NoGripRacing.com
Unread 18 September 17, 13:23   #1
snookey

Angry Singa Poor Start

Yesterday i was at Betteys Bar watching the Singapore Grand Prix. There was a wild start with Vettel going into turn one and 2nd place Verstapen, Then Raikkonen in the 2nd Ferrari on the inside ran out of room and went into Vettel.
I am not shore if Vettel saw him coming up. The Mirrors on the cars are small due to not harming Aerodynamics.

There was Rain just before the start so there could of been issues of the grid and there may have been puddles in turn one, on the outside. Forcing cars to the inside. (If it was a day race you could tell)
Maybe the safety car should of ran some laps to dry the racing line and help wear into the wet tires. The slicks are usually run in practice and qualifying and worn in, making skuffs that are better in the race.

The shocker was that the ex driver did not make a call on one of the 3 drivers involved. This was a little more than a racing incident.

I think Kimi was trying to put his car into a tight space. Passably trying to lead out of the turn and got boxed in.

Maybe someone should have asked Jeff Gordon in the pit's This stuff happens all the time in NASCAR
snookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 September 17, 14:57   #2
CY-33
team21 file clerk

The most unpleasant thing about the incident is, that it takes the last bit of excitement out of an already boring sport. Vettel had a chance to make it a bit difficult for Mercedes to just walk through the season and become champion, as they did the last years. Losing points on days like this makes more and more easy for the already superior Mercedes to take the title.
I am so glad I didn't watch the race yesterday. What a waste of time, instead I had a great Sunday.
CY-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 September 17, 16:41   #3
wombat6969

Here's a thought........how about the winning 'Champion' gets to drive his next season for Sauber?
wombat6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 September 17, 20:20   #4
CY-33
team21 file clerk

Nah, to make it exciting: the champion gets the P20 (how many cars are there again?) car, the P20 driver gets the champion's car and then all the way round: P2 gets P19, P3 - P18...
Unread 19 September 17, 22:01   #5
Pete Conway

Nah, to make it exciting you nee... Nah, it's gone too far and the common sense straps have been broken by big Manufacturers, once the investing parties are involved in the rule making process it's all over as far as excitement is concerned!

I've thought about Manual gearboxes and foot operated clutch returns, about V8-V12 that sound like screaming banshee's, even thought about reducing downforce levels to allow 'Clean air' behind the car,
but you cant fight progress and too many people that really have no interest will join with one mouth and complain that they're not fast enough and hoovers go faster... and they should be eco friendly, (though it's ok to fly the whole shebang a hundred thousand miles because they're powered by baby fox tears and kind electricity)

I've said it before (I don't know where) but the faster you go the less time there is to overtake, and the faster you corner the shorter the straight.

There's only one way to go and it's Gladiatorless...

The future is here and the future is bright
Pete Conway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 September 17, 15:47   #6
carham
Premium Member

"Singa-poor" is an interesting place to visit, and a dumb place to race.

Last edited by carham; 20 September 17 at 16:03.
carham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 September 17, 19:25   #7
snookey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat6969 View Post
Here's a thought........how about the winning 'Champion' gets to drive his next season for Sauber?
Max Mosley had a idea about having each driver rotate trough a bunch of teams and then they drive the best and worst chassis in the same season. Problem is drivers are contracted to sponsors and car and engine manufacturers that make it hard to do.
Unread 21 September 17, 19:32   #8
snookey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CY-33 View Post
Nah, to make it exciting: the champion gets the P20 (how many cars are there again?) car, the P20 driver gets the champion's car and then all the way round: P2 gets P19, P3 - P18...
It would not work because the fastest driver will be at the back. And a bigger accident will happen. Unless they get waved trough by a driver smart enough to know they cant beat them. Touring cars do a reverse for the front 7 but then there are weight penalty's, 7th (past winner) getting the most and 1st (last 7th place finisher) getting the least. Not shore how extra weight would work on a light F1 chassis.
Unread 21 September 17, 19:35   #9
CY-33
team21 file clerk

Right, what I said: exciting!
Unread 21 September 17, 19:45   #10
snookey

Quote:
Originally Posted by carham View Post
"Singa-poor" is an interesting place to visit, and a dumb place to race.
Lets face it the best tracks are in Europe and Broke. Needing vast repair to get to the elevated standards we need from a modern track.
The biggest joke on the Calendar is Monaco. It has money and looks pretty but tough to Race due to constant need to pull out the pace car. To eat up more race laps from a short 200 mile distance. So you race 100 miles.
But street circuits are cheap to run and don't need year round maintenance. And are not in the middle of nowhere where you are forced to use a tent or camper van. The modern F1 fan wants the luxury of a hotel and something closer to home.
Unread 21 September 17, 19:52   #11
snookey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CY-33 View Post
Right, what I said: exciting!
I am shore Lewis was Happy. Winning a race at a track that has been hard on his Longer wheel base chassis. And having his rival eliminated early. Big Paints hall for anyone in the top 10.
Vettel and Vestapen where the fastest. But speed dose not always win the day.
Unread 21 September 17, 20:15   #12
Ethillas

Ethillas is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 September 17, 22:44   #13
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookey View Post
I think Kimi was trying to put his car into a tight space. Passably trying to lead out of the turn and got boxed in.
Personally I think Kimi simply forgot how wide the rears are and clipped Max's front

The only way Max and Kimi could collide is if they drove towards each other

Seb had nothing to do that and I have seen drivers all the time shut the door that hard.

Seb contributed to it for sure but it was Max's and Kimi's interaction started the whole shebang
DurgeDriven is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 September 17, 13:05   #14
snookey

Kimi was on the inside and there was no room. He ran across the painted Vertex. witch is off the track limits. There was no room so he had to block or he would be pushed to the edge and into the wall
Unread 28 September 17, 21:07   #15
snookey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat6969 View Post
That will eliminate the incentive to win