NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Slightly Mad Studios > SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Old 27 May 11, 19:22   #1
DrugsDen

Default Odd player

Just been racing Leorinci44-Doert and he has smoke coming out the back of hes car all the time so much so that when behind him you can not see anything had this with him for 3 races in a row allways after the 2nd turn and only when he is in 1st place??

Anyone else seen this at all?
DrugsDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 11, 19:55   #2
Sintek

Sounds like modified game files. Instead of working on MP collision physics, they should put in a system that verifies game files. It's way too easy to cheat, which is why most people just do private races with people they know now.
Sintek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 11, 20:15   #3
btfgator

i would sure appreciate some form of file hash check/anti-cheat in place also.
btfgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 11, 21:11   #4
avioni

i second the motion.
avioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 11, 21:20   #5
hIdd3N
Banned

you didn't make screenshots did you? were you host or was he?
hIdd3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 11, 21:27   #6
ii airwave ii

I have played against this guy I haven't seen any smoke as you described (he was using a bugatti veyron) but he is suspiciously quick
ii airwave ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 11, 22:04   #7
DrugsDen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hIdd3N View Post
@DrugsDen i've read your posts history and i came to the conclusion not do believe you untill you deliver evidence.
I dont lie son i tell it how it is!
Old 27 May 11, 22:07   #8
DrugsDen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ii airwave ii View Post
I have played against this guy I haven't seen any smoke as you described (he was using a bugatti veyron) but he is suspiciously quick
Seen 3 or 4 tonight with the same at the end of there name no smoke this time but way to fast in the same car and i dont mean just lap time looks like more grip and more top speed to me.Can we save replays online?
Old 27 May 11, 22:42   #9
Mikal

so anyone who is fast is suspicious drugs? please clarify because that is basically what your saying....well thats how it comes across.
Mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 11, 23:17   #10
btfgator

i have seen the smoke out of cars before, and it is heavy, and does stay for the whole race. i kept expecting them to blow up, didn't want to follow close in their race line. i did not associate it with undue speed.

i also do not think DrugsDen is flat out calling him a cheat, but merely asking questions trying to come to terms with observations he has no answers for.

i won't make any assumptions about his words, only take them at face value, the same i will do with all the rest of you. He did not make a direct accusation, so it seems a bit rude to me to start throwing personal insults.
Old 28 May 11, 00:24   #11
Aurvan

I saw a player that was level 24 online today...
Aurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 11, 00:32   #12
hIdd3N
Banned

lvl 20+ players come from this forum... it's a mod
hIdd3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 11, 01:15   #13
Mikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by btfgator View Post
i have seen the smoke out of cars before, and it is heavy, and does stay for the whole race. i kept expecting them to blow up, didn't want to follow close in their race line. i did not associate it with undue speed.

i also do not think DrugsDen is flat out calling him a cheat, but merely asking questions trying to come to terms with observations he has no answers for.

i won't make any assumptions about his words, only take them at face value, the same i will do with all the rest of you. He did not make a direct accusation, so it seems a bit rude to me to start throwing personal insults.
wasnt an insult, was merely an observation.
Old 28 May 11, 11:17   #14
DrugsDen

Quote:
Originally Posted by btfgator View Post

yes cheers
im not calling anyone a cheat at all im just saying thats what iv seen and has anyone else seen it
Old 28 May 11, 16:02   #15
Zalew

Well, i met once a guy named ENVIDA who had the same 'problem' with his game. Basically his audi was way faster than anything from class C (we were racing mixed C class cars).

Heres the story: Road America, after first 2 corners i managed to get on first position and was quite safe, when suddenly got overtaken by him with huuge speed advantage (i was already doing 220 km/h with stock 911 GT3) and smoke coming out of his tyres.

luckily i got a screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ENVIDA.jpg (138.3 KB, 190 views)
Zalew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 11, 17:10   #16
Mikal

The audi has always been fast, dv8 owned my rear many times with his upgrades and tuning, I then done a tune for mine with same upgrades and it was insanely fast, took top speedwall with it after that by a huge gap, I cant explain the smoke maybe just a visual mod? but just because there fast doesnt mean much the audi is one of the fastest if tuned right, I learned that lesson the hard way.

