many views and the wheels show in all of these.

Sorry for confusion, hope you can see which view I mean.

nige
Unread 4 November 12, 12:21   #84
DucFreak

Quote:
@ DucFreak.

Sorry I've confused the issue about the wheeels not showing.
They appear in cockpit view, but....I have Button 7 on my G27 set up for "driving view" (I think this was originally L Shift). If I hit this button the view changes between 4 views:
cockpit, above car, bumper and outside.

The wheels do not show up in the second view (the one after "cockpit")

However.... By default, the "Home" key on my keyboard cycles through many views and the wheels show in all of these.

Sorry for confusion, hope you can see which view I mean.

nige
You are right, the wheels of Lotus 7 are not showing in bumper/hood view.
*adds bug to the list*
Unread 4 November 12, 12:25   #85
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyranyth View Post
Problem with AI control during start of time trial - only tried it on Magny cours club so far, but the car seems to start in the air, and the AI promptly proceeds to driving you onto the grass before you get control of the car.
Might have something to do with AIW file too. From there you're able to define the starting points for the "Skipped Outlap".

But do you realize that when you use the option "Skip Outlap" with TimeTrials, you can't change tyre pressures? They will be *hard coded* to 200 kPa which is way too little for some of the oldies. (the tyre pressure change will not actually change them!)

I have a tool to change that hard coded pressure but that is highly experimental program..

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 4 November 12, 12:44   #86
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyranyth View Post
You're correct. It was a straight conversion from GTL so some issues are occuring with the AIW.

Noted on bug list (solution already prepared btw).
Unread 4 November 12, 13:09   #87
zyranyth

Good to hear. And great work, guys! You can imagine how happy I was to hear about the v3 release, as I had just dug up my copy of GTL a few weeks ago.
zyranyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 13:13   #88
KittX
Baddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deimand View Post

Cheers, herwop!

Attachment 33125

P.S. Almost forgot: Win7Ultimate, 1680x1050, DX9, Geforce GTX 260, AA Level 4, Option #1 install, sky textures modified
sorry for offtopic, but where is that Barcelona from?
KittX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 13:18   #89
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittX View Post
sorry for offtopic, but where is that Barcelona from?
Sorry but no off-topic here (not even slightly related to the mod).
Please send a PM to the user if you want to know more about the Barcelona track in his screenshot (I think it's original GTR2).
Unread 4 November 12, 16:44   #90
deimand

Default Mustang gauges

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucFreak View Post
No Ari, that's not our stuff. It's pretty noticeable that those are not the combo of Stewart Warner gauges and Jones tachometer (with telltale) that the cars usually had, and that we did place on them.
DucFreak, the gauges are fine when racing, just in the replay they're messed up. And yes, that is the original GTR2 Barcelona National circuit, yesterday on the GC P&G V3 Public server. Always good fun there!
deimand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 November 12, 19:41   #91
TangoUK

i have an intermittent problem with the 427 cobra,sometimes when i start the game and choose a race with just that one type of car,i get a 3d model with the body missing,just a chassis shell and wheels,dont know if anyone has this also but sometimes it works ok,like they might be a typo in the LOD file.
Tango
EDIT-just started a race weekend,left my pit stall and the car was transparent,as i joined the circuit it became as it should,looks like it was a ghost car that was loaded,if that helps.

Last edited by TangoUK; 4 November 12 at 20:02.
TangoUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 November 12, 22:49   #92
IbnSolmyr

Default AI performances : Qualif<->Race

Don't think it should really be called a "bug", but I noticed a huge difference between [training and/or qualif] and [Race] laptimes, I believe it's a bigger difference than it was in 2.1
For instance, Lotus Seven MkI (in a whole 7 race) @ Barcelona : under 2'15 sec and then up to 2'24 in a 10 laps race, so with just a few more liters of fuel..

And, by the way, with a far better AI first few laps gestion, thanks for that.

Did all the drivers drink a lot the saturday night, to enjoy their nice qualif session ?

