NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > NFS : Shift 2

Closed Thread

Old 12 August 11, 03:04   #1
matt2380

Default Unofficial Community Patch

This is an unofficial "patch" for Shift 2 Unleashed developed by the nogripracing.com modding community.

Main Authors: matt2380, JDougNY, ermo, and pez2k
Contributors and supporters: brrupsz, Bongomaster, D1Racer, djotefsoup, edubz123, Jeroen vd Helm, Jonzy, Kaerar, Kazumi, Kinski, kligson, MacGear, ogre2010, outlaw22, SakuraBlack, Siggs, xpertvision.

Aim:
To combine bug fixes and enhancements while preserving the driving feel of stock S2U. There are no deliberate physics changes included, but car handling is improved in some cases as a result of bug fixing. There are also some enhancements included that would have been nice to see in an official patch.

Audience:
People who enjoy driving the game out of the box, but were bothered by the bugs; and as a clean base upon which future mods can be developed.

Bug fix summary:
Code:
- fixed reversed toe values bug (flipped positive and negative values so that they now correctly match the tuning menu).
- fixed sounds for Nissan 2000GTR and Nissan 240ZG engine swap
- fixed Mazda RX8 and Porsche 914 engine descriptions
- fixed bug in Bugatti Veyron rear-left "SlowBump" range
- corrected power of Mazda RX7 FC rotary (stock and turbo upgrades).
- fixed uneven ReboundTravel on many cars.
- fixed diffuser base value typos on various cars.
- fixed uneven left/right tuning on various cars.
- fixed front & rear wing range for Audi R8 LMS.
- fixed camber values on various cars.
- corrected fuel tank locations (some were up to 2m behind car).
- fixed missing DiffPumpSetting values (from "DiffPumpSetting= " to "DiffPumpSetting=0" which was found to produce more consistent AI behaviour in Overhaul mod for Shift 1)
- fixed a bug that prevented proper upgrade of Mercedes 190e Evo2
- reduced the magnetized effect of collisions with walls/rails and other vehicles.
- fixed reversed mirrors in several cars.
- fixed syntax errors in tracks.lod files
Enhancements summary:
Code:
- removed intro movies for a faster game startup
- enabled ability to skip career movies
- increase garage spaces to 800
- Speedhunters DLC cars can now be sold back to car lot (for $0)
- disabled reverse driving penalty to double available tracks in hot lap mode
- increase maximum career level to 30 with following reward vehicles:
	> Level 21 = Limited Edition cars (Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Nissan S15, and Lamborghini Murcielago LP640)
	> Level 22 = Chevrolet Camaro, Dr Pepper Edition
	> Level 23 = Porsche GT3, AutoBild Edtion
	> Level 24 = Alfa Romeo 8C Spider
	> Level 25 = Aston Martin DBS Volante
	> Level 26 = Audi R8 Spyder
	> Level 27 = Pagani Cinque Roadster
	> Level 28 = Pagani Cinque Roadster, Hot Pursuit Edition
	> Level 29 = Lamborghini Reventon, Hot Pursuit Cop Edition
	> Level 30 = Koenigsegg Agera
- created standard adjustment units for the following tuning options (set all base values to 0 while keeping original preset values, this way you know what you're actually setting for these items).
	> tyre pressure now displays the actual kPa value (previously we saw only a condensed kPa range, which varied between different cars, making tuning confusing).
	> steering lock now displays your actual steering lock (allowing easier comparison between cars).
	> differential Power/Coast/Preload
	> established a common base camber tuning range (-5 to +5 degrees) and adjustment value (0.1).
- increased caster range from 0-7.3 to 0-10 degrees (higher values provide better ffb and more direct handling).
- unlocked more default tuning options for lower tier cars.
Download:
v1.06 uploaded and ready for download here:
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=33828

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems that the time is right for the development of an unofficial community patch; there doesn't appear to be any plan for more official patches, a few bugs have been clearly identified... and I've got a day off work.

