NoGripRacing.com
Unread 10 June 16, 01:32   #1
james02s40

Default PnG

Like the concept but overly complicated for a DLC. Why cant it be just like all the other dlc's for this game? Why so complicated? It has crashed my game so many times I was furious that anyone would set this thing up this way. I have paid for gtr2 already! I have tried to start this game up several times now and grown tired of re-installing my gtr2. Does anyone have files for downloading for this mod?
james02s40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 June 16, 04:37   #2
jgf

Just tell the installer to create a new install for P&G, it will then copy the necessary GTR2 files to a new folder and install itself there. Works every time for me.
jgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 June 16, 05:18   #3
pistoncup
Uploader

2 or 3 mouse clicks is so complicated .

use option #1
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=301357

Last edited by pistoncup; 10 June 16 at 05:32.
pistoncup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 June 16, 05:28   #4
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by james02s40 View Post
Like the concept but overly complicated for a DLC. Why cant it be just like all the other dlc's for this game? Why so complicated? It has crashed my game so many times I was furious that anyone would set this thing up this way. I have paid for gtr2 already! I have tried to start this game up several times now and grown tired of re-installing my gtr2. Does anyone have files for downloading for this mod?
James.

1. Do a fresh install of GTR2 to a different location, do your settings and controller

2. Do a backup of the folder, winrar, Iso or a plain old archive.

3. Use that to copy paste anywhere and install and test any "bigger" mods
before you commit to your main install.

I can assure there is no GTR mod I know of that crashes a fresh backed up install.
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 June 16, 11:03   #5
David Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by james02s40 View Post
We appreciate that an install that doesn't work is very frustrating, and the fact that it works fine for more than 99% of users isn't much help to you.

The installer is designed to be simple. Of course what it does isn't simple. The reason P&G isn't like other GTR2 mods is that P&G is intended to be like a standalone game, including its own User Interface which wouldn't be appropriate for the original game. P&G has many more cars than GTL or GTR2.

It is not clear from your description what has gone wrong. Could you clarify your problem?

As a first time user of the mod I assume you opted for the full install rather than the v3.1 to 3.2 update?

From your description it seems like the install was completed? Is that correct?

Which install option did you choose? For most people who want to be able to run both GTR2 and P&G, Option 1 is best. It should leave your original GTR2 install intact and you shouldn't have to install it again.
David Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 June 16, 18:41   #6
GregTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
As a first time user of the mod I assume you opted for the full install rather than the v3.1 to 3.2 update?
That was the mistake I made the first time I tried to install P&G. For some reason I didn't download PnGv3.2_installer.exe but I downloaded PnGv3.2.001, PnGv3.2.002, and PnGv3.2.003. I tried installing P&G with PnGv3.2_Updater.exe. That installed part of the mod but none of the cars. Once I had time for a 2nd try with the correct file, everything went fine.

The only thing I don't like about installing P&G in a separate copy of GTR2 is the extra GTR2 data's size. I partitioned my C: drive for GPL and it's mods. Unfortunately I didn't make it large enough for another sim with mods.

One day, I'll repartition my online computer's hard drive so I can install GPL and GTR2.

Thanks for P&G guys.
GregTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 June 16, 00:33   #7
pistoncup
Uploader

Try another way to skin the cat. Set GTR2 and PnG up on a thumb drive or external drive.
pistoncup is offline   Reply With Quote