Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Black Bean Games > WRC 2

Old 21 June 11, 09:26   #1
JorritVD
Uploader

Default Wrc 2

teaser trailer: http://youtu.be/RGFG6zn9hro

article + videointerview: http://www.spaziogames.it/recensioni...ionship-2.aspx

translated in google translater:

Athens - It can not establish Italy as a fertile ground for the birth and development of new video games. As happens in too many fields, even in gaming, we found the latest to occupy seats in importance and influence on the competitive market. In a landscape so desolate it is, however, some exceptions, such as Milestone, a group of talented programmers who for years have managed to deal with every generational change with skill and dynamism, specializing in driving titles, arcade, but also and especially simulation. The SBK series is a clear example of the competence that characterizes the team, who despite several limitations productive, managed to establish a global franchise as a top class. Milestone last year decided to expand their fleet with a new licensed titles is very important, releasing the first WRC, thought of as a title designed to bring simulation, on consoles and PCs of fans of the rally, the whole spirit of this dirty discipline, or which obviously contained in the gameplay, with vehicles, drivers and real environments. On the occasion of the Greek leg of the World Rally Championship, held this year in the city of Loutraki, Black Bean has exclusively invited to view a few other journalists with a preliminary version of the Code of WRC 2, interview samples Armindo Araujo and Dennis Kuipers, and to participate in the spectacular morning Shakedown Rally of Gods.

Change of clothes
This second chapter of the fledgling series presents some simple objectives, starting from the criticism received last year by the public and press, to release a finally mature in every respect. Black Bean has not hidden like it was the first WRC title designed to lay the foundation of the franchise, focusing most efforts on developing a physics engine and a guidance system complete, deep and interesting, neglecting other aspects such as sector aesthetic or finishes of various kinds. WRC 2 starts right here, completely renovating the graphics engine, enriched in every department. The code presented one car, the Citroen C4, and two tracks, or a stop in Germany and the novelty of this year, represented by the Super Special Stage, specifically the Portuguese Algarve dell'Estadio. Little material from view, but more than enough to become immediately aware of the leaps taken, which now delivers rich environments rendered with excellent detail and lighting system. The model of the car we felt implemented with all the blessings of the case, although the livery is not yet final. As for the German stage, we were pleasantly surprised by the good level of detail of the elements on the track, mainly composed of vegetation made more than moderately, as the ground, mixed asphalt and gravel, covered with well-made textures. Excellent view of the extension, which was lost sight of an eye between the wooded hills, cultivated fields and a few isolated homes. The same holds true for the special stage Portuguese locked in a space much less extended, guaranteed number of elements included to faithfully reproduce the actual amount and return a glance really effective. The finished product will include all stages of this season, which for the uninitiated, is home to some variants of the traditional competitions on stage, setting up in open spaces complete with bleachers for the audience, a race against a top spectacular rate.

Let's get dirty!
Put your hands on the pad, the feelings are returned by the driving model are very close to those of the first WRC, so very good. The choice of the team sets the product halfway between simulation and rigorous accessibility, implementing various driving aids, of course, be deactivated, and granting some license like most track width, to enable better enjoyment of the title. The sequel continues on the same road, going to refine the physics engine, with a reduction of the pendulum and a medium that reacts to stress with more credibility. Having so much content available, we can not clearly express ourselves more accurately on the quality of work, but the feelings are returned by the pre-alpha code are very good, making us hope for the finished product. From a licensing point of view of pure, WRC 2 will include all forms of racing currently divided into nine categories, also including historical models from the sixties, the real names of the pilots, ninety steps divided in fifteen locations for twenty-five conditions different soil, rain and snow. Will be reviewed from scratch the career mode, while waiting for new gameplay options for the time not yet announced, along with a multiplayer open to sixteen players, but even here hiding details.
A long chat with the boys of Black Bean development team has enabled us to see how much passion and expertise of the developer to address the creation of licensed titles. Milestone is well aware of the limitations and defects in their products, and from there starts the processing of various follow-up, always keeping in mind the ultimate goal, or make fun and exciting titles. For this 2 tracks in the WRC will not be replicas of real-life counterparts millimeter, but remodeling project for entertaining, mixing elements characteristic of each stage. Similarly, the road has been widened in order to overcome the various steps with success by players several more categories, a choice that could turn up their noses to the purists, but we feel we share the view of the extreme difficulty of characterizing the different segments real competition and that would be impossible to overcome for most users. Also linked to this philosophy is the return of the Tiger Effect, daMilestone invented years ago with SCAR and allow WRC 2 to rewind time if error, in the demo proved up to a maximum of five times per race, but for now then we know how this feature will be implemented in the final version of the game.