And to add your running a stock gt3, you cant expect to compete with a tuned audi with a stock setup sorry.
Old 28 May 11, 18:02   #17
Zalew

I do agree tuned R8 is faster than stock 911, I just dont think its possible to get it that powerful in legitimate way. Also he wasnt the only one who had that constant smoke problem, I saw another guy once in identical car lobby, where he also took outstanding lap times no matter what car was set.
Zalew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 11, 18:37   #18
redi
Superator

Location: On a thin crust covering a huge ball of hot molten stone whizzing through space

Can you watch online replays? That usually reveals pretty quickly when people are cheating because usually cheaters can't drive properly.
redi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 11, 18:43   #19
btfgator

Sadly, there is no option for saving replays for online races. It is a shame, because that is a great learning tool in other games. i enjoy them just for the viewing pleasure also. But alas, it is a nogo in SHIFT2, singleplayer only.
Old 28 May 11, 21:10   #20
Mikal

mp hasnt been good since MW in all honesty but even then it wasnt that great, but it was better than shift for mp, a lot more people played it, a lot more clean and skilled drivers, and a lot more humble players too, which you dont see in the shift dynasty.

and sad as it is, I dont see mp being improved either.

I would love to see mw mp with shift 2's physics and graphics.
Old 29 May 11, 04:21   #21
Kaerar

Actually last good MP was Underground 1. That at least had lobby's and chat capabilities. MW was weird. Only problem with U1 was the amount of cheating idiots on there. Hell the amount of times you saw a pair working together on Market Street, where one parks on the bridge to allow the other to win, gah...
Kaerar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 11, 17:35   #22
The Driver

He modded the game files (I think he edited the car's engine).. That would explain the smoke. And the speed effects too!

I can drive only several meters with nos on and full throttle smoking the tires, on my BMW M3 E36.

And thanks, Zalew for the screenshot! He drove atleast 500km/h, because you drove 223km/h, and he overtaked you that fast!

Cheaters can't never drive, and not even rammers.. Luckily I know how to stop the rammer, who is trying to do a dirty overtake. (Dirty overtake example; Smashing you to wall and the rammer keeps going).

I hope EA/SMS makes the tires blow up a bit easier, and the damage should be higher.
-D
The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 11, 20:18   #23
DrugsDen

Well after all the rammers and cheats today and night i cant wait to get Dirt 3 to get as far away from anything to do with EA sick to death of it they never do anything on any of there game to stop cheats

EA GAMES ITS IN THE BIN!!!

And yes after racing them kids with Doert at the end of there names i am calling them cheats!
racing them is like having a b class car in a c class race there a joke and need banning!!
Old 29 May 11, 20:45   #24
redi
Superator

Location: On a thin crust covering a huge ball of hot molten stone whizzing through space

Publishers/game makers should know by now that there will always be cheaters online who due to some tragic brain damage think it's cool to 'win' by putting 3000 bhp engines in cars and glue tyres. You just cannot throw out a game with online functionality but not checking for file integrity or allowing people to be banned/excluded from servers.

Or maybe EA did it on purpose?
redi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 11, 20:58   #25
DrugsDen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redi View Post
Publishers/game makers should know by now that there will always be cheaters online who due to some tragic brain damage think it's cool to 'win' by putting 3000 bhp engines in cars and glue tyres. You just cannot throw out a game with online functionality but not checking for file integrity or allowing people to be banned/excluded from servers.