A few items that I think are essential to include:
- fix toe values (flip positive and negative values to match tuning menu)
- fix uneven front tyre pressures in GT3 RS
- fix missing DiffPumpSetting values (from "DiffPumpSetting= " to "DiffPumpSetting=0" which was found to produce more consistent AI behaviour in Overhaul mod for Shift 1)
- adjust tyre pressure tuning to reflect actual kPa value
- JDougNY's reversed mirror fix for Porsche 911

A few items that JDougNY is adding:
- set base Steering lock value to 0 and update the setting value (this way you know what your actual steering lock is in the tuning menu)
- Differential Power/Coast/Preload - put all cars on standard adjustment units, set all base values to 0 and update the setting value (this way you know what you're actually setting for these items)
- Camber - establish a common base value and adjustment value and apply it to both the front and rear on every car.

A few other things to possibly include:
- Unlock hidden cars (thanks for permission Jeroen vd Helm)
- disable wrong way penalty to double available tracks when hotlapping (thanks for permission JDougNY)
- disable intro movie
- disable the ThrottleControl and AntiLockBrakes that remain in Elite mode even when you disable them via the game menu.

Any comments/suggestions?

Last edited by matt2380; 9 October 11 at 08:54.
Old 12 August 11, 03:19   #2
JDougNY

You can include my disable wrong way penalty mod, if you like.

I've done the toe in /toe toe changes, but my CDF files are way beyond default at this point.

Also, there's syntax errors in a bunch of track.lod files, that pack back into many track BFF files. I'm wondering about the best way to give you the info on that.....maybe I can give you the updated track BFF files?
It would make the final patch very large in size, having all those BFF files in there.
Old 12 August 11, 03:33   #3
matt2380

Thanks JDougNY, I think the disable wrong way penalty mod is essential.

I've already done the toe changes (just taught myself how to use Notepad ++).

What are the consequences of the syntax errors in the track.lod files?

I agree that the size of the final patch is going to be a problem... but I'm working on a creative solution for that.
Old 12 August 11, 03:39   #4
JDougNY

A couple more things that you may want to do in the CDF.

Steering lock -set base value to 0 and update the setting value. This way you know what your actual steering lock is in the tuning menu
Code:
SteerLockRange=(0.0, 1.0, 45)
SteerLockSetting=25
Differential Power/Coast/Preload - put all cars on standard adjustment units, set all base values to 0 and update the setting value. This way you know what you're actually setting for these items
Code:
DiffPowerRange=(0.0,0.05,20)        // fraction of power-side input torque transferred through diff
DiffPowerSetting=8                // (not implemented for four-wheel drive)
DiffCoastRange=(0.0,0.05,20)        // fraction of coast-side input torque transferred through diff
DiffCoastSetting=7                 // (not implemented for four-wheel drive)
DiffPreloadRange=(0.0, 10.0, 11)     // preload torque that must be overcome to have wheelspeed difference
DiffPreloadSetting=6
Camber - establish a common base value and adjustment value and apply it to both the front and rear on every car. This way you know that a setting of 25 camber = -1.50 degrees on both the front and the rear on every car in the game (as an example).
Code:
CamberRange=(-4.0, 0.1, 80)
CamberSetting=25
Old 12 August 11, 03:44   #5
matt2380

Brilliant!

Hoping to share the load around a bit? If I upload cdf's with toe, kPa and diffpump adjustments could you do some of those things you suggested?

Last edited by matt2380; 12 August 11 at 04:28.
Old 12 August 11, 03:55   #6
JDougNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2380 View Post
What are the consequences of the syntax errors in the track.lod files?
The files that contain the error are "tracks.lod" and "tracks_night.lod". There are one set of these files under the "Tracks\_data\" folder with the errors. These are the generic files that some tracks use and are packed into the track BFF files, for the tracks that use these files.

Then, some of the individual track folders have a modified version of these files. Some of these lod files are OK, while others have syntax errors.

The syntax errors amount to missing quotes to define the LOD level (value) of static objects. So, it's probably something that's rarely going to be noticed.

But, there are 94 track BFF files that contain lod files with these errors.
Old 12 August 11, 04:02   #7
matt2380

Hmmm, well maybe editing those lod files can slide down the priority list a bit and we can see how we go later.

I'm struggling to find a way to automate (or at least speed up) the process of editing kpa values, eg from:

PressureRange=(180.0, 1.0, 106)
PressureSetting=30

to:

PressureRange=(0.0, 1.0, 286)
PressureSetting=210

Any hints?
Old 12 August 11, 04:04   #8
JDougNY

Quote:
Brilliant!

Hoping to share the load around a bit? If I upload cdf's with toe, kPa and diffpump adjustments could you do some of those things you suggested?
Sure, once you get through those 4 essential items, I could add in those items I mentioned.

