NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor

Old 24 November 07, 04:33   #1
N2LO

Default 1255 AIW Editor includes wet line

I was just downloading the new 1255 rFactor AIW editor and noticed in now includes a option to record a wet line for the AI to race. This will make it much easier to now program rain lines for the ai to race in GTR2 tracks. It also now includes a cam editor options but I still can't figure it out.
Top link on the page http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=devcorner
N2LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 07, 14:15   #2
Wee Scot

N2LO, THANKS! I didn't know they'd updated this editor. Have you tested it enough yet to be confident that it's bug free? I'm still leary of updating to 1.255 until I'm sure the AIW Editor will work with my Bob's Track Builder circuits. Is it the same clunky user interface, or have they improved that, as well?
Wee Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 07, 19:31   #3
N2LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee Scot View Post
N2LO, THANKS! I didn't know they'd updated this editor. Have you tested it enough yet to be confident that it's bug free? I'm still leary of updating to 1.255 until I'm sure the AIW Editor will work with my Bob's Track Builder circuits. Is it the same clunky user interface, or have they improved that, as well?
The interface is a little different. It will not remember window size the first time you click onto any options. The window of options is too small and needs to be bigger. You can click and drag the window bigger, but it just goes back to original size the first time you click onto anything.
It does program the wet line, but it will not show you the wet line. I have only tried it out testing, I have not actually done a new AIW yet to be sure. I backed up my license folder and I can go back to the 1150 version any time I have to as I would not of made the jump to 1255 otherwise.
I really want to learn to use the camera editor as that seems fully implemented into the AIW editor now.
IF you need help learning how to backup the license folder so you can make the switch from 1150 or 1250 back to 1255 and so forth let me know, it is really easy.
Old 25 November 07, 06:21   #4
N2LO

I have been using the new Editor today on a track I have been working on.
The Editor now has short cut buttons for the differeent options and the problem is that is uses the number keys for the short cuts wich is also the default keys for adjusting the swingman camera. I have many times hit a number key out of habit to adjust my camera view and instead started recording a new fast line or deleted all my waypoints.
The normalize curve feature seems to be much improved. Much better job and also the adjust corridor feature now works much much quicker. before it would take minutes to adjust a corridor if it was way out of wack, now all it takes is about 2 seconds. This is a big plus to me as I usuallly adjust alot of corridors individually. This will save me a hour or 2 on some of the bigger tracks and city tracks.
Over all I think it is a big improvement, just wish I could disable the short cut keys and get the window size to remember where I have it set.
Just my observations
Old 1 December 07, 23:00   #5
N2LO

I just found that in the unsupported options menu is a option to turn off the short cut keys, no more accidentally deleting all waypoints and other bad stuf, LOL
Also I just realised the recaculate the groove option seems to be broken. I could not get it to work on the track I am working on and thought it may be something wrong with my AIW file, but I went back to the 1150 editor and the recaculate groove option worked perfectly.

{EDIT}
Upon further testing, the recaculate groove feature does work in th 1255 version of the AIW editor. For some reason though, the racing groove just doens't show in the editor program but does program it in. Now I see no reason to keep version 1150 of the editor anymore or for that matter no reason to not upgrade to the 1255 version of rFactor unless it causes anyone particular problems on their install as I now have it upgraded on 3 of my PC's with no problems now.
Old 11 December 07, 02:26   #6
carham

Does the AWI editor come with the rFactor game, or would I obtain it separately?
Thanks,
carham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 07, 03:30   #7
Blackout

separate download.... it is a new exe that you just add to your rFactor folder, then i create a shortcut to my desktop... but sometimes i start the wrng version when opening the game...
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 07, 22:16   #8
N2LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by carham View Post
Does the AWI editor come with the rFactor game, or would I obtain it separately?
Thanks,
If you reread my very first post at the top of this page, their is a link to the AIW editor program.
Old 16 December 07, 05:10   #9
carham

Thanks. Sorry for not seeing your link reference the first time!
carham is offline   Reply With Quote