Fact vs. fiction
Assist Shakedown Rally of Gods (this is called the stage of Athens) has allowed us to compare once at close range the real world of rally racing with its virtual reproduction. The WRC is a very visceral racing and at the same time true gentleman, much more open and friendly than those on the circuit. The Park Service, where they join the various teams and drivers with their cars to change settings, or just focus refresh between sessions, it is completely free and open to the public, who can come close to their idols and hot rods to observe them closely. A few kilometers there is the stage itself, once again freely explored on foot, crossing the runway in search of the spot just to enjoy the passage at breakneck speed and constant drift of the pilots. This sport is brutal and dirty as the mud a few others to the passage of a Fiesta driven by Kuipers worth more than any virtual experience. It was also an excellent opportunity to see a detail of a person of superior WRC 2 and confirm that to be well on your way, or playing the roar of the engines, recorded directly into the offices of the teams most important technologies in special rooms with very low noise advanced in order to guarantee made as close as possible to reality.

Final Remarks
WRC 2 is shown for the first time in the best possible venue, or directly alongside the real racing cars, in the roar of their engines and a short walk from the spectacular Athenian stage, revealing a work that seems to proceed in the best way. A very good driving model already in previous work, go back many promising improvements (such as, inter alia, have assured us Armindo Araujo and Dennis Kuipers, directly involved in the early stages of testing), but also the entire industry has been revised aesthetic and technical from zero to allow the product to compete on equal terms Balckbean of a difficult market like few others. The Italian team in fact seems to be able once again to give fans a title packed with their usual care. The release date is currently scheduled for the month of October, stay with us for any updates.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (140.3 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (34.3 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (44.4 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (39.1 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (43.5 KB, 131 views)
JorritVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 11, 13:26   #2
doe074

looking forward to this.

Milestone are basically without competition now that Codemasters (and everybody else) have stopped making (pure) rally games. i hope they improve on the graphics and handling of the first WRC game. love the fact they are now also including vintage rally cars.
doe074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 11, 11:45   #3
Luke

The stages design Is the key. If they built narrow,twisty stages with bumbs,blind crests, and proper tight hairpins they have nothing to fear of.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 11, 23:44   #4
Eyghon(NG)

Quote:
Let's get dirty!
Put your hands on the pad
Kind of says it all for me
Eyghon(NG) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 11, 00:02   #5
Kazumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
The stages design Is the key. If they built narrow,twisty stages with bumbs,blind crests, and proper tight hairpins they have nothing to fear of.

Quote:
Milestone is well aware of the limitations and defects in their products, and from there starts the processing of various follow-up, always keeping in mind the ultimate goal, or make fun and exciting titles.
they make that sound like it's a feature

edit: well could be just google translator... so... let's hope for the best
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 11, 14:53   #6
Brainbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
The stages design Is the key. ...
not really. the handling/physics are. if it will be the same as v1, v2 will fail the same way.
Brainbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 11, 09:26   #7
SukIS04

A pc demo (b4 the release) with the wheel spilt-axis probl. solved !!
-Preferably on track(s) proving all surfaces ( tarmac, gravel, dust, etc. in rain, snow, night & day.. ) done "right"..
+ CLUTCH & Lights on/off control etc.

Then I might buy..

+customer support? haha.. don't push it(alian)
SukIS04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 11, 05:54   #8
thewarmer

Its has to be a improvement of the first version,but its still going to be multi format so its going to be no sim.

More cars better track layout maybe the odd night stage current WRC still fears the dark.

Better track lighting god those Spainish tracks were too dark.

Could it get worse ? I can not think how it could be worse.
thewarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 11, 09:33   #9
Rumbly

Worst "teaser" trailer I have ever seen.

Not joking. :x
Rumbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 11, 18:14   #10
thewarmer

Yes it was crappy nice crash Barrier.
thewarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 11, 20:06   #11
Rumbly

Nothing was nice about it. Colin McRae rally intro looked better, and that's from 1998... D:
Old 8 July 11, 10:41   #12
Bongomaster

I was a huge fan of the old WRC titles on the PS2, but never actually bought the most recent one mainly because the graphics looked pretty poor (I know that's a bad excuse).