I would just need to know the range of camber that the community would feel is suitable. I went with + or - 4 degrees for my game, but we can make it anything.

Last edited by JDougNY; 12 August 11 at 04:19. Reason: repeated text
Old 12 August 11, 04:07   #9
JDougNY

Quote:
I'm struggling to find a way to automate (or at least speed up) the process of editing kpa values
Any hints?
I think that Djo might know of a way to do this more easily.
Old 12 August 11, 04:20   #10
matt2380

Yeah, Dj worked his magic for me when I was experimenting with the tyre pressure values before the v1.02 patch.

JDougNY , I've uploaded my set of v1.02 cdf's with:
- toe values fixed
- all missing diffpump values changed to 0
- GT3 RS front tyre pressures equalised

Could you do your bits and then upload them again so Dj can then do the kPa adjustments?

EDIT: Removed file.

Last edited by matt2380; 23 August 11 at 04:12.
Old 12 August 11, 04:28   #11
JDougNY

Sure...I'll dig right in.
Old 12 August 11, 04:34   #12
matt2380

Legend.

EDIT:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the idea of completely disabling ThrottleControl and AntilockBrakes in chassis files for Pro mode?

Last edited by matt2380; 12 August 11 at 05:11.
Old 12 August 11, 05:11   #13
Jonzy

Fix of the dead animation hands would be greatly appreciated. This and the occasional missing FFB on the wheel at start. And the dead brain AIs when you start at grid where they don't move at all or just spin out when they start spining their wheel. And while I'm on starting grid, I will appreciate the kind of choking when you rev to finally just start sub normally from the others even with a perfect start.
Old 12 August 11, 05:12   #14
JDougNY

@ matt

Do you want to unlock all tuning options for stock cars?

It requires a new entry into the CDF (it's a new "tuningtier" property)
Old 12 August 11, 05:33   #15
matt2380

Jonzy, thanks for your suggestions. The "dead animation hands", the occasional missing FFB and the clutch/launch help would all be great to fix, but I haven't seen anybody suggest how to do so.

JDougNY, unlock all tuning options for stock cars is very tempting, though I'm not sure about a final decision. What are the potential negatives? EDIT: Ahh, what the hell, throw it in!
Old 12 August 11, 05:47   #16
SakuraBlack

Quote:
Camber - establish a common base value and adjustment value and apply it to both the front and rear on every car. This way you know that a setting of 25 camber = -1.50 degrees on both the front and the rear on every car in the game (as an example).
Code:

CamberRange=(-4.0, 0.1, 80)
CamberSetting=25
CamberRange=(0.0, -0.1, 80)
CamberSetting=15

IMO all standard cars should be based on real life setting with tuning option off - only tire pressure and steering lock on
Also i found more easier to change gui menu reading instead of CDF
Old 12 August 11, 05:51   #17
JDougNY

@ Matt

I did it to my game and I noticed that lower PI cars would end up with F/R wings set to 3, when there was no setting adjustments technically available, as the cars had no body upgrades.
The old property from Shift 1, "AdjustableUpgradeLevel_0=4" wasn't working in Shift 2, at least not on Class D cars.

EDIT: due to a post from Sakura posting before me
Old 12 August 11, 05:54   #18
JDougNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraBlack View Post
CamberRange=(0.0, -0.1, 80)
CamberSetting=15

IMO all standard cars should be based on real life setting with tuning option off - only tire pressure and steering lock on
Also i found more easier to change gui menu reading instead of CDF
I haven't implemented the camber changes for this project, yet.

So, you're suggesting we only allow a negative adjustment, which would be fine. I've never used positive camber myself. The settings might make more sense to people with your method.

Tell us more about the gui menu reading.

EDIT: I take that back, your way of doing camber would be opposite of what the tuning menu indicates for the sliders..sort of like the confusion we went through with the toe settings

Last edited by JDougNY; 12 August 11 at 06:07.
Old 12 August 11, 06:03   #19
Jonzy

Quote:
Jonzy, thanks for your suggestions. The "dead animation hands", the occasional missing FFB and the clutch/launch help would all be great to fix, but I haven't seen anybody suggest how to do so.
Well bummer, I suppose you are looking for tweaks fix.

