If your using a pc, its best to use a pci card....
• 802.11g industry standard.
• Uses popular 2.4GHz frequency band.
• Up to 108Mbps network data transfer rate, 10 times faster than 802.11b.
• Strong 64/128-bit WEP data encryption security.
• Compatible with existing 802.11b, 802.11b+ wireless devices.
• Advanced security with WPA, 802.1x authentication, TKIP and Pre-Shared Key function support.
• Powerful integrated antenna provides 100-meter indoors, 400- meter operation range.
• Easy configuration, plug-and-play installation.
Dlink enable you to remove the arial and replace it with a stronger one, for example...
• Complies to IEEE 802.11b/g
• 2.4GHz standard
• 5dBi peak gain
• Expands wireless operation
• Range to 360 degrees coverage
• Antenna angle can be adjusted for best signal transmission/ reception
• RP-SMA plug connector
• RP-SMA to RP-TNC adapter provided
• Easy installation
I used Dlink for pci wireless connection with this arial, an never had a drop signal once...
As far as usb dongles go, I have had friends use them, only to see them throw them across the room due to them been crap.