This one looks nice and if it has good handling and nice long stages, then I'll definitely buy it for PC with my G27. The previous one was meant to have really good physics, so I hope this one is the same with better graphics. The IGN preview mentions that they have been toned down a little bit though, to make the game more accessible. Hopefully it's not much.
Bongomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 11, 11:21   #13
kenpat
Donated

It's the stages and handling that'll do it for me. I really wish some company would update the old Rally Championship 2000 game or even get the stages.
kenpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 11, 18:45   #14
Altarir

If that trailer was supposed to encourage me to buy this game then it did the exact opposite. Shows absolutely nothing but a few crash barriers. Anyone with some 3d modelling skills could do a lot better than this. Apparently we're supposed to think "OOOH! pretty crash barriers, this game will be sooo incredible!!!" and start saving money. I'm really not that daft. And after playing the first games demo, I don't have much hopes that the 2nd one will be a good rally sim. Which means I have to stick to RBR (Ridiculously Bugged Rally), which is kinda sad
Altarir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 11, 18:56   #15
Luke

WRC2 first footage (starts at 1:30)

Old 17 July 11, 18:57   #16
Rumbly

Hmm...

Last edited by Rumbly; 28 December 11 at 03:53.
Old 24 July 11, 14:45   #17
doggod

hands on by Alan

Its looking like UbiSoft haven't brought anything to the game by their involvement

Looking at this q and a i find it hard to see what the guy is talking about when taken in context with those vids and last years game.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...same-sentence/
doggod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 11, 13:54   #18
Hezemans

www.racesimcentral.com/news/tag/wrc-2/
Hezemans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 11, 12:54   #19
Luke

Don't jumb Into conclusions yet.It Is a pre-alpha code;many things missing.

Old 22 August 11, 13:03   #20
Altarir

The guy driving is useless.

Subaru is indestructable.

As for the opening boot, all I can say is:

Yeah, I know it's alpha, but somehow I still don't think, they'll manage to make a good game.
Altarir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 11, 15:10   #21
Kazumi

co-driver: don't cut. invisible barrier ahead.

driver: WTF??

looks similar enough to last year. so no one will be disappoint

stages are all ~7 km, that's not bad.
Old 22 August 11, 15:28   #22
sca773r

looks pretty much the same crap of last year's game!
sca773r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 11, 12:33   #23
Hezemans

Looks like wrc1 arggggggggggggg
Old 4 September 11, 07:14   #24
TheMexican999

The one thing that ruined the fist game for me was the incrdably poor force feed back. you had a hard time feeling the difrence from tarmac to gravel. so far i have not heard word one on whether this is going to be fixed....untill i do...forget it!!!!!
TheMexican999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 11, 18:43   #25
SukIS04

some b0ring wip info @ ://www.wrcthegame.com/wrc.html ..
they better come up with a convincin pcdemo in the dl section at the end of next month or NO buy from me
SukIS04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 11, 18:07   #26
Doohie

I like those parts from the Interview:

'...WRC 2 gameplay has been totally revamped to allow hardcore simulation players to enjoy a real driving experience...'

'... Each car sounds (engine, turbo, transmission) have been recorded from the associated auto model
in order to give the player the feeling of being driving the real car he is actually playing...'

'...Even if gaming with a pad provides a balanced and smooth gameplay suitable for both newbies and pros,
driving with a wheel takes everything to an upper level. Indeed, only the steering wheel lets the player feel in his hand
all the physics force that are applied to the whole chassis, suspensions and steer...'

Full interview
Doohie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 11, 18:38   #27
gears
Donated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doohie View Post
I like those parts from the Interview:

'...WRC 2 gameplay has been totally revamped to allow hardcore simulation players to enjoy a real driving experience...'

'... Each car sounds (engine, turbo, transmission) have been recorded from the associated auto model
in order to give the player the feeling of being driving the real car he is actually playing...'

'...Even if gaming with a pad provides a balanced and smooth gameplay suitable for both newbies and pros,
driving with a wheel takes everything to an upper level. Indeed, only the steering wheel lets the player feel in his hand
all the physics force that are applied to the whole chassis, suspensions and steer...'

Full interview
OMG if that's true....

/prays to the rally game gods.
gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 11, 19:35   #28
Kazumi

Quote:
To satisfy the requests of the players, this year we have created some tracks with very narrow sections and, most important thing, very narrow hairpins.
I hope so

Quote:
When and where can folks buy the game?

WRC 2 FIA World Rally Championship will be available on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC in mid-October.
at least in europe.

no issue for me, but still they should work on it.
Old 23 September 11, 20:59   #29
Hezemans

Hope it feels like RBR?
Old 3 October 11, 16:28   #30
Racer STI

Release detained of some of the reasons for the week of the scheduled date.
Officially announced new release date - 14 October 2011.
Racer STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 11, 11:36   #31
max attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Don't jumb Into conclusions yet.It Is a pre-alpha code;many things missing.

Wow.
He got 5th driving like that? AI must be talented. It looks pre 1990 to me

Honestly, they should give up. That stage reminded me of rally-2000. Awful for 2011. Sega 2000 quality at best.

If I drove like that on a stage, I would delete it quicker than Lee travino's Putting challenge and ebay my steering wheel or in his case the gamepad.