In other hands, I know that there's been the MLAA accidental release from Steam around. I don't know if at some point it can be possible to make it compatible for those who aren't from Steam version.
Old 12 August 11, 06:08   #20
matt2380

I think we definitely need to retain the ability to adjust both pos and neg camber, even if just to ensure consistency with the tuning menu sliders. +/- 4 degrees sounds fine to me.

Sakura, I'm also very intrigued by your comment about editing gui rather than cdf files. Please tell us more.
Old 12 August 11, 06:08   #21
SakuraBlack

At this time i din't make anything because .bgui file are coded, but i know in GTR2 was easy to make 7th gear, final gear ratio or other stuff in gui menu.
I just say it's way easier.
Old 12 August 11, 06:12   #22
matt2380

Oh. Well, let us know if you work it out for S2U.
Old 12 August 11, 06:27   #23
JDougNY

@ Matt

It's around 2:25am here in the USA, so I won't be able to do the camber portion until tomorrow. Should I hang onto the files or pass them back to you, before I call it a night?
Old 12 August 11, 06:31   #24
matt2380

Pass them back so that Dj might be able to have a go at the kPa adjustments while you get some well deserved shut-eye.

EDIT: Did you fall asleep at the keyboard JDougNY??

Last edited by matt2380; 12 August 11 at 06:45.
Old 12 August 11, 06:54   #25
JDougNY

Oh..no...I was double checking things. Here ya go
Attached Files
File Type: rar cdfs_community_Patch_needs_camber.rar (836.8 KB, 123 views)
Old 12 August 11, 07:06   #26
matt2380

Great stuff - catch you tomorrow JDougNY.
Old 12 August 11, 09:43   #27
edubz123

one more request. Lights.

I saw a recent mod where people were able to keep the dashboard lights on. It may help some folks overcome the "dark cockpits" issue and seems like a trivial amount of work. It could be nice to include this in the community patch since many folks (not me) are suffering from this problem.

One caveat is to make sure the headlights aren't too bright during day races, shouldn't be more powerful than the sun!

Also, what about removing the lens flare? Or is that more a cosmetic thing which depends on personal taste? I suppose the community patch is to address things that are truly broken vs. personal preferences, right?
Old 12 August 11, 09:52   #28
matt2380

I feel that the carlights mod might be creeping a bit too far into "personal preferences" territory. And the dark cockpit issue doesn't affect everybody so I don't think it would be wise to add it.
Old 12 August 11, 09:53   #29
edubz123

np, i can definitely see your point
Old 12 August 11, 13:28   #30
Helluuum

@matt2380 you got permission for the hidden cars mod

Grtz

Last edited by Jeroen vd Helm; 23 August 11 at 20:09.
Old 12 August 11, 15:11   #31
Brainbug

community-power!
letīs see how cool sms-guys will be with some helping words here and there.

keep it up, gentlemen!
Old 12 August 11, 15:53   #32
djotefsoup

Quote:
Pass them back so that Dj might be able to have a go at the kPa adjustments while you get some well deserved shut-eye.

EDIT: Did you fall asleep at the keyboard JDougNY??
I will look at it in a bit

For me the cardinal rule for this has to be:

"Don't break stuff"

which is something I think we all stuck with pretty well with unofficial community patch as one release and overhaul as another where things are allowed to get weirder.

The tyre pressure adjustment range stuff ... might actually fit into this a little. There are some assumptions that are built into the game that might not be amazingly obvious at first glance (just for one example - ai will always use the base ride height defined and cannot be pushed to a lower one with upgrades). I'm not sure I would do KPA as I did in the sample (which was done pretty fast) for instance - the start/end point of the range has its own influence on things and I'm not sure that having both extremes as extremely silly values is really the right way to work it, however nice it is to see a "kpa" figure in tuning. There are a number of things that look broken but are actually right or closer to right to compensate for other things that happen.

But still if people want that to happen then fine
Old 12 August 11, 16:13   #33
JDougNY

What I'd like to see with the tyre pressures would be that when the slider is centered in the tuning menu, we know that we are at the somewhat "standard" pressure for the given tire. Standard pressure being where the temperature of the center area of the tire is in a proper range to the outer areas, when using nominal camber/toe settings. Also, so that when sliders are centered, the pressure is not causing added grip or slip.
It would make tyre tuning a little easier, seeing as there are currently several different base pressure rates for the tyres...so you never really know if setting the sliders at center is a neutral point for the tyre pressures going car to car.
Old 12 August 11, 16:14   #34
Kazumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDougNY View Post
I haven't implemented the camber changes for this project, yet.