Or maybe EA did it on purpose?
Ea love cheats you only have to look at ALL there games to see that been the same for years
Old 29 May 11, 21:18   #26
avioni

they cant stop cheaters, they can only make it harder, but cheaters is a plague just like pirating is.
avioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 11, 00:43   #27
Micas

The game caters to cheaters, not try and deter them. It's a lame excuse to claim that there will always be cheaters as a reason to do absolutely nothing about it.
Micas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 11, 05:25   #28
Kaerar

Quote:
Originally Posted by avioni View Post
they cant stop cheaters, they can only make it harder, but cheaters is a plague just like pirating is.
Don't start that. There is too much evidence to the contrary. Lobby groups like the RIAA are responsible for the vilification of Pirates, yet they take money and don't even use it for the Artists they claim to lobby for.

I'll link an article, it's easier than a punch up.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/05/Anot...of-game-piracy

Personally I think SMS could fix the cheater thing quiet easily, however EA with their Autolame is not prepared to do so. Just differences in policy which is unfortunate.
Old 30 May 11, 16:54   #29
Mikal

EA wont stop the cheaters, it would mean a 50% in loss of profit lol....

Might not be true but we all know they care more about profit than actually making their games survive in mp, hence why we have so many nfs releases a year.
Old 30 May 11, 17:03   #30
btfgator

Stopping cheating would be as easy as implenting a hash file check and then comparing that file to one located on a master server. All racers would need to have the default, unmodified game files to race online. It would be that easy, but i doubt it would be dealt with.

In the end, you have to make the choice of where and who you race with. There are other problems beyond cheating, such as bad driving, that cannot be controlled by the server, but only by the clients. Just like Capitalism, you vote with your dollar.

The only suggestion i have for any bad behavior in online racing is a form of community banishment. If you are not the host, you may have to remove yourself from them if you cannot remove them from you.
Old 30 May 11, 19:49   #31
Mikal

How many cheaters do you get in gtr? race? and others yes I know there sims im using it as an example, its ea's reputation, I guarantee that there have been cheats in every nfs release, and to put it bluntly...if shift 2 wasnt owned by ea and sms had dev it under a different publisher id guarantee there would be less cheating and more clean racing, its not a surprise that we get rammers in ea titles, it has always been pure arcade, so ok shift 2 took a good route in the right direction, but unfornuately it attracted most if not all the arcade players who find ramming fun or players who cannot handle the power that the top cars have and especially when they cant power drift every corner.
Old 1 June 11, 06:14   #32
Micas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikal View Post
if shift 2 wasnt owned by ea and sms had dev it under a different publisher id guarantee there would be less cheating and more clean racing, its not a surprise that we get rammers in ea titles
You're actually saying that because it's an EA published game, there is more cheating and "ramming"? That makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever.

It doesn't matter who publishes a racing game. When the game rewards demolition derby driving, that's what is going to happen. When the developer puts no effort into restricting the ability to cheat, it's going to happen.

How many races have you done where the hacked Audi that was available HERE is used? I just got done beating some jagoff that goes by the name "MarkGene" that uses it constantly. I only beat him because he went by me at 250 MPH and couldn't corner the thing. Other cheaters have a better handle on the hacked Audi. See an R8 in a race. Assume it's hacked.

The really sly cheaters are the ones that know how to edit the pak file and don't take it over the top like the Audi.

I'm just about done with Shift 2, and I think I might as well sub to iRacing. It's not like you can actually find decent races anyway. The lobby is a ghost town, and you can only race the AI for so long before it gets boring.
Old 1 June 11, 09:37   #33
marcomainz
Banned - real adults don't use threats of violence when they can't follow site rules.

Quote:
Just been racing Leorinci44-Doert and he has smoke coming out the back of hes car
I know this guy, so as the "DoeRT" Players, they actually participate in the "wrecord" (http://shift2.wrecord.com/) project and hes not a cheater, the Smoke issue is known from shift 1 and its just a LAG issue...

If You have any suspicion that someone is cheating, look at the wrecord site, if the guy is there, its surely not a cheater because the wrecord client doesnt allow ANY modification to the game

Regards
marcomainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 11, 11:11   #34
DrugsDen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcomainz View Post
I know this guy, so as the "DoeRT" Players, they actually participate in the "wrecord" (http://shift2.wrecord.com/) project and hes not a cheater, the Smoke issue is known from shift 1 and its just a LAG issue...