PS : I read somewhere that the AI benefits of better grip from a certain skill setting... Please, from how many percents it gets this grip bonus ? 100 % ? More ? Less ?...
And could you explain us how the new system is matching with previous range of [100%<->120%] ?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
IbnSolmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 November 12, 19:31   #93
David Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbnSolmyr View Post
Don't think it should really be called a "bug", but I noticed a huge difference between [training and/or qualif] and [Race] laptimes, I believe it's a bigger difference than it was in 2.1
For instance, Lotus Seven MkI (in a whole 7 race) @ Barcelona : under 2'15 sec and then up to 2'24 in a 10 laps race, so with just a few more liters of fuel..
Just ran a 12 lap race a Barcelona at 100% AI strength. Pole was 2:13.3. Fastest race lap was 2:14.7. Pretty much in-line with what I'd expect from GTR2 or GTL.
Unread 6 November 12, 23:23   #94
IbnSolmyr

Quote:
Just ran a 12 lap race a Barcelona at 100% AI strength. Pole was 2:13.3. Fastest race lap was 2:14.7. Pretty much in-line with what I'd expect from GTR2 or GTL.
This is weird : I just tried something similar (100% and then 120%), and you're right, the things seem to be normal... Tough I didn't dream, there was a large difference at this moment, and there wasn't any wet on the horizon. I perfectly remember that I was last on the grid with a 2'16 that I had tried rather hard for, and then in the race, I was able to easily overtake everybody - about 20 opponents - in just a few laps...
Unread 7 November 12, 03:34   #95
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbnSolmyr View Post
This is weird : I just tried something similar (100% and then 120%), and you're right, the things seem to be normal... Tough I didn't dream, there was a large difference at this moment, and there wasn't any wet on the horizon. I perfectly remember that I was last on the grid with a 2'16 that I had tried rather hard for, and then in the race, I was able to easily overtake everybody - about 20 opponents - in just a few laps...
If you don't let the qualifying session end normally (or with time acceleration) I noticed pole times are usually weird.

Last edited by Swordsman; 7 November 12 at 03:34. Reason: typo
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 November 12, 15:04   #96
IbnSolmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
If you don't let the qualifying session end normally (or with time acceleration) I noticed pole times are usually weird.
Yes, I know it, they always are alien laptimes in such a case. But in this case, the qualif times are ok, it's the race times that were anormally bad.
Unread 9 November 12, 15:46   #97
huffad hemi

When using the launcher and jumping straight on to the track everything works ok, but:

- the game will freeze in the garage menu after a random number of mouse clicks. I can move the mouse but there is no response. Sometimes ctrl-alt-delete works and sometimes I must restart the pc.
- if I play P&G and exit normally the computer MUST be restarted before I start P&G again or the cars will violently spin back and forth, both in the menus and on track.
- if I watch a video in my browser before starting the game, the computer MUST be restarted or the cars will violently spin back and forth, both in the menus and on the track.

When starting the game with the GTR2.exe:

- everything is smooth sailing.

Have tested on standard and add-on tracks. Barcelona, Donington 2003, Crystal Palace, Machwerk, 70's Nordschleife.

Specs: XP32bit, AMD 4600+, Nvidia 7600 GT (tested several drivers), DX 9, 3 gig memory.
huffad hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 November 12, 16:53   #98
aSa
One of The P&G guys

Allright, sounds bad. I'm sorry for the bad experience. When I'm ready with updated support tools (including Launcher), I might ask if you're willing to beta test a newer Launcher with some added options. I'm thinking of something that *might* have something to do with this behaviour. If not then it's really weird.

Thank you for thorough testing.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
Unread 9 November 12, 20:22   #99
huffad hemi

Yeah, I want my money back! ....err, wait...

As long as it works from the GTR2.exe I'm a happy camper. I'll be happy to betatest if necessary.
huffad hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 November 12, 23:03   #100
JoeP1
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffad hemi View Post
When using the launcher and jumping straight on to the track everything works ok, but:

- the game will freeze in the garage menu after a random number of mouse clicks. I can move the mouse but there is no response. Sometimes ctrl-alt-delete works and sometimes I must restart the pc.
- if I play P&G and exit normally the computer MUST be restarted before I start P&G again or the cars will violently spin back and forth, both in the menus and on track.
- if I watch a video in my browser before starting the game, the computer MUST be restarted or the cars will violently spin back and forth, both in the menus and on the track.

When starting the game with the GTR2.exe:

- everything is smooth sailing.

Have tested on standard and add-on tracks. Barcelona, Donington 2003, Crystal Palace, Machwerk, 70's Nordschleife.

Specs: XP32bit, AMD 4600+, Nvidia 7600 GT (tested several drivers), DX 9, 3 gig memory.
Thanks for that tip! I was getting CTDs from random track installs, and this seems to have solved that. So far tracks that were giving meproblems are now working.
JoeP1 is offline   Reply With Quote