So, you're suggesting we only allow a negative adjustment, which would be fine. I've never used positive camber myself. The settings might make more sense to people with your method.

Tell us more about the gui menu reading.

EDIT: I take that back, your way of doing camber would be opposite of what the tuning menu indicates for the sliders..sort of like the confusion we went through with the toe settings
and you can reverse it the same way.

-8 camber could be useful in drift mode.

with keeping positive in the UI i suggest from -5 to 5, 100 settings, 50 center it's also easier to calculate the real value based on that (at least for me )
Old 12 August 11, 16:16   #35
Kazumi

tire pressure 100 - 300 kpa

PressureRange=(100.0, 1.0, 200)
PressureSetting=130

the reading would be value - 100 = kpa
Old 12 August 11, 16:23   #36
JDougNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi View Post
and you can reverse it the same way.

-8 camber could be useful in drift mode.

with keeping positive in the UI i suggest from -5 to 5, 100 settings, 50 center it's also easier to calculate the real value based on that (at least for me )
I haven't started with the camber, as the tyre pressure entries are next and I've passed the CDF files back to Matt. So, we can decide what range of camber would be useful for everyone. If you think that drifting could use -8, we could even set the range as -10 to +10.
Old 12 August 11, 22:30   #37
matt2380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen vd Helm View Post
@matt2380 you got permission for the dlc 3 cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by djotefsoup View Post
For me the cardinal rule for this has to be:

"Don't break stuff"

The tyre pressure adjustment range stuff ... might actually fit into this a little. There are some assumptions that are built into the game that might not be amazingly obvious at first glance (just for one example - ai will always use the base ride height defined and cannot be pushed to a lower one with upgrades). I'm not sure I would do KPA as I did in the sample (which was done pretty fast) for instance - the start/end point of the range has its own influence on things and I'm not sure that having both extremes as extremely silly values is really the right way to work it, however nice it is to see a "kpa" figure in tuning. There are a number of things that look broken but are actually right or closer to right to compensate for other things that happen.

But still if people want that to happen then fine
I appreciate your cautiousness Dj - we definitley need to do some testing, but I'd love to see correct kPa values if possible, otherwise I'm hoping that using Kazumi's suggestion of standardised values with 100 as base would be a good compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi View Post
Sounds like a clear system, -10 to 10 with 200 settings and 100 centre would certainly cover all tastes.

Quote:
- disable ThrottleControl and AntilockBrakes for Pro mode in chassis files
What do you guys think?

And what about some moderate adjustments to stiffen up stock tuning?
Old 12 August 11, 23:21   #38
JDougNY

@ Matt
On the cars that I've reworked with the "Overhaul-Plus" treatment in Shift 2, I setup the throttle & antilock in the CDF files like this...
Code:
ThrottleControl=(1,1,0,0)
AntilockBrakes=(1,1,0,0)
The default tunes of the road cars could use some adjusting, but it depends on the direction that you want to take with the Community Patch.

Last edited by JDougNY; 12 August 11 at 23:54.
Old 12 August 11, 23:48   #39
matt2380

Zeroing TC and ABS for Pro mode and... the next mode down... seems like a good addition. Just want to confirm that people can still activate TC and ABS via the game menu?

Since Ian has acknowledged that the stock setups were designed to be very soft to be driveable at every track, including Ebisu, it seems fair that a small amount of stiffening wouldn't hurt. I think I recall him even saying that the setups are essentially what you'd expect to use in heavy rain.
Old 12 August 11, 23:59   #40
JDougNY

Those throttle/antilock in the CDF don't appear to be tied to a skill level, and I tried to explain the throttlecontrol effects in a recent post to the modding thread.
What I can do is turn on the driving aids on cars where I've changed those CDF values, and see if the aids still function.
Old 13 August 11, 00:38   #41
matt2380

Hmm, interesting! I really thought it corresponded to the four difficulty levels. Your explanation makes sense for the TC but how would those four values impact upon ABS?
Old 13 August 11, 01:00   #42
JDougNY

As the antilock is reduced in the CDF from (2,2,1,1) to (1,1,0,0), the car seems to lock up the brakes a little quicker, when you have the antilock braking aid disabled in the menu. Of course, you need to increase the brake pressure to really notice, since they reduced front/rear braking torque across the board.