If You have any suspicion that someone is cheating, look at the wrecord site, if the guy is there, its surely not a cheater because the wrecord client doesnt allow ANY modification to the game

Regards
TBH iv had lots of races with them online and the one with the smoke was going easy 100mph more then me with the same car same as the rest iv seen there is no way someone is that much faster with the same car!

AND as for calling it lag there was no lag at all.I just leave any race i join if there in it sorted!
Old 1 June 11, 11:44   #35
EagleJohn

Thumbs down

Quote:

Regards
Just because they use wrecord doesn't mean they can't simply turn it OFF when playing online and happily go about the cheating. And I think that's just what some of these boys do.

Because I have also met some DoeRT players online (didn't remember their particular names), and sometimes their speed advantage simply cannot be explained without cheating being involved.

Mind you, I know how to upgrade and tune a car for maximum speed instead of easy handling/traction, and I'm not a bad driver, so when I'm driving such a powerful car and some DoeRT player is in the same car model and continuously out-performing my own car while I'm not making any mistakes, there is something fishy about it. I can explain it if he pulls away from me at the beginning, he probably has it tuned for acceleration. But if he also gets a way higher top speeds than me on the straights, and has a seemingly never-ending amount of grip through the corners, there is something wrong with that picture. It's like they sometimes have an infinite supply of nitrous, or simply more power and grip than what is normally possible by modding the car files.

I have never noticed the mysterious smoke though.
EagleJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 11, 12:09   #36
marcomainz
Banned - real adults don't use threats of violence when they can't follow site rules.

As i said, i know this guy and im pretty sure hes not a cheater, i played him in shift 1 and he wasnt even able to follow me...I never noticed some strange things like ive seen with guys like redarrow, inverter or whoever else.

The smoke lag, some ppl told also to me that sometimes ive smoked all the time and i know that im not a cheater, so i think it was this lag issue. If the system lowers the car cause of lag because some data may transmitted wrongly, it will smoke all the time....

To be honest, i dont like when i see cheater accusation just because theres something strange happen, thats why i explained that this should be a know lag issue...

Regards
Old 1 June 11, 12:17   #37
EagleJohn

Quote:
As i said, i know this guy and im pretty sure hes not a cheater, i played him in shift 1 and he wasnt even able to follow me...I never noticed some strange things like ive seen with guys like redarrow, inverter or whoever else.

The smoke lag, some ppl told also to me that sometimes ive smoked all the time and i know that im not a cheater, so i think it was this lag issue. If the system lowers the car cause of lag because some data may transmitted wrongly, it will smoke all the time....

To be honest, i dont like when i see cheater accusation just because theres something strange happen, thats why i explained that this should be a know lag issue...

Regards
Well I never said ALL DoeRT players are cheaters, and I'm pretty sure even the ones who do cheat online don't do it ALL of the time. As you can see from my post, I never claimed they cheat because of the strange smoke, as I've never even seen that myself. But some of these guys obviously DO cheat because their cars are sometimes going way faster than they should be able to.
EagleJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 11, 12:26   #38
marcomainz

Man, i dont even want to know what You should say about me if You race me online....

I didnt said YOU told that, i just see this thread about a guy i know and ive seen many things about cheating, i just tried to give you all my experience about him, if someone asks about a strange issue, i thing its good that someone who knows him, who has seen smoke lag issue give his mind about it...

whatever.

Regards
Old 1 June 11, 19:30   #39
Micas

I agree with EagleJohn. It's not infrequent that I race others in the same model car and their power advantage is not something that can be explained by a setup. I do setup my cars and tune them for each track, which, if you have done that, takes an enormous amount of time to do.

The issue isn't really who is cheating and who is not. The issue is that there is nothing in the game to prevent it. Of course, anti-cheat measures can be defeated, but at least make it difficult. I know Griff is a brilliant programmer and were that something he worked on, he could make it as close to fool-proof as a game can be.

