This is an unofficial "patch" for Shift 2 Unleashed developed by the nogripracing.com modding community.
matt2380, JDougNY, ermo, and pez2k
Contributors and supporters
: brrupsz, Bongomaster, D1Racer, djotefsoup, edubz123, Jeroen vd Helm, Jonzy, Kaerar, Kazumi, Kinski, kligson, MacGear, ogre2010, outlaw22, SakuraBlack, Siggs, xpertvision.
To combine bug fixes and enhancements while preserving the driving feel of stock S2U. There are no deliberate physics changes included, but car handling is improved in some cases as a result of bug fixing. There are also some enhancements included that would have been nice to see in an official patch.
People who enjoy driving the game out of the box, but were bothered by the bugs; and as a clean base upon which future mods can be developed.
Bug fix summary:
- fixed reversed toe values bug (flipped positive and negative values so that they now correctly match the tuning menu).
- fixed sounds for Nissan 2000GTR and Nissan 240ZG engine swap
- fixed Mazda RX8 and Porsche 914 engine descriptions
- fixed bug in Bugatti Veyron rear-left "SlowBump" range
- corrected power of Mazda RX7 FC rotary (stock and turbo upgrades).
- fixed uneven ReboundTravel on many cars.
- fixed diffuser base value typos on various cars.
- fixed uneven left/right tuning on various cars.
- fixed front & rear wing range for Audi R8 LMS.
- fixed camber values on various cars.
- corrected fuel tank locations (some were up to 2m behind car).
- fixed missing DiffPumpSetting values (from "DiffPumpSetting= " to "DiffPumpSetting=0" which was found to produce more consistent AI behaviour in Overhaul mod for Shift 1)
- fixed a bug that prevented proper upgrade of Mercedes 190e Evo2
- reduced the magnetized effect of collisions with walls/rails and other vehicles.
- fixed reversed mirrors in several cars.
- fixed syntax errors in tracks.lod files
- removed intro movies for a faster game startup
- enabled ability to skip career movies
- increase garage spaces to 800
- Speedhunters DLC cars can now be sold back to car lot (for $0)
- disabled reverse driving penalty to double available tracks in hot lap mode
- increase maximum career level to 30 with following reward vehicles:
> Level 21 = Limited Edition cars (Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Nissan S15, and Lamborghini Murcielago LP640)
> Level 22 = Chevrolet Camaro, Dr Pepper Edition
> Level 23 = Porsche GT3, AutoBild Edtion
> Level 24 = Alfa Romeo 8C Spider
> Level 25 = Aston Martin DBS Volante
> Level 26 = Audi R8 Spyder
> Level 27 = Pagani Cinque Roadster
> Level 28 = Pagani Cinque Roadster, Hot Pursuit Edition
> Level 29 = Lamborghini Reventon, Hot Pursuit Cop Edition
> Level 30 = Koenigsegg Agera
- created standard adjustment units for the following tuning options (set all base values to 0 while keeping original preset values, this way you know what you're actually setting for these items).
> tyre pressure now displays the actual kPa value (previously we saw only a condensed kPa range, which varied between different cars, making tuning confusing).
> steering lock now displays your actual steering lock (allowing easier comparison between cars).
> differential Power/Coast/Preload
> established a common base camber tuning range (-5 to +5 degrees) and adjustment value (0.1).
- increased caster range from 0-7.3 to 0-10 degrees (higher values provide better ffb and more direct handling).
- unlocked more default tuning options for lower tier cars.
v1.06 uploaded and ready for download here:
It seems that the time is right for the development of an unofficial community patch; there doesn't appear to be any plan for more official patches, a few bugs have been clearly identified... and I've got a day off work.
A few items that I think are essential to include:
- fix toe values (flip positive and negative values to match tuning menu)
- fix uneven front tyre pressures in GT3 RS
- fix missing DiffPumpSetting values (from "DiffPumpSetting= " to "DiffPumpSetting=0" which was found to produce more consistent AI behaviour in Overhaul mod for Shift 1)
- adjust tyre pressure tuning to reflect actual kPa value
- JDougNY's reversed mirror fix for Porsche 911
A few items that JDougNY is adding:
- set base Steering lock value to 0 and update the setting value (this way you know what your actual steering lock is in the tuning menu)
- Differential Power/Coast/Preload - put all cars on standard adjustment units, set all base values to 0 and update the setting value (this way you know what you're actually setting for these items)
- Camber - establish a common base value and adjustment value and apply it to both the front and rear on every car.
A few other things to possibly include:
- Unlock hidden cars
(thanks for permission Jeroen vd Helm)
- disable wrong way penalty
to double available tracks when hotlapping (thanks for permission JDougNY)
- disable intro movie
- disable the ThrottleControl and AntiLockBrakes that remain in Elite mode even when you disable them via the game menu.