NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > Leagues > Aussie P&G League

Old 13 March 10, 10:16   #1
trotty88

Default Tech Advice (HELP)

I recently did a complete format, and reinstalled GTR2/PnG, I copied over my Gamedata and user data folders to the new install, and all seemed to work fine for a few days. Then PnG would not start, and I would get "a problem occurred" message on startup. So I uninstalled the lot last weekend and did a fresh install, all seemed to work fine, and then tonight the same error message again. I was only doing some laps last night, so it seems like a week or so after the new install it stops working.

Any ideas??
trotty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 10, 20:27   #2
hardjack79
Richard Jackett

I wouldn't drop the gamedata folder in, as that is where 90% of the game settings/addons live, its where 90% of the problems are going to come from... in other words, no point doing a clean install just to overwrite it with old files. I'd also recommend making a brand new plr file, etc, because if there is anything in there that expects some file/car/track to be present which is no longer there, then everything comes crunching to a halt. Might be a pain to edit it all over again, but probably worth it.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say there is a nasty track or car that its trying to load/set-as-default at start up (the last one used, or something like that) that doesn't want to load. A barebones install is your best bet for this type of problem I think.

I've seen a similar thing when I copied an old plr file into a new install, and I think it was trying to load that plr, finding that whatever default car/track wasn't on the current install and freaking out. It loaded that profile okay within the game (I think), but on restarting it would go crazy.

Finally, set the game to run with error logging... I can't remember what the command line argument is, but I'm sure someone will. That will hopefully tell you what file it was trying to load when it bombed.

Good luck mate, hoping to see you on track tomorrow (today your time).
hardjack79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 10, 20:50   #3
trotty88

Thanks Rich, I was thinking along the same lines, but your explanation makes a lot more sense than what I came up with.
I'll get onto it now, and be on track one way or another come tonight.
trotty88 is offline   Reply With Quote