The problem is that nobody really cared about it in the first place. It wasn't one of the design specifications for the game. It isn't even an option to build a friends list of players who try and be fair about it because it's hard enough to get a race at all, much less one consisting of just friends.

I just don't know what to do with the game anymore. I finished the career mode. I setup my cars hoping to have some fun online, but that's incredibly rare. I'm bored with just doing quick races against the AI because they can't compete and are quite predictable after racing them quite a bit. I see that improving the AI and increasing the difficulty is off the table for the next patch.

Guess I give Dirt 3 a try (if not iRacing)... but i was going to wait until after the first patch and maybe a price reduction before I give it a go.
Old 1 June 11, 21:15   #40
Mahjik

Quote:
How many cheaters do you get in gtr? race?
Plenty actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_AmSuuQi0o

The last "public" GTR2 race I was in had the usual wrecker who just kept planting himself in the middle of the track. It happens in all racing games except within league/private races or with a service like iRacing.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 11, 19:24   #41
marcomainz

If You want to know whats a real ODD Player is, play with "BulldogsRBGB"! This guy is probably the worst player ever, hes not able to run anything else than a TT C Class with all aids on, no, hes not able to make a clean race too. He waits behind you, thinking with his, from AI drive TT, that he is a fast guy, no, he cant even do a single race without ramming anyone...I think cheaters arent such a problem in there, because theyre easy to handle, just quit, such "players" are, like in shift 1, the biggest problem in there. I though Autolog would hide me from rammers, as they promoted it, rammers with rammers, clean racers with clean racers, but no, its still the same, online playing is impossible...
Old 4 June 11, 20:38   #42
Mikal

we really need a race league or club an official one for shift, its a good game that deserves it but I dont see it happening.
Old 4 June 11, 21:41   #43
marcomainz

whatever, when i play online, 90% of time im insulted as "cheater" or just kicked because, even with shity cars, i win with 5sec advance/lap and 10% of time im crashed by assisted AI hadbag TT idiot driver like BullshitRBGB because they cant accept to be beaten...How SMS could make the online mode in shift 2 worst than in Shift 1?? I think im an idiot as well to have bought that game knowing that its brought by EA...

Damn it, why the hell i cant lock elite handling and full damages online to break the neck of those idiots?

Regards
Old 4 June 11, 23:14   #44
Mahjik

Quote:
we really need a race league or club an official one for shift, its a good game that deserves it but I dont see it happening.
There was a thread started trying to make something happen on the weekends:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=254639

I'm not sure where it ended up though...
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 11, 14:30   #45
DrugsDen

To any of you Doert players that read this F U go get a fing life you sad low life cheats!!
YOU no who you are the mugs i just raced SORT YOUR CHEATING OUT!!

Endless nitro and more downforce then an F1 car
Old 13 June 11, 14:44   #46
Kaerar

Why post that in such an inflammatory way. If they are cheating then that's their bag, just ignore them
Old 13 June 11, 14:55   #47
DrugsDen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaerar View Post
Why post that in such an inflammatory way. If they are cheating then that's their bag, just ignore them
What else can i do BUT name and shame no point telling EA is there!
Old 13 June 11, 15:29   #48
Mikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
There was a thread started trying to make something happen on the weekends:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=254639

I'm not sure where it ended up though...
That was my project until I got removed for being too fast/cocky but old story one I refuse to discuss anymore.

@drugs for 37 you sure dont act it with comments like that.
Old 13 June 11, 15:33   #49
Kaerar

Agreed name and shame isn't so bad, but swearing and so on, not sure that's needed. I guess you are pretty annoyed, I would be too, but getting all wound up about it only serves to annoy you

Sorry if my post was out of place though
Old 13 June 11, 16:01   #50
DrugsDen

Quote:
That was my project until I got removed for being too fast/cocky but old story one I refuse to discuss anymore.

@drugs for 37 you sure dont act it with comments like that.
I can say the same TBH