All of the driving aids seem to function properly (antilock, stability, traction), regardless of the changes I made in the CDF to throttle/antilock [control] items
Old 13 August 11, 03:02   #43
Hagane007

Sweet, overhaul is back.
Old 13 August 11, 08:16   #44
matt2380

JDoug, I'm very glad to hear that the driving aids work regardless of the cdf changes. I must admit that I'm still not 100% convinced that the four values don't correspond to the four difficulty levels - they just look so similar to the way they are displayed in the physicstweaker, such as from OHM2:

prop name="throttle control" data="2;2;2;0"
prop name="antilock brakes" data="2;2;2;0"
prop name="grip level" data="1.29;1.26;1.23;1.2"
prop name="CGHeight Scale" data="1.0;1.0;1.0;1.0"

Couldn't (2,2,1,0), (2,1,1,0), (1,1,0,0) and (0,0,0,0) all effectively result in "off" in pro mode? Maybe 0 = off, 1 = low (or optional), and 2 = high (or forced)? Sorry if I've missed your explanation somewhere, I'm just quite intrigued by this function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane007 View Post
Sweet, overhaul is back.
Nobody said anything about an Overhaul of S2U.
This mod definitely carries the same intention as the Unofficial Community Patch for Shift1.
Old 13 August 11, 11:18   #45
SakuraBlack

May i suggest to make some test on high powered cars because with throtle control disabled are instable(cars like SL 65 AMG, Agera) it seems to be a problem with delivered power of turbo/supercharger
Old 13 August 11, 14:02   #46
JDougNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane007 View Post
Sweet, overhaul is back.
Well...not for this community patch...I've simply applied an Overhaul-Plus type of change to some cars within my game. More of a way to verify that there was absolutely no difference in the physics engine between Shift 1 and Shift 2.

Last edited by JDougNY; 13 August 11 at 16:41.
Old 13 August 11, 16:01   #47
guldukat

Nice things, you are working on !!

Some suggestions:
Maybe remove:
-magnetized cars when colliding (even slight collisions!!) / blocked steeringcontrol
-magnetized walls

btw:
"- disable ThrottleControl and AntilockBrakes for Pro mode"
Is working on this really necessary?
If the game offers this features even in pro, it should be everyones own decission to use it or not ... ?
If one is driving with gamepad, using (digital)-buttons for throttle and break ...?
Maybe make it a selectable option ...?
...Just a suggestion

Last edited by guldukat; 13 August 11 at 16:50.
Old 13 August 11, 16:44   #48
SakuraBlack

JDougNY it seems more obvious with my mod
start in 3th gear and car are spining around

Other bugs
FWRange=(2.0, 1.0, 20) - Audi LMS should be (2.0, 1.0, 15)
DiffuserBase=(-.400, -0.50, 5.0) - Alpina B6, DBRS9 and other GT cars instead of 0.400

Last edited by SakuraBlack; 13 August 11 at 17:40.
Old 13 August 11, 18:16   #49
JDougNY

After some thorough testing of the AnitlockBrakes control property in the CDF , this is how it works.
Code:
CDF File
AntilockBrakes=(2,2,2,1,0) // (novice, normal, XP, Pro, Elite) Anitlock Brake
Driving Aid Efficiency per Driver Skill, when option is selected in menu
(0=off, 1=low, 2=high)
There should be 5 values to cover all of the skill levels

So, if you were on Elite skill and selected the antilock driving aid, you wouldn't actually get the aid because the value in the CDF is set to 0. You'll notice that the brakes will still lock up the same with or without the aid selected in the menu.

If you were on Pro skill and selected the antilock driving aid, you would get a low level of antilock aid, because the value in the CDF is set to 1.

Right now, the Lancia has 3 values and rest of the cars have 4 values for antilock. When the skill level exceeds the number of values provided in the CDF, the last value stated for the property is utilized

Last edited by JDougNY; 13 August 11 at 22:30.
Old 13 August 11, 18:29   #50
SakuraBlack

So, elite mod are using 0 by default
because i don't see any car with 5 value but Lancia delta have 3 value
ThrottleControl=(1,0,0)
AntilockBrakes=(2,1,1)
Anyway good job
Closed Thread