NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > Console Racing > Forza Motorsport Series

Old 8 November 11, 06:19   #1
transam1998

Default Ultimate Aero, undriveable at any speed

What the title says, I haven't driven a tougher car yet. Feathering the throttle through 4th gear, the car starts to get light in fifth gear and wants to wander around. Hitting the brakes results in the car hunting around for traction, until you finally slow to a point where you can limp the car around the corner, then feather the throttle through 4th again.

If there was a game car that would make you crap your pants, it would be this thing! I love it

This thing was clearly built to take the top speed title, and nothing else.
transam1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 11, 17:39   #2
Vette4Life

Don't forget that it is road legal and doesn't have any downforce...

That means street tyres
Vette4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 11, 20:05   #3
markspeed

If that's the car I'm thinking of, it was like that in Forza 3 as well. And even on racing tires warmed up with DF and everything else it was still a massive handful. But it was top cat at New York in the leaderboards.
markspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 11, 20:42   #4
dadada1

Slightly more manageable but still a handful is the TVR Sagaris, very difficult to tell when your just about to lose control as it was in FM3. Its worth it though because of the insane styling.
dadada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 11, 06:16   #5
transam1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadada1 View Post
Slightly more manageable but still a handful is the TVR Sagaris, very difficult to tell when your just about to lose control as it was in FM3. Its worth it though because of the insane styling.
Aaah yes, I drove the Sagaris today, made me want to try the Ultimate Aero again.

I watched the video documentary on the Ultimate Aero's desert 4 mile test. The driver reported that, at speed, the handling was hard to get a judgement on because the bumps on the road were throwing it around. Also, he says when he gave it full throttle in fifth, he figured he was going well over 150 mph, the tires spun so bad, it filled the car with tire smoke!

He also stated that, at 257 mph, he was only 85% throttle!
Old 9 November 11, 23:33   #6
markspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by transam1998 View Post
Aaah yes, I drove the Sagaris today, made me want to try the Ultimate Aero again.

I watched the video documentary on the Ultimate Aero's desert 4 mile test. The driver reported that, at speed, the handling was hard to get a judgement on because the bumps on the road were throwing it around. Also, he says when he gave it full throttle in fifth, he figured he was going well over 150 mph, the tires spun so bad, it filled the car with tire smoke!

He also stated that, at 257 mph, he was only 85% throttle!

Soooo, I suppose we can chalk this one up as a bruttally realistic inclusion to Forza. Take that PD. When PD makes a high horsepower car, it drive like it's broken, probably because PD's physics can't handle it. When Forza makes a high horsepower brute like that, it drives crazy cause the actual car drives crazy.

Anyone recall how retarded the Mercedes/Sauber C9 drove in GT4? After 600 miles the car gets ridiculous. I don't recall Jochen Mass, Manuel Reuter or Stanley Dickens talking about how crazy the car got after just 600 miles. The Nissan's were a bit better, but not that much better.
markspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 11, 05:25   #7
transam1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by markspeed View Post
Soooo, I suppose we can chalk this one up as a bruttally realistic inclusion to Forza. Take that PD. When PD makes a high horsepower car, it drive like it's broken, probably because PD's physics can't handle it. When Forza makes a high horsepower brute like that, it drives crazy cause the actual car drives crazy.

Anyone recall how retarded the Mercedes/Sauber C9 drove in GT4? After 600 miles the car gets ridiculous. I don't recall Jochen Mass, Manuel Reuter or Stanley Dickens talking about how crazy the car got after just 600 miles. The Nissan's were a bit better, but not that much better.
Yep, sounds like PD's physics pegged the Aero I only ever played the original Gran Turismo on the original Playstation. I never got another version until GT5 Prologue came out.