I have paid for most rally games that have come out on PC. I didn't buy the last WRC not will I buy this one.
max attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 11, 03:28   #32
HarunaAmami

Quote:
Originally Posted by max attack View Post
AI must be talented.
Could be easy modo too, don't you think? Gotta appease to the casuals somehow.

For the record though, I hated WRC 2010. Dirt2 and to a lesser extent 3 may have had over the top X-games BS, but at least those had physics that felt like an easy mode RBR.
HarunaAmami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 11, 10:07   #33
max attack

Yes, you are right Haruna. I do hope its good,

I think a preview vid should-
a: not use that view
b: Use a good driver that doesn't crash like the car is uncontrollable.
Old 7 October 11, 15:54   #34
Doohie

Doohie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 11, 21:28   #35
max attack

Thx for that vid Doohie. That vid made it look 10,000 times better.

I might buy it now. Well I will read what you guys have to say about it and then decide.
Old 8 October 11, 15:32   #36
rocketpower

hi, i just installed WRC 2 but it seems my G25 isnt reconigzed in the game...
The only 2 options i have in me controlsettings is 'keyboard' and ' joystick 1' and then 3 empty devices...

I tried to change the controls of joystick 1 to use my G25 but it doesnt work for me
I can trottle and brake but is just everything or nothing just like my wheel, its fully to the left or fully to the right...

Can somebody help me plz!??
rocketpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 11, 19:52   #37
oohgoditsbees

That's odd rocketpower, I have a Driving Force GT and my wheel is working just fine. I'm not sure what to suggest though. D:

I've been playing this for a couple hours today, so far, and it's a lot of fun! Much more realistic than Dirt 3, it feels like a proper rally sim. Maybe not as realistic as Richard Burns Rally though, but this has a lot more content, and rally stages that I haven't played to death yet, like in RBR.

I like that you can build your own team of mechanics, sponsors, and managers. There are a lot of rally cars, and you can paint them. You do research and development, repair your car inbetween races, hire new members, and pick up new sponsors, it's awesome and feels like you are managing a real rally team. Your team members get better as the seasons go on, and sponsors rate your performance.

Each rally location has 6 stages at least, and they range anywhere from 4 1/2 minutes to almost 6 minutes. So much longer than Dirt 3's rally stages.

The graphics are nothing to write home about, no. The game won't push your PC to its limits, this is the one area where Dirt 3 beats it, hands down. But otherwise, WRC 2 is a much better rally sim.

WRC 2010 was absolute crap, not a single redeeming feature about it, but Black Bean Studios has redeemed themselves with this sim I think. They proved upon everything in the first game and made WRC 2 into something worth playing. I am really addicted to this sim so far. Massive thumbs up from me.
oohgoditsbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 11, 19:54   #38
gears
Donated

How do you guys have the game? It's not going to be released until Oct 14?
Old 8 October 11, 20:13   #39
Kazumi

@oohgoditsbees:

so you say things really have changed
Old 8 October 11, 20:27   #40
Hezemans

Released, huh? How's that possible? Where?
Old 8 October 11, 20:31   #41
xFullBoost

yeah im having trouble with my g27 in wrc2. everything i do to try and make my steering loose doesn't effect it. :-/
xFullBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 11, 20:46   #42
MaxxFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezemans View Post
Released, huh? How's that possible? Where?
Pirate version "released" today.
MaxxFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 11, 20:50   #43
gears
Donated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxFR View Post
Then this thread should be locked.
Old 8 October 11, 20:50   #44
phil23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxFR View Post
Retail versions must be somewhere then!!!
phil23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 11, 21:20   #45
slyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil23 View Post
retail versions must be somewhere then!!!
exactly !!
slyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 11, 21:50   #46
oohgoditsbees

There are some very difficult and technical stages in this game! This is going to take a lot of practice in order to perfect each stage.
oohgoditsbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 11, 01:49   #47
bgis

I hope they release a demo . I use T500 RS pedals with a G25 wheel so I hope it has multiple controller inputs
bgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 11, 04:23   #48
CX650
Grumpy old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil23 View Post
Retail versions must be somewhere then!!!
Not until the 14th.
CX650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 11, 11:41   #49
Headsoup

All I'm going to say is, I thought the first one was pretty average, but I'll definitely be buying WRC 2011

Last edited by Headsoup; 9 October 11 at 12:34.
Headsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 11, 12:29   #50
Beaverz

Another game that I completely forgot about, not that I tried to ignore it's existence like The Run.

As I see in many comments this looks like pretty interesting game. Such a shame that my love for Codemasters went down drastically after DiRT3. Now I want a new rally game to cheer me up, hope this one could be it.
Beaverz is offline   Reply With Quote